ADVERTISEMENT

The “Brohm to Louisville” Talk Is Strong In Louisville

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you think you have more assets than Purdue how do you explain your $700M endowment and Purdue’s $2.4B endowment?

It’s not “you.”

I’m no Louisville fan.

But I live in Louisville and know the business community.

And as I keep saying, endowment and the UofL budget and/or UofL Foundation Budget are irrelevant to whether UofL Athletics can compete with Purdue financially for Brohm.

Half of their problems right now arose because UofL Athletics had much money and great donors, but the school had issues. The Foundation turned into a new source for Athletics while the School stayed in trouble- trouble with research and trouble with the medical school. Papa John asked publically how the Athletics could have enough to build new everything while the school was broke. Led to audits. Led to firings. Pitino issues arose separately, but at the same time.

But ... Athletics can tap the Louisville business community for whatever it needs. Including a football coach.

It’s not “you.”

I’m no Louisville fan.

But I live in Louisville and know the business community.

And as I keep saying, endowment and the UofL budget and/or UofL Foundation Budget are irrelevant to whether UofL Athletics can compete with Purdue financially for Brohm.

Half of their problems right now arose because UofL Athletics had much money and great donors, but the school had issues. The Foundation turned into a new source for Athletics while the School stayed in trouble- trouble with research and trouble with the medical school. Papa John asked publically how the Athletics could have enough to build new everything while the school was broke. Led to audits. Led to firings. Pitino issues arose separately, but at the same time.

But ... Athletics can tap the Louisville business community for whatever it needs. Including a football coach.

That new President has no idea what she has stepped into. When a institution of higher becomes a subsidiary of Intercollegiate athletics there is a day when the piper will be paid coming down the road!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT