ADVERTISEMENT

Goode Committed

to play less than 1 minute a game? There's no room in the backcourt. Need a backup big .. or two.
I agree but, take it for what its worth, a poster on b town banners says we've reached out to 6'4" shooter Alax Hemenway, from Clemson, originally from Newburgh, IN, who just entered the portal.

I agree but, take it for what its worth, a poster on b town banners says we've reached out to 6'4" shooter Alax Hemenway, from Clemson, originally from Newburgh, IN, who just entered the portal.
Yeah I heard that too .. I cant see how any of them get minutes. Hope they like just practicing and watching games ..

Yeah I heard that too .. I cant see how any of them get minutes. Hope they like just practicing and watching games ..
Well you forgot we are gonna have at least 3 guards hurt come December! But yes, we for sure need one big, because again, injuries... Id get a legit big back up and a 6'10 foreign prospect that thinks he can shoot. Hell we are buying players, why not!

Assuming we get Goode, it would only make sense if Cupps was either leaving or willing to redshirt.

Last edited:
Reactions: T.M.P.
I think the Hemenway kid and his family would be happy with the role for IU he would have for his last season. Always a chance to work into the lineup most nights.

I was in Btown and ran into Rob Norris and he said he was trying to get Heminway to IU. He was one of his coaches at some point. I dismissed it but you never know.

Reactions: GeorgeStrait IU
I was in Btown and ran into Rob Norris and he said he was trying to get Heminway to IU. He was one of his coaches at some point. I dismissed it but you never know.
Let's hope so. I have heard his family really wants him at Indiana. He would be a valueable peice if healthy. Him and Goode would be battling each other for the minutes.

to play less than 1 minute a game? There's no room in the bac

to play less than 1 minute a game? There's no room in the backcourt. Need a backup big .. or two.
Given our shoe sponsor is the company that makes the boot, and our penchant for injury, I'd say recruit as many good players as possible. These kids know who is already on the roster, and if they want to earn NIL money at the expense of playing time, so be it.

Assuming we get Goode, it would only make sense if Cupps was either leaving or willing to redshirt.
I think you’re going to see a healthy dose of Mgbako and Goode in some combination at the 3 and 4 unless IU gets a legit 15 mpg big. Ballo can’t play 30 mpg and he and Reneau aren’t going to be playing all their minutes together simultaneously.

I doubt minutes will be an issue. I can see a redshirt being a part of this process for IU. Wondering why we don't hear much about Newton's recovery. Leal won't be complaining at this point. Trey may need time to fully recover. Injuries as noted previously will occur.

All these newcomers were told what their opportunities will be this season. I doubt CMW is going to go back on his word.

Alex Hemenway - Clemson Tigers Guard - ESPN

Reactions: GeorgeStrait IU
MV5BZmQ1NTdmMTEtMzA1Ni00NjU2LWFiZjQtMjg2MzM1ZDNmNzQxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjIyMzMxMTk@._V1_.jpg

I loved Luke on the Andy Griffith show. He has aged well..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT