ADVERTISEMENT

That charge was horse shit!!!!

At least we looked competitive for a tough road game. Illinois didn’t have their best game but we didn’t get blown out.

To not be able to make a free throw or one three pointer is beyond terrible. The coach and the roster is awful tear it down hell Crean made three's with b team players.

Reactions: GeorgeStrait IU
Illinois looked like crap and we still lost. Horrible.
I was watching the game with an Illinois grad, and he was just shaking his head. He couldn't believe how bad Illinois looked and was lucky to get out of the game with an L. I mean, that's how bad IU has looked on a regular basis.

He was feeling sorry for me being an IU fan. We're getting sympathy from our rival's fans now. WTF?

How about the most uncreative and nonthreating offensive scheme you've ever seen?
I am trying to figure out their offense but I think I finally get it after all these games.

1. pass the ball to wings and wait for Renaeu to post up and pass him the ball for his move.
2. dribble three man weave on top and hope we can drive someone down the lane for a layup
3. one man dribble four others stand watching --- no screens away from ball --- don't create a shot for someone else. Just keep dribbling and try your NBA move.
4. get the ball and do your one on one move while the other four players watch you
5. looked confused as Woodson points to where you should be in the play he has called.

And my favorite play they run consistently .....

you pick for me, I dribble past you 20' from basket and then turn and throw the ball back to you .... then you pass it back to me four feet away from you.

IU played good defense and hustled all game. They had an impact on UI. A loss is a loss but they played to win.
I would say, maybe, better defense than we’ve seen out of them. It was far from “good” though. Illinois missed a TON of easy shots. And I’m not sure we did much to cause those misses on a lot of them.

Reactions: Bucket Getter
Watched the replay a few more times. Man, X guarded him perfect. Shannon throws his elbow into Xs chest clearing space, clear cut offensive foul call. Now, Xavier has to hit those FTs, I am sure he won't sleep tonight because of it. But, Jesus Christ, that call changed the game. F that.

Watched the replay a few more times. Man, X guarded him perfect. Shannon throws his elbow into Xs chest clearing space, clear cut offensive foul call. Now, Xavier has to hit those FTs, I am sure he won't sleep tonight because of it. But, Jesus Christ, that call changed the game. F that.
Agree. It was a BS call. Good d by X. Total charge on Shannon. But, again, we may not like it, but X has worked hard on his “reputation” so as not to get the call either.

I am trying to figure out their offense but I think I finally get it after all these games.

1. pass the ball to wings and wait for Renaeu to post up and pass him the ball for his move.
2. dribble three man weave on top and hope we can drive someone down the lane for a layup
3. one man dribble four others stand watching --- no screens away from ball --- don't create a shot for someone else. Just keep dribbling and try your NBA move.
4. get the ball and do your one on one move while the other four players watch you
5. looked confused as Woodson points to where you should be in the play he has called.

you pick for me, I dribble past you 20' from basket and then turn and throw the ball back to you .... then you pass it back to me four feet away from you.
dumb

that is a perfect summary of our offense

Yeah. He'd be so much better off with Shannon's reputation.
I said “we may not like it”, pertaining to X. Read, please.

And as for Shannon, his on court “reputation” compared to X, not the same. Other than his late FT shooting, Shannon on the floor today seemed a good thing…for IU.

You don’t shoot free throws off offensive fouls. We’d have just had the ball and it still would have been tied.

We all are frustrated even pissed at the play and results, but I just refuse to be part of today's fan that will not see multiple sides of an issue and not act like an expert that can solve our problems. Yes, facts are we are a bad shooting team, rebounding team and many times just not playing together or with purpose.

Everybody says Illinois played a bad game and they did not play great, but our defense actually caused some of that. We made their drivers like Dommask give up the ball and not get to the basket. Our inability to block out and rebound gave Illinois too many shots like almost every game we play. We forced Illinois a lot of things they are not comfortable to do. Every team including us has somebody the other fans think are punks or bad actors. We have X, Illinois has Hawkins.

We played well enough to win but instead of the five minutes at the start of the game and after half it was the last two minutes of the half and game that cost us the game in addition to the awful shooting and rebounding.

We may not be going anywhere this year, but I still want to see them become a decent team. We have two home games coming up and must absolutely win those to stay at the middle of the pack.

I am frustrated and very disappointed but Hoosier fan and alum for too many years not to support the rest of the season.

This is pathetic.
I don’t know which one you’re talking about. The missed charge that X drew against Shannon was a game changer. Total missed call. I really think the refs have X’s number after the flagrant fouls in previous games.

The flagrant call on him at halftime was complete bullshit.

I don’t know which one you’re talking about. The missed charge that X drew against Shannon was a game changer. Total missed call. I really think the refs have X’s number after the flagrant fouls in previous games.

I posted this right after Shannon got away with the charge and they called the block on X. Both calls were awful. We have a hard enough time not beating ourselves. Refs screwed us yesterday.

Reactions: stollcpa

When X instinctively batted the ball back to the Illinois player, the player’s overly zealous reaction baited the ref into making the call.

Indiana basketball is just not a popular brand of basketball right now and it shows in the calls going against us. Some might argue it’s growing to curse-like proportion. If so, the question remains, is it the curse of Bob Knight or the heavy hand of Myles Brand?

When X instinctively batted the ball back to the Illinois player, the player’s overly zealous reaction baited the ref into making the call.

Indiana basketball is just not a popular brand of basketball right now and it shows in the calls going against us. Some might argue it’s growing to curse-like proportion. If so, the question remains, is it the curse of Bob Knight or the heavy hand of Myles Brand?
Myles Brand. I will hate that man till my last dying breath.

I posted this right after Shannon got away with the charge and they called the block on X. Both calls were awful. We have a hard enough time not beating ourselves. Refs screwed us yesterday.
Both were awful. The non call was a killer in my mind.

X played his ass off yesterday. I get down on him like others but but he ain’t no pussy running off looking for a safe space. He’s fighting. Gotta give him props for fighting and not giving up.

Ware and Mgbako could both use some of that moxie and fighting spirit. Mgbako goes up so weak when he’s around the basket and misses too many times. Damn, with his body he looks like he could go up and throw the ball and anyone hanging on him through the basket.

Hubie Brown will not waste his time telling you..
Oh yes!!!! Those NBA sets .... just kicking ass with that system aren't they? I smell a final 4 with those NBA sets. Undefeated the rest of the year. Tell Hubie I say Hi and if I wanted to watch NBA ball I'd watch the real thing.

Both were awful. The non call was a killer in my mind.

X played his ass off yesterday. I get down on him like others but but he ain’t no pussy running off looking for a safe space. He’s fighting. Gotta give him props for fighting and not giving up.

Ware and Mgbako could both use some of that moxie and fighting spirit. Mgbako goes up so weak when he’s around the basket and misses too many times. Damn, with his body he looks like he could go up and throw the ball and anyone hanging on him through the basket.
He is turning the corner. Shot will be next to come. Too late is my only concern. Maybe we can win the big ten tourney? Ya, that isn’t even a good joke.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT