ADVERTISEMENT

Surprise! Top Republicans favor full release of Mueller Report.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...d-security-clearance-washington-post-ju1vq9p4
Speaking of investigations, looks like Jared ( who like so many in this administration has zero qualifications for his job ) was turned down for security clearance because of foreign influence, private business, and personal conduct. Wonder what that personal conduct was? We know about the other two. Is anyone in that family clean? One of 25 that Trump ordered cleared , but we are supposed to believe that the GOP that investigated those emails forever were honestly concerned about national security? Please.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...d-security-clearance-washington-post-ju1vq9p4
Speaking of investigations, looks like Jared ( who like so many in this administration has zero qualifications for his job ) was turned down for security clearance because of foreign influence, private business, and personal conduct. Wonder what that personal conduct was? We know about the other two. Is anyone in that family clean? One of 25 that Trump ordered cleared , but we are supposed to believe that the GOP that investigated those emails forever were honestly concerned about national security? Please.
Does drug use fall under personal conduct category?

The FBI investigated “those emails.” The Intelligence Community IG found that HRC had mishandled classified information, to include Top Secret/Special Access Program (TS/SAP) information that is not to be stored or read outside a controlled access facility, by transmitting, receiving and storing it on her unauthorized and unclassified email server and referred it to the FBI for a criminal investigation. The FBI found that HRC and her staffers were “extremely careless” in handling this information (the law says “grossly negligent” handling is a crime), and that someone doing this would be subject to possible loss of clearance and administrative sanctions, but Comey wouldn’t recommend prosecution. HRC and her staffers would also likely receive negative recommendations for security clearances as a result of their extremely careless handling of national security information.

I think it’s a scandal that 25 recommendations were reversed in the Trump administration. It needs investigation and it needs to be stopped. I care deeply about national security and protecting sensitive and classified information. I’ve done it for over 30 years and still do it. However, I’m supposed to believe that people that thought HRC and her staff mishandling TS/SAP information, the highest level of classified information, was not a big deal are now honestly concerned about national security? Please.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrBing
The FBI investigated “those emails.” The Intelligence Community IG found that HRC had mishandled classified information, to include Top Secret/Special Access Program (TS/SAP) information that is not to be stored or read outside a controlled access facility, by transmitting, receiving and storing it on her unauthorized and unclassified email server and referred it to the FBI for a criminal investigation. The FBI found that HRC and her staffers were “extremely careless” in handling this information (the law says “grossly negligent” handling is a crime), and that someone doing this would be subject to possible loss of clearance and administrative sanctions, but Comey wouldn’t recommend prosecution. HRC and her staffers would also likely receive negative recommendations for security clearances as a result of their extremely careless handling of national security information.

I think it’s a scandal that 25 recommendations were reversed in the Trump administration. It needs investigation and it needs to be stopped. I care deeply about national security and protecting sensitive and classified information. I’ve done it for over 30 years and still do it. However, I’m supposed to believe that people that thought HRC and her staff mishandling of TS/SAP information, the highest level of classified information, was not a big deal are now honestly concerned about national security? Please.
No one in history has ever been criminally prosecuted on her facts. She used a private email server. That’s not a prosecutable crime under the Espionage Act, even though it’s a bad idea and would have warranted discipline against a State Department employee — which by the time you were fulminating about this she was not.

“I’d have been in trouble at work” is not the same as “She should be put in prison.”

No one in history has ever been criminally prosecuted on her facts. She used a private email server. That’s not a prosecutable crime under the Espionage Act, even though it’s a bad idea and would have warranted discipline against a State Department employee — which by the time you were fulminating about this she was not.

“I’d have been in trouble at work” is not the same as “She should be put in prison.”
Using the server wasn’t a potential crime, that was a violation of White House and DoS policy. Mishandling classified information was the potential crime. One which military personnel have been prosecuted for and/or have been administratively punished, but apparently civilians are held to a lower standard. So while the decision was not to prosecute, Comey did say, “there is evidence of potential violations of the statutes regarding the handling of classified information,” and of course there was. TS/SAP information cannot even be removed from a secure facility and that ended up on her server. That’s a neat little magic trick. But hey, that’s over, and those that didn’t give two shits about that extremely careless mishandling of national security information can pretend they care about the Trump administration’s extremely careless actions and attitude toward national security information (and they are extremely careless about it). Some of us that really care about it can care about it no matter who is being extremely careless. We don’t have to pretend, or fool ourselves, or whatever the hell those that only care now are doing.

Last edited:
Some of us that really care about it can care about it no matter who is being extremely careless. We don’t have to pretend, or fool ourselves, or whatever the hell those that only care now are doing.
Every time Trump's security problems are brought up, your knee jerk response is always But Hillary! She's gone, dead, and buried. The question now is what should be done now.

Every time Trump's security problems are brought up, your knee jerk response is always But Hillary! She's gone, dead, and buried. The question now is what should be done now.
I didn’t bring her up. I specifically responded to those (in this case, zeke) that did. You’re wrong about your whataboutism much of the time which is why I think you should just stow it.

When DOJ "exonerated" Hillary, this had no effect on Republicans' determination to "lock her up." Instead, it caused them to decide that the DOJ was corrupt and needed to be investigated (even though Comey probably handed Trump the election). Hence the "deep state" bullshit.

No one -- including Republicans -- expects Republicans to behave rationally. This is why Democrats are told they must walk on eggshells to avoid triggering Republicans into more awful decisions like Trump -- whom they claim is our fault, not theirs. These, after all, are the people who've created a reassuring Conservamedia bubble out of their conviction that everyone else is out to get them.

If Republicans hear their preconceptions being challenged, they change what they hear, not what they believe. But now they insist that Democrats must close the book on all Trump scandals based on the brief, carefully lawyered not-summary of a voluminous report no one has seen. Because they like what they think they hear Trump's AG saying. Which makes it true.

The Hillary thing was different.

The good news is that the GOP is telling us that, of the 25, “only 4 or 5” of the individuals seriously compromise our national security. So we have that going for us.

Republicans can say whatever they want here. It's actually the Democrats that don't want a full report. They want to exploit the fact that releasing a full unredacted report would be illegal. Grand jury materials must be redacted by law. Apparently, nearly every page of Mueller's report is annotated as containing grand jury information.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT