ADVERTISEMENT

The best news of all.

fkfootball

All-American
Apr 28, 2014
I'll be the 1st to admit that I have been a Tom Allen skeptic. I dont want any backlash, that's why I'm being upfront.

However, the things that worried me the most, are no longer worrying me.

1. Can he recruit?
-This is the best freshman class we have ever had.

2. Can he prepare?
-We have looked prepared in all 3 games so far.

3. Can he make adjustments?
-He has made solid adjustments as the HC/DC.

4. Can he handle both roles?
-Extremely good job so far with a very young defense.

5. Can he get Debord going?
-Debord has been much better as the OC this season.

Time will tell against the best in the Big Ten. But we might have finally found our coach.

You watch the games and you're thinking, "this is good football." No gimmicky stuff, solid (for the most part) tackling, excellent pass coverage (remember the "bend but don't break" philosophy of the past where our defenders would be 10 yards off of the receivers?), smart in-game decisions, no stupid penalties, nice clock management, etc. And, while we scored a bunch today (and we clearly could've scored more), we're not going going to have to score 40 every week in order to have a shot at winning. I'm liking this, but am trying to contain my enthusiasm until I see what we do in a conference game.

I'll be the 1st to admit that I have been a Tom Allen skeptic. I dont want any backlash, that's why I'm being upfront.

However, the things that worried me the most, are no longer worrying me.

1. Can he recruit?
-This is the best freshman class we have ever had.

2. Can he prepare?
-We have looked prepared in all 3 games so far.

3. Can he make adjustments?
-He has made solid adjustments as the HC/DC.

4. Can he handle both roles?
-Extremely good job so far with a very young defense.

5. Can he get Debord going?
-Debord has been much better as the OC this season.

Time will tell against the best in the Big Ten. But we might have finally found our coach.
he's doing a helluva job!
0edd38803683947e0ac5e0a656b0d59f.jpg

Reactions: echs86
You watch the games and you're thinking, "this is good football." No gimmicky stuff, solid (for the most part) tackling, excellent pass coverage (remember the "bend but don't break" philosophy of the past where our defenders would be 10 yards off of the receivers?), smart in-game decisions, no stupid penalties, nice clock management, etc. And, while we scored a bunch today (and we clearly could've scored more), we're not going going to have to score 40 every week in order to have a shot at winning. I'm liking this, but am trying to contain my enthusiasm until I see what we do in a conference game.

I couldn't agree more with this post. I spent the whole game today thinking how great it is that our coaching staff doesn't do stupid stuff. I know it's early but I'm very excited about this team and our coaching staff!

And yet you were crowing about 7 or 8 wins all summer for this team. Quit straddling the fence and take a stand.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT