ADVERTISEMENT

Texas is really good

IUNorth

Hall of Famer
Oct 25, 2002
Just wanted to throw that out there. They have NBA talent up front. And quality, experienced guards.

I thought it’d be a better matchup than it has been thus far.

I made a statement a week or so ago that if Lander wasn’t starting for us, that wasn’t a good sign. I was overestimating how good he was. But my premise was a little misunderstood. It’s less about Lander and more about our returning backcourt guys. Rob, Al, and Armaan just aren’t guys that can lead a quality high major team. Solid bench guys, sure. But the verdict is out on how good you can be with those guys leading your team. My hopes were that the 5 star, top of his class, PG would come in and change that dynamic.

It appears that isn’t going to happen. So in this years B10...I see is likely battling on the bubble again. Which sucks.

Just wanted to throw that out there. They have NBA talent up front. And quality, experienced guards.

I made a statement a week or so ago that if Lander wasn’t starting for us, that wasn’t a good sign. I was overestimating how good he was. But my premise was a little misunderstood. It’s less about Lander and more about our returning backcourt guys. Rob, Al, and Armaan just aren’t guys that can lead a quality high major team. Solid bench guys, sure. But the verdict is out on how good you can be with those guys leading your team. My hopes were that the 5 star, top of his class, PG would come in and change that dynamic.

It appears that isn’t going to happen. So in this years B10...I see is likely battling on the bubble again. Which sucks.

Need lander starting and playing 30 mins if we are gonna be a top team. Rob is who he is I think at this point, and that is a below average guard.

TX is far more aggressive but I also see a team that has sloppily jacked up 22 threes and six managed to go in. Us not making layups isn’t helping.

You are dead on. I thought the same thing about Lander. It's not a knock on Al and Rob, it's just that they are very average and wouldn't start for any of our strong teams in the past. Neither will sniff 3rd team all big ten.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT