ADVERTISEMENT

Surprise! Top Republicans favor full release of Mueller Report.

I was surprised and here is why:

I would expect the Dems to want all of it as there is likely embarrassing information about Repubs that could be used elsewhere at a later time. The Repubs would say the same if the roles were reversed.

Reactions: Courtsensethree
Just to be clear. They did not say they wanted in released in full.

Senate majority leader Mitch McConnell wrote in a statement posted on Twitter that he appreciated Barr's intention to "provide as much information as possible" about the report.

Sen, Lindsey Graham wrote on Twitter that he was looking forward to the next steps concerning the report, as he works across the aisle to maintain transparency around any developments.
"I will work with Ranking Member [Dianne] Feinstein and our House Judiciary Committee colleagues to ensure as much transparency as possible, consistent with the law," the Senate Judiciary Committee chairman tweeted.

Trump is innocent. No evidence of collusion or obstruction. It was travesty of justice what has been done to this man and his family.
CarelessYawningArgentinehornedfrog-max-1mb.gif

Reactions: Neves and Bill4411
How do you know that? You and I heard what he said, citing a few pages from thousands of pages of documents. We all know that he would do whatever he can to protect Trump.

I came up with "and what is the truth?"
You came up with absolute truth.
:rolleyes:
Don't tell me you got that from God.:(
Trump was innocent before the investigation because in our system you are innocent until proven guilty. Now that Mueller's investigation has been completed on the most part and has said there is NO evidence Trump colluded or obstructed then he is proven innocent.

Trump was innocent before the investigation because in our system you are innocent until proven guilty. Now that Mueller's investigation has been completed on the most part and has said there is NO evidence Trump colluded or obstructed then he is proven innocent.
Forgive me, I must have missed your posts proclaiming Hillary innocent after Comey announced closing the investigation with no charges. According to your interpretation of American law, that means she was proven innocent. Perhaps you could help me out by pointing me to where you affirmed this about her.

Don't be silly. You have not read what Mueller's investigation said, because it hasn't been made public and may never be. You may have read the "sumnary" that Trump's buddy Barr wrote, but you absolutely have not read Mueller's actual report.

Just like OJ.

Christian? Trump is a Christian? Does he know what Jesus tried to teach?
But then, I have the impression that our own pastor Van doesn't either. So, it makes sense that Van likes the professional liar.

What did Jesus try to teach?

I don't know why anyone is surprised. I mean despite our differences, left or right, gay or straight, black or white, rich or poor, young or old, fat or skinny, pretty or ugly we can all appreciate a full release now and again...;)

The senators Mitch McConnel and Lindsay Graham favor release of the Mueller Report in full.

Link: Business Insider

Those guys would like nothing more than the Trump clown show to end. They’re beholden to it- they know if they step out of line, they’ll be primaried. Especially McConnell. He values staying in office above everything else. As many other politicians do.

But they’ll never admit it.

Those guys would like nothing more than the Trump clown show to end. They’re beholden to it- they know if they step out of line, they’ll be primaried. Especially McConnell. He values staying in office above everything else. As most politicians do.

But they’ll never admit it.
Fixed for you! ;)

There is a lot of bad losers on this post.

Mueller by the numbers: Bill Barr reveals in his four-page letter that the Russia probe's 19 lawyers issued 2,800 subpoenas and agents executed 500 warrants to get eight convictions so far.

The evidence didn’t point to charges. It is just that simple. Move on.

If you believe what you read in the media, the Democrats are all up in arms demanding that the full Mueller report be released.
???
Of course, the Democrats demand the full report. Why does that surprise you?:rolleyes:
Wouldn't you? After all, they spent nearly 2 years, I think, and millions of dollars to do the investigation. I certainly would like to see what they have discovered. Wouldn't you? Or, would you rather be satisfied with a 4-page summary? Even then, by the recently appointed Trump man?

???
Of course, the Democrats demand the full report. Why does that surprise you?:rolleyes:
Wouldn't you? After all, they spent nearly 2 years, I think, and millions of dollars to do the investigation. I certainly would like to see what they have discovered. Wouldn't you? Or, would you rather be satisfied with a 4-page summary? Even then, by the recently appointed Trump man?
The narrative they are trying to create is one of a Democrat party that is all in favor of transparency versus a Republican administration that is hiding the true results of Mueller's investigation behind a short summary churned out by Trump's "handpicked" attorney General. This is just an exercise in narrative building.

Reactions: Tacoll
The narrative they are trying to create is one of a Democrat party that is all in favor of transparency versus a Republican administration that is hiding the true results of Mueller's investigation behind a short summary churned out by Trump's "handpicked" attorney General. This is just an exercise in narrative building.

Looks like Barr is walking back his letter.

There is a lot of bad losers on this post.

Mueller by the numbers: Bill Barr reveals in his four-page letter that the Russia probe's 19 lawyers issued 2,800 subpoenas and agents executed 500 warrants to get eight convictions so far.

The evidence didn’t point to charges. It is just that simple. Move on.
Once again, there are plenty of other investigations, including one where we know Individual 1, committed a crime. So no, this isn’t close to being over. Just like Trump has had lawsuits and court cases against him his entire career, investigations will continue.

You know the easy way to not allow dems to create that narrative? Don't hide behind a short summary and commit to transparency from the pubs too.

Reactions: Neves and meridian

What the Dems really want is for the report to be released to a handful of Congressional committees so they can tell the credulous believers in the Russia hoax what Barr is actually hiding. The report they want you to see is a heavily redacted volume that tells nothing.

What the Dems really want is for the report to be released to a handful of Congressional committees so they can tell the credulous believers in the Russia hoax what Barr is actually hiding. The report they want you to see is a heavily redacted volume that tells nothing.
I imagine they’d be be very happy to see the complete report, before the WH gets to redact anything and everything they want.

He made the same assertion after no findings of wrongdoing and no charges being filed against Hillary...ever...for anything...after multiple investigations and hearings. Oh, wait, never mind.
When DOJ "exonerated" Hillary, this had no effect on Republicans' determination to "lock her up." Instead, it caused them to decide that the DOJ was corrupt and needed to be investigated (even though Comey probably handed Trump the election). Hence the "deep state" bullshit.

No one -- including Republicans -- expects Republicans to behave rationally. This is why Democrats are told they must walk on eggshells to avoid triggering Republicans into more awful decisions like Trump -- whom they claim is our fault, not theirs. These, after all, are the people who've created a reassuring Conservamedia bubble out of their conviction that everyone else is out to get them.

If Republicans hear their preconceptions being challenged, they change what they hear, not what they believe. But now they insist that Democrats must close the book on all Trump scandals based on the brief, carefully lawyered not-summary of a voluminous report no one has seen. Because they like what they think they hear Trump's AG saying. Which makes it true.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zizkov and Cortez88
When DOJ "exonerated" Hillary, this had no effect on Republicans' determination to "lock her up." Instead, it caused them to decide that the DOJ was corrupt and needed to be investigated (even though Comey probably handed Trump the election). Hence the "deep state" bullshit.

No one -- including Republicans -- expects Republicans to behave rationally. This is why Democrats are told they must walk on eggshells to avoid triggering Republicans into more awful decisions like Trump -- whom they claim is our fault, not theirs. These, after all, are the people who've created a reassuring Conservamedia bubble out of their conviction that everyone else is out to get them.

If Republicans hear their preconceptions being challenged, they change what they hear, not what they believe. But now they insist that Democrats must close the book on all Trump scandals based on the brief, carefully lawyered not-summary of a voluminous report no one has seen. Because they like what they think they hear Trump's AG saying. Which makes it true.
Exhibit A to my argument:

GOP shifts focus to investigating Obama officials

If the investigation doesn't go your way, then it's time to start investigating the investigators.

Exhibit A to my argument:

GOP shifts focus to investigating Obama officials

If the investigation doesn't go your way, then it's time to start investigating the investigators.

Huh? I suggest you edit this post. It isn’t exhibit A. It doesn’t prove your premise. After two years the super investigator, straight arrow, honest as the day us long Mueller concluded no charges. Now it is the Dems who are shifting. The Reps want to investigate those that broke all kinds of rules perhaps even including Obama to determine IF there is any criminal activity on that side. Given the revelations of the last two years regarding Obama’s DOJ, FBI, etc there is certainly enough smoke to warrant it.

Huh? I suggest you edit this post. It isn’t exhibit A. It doesn’t prove your premise. After two years the super investigator, straight arrow, honest as the day us long Mueller concluded no charges. Now it is the Dems who are shifting. The Reps want to investigate those that broke all kinds of rules perhaps even including Obama to determine IF there is any criminal activity on that side. Given the revelations of the last two years regarding Obama’s DOJ, FBI, etc there is certainly enough smoke to warrant it.
Humorous, but fine. Let’s investigate everyone for everything. I’m pretty sure I’ve got money on the Obama administration coming out a whole lot cleaner than Trump and his jailbird cronies and family members.

Reactions: meridian and MrBing
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT