ADVERTISEMENT

T.J. Leaf back on the board?

Since EVERY thread now on the free board has been taken over by 3 outspoken posters who are just trying to bash Crean every chance they can get, lets try to get back to what this thread was actually about. There are plenty of other places you can go to argue in circles with a brick wall.

So we're getting an in-home visit with Leaf. That's a good sign at least. It seems like Crean does pretty well laying out how they plan on using a player and I imagine Leaf would play a position somewhat similar to a stretch 4. Anyone know if we're expected to get an official visit from him? He visited unofficially early in his high school career so he's prob familiar with the campus but hopefully we can lock down an official.

EVERY thread? Hyperbole much?

If Crean could land Leaf, he'd deserve MAJOR props.

If anything, it is worse on the premium board. It would be easy to fix, but for some reason the management of the site turns a blind eye. In fact, they are more apt to ban positive posters than negative ones.

Either this is what they WANT Peegs to be, or they simply don't care as long as the $$$ keeps rolling in.

Stop the victim act.

First of all, you're the one fanning the flames by saying we should cheat and calling people "hayseeds" for disagreeing.

Second, not much makes me laugh more than some crybaby whining about my posts but refuses to use the ignore button.

If anything, it is worse on the premium board. It would be easy to fix, but for some reason the management of the site turns a blind eye. In fact, they are more apt to ban positive posters than negative ones.

Either this is what they WANT Peegs to be, or they simply don't care as long as the $$$ keeps rolling in.

Very true!!
If you have any thing good to say about Coach Crean (or the program in general,actually) you had better chose your words very carefully or you will get banned. The anti-Crean crowd can post any thing they please without any repercussions, but people who support the coach must be very careful what they post.

disclaimer..... Moderators, please understand that I what I stated above is, in my opinion, a good thing & that I am not complaining about it.

Last edited:
Reactions: SequoiaHoosier
Very true!!
If you have any thing good to say about Coach Crean (or the program in general,actually) you had better chose your words very carefully or you will get banned. The anti-Crean crowd can post any thing they please without any repercussions, but people who support the coach must be very careful what they post.

disclaimer..... Moderators, please understand that I what I stated above is,i my opinion, a good thing & that I am not complaining about it.
Keep in mind that several key "insiders" on the site perpetuated the rumor that Crean's wife couldn't stand the heat in Bloomington and wanted out, and that Crean would be leaving due to that. It was completely false and the powers that be in the athletic department were not pleased. Some hard feelings still exist there.

Last edited:
Reactions: SequoiaHoosier
That's the biggest problem for the new breed of IU fans who accept mediocrity. I do know. And so do plenty of others. The good news for you is that fewer and fewer of us care much anymore. Just one more excuse for you to cut down the nets, regardless of the final score.
Lol.. Such a myth... Made up by some of you "denigators"... not one post has been made where a fan accepts mediocrity...

Lol.. Such a myth... Made up by some of you "denigators"... not one post has been made where a fan accepts mediocrity...
You've long accepted mediocrity. Saying you don't after the fact means nothing, especially with your nonexistent credibility.

buddy of mine is good friends with Buckley - from his days at ball state. basically says mum about Crean because he likes collecting his 500k/. off the record, thinks he's a nut job

Buckley is making $500K???

Geez...that guy is really overpaid.
What the hell do any of our assistants contribute? Collectively, their coaching stinks. Anybody teach defense there?

You've long accepted mediocrity. Saying you don't after the fact means nothing, especially with your nonexistent credibility.
It's a myth and you know it... Made up for your convenience in an attempt to slam those that have differing opinions... It is hilarious... Saying what you are saying is nothing but a myth... No fan has ever posted they embrace mediocrity... Seriously you for credibility? Here? Lol

Last edited:
So says you... LOL

Guess who this is?

Career Record (major schools): 15 Years, 295-194, .603 W-L%
Schools: XXXXX (115-79), XXXXXXX (122-73) and XXXXXXXXX (58-42)
Official NCAA Record: 295-194, .603 W-L%

Conference Champion: 4 Times (Reg. Seas.), 2 Times (Tourn.)

NCAA Tournament: 7 Years (7-7), 1 Final Four, 0 Championships

It's a myth and you know it... Made up for your convenience in an attempt to slam those that have differing opinions... It is hilarious... Saying what you are saying is nothing but a myth... No fan has ever posted they embrace mediocrity... Seriously you for credibility? Here? Lol
The facts say otherwise. His record speaks for itself. His handling of players (you supported HMP's two game suspension and then claimed a super secret internal punishment was ongoing) speaks for itself. And his inability to communicate with his players speaks for itself. And you enthusiastically support it all. It's mediocre, and that's enough for you. It's no myth.

Ha... Making things up again to spin things to perpetuate the myth... Not one fan has embraced the notion of mediocrity... Keep trying...

Last edited:
Ha... Making things up again to spin things to perpetuate the myth... Not one fan has embraced the notion of mediocrity... Keep trying...
I don't need to keep trying. You demonstrate it in every post. And now you back pedal and claim you didn't say that Crean was continuing to punish HMP after the paltry two game suspension for his dui (a punishment you endorsed). Laughable.

I don't need to keep trying. You demonstrate it in every post. And now you back pedal and claim you didn't say that Crean was continuing to punish HMP after the paltry two game suspension for his dui (a punishment you endorsed). Laughable.
Please provide a link to anyone embracing mediocrity....

Back pedal on what? I am still saying it is a myth you are perpetuating about some IU Fans embracing mediocrity... you try to spin something that is completely different from the subject at hand as a deflection from what we were discussing. Now to your deflection... I did not endorse a thing.. what I did was post a link to an article that stated there were additional punishments being administered over time. What you are demonstrating is how you will spin things to be more than they were in order to deflect from the fact you can not produce a post where any fan embraces mediocrity... it is a myth created by those Crean "denigrators" in attempt to slam those that have differing opinions. I understand that these thread hijackings are just a means of getting in some licks in before the season starts. Have at it... if it makes you feel better...

Last edited:
Please provide a link to anyone embracing medic

Back pedal on what? I am still saying it is a myth you are perpetuating about some IU Fans embracing mediocrity... you try to spin something that is completely different from the subject at hand as a deflection from what we were discussing. Now to your deflection... I did not endorse a thing.. what I did was post a link to an article that stated there were additional punishments being administered over time. What you are demonstrating is how you will spin things to be more than they were to deflect from the fact you can not produce a post where any fan embraces mediocrity... it is a myth created by those Crean "denigrators" in attempt to slam those that have differing opinions. I understand that these thread hijackings are just a means of getting in some licks in before the season starts. Have at it... if it makes you feel better...
We've already established you support mediocrity, which is symbolized by Crean's record. Being a little above average is perfectly fine with you, and you've supported this for some time. Why try to reverse course now?

Baloney. Many "fans" have said if we make the Sweet 16 this year, that is good enough for them.
If Crean can't make the Elite 8 with this squad, he never will.

Top 16 is mediocrity? Come on now... Not one fan has said this... this is all made up.... LOL you keep trying to sell it!

We've already established you support mediocrity, which is symbolized by Crean's record. Being a little above average is perfectly fine with you, and you've supported this for some time. Why try to reverse course now?
Yes you have said as much ... but that does not make it true even though you think it does! You are making things up once again! Never stated anything close to that and never will... You need to reverse your course in your thinking! You are creating things to perpetuate your myth! It is quite entertaining!

Last edited:
Yes you have said as much ... but that does not make it true even though you think it does! You are making things up once again! Never state anything close to that and never will... You need to reverse your course in your thinking! You are creating things to perpetuate your myth! It is quite entertaining!
You've said repeatedly that you're happy with the direction and results of the program under coach Crean, and coach Crean's results are verifiable. Some of us want Indiana to be elite again and to contend for conference and national championships. Some people are content to very occasionally contend. And we won't talk about the occasional so and the off court issues. Again, that's fine for you. But some of us want and expect more.

So, if Duke or UK only ever got the Sweet 16 from now on, and rarely at that, they would be ok with it?
Too funny... best you can do? Every IU fan wants to win the championship... Every IU fan wants a deep run! No one has posted otherwise.... In reality IU has not had the talent and experience for deep runs consistently whereas the teams you mentioned have... You know that... But this year it does have the talent and experience to make a run... so set back and enjoy it! There are many disappointments by teams every year in the tournament...that should have or could have...but didn't. It is the nature of the tournament.

You've said repeatedly that you're happy with the direction and results of the program under coach Crean, and coach Crean's results are verifiable. Some of us want Indiana to be elite again and to contend for conference and national championships. Some people are content to very occasionally contend. And we won't talk about the occasional so and the off court issues. Again, that's fine for you. But some of us want and expect more.
Really... care to share those repeated posts? Most of my posts are laughing at the "denigrators" and hijackers. What is repetitive... is the hijacking of threads, belittling of posters who disagree with a small group of posters... We all want more... elite does not happen over night... Just being a realist here... that elite level has been long gone... It is unrealistic to think it will be bestowed upon us by saying you want it... It takes work in all areas of the program... There needs to be consistency in all areas of a program. IU is progressing... maybe not as fast as some would like but nonetheless it will reach that desired level in time. Take your glasses of disdain off and enjoy the season!

Really... care to share those repeated posts? Most of my posts are laughing at the "denigrators" and hijackers. What is repetitive... is the hijacking of threads, belittling of posters who disagree with a small group of posters... We all want more... elite does not happen over night... Just being a realist here... that elite level has been long gone... It is unrealistic to think it will be bestowed upon us by saying you want it... It takes work in all areas of the program... There needs to be consistency in all areas of a program. IU is progressing... maybe not as fast as some would like but nonetheless it will reach that desired level in time. Take your glasses of disdain off and enjoy the season!

Overnight? You do know this will be his 8th year, right Cletus?

And, his teams get worse as the season goes on.

So we are accepting mediocrity because we still watch the games and back the program. The last time I checked fans can't fire and hire coaches so you have two choices back the team or stop all support of the University. I say by you guys keep coming to these IU message boards you are still supporting the team so you are accepting mediocrity as well.

Very true!!

disclaimer..... Moderators, please understand that I what I stated above is, in my opinion, a good thing & that I am not complaining about it.
You're so oppressed.

So we are accepting mediocrity because we still watch the games and back the program. The last time I checked fans can't fire and hire coaches so you have two choices back the team or stop all support of the University. I say by you guys keep coming to these IU message boards you are still supporting the team so you are accepting mediocrity as well.

Actually, no.

You can write to the President and to Glass to put pressure on them instead of doing nothing but excuses like many of you do.

And when a person openly says they'd be fine with the Sweet 16, they are accepting mediocrity.

That is objectively true. Not sure how anyone can argue with you.

Do people honestly think that IU is on the same level as UK, Duke, UNC, Kansas? When I hear IU fans talking about how we belong in that company and should have the same expectations, it makes me think of Arkansas fans who used to say the same thing 15 years ago.

We used to be one of the elites. Then we fired our boorish but brilliant head coach, retained his incompetent replacement, and fired a coach who could have gotten us back there for making too many phone calls. Then we hired Crean instead of Calipari, Pitino, or Stevens.

Look at every single decision the AD has made over the last 20 years. You can't do that and think that we are (or even want to be) a truly elite basketball program.

To me if you have a very good season and go to the sweet 16 that far from being mediocre.

Last edited:
Actually, no.

You can write to the President and to Glass to put pressure on them instead of doing nothing but excuses like many of you do.

And when a person openly says they'd be fine with the Sweet 16, they are accepting mediocrity.
Making the sweet 16 is not mediocre by the way because that means you are one of the final 16 teams left playing college basketball with over 370 division one teams. I guess that is one of the problems because people have very different definitions of what mediocre is.

That is objectively true. Not sure how anyone can argue with you.

Do people honestly think that IU is on the same level as UK, Duke, UNC, Kansas? When I hear IU fans talking about how we belong in that company and should have the same expectations, it makes me think of Arkansas fans who used to say the same thing 15 years ago.

We used to be one of the elites. Then we fired our boorish but brilliant head coach, retained his incompetent replacement, and fired a coach who could have gotten us back there for making too many phone calls. Then we hired Crean instead of Calipari, Pitino, or Stevens.

Look at every single decision the AD has made over the last 20 years. You can't do that and think that we are (or even want to be) a truly elite basketball program.
I still can't believe there is an IU fan out there that thought keeping Sampson would be a good idea because that would have been a travesty. Most IU fans never wanted the scumbag as coach in the first place an then he defies the rules again and being arrogant doing so.

I still can't believe there is an IU fan out there that thought keeping Sampson would be a good idea because that would have been a travesty. Most IU fans never wanted the scumbag as coach in the first place an then he defies the rules again and being arrogant doing so.

Not sure what the answer is for coaching IU - I just know Crean isn't it

ADVERTISEMENT