ADVERTISEMENT

Thank goodness Allen took the D over

Bazelak threw high when he was pressured and couldn't follow through. The ball sailed on him when this happened.

DL and LB DID stop the run - a lot. They also let Brown, I. Williams and DeVito get loose a fair amount. I don't recall Love or any other RB than Brown get loose at all. But there were no breakout runs for scores. Am I missing something?

I think Illinois is a decent, physical team. Their QB's accuracy wasn't that great, and his receivers dropped some passes. Their defense was fast and physical. Their offense had some bad turnovers, and suffered some indignities like the lateral call - that was close, but a good call nonetheless.

Illinois lost this game, IU didn't "win" it. That's on Bielma.
So there are what 4 columns now Win Loss Tie and Did Not win.

Part of the reason is we don't have anything to hold backside pursuit and no qb run threat to hold backside just bring a wr back around and fake thereverse. They are not that great of blockers anyway.
If there is one area that Bell has made a difference according to his past its a run game. Lets see what happens this week. I was sure hoping for a return to the KW days in week one, but it is what it is. If we end up on the plus side of the win-loss column and can retain Bell for another year I'll be happy.

If there is one area that Bell has made a difference according to his past its a run game. Lets see what happens this week. I was sure hoping for a return to the KW days in week one, but it is what it is. If we end up on the plus side of the win-loss column and can retain Bell for another year I'll be happy.
Yes I am not giving up at all on the IU run game. As our pass game improves, people will have to give it more respect and not be able to sell out on the run game. We have some game changers in the receiving room. They will eventually have to back off as Bazelak and they get more familiar with each other.

Yes I am not giving up at all on the IU run game. As our pass game improves, people will have to give it more respect and not be able to sell out on the run game. We have some game changers in the receiving room. They will eventually have to back off as Bazelak and they get more familiar with each other.
Seeing Bazelak drop that 52 yard bomb into DJ Matthews hands in stride gives me the warm and fuzzies 😊

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT