ADVERTISEMENT

T.J. Leaf back on the board?

LOL! Do you think it was an accident? A mistake? Please. Crean is a lot of things, but "stupid" is not one of them. He knew exactly what he was doing.

Yet you are willing to excuse this known and self-admitted cheater? Interesting. Maybe even a little, dare I say it, hypocritical.

Seems that you're the one who is more like a UK fan, Scotty. Maybe you should switch sides and let true IU fans build a winning basketball program instead of a vacation bible school?

With reaching like that, you can touch the moon.

So just to be clear, you're ok in principle with cheating and rules violations? As long as they don't involve "hundreds of calls?"

Interesting.

Apples to lawn mowers.

Sampson made HUNDREDS of calls after he was told not to do it anymore.

I'm quite aware of the distinctions between "major" and "minor" violations. It is mainly a matter of what the NCAA finds politically expedient at the time. That is why one year after IU blew up its program over Sampson's "major" phone call violations, the NCAA determined that limiting phone calls wasn't even worth enforcing.

Interestingly, IU is the program with more recent major violations. Kentucky hasn't had any in well over a generation.

And Calipari? Well, Calipari hasn't had any violations--major or minor--at UK, something his "good friend" Tom Crean can't say about his time at IU.

So tell me again, why are you willing to excuse Crean's cheating ways while casting blame at other programs that have a cleaner recent record than we do?

If you think Calipari is clean, I have some land on the moon to sell to you.

Also, he said when he had 5 players taken in the first round, it was the "best day in Kentucky history."

Really?

Better than all the championships?

No thanks.

See, here's the difference between me and you (and IUScott):

You deal in conjecture. I deal in facts.

The facts are: IU under Crean has more violations than UK under Calipari. Calipari has a cleaner record over the last 8 years than Crean.

Another fun fact: IU has more recent "major violations" than UK. And yet some of our fans still insist on casting aspersions and acting morally superior.

The other stuff you mentioned is unrelated and slightly idiotic, so I'll just ignore it so as not to further embarrass you.

If you think Calipari is clean, I have some land on the moon to sell to you.

Also, he said when he had 5 players taken in the first round, it was the "best day in Kentucky history."

Really?

Better than all the championships?

No thanks.

I'm quite aware of the distinctions between "major" and "minor" violations. It is mainly a matter of what the NCAA finds politically expedient at the time. That is why one year after IU blew up its program over Sampson's "major" phone call violations, the NCAA determined that limiting phone calls wasn't even worth enforcing.

Interestingly, IU is the program with more recent major violations. Kentucky hasn't had any in well over a generation.

And Calipari? Well, Calipari hasn't had any violations--major or minor--at UK, something his "good friend" Tom Crean can't say about his time at IU.

So tell me again, why are you willing to excuse Crean's cheating ways while casting blame at other programs that have a cleaner recent record than we do?
I guarantee you that Cal has had minor violations because every school gets those. Did they not get into trouble and had to tell the rapper Drake to stop talking to recruits.

See, here's the difference between me and you (and IUScott):

You deal in conjecture. I deal in facts.

The facts are: IU under Crean has more violations than UK under Calipari. Calipari has a cleaner record over the last 8 years than Crean.

Another fun fact: IU has more recent "major violations" than UK. And yet some of our fans still insist on casting aspersions and acting morally superior.

The other stuff you mentioned is unrelated and slightly idiotic, so I'll just ignore it so as not to further embarrass you.

You don't deal in "facts" when you try to compare what Crean did to all the crap that happened on Cal's watch at Kaintuck and act like Cal is more pure than Jesus and Crean is equal to some mobster.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT