ADVERTISEMENT

The die is cast, who stands with Humas?

Attending a Black only sorority is a protest for votes from the radical left. The list on non-attendees tells the tale.
It wasn’t a very wise move, considering what was going on outside the Capitol.

It basically makes those Reps and Senators look to be allies of people out there harassing the cops, burning the American flag, and hoisting the Palestinian flag.

I don’t stand with Humas, Hamas or Hummus.

The Jew-Haters. The Neo-Nazi left.
Burning the American flag and hoisting the Palestinian flag. Should send all of those people over on a field trip to Palestine to spend time with Hamas. All expenses paid. I’d chip in.
Hamas just might see to it that it’s a one way ticket once they find out they are Americans.

It basically makes those Reps and Senators look to be allies of people out there harassing the cops, burning the American flag, and hoisting the Palestinian flag.
Evidently Vance didn't attend, either. Prick.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
Attending a Black only sorority is a protest for votes from the radical left. The list on non-attendees tells the tale.

Would-be future leader of the Free World can't deign to be present at a speech made by one of our only semi-reliable allies in the Middle East... Great Call...
🙄😖

Last edited:
Reactions: DANC
You haven’t tried the real deal

I believe Rockport is purposely chiding Hamas... (no self respecting ultra evil terrorist group wants to be equated with seasoned chick pea paste 😉)... I have to admit however that the spelling made me pine for my days visiting The Trojan Horse...

Their version of hummus was consistently sublime...

It's been quite awhile since I've been able to get down there, has anyone tried their black bean hummus?

I believe Rockport is purposely chiding Hamas... (no self respecting ultra evil terrorist group wants to be equated with seasoned chick pea paste 😉)... I have to admit however that the spelling made me pine for my days visiting The Trojan Horse...

It's been quite awhile since I've been able to get down there, has anyone tried their black bean hummus?

Trojan horse is solid, but not near the top

Look to be...?????

I'm surprised they weren't out there with them...

Last edited:

They are allies of those people.

Reactions: 76-1 and DANC
They are allies of those people.

I’m willing to give them the benefit of the doubt on that, so long as they make it clear that they aren’t.

In other words, being critical of Netanyahu and/or his government’s prosecution of the war can certainly stand alone from support for Hamas’ mission: which is not a change of policy in Israel, but the destruction of Israel itself.

But if I’m Patty Murray or Kamala Harris or anybody else who snubbed Netanyahu, I’m making every effort right now to be crystal clear about that distinction and condemning those who are openly championing the latter.

It’s obvious Kamala stands with them.
We’ll see.

For the most part, the Biden/Harris Administration has been very supportive of Israel since the massacre — in the face of some very real political pressure not to be. Netanyahu said as much in his speech yesterday, and he was right to.

But she’s the one in the hot seat now. It’s no longer enough for her to sit quietly in the background while her boss takes all the arrows.

Reactions: DANC and BCCHoosier
He may have to rethink that pick I don't think Trump would think twice about replacing him if needed.

I can't claim even a minimal understanding of the GOP's bylaws on this, let alone all 50 states' relevant election laws. But I'm reasonably sure at this point that it would take a lot more than one of Donald Trump's whims to replace Vance as the party's candidate for Vice President.

The Owlery has good hummus. Not a fan of going to vegetarian or vegan joints, but the hummus and a beer works for me. Wifey loves it.

That being said, Trojan Horse is still one of my favorites. A Super G upstairs in a booth just brings back too many fond memories to skip over the place.

Reactions: DANC and 76-1
But she’s the one in the hot seat now. It’s no longer enough for her to sit quietly in the background while her boss takes all the arrows.
Not true. My theory is part of the reason Biden is remaining on is to provide cover for Harris, someone to take the slings and arrows. The less exposure and responsibilities she has before election day, the better.

Not true. My theory is part of the reason Biden is remaining on is to provide cover for Harris, someone to take the slings and arrows. The less exposure and responsibilities she has before election day, the better.
Well, yes, Biden is still POTUS -- so I'm not saying that he's completely out of the picture.

But that doesn't mean that she isn't going to have to articulate some kind of a clear policy position on the matter...especially if hostilities continue through November. If they don't, it will be a huge relief to her -- because it's a much tougher issue for Dems than it is for Republicans.

I don’t stand with Humas, Hamas or Hummus.

The Jew-Haters. The Neo-Nazi left.
Burning the American flag and hoisting the Palestinian flag. Should send all of those people over on a field trip to Palestine to spend time with Hamas. All expenses paid. I’d chip in.
Hamas just might see to it that it’s a one way ticket once they find out they are Americans.
American hummus sucks. If you ever get to go to the Middle East and have real hummus it will rock your world. I literally just eat it with a spoon.

Well, yes, Biden is still POTUS -- so I'm not saying that he's completely out of the picture.

But that doesn't mean that she isn't going to have to articulate some kind of a clear policy position on the matter...especially if hostilities continue through November. If they don't, it will be a huge relief to her -- because it's a much tougher issue for Dems than it is for Republicans.
I really don't think she'll have to articulate much policy in general other than Biden is a hero for what he's doing and I stand by him, and Trump can't be allowed to happen.

They can continue to both sides the Gaza issue, and have Biden place a larger emphasis on supporting Israel while she places a larger emphasis on crocodile tears for Gazans.

I can't claim even a minimal understanding of the GOP's bylaws on this, let alone all 50 states' relevant election laws. But I'm reasonably sure at this point that it would take a lot more than one of Donald Trump's whims to replace Vance as the party's candidate for Vice President.
I guess he could withdraw like Biden?

• Haha
The Owlery has good hummus. Not a fan of going to vegetarian or vegan joints, but the hummus and a beer works for me. Wifey loves it.

That being said, Trojan Horse is still one of my favorites. A Super G upstairs in a booth just brings back too many fond memories to skip over the place.
It's mid now. Much better authentic options from local food trucks. Ownership change and pandemic have caused a slide.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
I guess he could withdraw like Biden?

Biden withdrew before he was officially nominated by the Democratic Party. Had he been officially nominated, it would've been a very different story. This is the reason his backers were pushing the "virtual roll call" to take place prior to the convention.

Vance has been officially nominated by the Republican Party. So, as far as party by-laws and such, that's that. But then you also have to contend with 50 different sets of state laws governing ballot access.

Vance isn't going anywhere.

Biden withdrew before he was officially nominated by the Democratic Party. Had he been officially nominated, it would've been a very different story. This is the reason his backers were pushing the "virtual roll call" to take place prior to the convention.

Vance has been officially nominated by the Republican Party. So, as far as party by-laws and such, that's that. But then you also have to contend with 50 different sets of state laws governing ballot access.

Vance isn't going anywhere.
I don’t think he’s going anywhere. I think the parties can do about anything they please.

I don’t think he’s going anywhere. I think the parties can do about anything they please.

Parties can always change their own by-laws and policies, yes. As private organizations, they have a great deal of latitude to do that.

But, as with any other organization, what they do or don't do so far as rules doesn't ever supersede applicable laws. And there certainly are applicable laws about what names are or aren't appearing on a state's ballots.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT