ADVERTISEMENT

T.J. Leaf back on the board?

It was 7-8 guys having drink and watching TV after round of golf. Only people in the room and most all the talk was IU basketball with most if not all the guys IU grads. You can believe whatever the hell you want to believe but I listen to what Calbert said and he didn't diss Crean when given the opportunity.

Again, you proved my point.

He's not going to say anything bad around some yahoo that's going to race to a message board putting his words up.

Again, you proved my point.

He's not going to say anything bad around some yahoo that's going to race to a message board putting his words up.

So those yahoos on here that say CC can't stand Crean, where do they get the information if CC too smart to say anything? I didn't come running on here to talk about what CC said. I got tired of watching posts over and over where people say CC can't stand Crean. I had an experience where I heard CC talk and he said no such thing. You don't like that because it doesn't fit your narrative which is fine.

CC is too smart to say anything and Cody is so dumb that he tells a room of college kids how much he dislikes Crean. I think I get it.

Last edited:
So those yahoos on here that say CC can't stand Crean, where do they get the information if CC too smart to say anything? I didn't come running on here to talk about what CC said. I got tired of watching posts over and over where people say CC can't stand Crean. I had an experience where I heard CC talk and he said no such thing. You don't like that because it doesn't fit your narrative which is fine.

CC is too smart to say anything and Cody is so dumb that he tells a room of college kids how much he dislikes Crean. I think I get it.

Actions speak louder than words.

Calbert left. And he was offered a job back and said no.

And you'd think with an open assistant job we could get a former Hoosier that is coaching instead of some dude that was an awful head coach and some nobody school.

And you'd think with an open assistant job we could get a former Hoosier that is coaching instead of some dude that was an awful head coach and some nobody school.

Maybe the answer is simple regarding CC. He saved the money he made in the NBA and he didn't need or want a high stress job with IU and a workaholic head coach who would have demanded long hours. Maybe he went to work for a friend and less stressful and demanding job. And most of all for a less rabid fan base that wouldn't have been on his rear end all the time. Maybe that's not the answer but something along those lines could be possible.

Maybe the answer is simple regarding CC. He saved the money he made in the NBA and he didn't need or want a high stress job with IU and a workaholic head coach who would have demanded long hours. Maybe he went to work for a friend and less stressful and demanding job. And most of all for a less rabid fan base that wouldn't have been on his rear end all the time. Maybe that's not the answer but something along those lines could be possible.
It would be wrong to believe CC took the SLU job because it was less stressful or less demanding or somehow less important to their fans or to the school or to the players. If you know JC, he's a pretty intense guy with high expectations.

Your Taffy is getting deeper...

Reactions: stollcpa
It would be wrong to believe CC took the SLU job because it was less stressful or less demanding or somehow less important to their fans or to the school or to the players. If you know JC, he's a pretty intense guy with high expectations.

There's no comparison the demands and stress associated with the IU job and St Louis. I am guessing CC was smart and saved his NBA money. He has kids and wants a life. The St Louis job might be less of a fishbowl than IU. He can learn and gain experience under a friend. Based on what I heard CC say and others, TC is difficult to work for.

There's no comparison the demands and stress associated with the IU job and St Louis. I am guessing CC was smart and saved his NBA money. He has kids and wants a life. The St Louis job might be less of a fishbowl than IU. He can learn and gain experience under a friend. Based on what I heard CC say and others, TC is difficult to work for.
From a coaching perspective, there's very little difference in the time, effort and energy that an assistant must invest in any job, whether it's IU or SLU. Calbert didn't take that job so he could have an easier go of it.

From a coaching perspective, there's very little difference in the time, effort and energy that an assistant must invest in any job, whether it's IU or SLU. Calbert didn't take that job so he could have an easier go of it.

So you talked to Calbert and he told you that?

So you talked to Calbert and he told you that?
No, I know and have known coaches at various levels. Your belief that a job at SLU compared to IU is less stressful simply because of the relative prominence of the programs is inaccurate. As for Calbert, there are plenty of folks in and around the IU athletic department who understand why he didn't choose to continue his coaching career in Bloomington. Feel free to believe what you want.

No, I know and have known coaches at various levels. Your belief that a job at SLU compared to IU is less stressful simply because of the relative prominence of the programs is inaccurate. As for Calbert, there are plenty of folks in and around the IU athletic department who understand why he didn't choose to continue his coaching career in Bloomington. Feel free to believe what you want.

You too. But we know Calbert is too smart to have told anyone so everyone is guessing.

Maybe aliens kidnapped him....

He didn't tell anyone? Like I said, believe what you want. Even if it's totally implausible.

I am playing golf and lost track but one of you guys argued CC too smart to say anything bad about TC with friends in Eville but he's not too smart to diss TC in Athletic Department. You want it both ways.

You too. But we know Calbert is too smart to have told anyone so everyone is guessing.
Plausible reasoning... Gig as head coach comes sooner there than IU... Particularly after Crews has said he is short term at his gig there... Good opportunity for CC to step in when Crews leaves...

Reactions: stollcpa
I doubt if any D-1 job as an asst. basketball coach would be anything but stressful, so I don't think he avoided stress by going to St. Louis. The asst. coaches spend many many hours away from home and family on recruiting trips and game prep as well as everything else.

Cheaney's job at IU had an impressive title like director of basketball operations and director of player development but, as I recall, it didn't pay squat and NCAA rules limited his contact with the team because he was not an assistant IU coach. I always thought Cheaney wanted to go someplace and work his way through the ranks to become a head coach.

He's awesome. Hard to get at times but that's what makes him great.
If he is hard to get then he is not communicating clearly and effectively and the ability to communicate is the single most important skill (IMHO) for anyone announcing a game.

I imagine others may see this differently.

Thanks for the update. I was beginning to think every post here is Crean bashing. Bunch of crybabies.

The "crybabies" are those that blame the refs after every loss and think Crean should be in the HOF because he got to the Sweet 16 once.

If one is going the anti Crean route, at least be forthright and honest. I've never seen a HOF discussion let alone several (as indicated by the plural use of "crybabies"), and Crean coached in Final Four, not a Sweet 16 once.

Strawman.

Please find a single post in the entire history of the Interwebz arguing that Crean should be in the HOF.

The "crybabies" are those that blame the refs after every loss and think Crean should be in the HOF because he got to the Sweet 16 once.

LOL. There he is again, folks! Waah!

I'm seriously a bit concerned about you for the upcoming season. You may want to go on some blood thinners or you may end up stroking out when IU wins a bunch of games and is a borderline top 10 team.

Says Bozo who thinks we should cheat to win and calls people "hayseeds" if they disagree.......

Last edited:
Since EVERY thread now on the free board has been taken over by 3 outspoken posters who are just trying to bash Crean every chance they can get, lets try to get back to what this thread was actually about. There are plenty of other places you can go to argue in circles with a brick wall.

So we're getting an in-home visit with Leaf. That's a good sign at least. It seems like Crean does pretty well laying out how they plan on using a player and I imagine Leaf would play a position somewhat similar to a stretch 4. Anyone know if we're expected to get an official visit from him? He visited unofficially early in his high school career so he's prob familiar with the campus but hopefully we can lock down an official.

Reactions: SequoiaHoosier
We were solid with Leaf until we hit a wall season before last in terms of on-court performance. If we can show good results this year, I have to think we've got an excellent chance.

Since EVERY thread now on the free board has been taken over by 3 outspoken posters who are just trying to bash Crean every chance they can get, lets try to get back to what this thread was actually about. There are plenty of other places you can go to argue in circles with a brick wall.

So we're getting an in-home visit with Leaf. That's a good sign at least. It seems like Crean does pretty well laying out how they plan on using a player and I imagine Leaf would play a position somewhat similar to a stretch 4. Anyone know if we're expected to get an official visit from him? He visited unofficially early in his high school career so he's prob familiar with the campus but hopefully we can lock down an official.

If anything, it is worse on the premium board. It would be easy to fix, but for some reason the management of the site turns a blind eye. In fact, they are more apt to ban positive posters than negative ones.

Either this is what they WANT Peegs to be, or they simply don't care as long as the $$$ keeps rolling in.

If anything, it is worse on the premium board. It would be easy to fix, but for some reason the management of the site turns a blind eye. In fact, they are more apt to ban positive posters than negative ones.

Either this is what they WANT Peegs to be, or they simply don't care as long as the $$$ keeps rolling in.
It seems as though you equate true fandom with a strict standard of non-criticism of anything connected to the program, no matter what and even in the face of mediocrity on the floor and questionable behavior off it. A strange way to be a fan, but it's clear that's the only thing you support.

Did Missionale really get kicked off the premium?

If FL33 and a few others got added to that list, I might consider subscribing again.

Our friend Miss Ale got kicked off the premium board for the same crap he is spewing here. I knew 2 days before TJ verbaled where he was going and why. I told Peegs that it was not IU.
But it is pissing in the wind to try to discuss that here. We will see what happens in his recruiting and Miss Ale can pound sand or whatever.

Nice strawman, dude. I criticize Crean all the time, which you would know had you done even a cursory search of my posting history.

But like so many of the obsessive-compulsive haters, you are only interested in pushing your uncompromisingly anti-Crean agenda at every possible opportunity. There is no grey in your world. "You're either with us, or you are a mediocrity-supporting Crean lover."

You guys have ruined this board and made it borderline embarrassing to be an IU fan.
And if you bothered to research my posting history, you'd realize how wrong you are. Isn't it enough that you're ignorant of the game? No need for you to criticize people who actually know what they're talking about. Take a seat and read a book. If you can. And IU fans like you who accept and defend mediocrity are the embarrassment.

LOL. I love this place.

If only you knew.

And if you bothered to research my posting history, you'd realize how wrong you are. Isn't it enough that you're ignorant of the game? No need for you to criticize people who actually know what they're talking about. Take a seat and read a book. If you can. And IU fans like you who accept and defend mediocrity are the embarrassment.

LOL. I love this place.

If only you knew.
That's the biggest problem for the new breed of IU fans who accept mediocrity. I do know. And so do plenty of others. The good news for you is that fewer and fewer of us care much anymore. Just one more excuse for you to cut down the nets, regardless of the final score.

Come in spa you knowits going to be a special year with the addition of Bryant! Add leaf and Mr maker the next and crean will not be going anywhere! Take that haters.

So accomplishments, HOF or other do not count outside of IU, Laffy? Agenda much??

buddy of mine is good friends with Buckley - from his days at ball state. basically says mum about Crean because he likes collecting his 500k/. off the record, thinks he's a nut job

LOL. There he is again, folks! Waah!

I'm seriously a bit concerned about you for the upcoming season. You may want to go on some blood thinners or you may end up stroking out when IU wins a bunch of games and is a borderline top 10 team.

Why would I stroke out? We have the talent for it. Sometimes a coach gets a "good draw" at the Dance (or is that only used when we lose?).

The Davis-haters say that team that made the Final game was so good Davis just rolled out the ball and the team coached itself.

Maybe this team will do the same.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT