ADVERTISEMENT

Swept by

ucla, uk, kan. unc.
So you are saying the university should have violated all its ethics, tried a massive coverup and turned themselves into one of the greatest cheating programs just to keep Sampson? You do know he did not recruit a single top 50 recruit without all those extra calls and text messages. The president of the coaches association called out extra phone calls as the single greatest form of cheating behind openly paying players, and called for the NCAA to crack down on it. That individual was Kelvin Sampson two years before he got caught. I am guessing he really knew what he was talking about.... LOL..... Sampson thought he was smarter than everyone else and the rules did not apply to him, he was proven wrong and IU looked STUPID for hiring him and then not keeping track of his actions. Whoever IU's compliance officer was at the time was asleep on the job or he could have been stopped
Sampson's blatant cheating a lot sooner and maybe avoided the show cause penalty.

Sampson hasn't coached at Indiana in 16 years. We are so over that. Sure the self reporting, violations, blah, blah blah. Crean hasn't coached at IU for 7 years. Archie? 3. Point is...Indiana should have resurrected itself at least 10 years ago; and should now be in the mix with the blue bloods year in and year out....but for having a real coach. You know...something the blue bloods all have. What a coincidence. Instead....IU has been settling for marginal, unproven experiments. Sampson was National Coach of the Year twice before IU hired him. For all of his shortcomings and liabilities...he was one thing IU hasn't had since RMK: "Accomplished". That is what has been and is missing.

Sampson hasn't coached at Indiana in 16 years. We are so over that. Sure the self reporting, violations, blah, blah blah. Crean hasn't coached at IU for 7 years. Archie? 3. Point is...Indiana should have resurrected itself at least 10 years ago; and should now be in the mix with the blue bloods year in and year out....but for having a real coach. You know...something the blue bloods all have. What a coincidence. Instead....IU has been settling for marginal, unproven experiments. Sampson was National Coach of the Year twice before IU hired him. For all of his shortcomings and liabilities...he was one thing IU hasn't had since RMK: "Accomplished". That is what has been and is missing.
And all of Sampson's big results came once he started cheating his ass off. When he was caught they found nearly a decade's worth of him cheating and covering it up. The cesspool that is Oklahoma University on ethics even had the morals to fire him, but IU jumped in and scooped him up, putting a lie to everything Knight tried to say IU stood for, winning the right way. Now you have MANY IU fans saying the university should have actively covered up for the cheater and sunk to the lowest levels of the NCAA scumbags just so IU could have kept winning. That is how SMU got the death penalty.

And all of Sampson's big results came once he started cheating his ass off. When he was caught they found nearly a decade's worth of him cheating and covering it up. The cesspool that is Oklahoma University on ethics even had the morals to fire him, but IU jumped in and scooped him up, putting a lie to everything Knight tried to say IU stood for, winning the right way. Now you have MANY IU fans saying the university should have actively covered up for the cheater and sunk to the lowest levels of the NCAA scumbags just so IU could have kept winning. That is how SMU got the death penalty.
lol. Ok trollboi

How did you get this embittered and IU obsessed?

IU hired a known cheater that got fired form his last job over it and was on the NCAA's radar. IU self reported because the NCAA had already been tipped off. You cannot possibly be dumb enough to think IU could have hidden Sampson's blatant cheating once the NCAA came investigating can you????????????????
Maybe a few more question marks would get your point across…whatever it is. The NCAA is a paper tiger. I wouldn’t be worried about shit when it came to the NCAA.

Reactions: CriticArisen
Maybe a few more question marks would get your point across…whatever it is. The NCAA is a paper tiger. I wouldn’t be worried about shit when it came to the NCAA.
They are now, but not when IU got busted with Sampson cheating up a storm.

I believe Mike Davis missed only one game and the reasons for that are understandable. His five year record was pretty much the same as Knights last five years. Look it up.
103-55 Knight
94-66. Davis off top of my head? Thats going off each last five seasons. Davis was there 6 overall.

Reactions: CriticArisen
As I read through this guy's posts, I become more and more convinced that he's the latest incarnation of Ducati. Seems right doesn't it?
"Ducati"? Not sure. Don't know if he comes back here after so loudly switching his non-grad allegiance from Knight to PU after BK was fired. He became "twin degrees" (while having none) and a folk hero on the pu forums. Don't know if he is still there or not. MichaelRR here just smells like the run of the mill mindless, embittered, IU obsessed pu grad.

"Ducati"? Not sure. Don't know if he comes back here after so loudly switching his non-grad allegiance from Knight to PU after BK was fired. He became "twin degrees" (while having none) and a folk hero on the pu forums. Don't know if he is still there or not. MichaelRR here just smells like the run of the mill mindless, embittered, IU obsessed pu grad.
Back when I used to actually frequent their board, he used to claim he had an account and here often. I'm aware of his "Twin Degrees" moniker. Like I said this guy's "style" is very reminiscent of Ducati.

ROFL rent free, some of you guys are so very easy to provoke. Its one of the joys of the schadenfreude from watching you eat your own and disavow everything Knight supposedly stood for just to cheat yourselves back to relevance.....

Back when I used to actually frequent their board, he used to claim he had an account and here often. I'm aware of his "Twin Degrees" moniker. Like I said this guy's "style" is very reminiscent of Ducati.
Well as we can see so many of them do post here. I wouldn't know TD's writing style so sure. Regardless he came in hot I assume expecting a short-lived stay.

Reactions: Vern Pain
I looked it up. I’m not arguing any of that. Frankly, I think it started the year IU lost to Cleveland State. RMK’s last six years including five +10 loss seasons while all Davis’s seasons were +10 loss seasons. I guess one could say that Knight was no better than Mike Davis.
OMG, are you serious?!?! IU won it all the year after Cleveland State loss in ‘86. Won 4 BT titles between ‘87-‘93 and went to another Final 4 in ‘92, in the 7 seasons after Cleveland State. If you want to say RMK’s last six seasons weren’t great, fine, they weren’t. Those would be ‘95-‘2000, but for God sakes get some years/facts straight!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Tammany Hall
One great feeling I get is when I think about IU's 87 Championship. If you look at how Syracuse was run as a cheating program IU beat them without cheating.

He's a great guy, but not a great coach. Coach Davis is having a rough year in Detroit and it's not because it's Detroit.
I’m referring to the whole skipping games thing, which didn’t happen.

In terms of coaching we should not have hired him.

Firing Sampson didn't prevent IU from hiring a seasoned, accomplished head coach. They settled for much less....repeatedly.
Hiring a rising young coach can also work. That's how we got RMK. But there's more of a risk that they won't be able to sustain their success at a higher level. People think (in retrospect) that should have been obvious with Miller but they are mostly reacting to his personality. If he had been successful, he would be talked about using terms like "no nonsense, all business" and not "dour and introverted."

IU was trying to do the right thing with the Miller hire, and most people thought it was a good move at the time, not "settling." We got to see the downside risk of hiring a young coach from a smaller conference.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT