ADVERTISEMENT

T.J. Leaf back on the board?

You better believe iu is back in on him. Mr maker and Mr leaf would be a great start to a incredible class.

Leaf is perfect for Crean's scheme.....We will give it a shot but we didn't make it in the final three the first time so hopefully that changes. Still think its odd he decommitted, most times a high profile kid does this it turns into a strange recruitment.

What are his reasons for de-committing?
I am always curious about that. I am hearing we are in consideration. His dad is from Indy and his mom is from Evansville. His dad played for UE. I doubt it is a strong enough bond to influence his decision, but it doesn't hurt. We need him to visit after school starts.

Dude, Maker will not be coming to IU because I will bet you he will end up at UK
I'll take that bet
Dude, Maker will not be coming to IU because I will bet you he will end up at UK
I think we have a far better shot at Maker than Leaf. If Maker attends college (a big IF), it will either be Arizona St. or IU. He, and his handler/coach, want him somewhere where he can be the primary focus and showcased...that's not UK.

I am always curious about that. I am hearing we are in consideration. His dad is from Indy and his mom is from Evansville. His dad played for UE. I doubt it is a strong enough bond to influence his decision, but it doesn't hurt. We need him to visit after school starts.
Brad really likes Steve but doesn't care much for Tom.

Reactions: bsmitty08
We didn't make his final 3 before he picked Zona, so I don't see CTC changing his mind the second time around. My money is on UCLA. He has 3 team mates headed to the Bruins, and it's closer to home.

Reactions: TheLaffy
Cal-Berkeley is a sleeping giant. No reason top California kids need to keep picking Arizona when Cal is right there. Awesome school.

Cal-Berkeley is a sleeping giant. No reason top California kids need to keep picking Arizona when Cal is right there. Awesome school.

You still play on West Coast and no one sees you play on TV. Other than staying home why play out West?

Education... c'mon? Girls... good looking girls at most schools (not Duke)... weather... nice weather... bad team. No thanks.

Why so down on education? How is a team bad if they get two top 10 type players and build on it. Not all schools have same girls.

Why does Brad Leaf not like Crean? Are we sure about that, or is it just projection and "wishful thinking" from message board trolls?

Education... c'mon? Girls... good looking girls at most schools (not Duke)... weather... nice weather... bad team. No thanks.

Let's be real. In recruiting education matters. Especially to mom. And girls in sundresses all year or in winter coats a lot?

Let's be real. In recruiting education matters. Especially to mom. And girls in sundresses all year or in winter coats a lot?

Matters to mom yea... to the kid not as much. If those things were true then the schools in the West would be annual powerhouses.

Matters to mom yea... to the kid not as much. If those things were true then the schools in the West would be annual powerhouses.

I didn't say it was the only factor but it is a factor. School can have a lot going for them but if low academically it hurts.

I didn't say it was the only factor but it is a factor. School can have a lot going for them but if low academically it hurts.

And some of these academic schools don't put the focus on sports so kids want to go where sports are the focus.

And some of these academic schools don't put the focus on sports so kids want to go where sports are the focus.

Don't disagree but you're missing my point of "sleeping giant." It's not about what you did prior. It's what you gonna be doing.

Don't disagree but you're missing my point of "sleeping giant." It's not about what you did prior. It's what you gonna be doing.

I get that but the way these kids want to get to NBA as fast as possible they want to go to a proven winner not an up and comer...

Not first hand, but I heard Brad doesn't think TC can develop him as well as some other coaches. Heard he is very much Alford's to lose.

Interesting, thanks.

It's odd because Crean has such an outstanding track record when it comes to player development and getting guys to the NBA. Alford....doesn't.

Oh, well.

Interesting, thanks.

It's odd because Crean has such an outstanding track record when it comes to player development and getting guys to the NBA. Alford....doesn't.

Oh, well.
I think they're worried he'll get buried in the post. He sees TJ as a stretch 4. Not Crean's forte. But who knows how it will turn out.

Interesting, thanks.

Oh, well.

Crean's "player development" is way over-rated.

Before his soph season, Zeller was talked about going # 1. As the season went, his stock dropped and dropped and dropped. IIRC, he was down to around #9.

And then he had the NBA work-outs and the scouts were saying, "I didn't know you could shoot from outside like that" (because Crean RARELY used that weapon of his) and he went back up the draft board.

So, Crean didn't use Zeller's shooting and, what did Crean have to do with Zeller taking a bazillion 3's in practice to get good? It was also a very weak draft so Zeller went high. Almost any other draft, he'd be lucky to go in the lottery.

Olidipo? Crean did not instill that work ethic into him. He already had it.

Vonleh actually went lower than almost where everyone picked him.

Look at Troy now. He's going to training camps all over the country to improve. And yet, Crean's groupies will give ALL the credit to Crean for his "development."

Here's proof Crean is vastly over-rated: Any time you hear about the NBA looking to hire a college coach, you NEVER hear Crean's name. They beg Coach K, Calipari, Izzo and others to coach in the NBA but Crean's name doesn't come up.

It's because the guy is clueless.

kenpom did a rating on coaches based on all kinds of stats and Crean was near the bottom.

What is your basis for this? I know Brad and that is not true. Leaf has also made a couple unofficials to IU before but wasn't happy with our personnel then.
Someone close to both IU and SA. I did hear that the unhappiness was as much a personality issue as it was who fit where on the floor. Said it wasn't a "good fit".

Interesting, thanks.

Oh, well.
With wings..... the book on him is he doesn't develop bigs well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT