ADVERTISEMENT

Swept by Miami

Time for men's & women's teams, and the Big, to start recruiting differently. We need role players with a few thugs like the Pistons Bad Boys.

Reactions: IUgradman
Yeah.
But Garzon tied it.
Just couldn't get the stop to get it to o.t.
Of all the things I hate in college basketball, that stupid NBA rule giving a team the ball at the hash mark following a timeout has to be the worst. I wish someone would offer a justification for it other than "it adds drama at the end". IU makes a huge three to tie, and Miami doesn't have to earn it's way to a score by getting the ball up the floor for a shot as it would have to do at any other point in the game. If the goal is to make the game better, copying one of the worst rules in the NBA is not the way to do it.

Of all the things I hate in college basketball, that stupid NBA rule giving a team the ball at the hash mark following a timeout has to be the worst. I wish someone would offer a justification for it other than "it adds drama at the end". IU makes a huge three to tie, and Miami doesn't have to earn it's way to a score by getting the ball up the floor for a shot as it would have to do at any other point in the game. If the goal is to make the game better, copying one of the worst rules in the NBA is not the way to do it.
Agreed. No chance to press and make the other team earn the court. Ridiculous rule.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
Moren made a tactical blunder at the end of the game. Harden of Miami scored the last 4 points by posting up Berger. Harden is the bigger and stronger player. IU women just could not let the game come down to a 1 vs 1 post up.
I believe it is on Twitter now but she traveled on the winning shot. Sorry I don’t do Twitter.

Reactions: PhyloeBedoe
I believe it is on Twitter now but she traveled on the winning shot. Sorry I don’t do Twitter.
I wondered about that live. Will run it back now

Well she clearly stumbles (2 steps) after she caught the ball then sets her feet, takes a step and shoots

They would argue that she did not yet have possession when she stumbled but man

Last edited:
Yeah, they should have fronted Harden or even switched up. But I think the game became a struggle when the refs bailed out Miami on nearly every possession in the fourth quarter. I'm pretty sure Big refs would not have called that many fouls in a row, and that's part of the problem come tourney time.

A #1 seed losing to a higher seed is a B - - - h!
Schocker that you show up here now. You're eighty fvcking years old and you are still consumed with just not being less successful than IU. You are the definition of a loser. And you wonder why we point and laugh at the pathetic "little brother" fanbase. But good for you. Maybe they will put that quote on your tombstone in a couple of years and you can die happy knowing that your beloved boilers are making national news by setting records for NCAA futility - but IU's women lost to a lower seed as well.

How do you start 26-1 and finish 2-3?

IU is too soft and its teams have no edge. Athleticism, toughness, swagger, and physicality win. Miami has them. IU doesn’t.
And you might be the dumbest fvcker on the planet. What you know about basketball I flush down the toilet a couple of times a day - on a good day. Just shup up crawl back under your rock. I hope like hell your username is a lie. I hate the thought that someone as goddamn stupid and hyperemotional as you might have a degree from the same school as I.

And you might be the dumbest fvcker on the planet. What you know about basketball I flush down the toilet a couple of times a day - on a good day. Just shup up crawl back under your rock. I hope like hell your username is a lie. I hate the thought that someone as goddamn stupid and hyperemotional as you might have a degree from the same school as I.
I saw the game in person. Miami punked us.

Works both ways..
I saw Indiana use it to our advantage this yr.
You gotta get one stop..Dig in !

Seeing it in person doesn't make you any less idiotic and hyperemotional. If you saw it in person, and you still lack the insight not to post moronic shit like this, that's even worse. You are a child, and a stupid one at that.
You’re the one flailing around throwing out bad insults like an incel keyboard warrior. IU sucked down the stretch. They were mentally soft.

Yeah, they should have fronted Harden or even switched up. But I think the game became a struggle when the refs bailed out Miami on nearly every possession in the fourth quarter. I'm pretty sure Big refs would not have called that many fouls in a row, and that's part of the problem come tourney time.
At least one of those refs was a B1G ref...

IU is too soft and its teams have no edge. Athleticism, toughness, swagger, and physicality win. Miami has them. IU doesn’t.
Caitlin Clark destroyed them. Not having Holmes chuck that 2nd FT up one off the front of the rim was one of the biggest coaching blunders I've ever seen. Cost them that game and likely the season.

• Angry
Reactions: Willdog7
Also played a huge role in the shot by Clark at Iowa too. I totally agree, why does a timeout in that particular situation buy you 50' of court real estate?

Last edited:
Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
Caitlin Clark destroyed them. Not having Holmes chuck that 2nd FT up one off the front of the rim was one of the biggest coaching blunders I've ever seen. Cost them that game and likely the season.
The girls had a great season. I usually do not watch the girls but I truly enjoyed them this season. They lost just like the men to a faster, quicker team. Just like the men they need to get quicker and handle pressure better.

Moren does make some choices I question and would love to hear her explain. Often not having players on the line when shooting FTs and she didn't send many to the offensive glass which probably helped account for the big rebounding differential. Give Miami credit, they came in and played physical and had a terrific night shooting the 3. We struggled to stop them. But, we return almost everyone but Berger. Find an athletic perimeter player in the portal, and she's had great success there.

A soft team wouldn’t have given themselves the opportunity to lose on a last second shot.

• Angry
Reactions: Willdog7
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT