ADVERTISEMENT

That charge was horse shit!!!!

He is turning the corner. Shot will be next to come. Too late is my only concern. Maybe we can win the big ten tourney? Ya, that isn’t even a good joke.
I am a sucker. I’ll root for them till the last second hoping they do that. Only way we get in the dance.

Purdue could really win it this year. That would be the final gut punch.

When X instinctively batted the ball back to the Illinois player, the player’s overly zealous reaction baited the ref into making the call.

Indiana basketball is just not a popular brand of basketball right now and it shows in the calls going against us. Some might argue it’s growing to curse-like proportion. If so, the question remains, is it the curse of Bob Knight or the heavy hand of Myles Brand?
There were calls (clearly wrong) that went against Illinois also.

Reactions: ziggy007
There were calls (clearly wrong) that went against Illinois also.
Sometimes though, one or two at the wrong time are game changers.

Unfortunately when a team is struggling to win, it seems like it’s always going against them.

It’s like me and blackjack. When things are going really bad, I can have a 6 and 5, double down and get a 9 and the dealer draws 6 cards for 21.

• Haha
Reactions: CriticArisen
Myles Brand. I will hate that man till my last dying breath.
Arrogance in the hands of the unknowing sealed our fate. Intelligence comes in many forms. As a relatively inexperienced IU president, Brand's mandate of "Zero Tolerance" policy for one of his most successful teachers, albeit a teacher of highly volatile personality, proved to be a dumb mistake. Myles Brand had no idea what Knight's success brought to the university. Twenty-four years later and IU continues to pay for the thoughtless idiocy of our ruling "educated elite".

Arrogance in the hands of the unknowing sealed our fate. Intelligence comes in many forms. As a relatively inexperienced IU president, Brand's mandate of "Zero Tolerance" policy for one of his most successful teachers, albeit a teacher of highly volatile personality, proved to be a dumb mistake. Myles Brand had no idea what Knight's success brought to the university. Twenty-four years later and IU continues to pay for the thoughtless idiocy of our ruling "educated elite".
The glory of being the academic that laid RMK low. Total a##wipe.

You just said it all perfectly!

He destroyed IU Basketball and he later ran the NCAA. Crazy!

The refs didn’t screw IU. I agree that the charge call on X was a bad call. Overall I don’t think IU got a bad whistle.

I don’t have a problem on X’s technical. Great effort by X on the rebound and bucket. Just leave the ball alone. He has earned a reputation and deserves scrutiny from the ref’s.

The glory of being the academic that laid RMK low. Total a##wipe.
His "brilliant" decision of leadership to bring down an esteemed basketball culture for his own personal gain, a more prestigious gig listed in the final edition of his curriculum vitae, is one of college basketballs greatest coaching travesties. IU may never be the same in my life time or yours.

For a photographer, image is everything.
For an educated idiot, curriculum vitae is everything.

Myles Brand proved to be that educated idiot, a selfish man out of touch with his local environment.

Myles Brand was the brainy boy in grade school who received poor marks in physical education, having never worked up a meaningful sweat.

Myles Brand was shunned by his classmates for wearing a slide ruler holstered to his belt.

Myles Brand as university president was known across campus for his bad breath, despite the impressive length of his curriculum vitae.

Isiah slapped Roosevelt Barnes in the PU game and that center from Iowa and ejected from the Iowa game. Both were retaliatory and RMK even called a press conference to back him up. This follows RMK and Isiah’s older brother getting ready to go outside to fight during RMK‘s home visit. :). Some very good people don’t come from a middle class background.

Isiah slapped Roosevelt Barnes in the PU game and that center from Iowa and ejected from the Iowa game. Both were retaliatory and RMK even called a press conference to back him up. This follows RMK and Isiah’s older brother getting ready to go outside to fight during RMK‘s home visit. :). Some very good people don’t come from a middle class background.
The 4/5 years my son played AAU we had many great experiences from kids and parents not as fortunate as we were. It was a great education for both of us and we made lifelong friends with a diverse group of people.

I am a sucker. I’ll root for them till the last second hoping they do that. Only way we get in the dance.

Purdue could really win it this year. That would be the final gut punch.
You may be right about PU but I still see major weakness that will be exposed the farther they go in the tournament. They are being held together by Edey, Smith and Jones. I still think even with his improvement Smith can be exposed with quickness and size into making mistakes that cost them. Jalen Hood absolutely made him look like a middle schooler in our two games last year.

You may be right about PU but I still see major weakness that will be exposed the farther they go in the tournament. They are being held together by Edey, Smith and Jones. I still think even with his improvement Smith can be exposed with quickness and size into making mistakes that cost them. Jalen Hood absolutely made him look like a middle schooler in our two games last year.
Hood did but the kid looks much stronger and confident this year.

Zeke reacted to the Barnes sucker punch. Barnes was lucky that is all he got.

Hood did but the kid looks much stronger and confident this year.
Still not much of a defender or ball handler. He is a weakness.

It was a horseshit call.
But at least it wasn't tv Teddy calling 5 or 6 of em in one game.
I'm looking on the bright side.
Another tough loss.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT