ADVERTISEMENT

Supreme Court to decide Trump immunity claim

I must say that if Trump gets what he wants and wins the election we're gonna have a lot of people on here that will have to go to the funny farm afterwards. šŸ¤£ šŸ¤£
It will be a historical embarrassment. A criminal for President. 91 felonies and rapeā€¦ what a guy!

• Haha
Reactions: ulrey
You are humorous.

Iā€™m a strong defense, rational foreign policy, fiscally conservative, anti-woke, freedom loving, capitalistic, optimistic, patriotic person who believes in American exceptionalism and that America IS great. Iā€™m what Republicans generally have been since Reagan and should be now. I think the party is moving away from almost all of that.
So we totally, 100% agree on everything, AGAIN, except that the party is moving away from that. ... Although you will have to give me a little leeway on the fiscally conservative part. Trump (and your side of the party!!) spent a shit ton of money that I don't think either of us liked, but it was "good old politics". .... Right, which now that I type i makes me puke !
**** the swamp. we only swim in their presence. ..... I only kinda joke on this. Kinda.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
It will be a historical embarrassment. A criminal for President. 91 felonies and rapeā€¦ what a guy!
It must be nice having rape, as a Trump card that you carry around with you, whether true or not, you can always pull it out. But knowing that it is the TRUMP card, how does that make you feel when you know it's a false allegation? Do you say TRUMP card when you throw it on the table? Or do you say right bower? oppps theres the "RIGHT" word... Crying place here we come.

Right Pelosi is dumb, nice one. One of the strongest and longest serving and efficient Majority Leaders in history. Totally dumb. lol
Pelosi enjoys absolute immunity and then she says nobody is above the law. Thatā€™s not just dumb, itā€™s ROTFLMAO dumb.

Your use of "discussion" disguises what really happened. This was not a high school social studies class.

Trump's "discussion" with Pence concerned something far beyond the Constitutional duties of the VP -- Trump demanded that Pence reject legitimate electoral votes submitted by state governments and to instead accept illegal "votes" from fake electors. Trump's demands were based on his own fabricated claims that the election was stolen.

Under Article II, Section 1 of the Constitution, the states alone have authority to name the electors. Neither the President nor Vice President have any authority to select the electors, which is exactly what Trump was "discussing" to use your term.

It wasn't just "discussion" either - Trump orchestrated an entire plan for fake electors to meet in certain states at the same time as the real electors selected by the state governments and to illegally masquerade as the real electors.

Read Paragraphs 9 and 10:

I know that. And I didnā€™t write that it was the only charge.

What they talked about, no matter how stupid or wrong headed, involved the duty and powers of the Vice Presidency. Nothing youā€™ve said changes that. And yes, what they did is discuss it. That doesnā€™t make it right, but it is what happened , isnā€™t it?

In dealing with these issues, you abstract out the important principles to be reviewed. Again, Iā€™m not saying heā€™s going to win on this claim, just that it isnā€™t unreasonable for the SCt to review it.

Reactions: Spartans9312
So we totally, 100% agree on everything, AGAIN, except that the party is moving away from that. ... Although you will have to give me a little leeway on the fiscally conservative part. Trump (and your side of the party!!) spent a shit ton of money that I don't think either of us liked, but it was "good old politics". .... Right, which now that I type i makes me puke !
**** the swamp. we only swim in their presence. ..... I only kinda joke on this. Kinda.
Trump has not been fiscally conservative at all. He claimed he would eliminate deficit spending and made no effort at all towards doing it. None.

Yeah a choice between a criminal or someone who doesn't know where he is most of the time..... what a choice.

Yeah a choice between a criminal or someone who doesn't know where he is most of the time..... what a choice.
I don't think Biden is at that stage yet, but I do think it's rapidly approaching and could very well happen early in his second term if he's reelected. I also don't think Trump is all that far behind. I've watched a couple of his speeches lately and he's rambling more than he used to and seems to forget the points he's trying to make and covers for that with more rambling with the same old tropes over and over again.

We have the worst two choices, if this plays out, that this country has had in our entire history.

Reactions: outside shooter
I also don't think Trump is all that far behind. I've watched a couple of his speeches lately and he's rambling more than he used to and seems to forget the points he's trying to make and covers for that with more rambling with the same old tropes over and over again.

His remarks yesterday at the TX border were cringeworthy.

No other Presidential candidate in history would ever have gotten elected after saying just some of the things he's said. Many of the things he's said would have immediately ended the candidacies of any normal politician. Yet people are absolutely devoted to the guy. It's absolutely the weirdest thing I've ever seen and it's worthy of some serious Doctoral level research and dissertations.

I don't think Biden is at that stage yet, but I do think it's rapidly approaching and could very well happen early in his second term if he's reelected. I also don't think Trump is all that far behind. I've watched a couple of his speeches lately and he's rambling more than he used to and seems to forget the points he's trying to make and covers for that with more rambling with the same old tropes over and over again.

We have the worst two choices, if this plays out, that this country has had in our entire history.
So what's a voter to do?

No other Presidential candidate in history would ever have gotten elected after saying just some of the things he's said. Many of the things he's said would have immediately ended the candidacies of any normal politician. Yet people are absolutely devoted to the guy. It's absolutely the weirdest thing I've ever seen and it's worthy of some serious Doctoral level research and dissertations.

<Godwin>
Hitler's base remained locked in up until their total defeat.
</Godwin>

While in Texas, Trump started talking about the governor of California, referring to him as "Newscum."

There's one poster here who perceives himself as this objective, impartial, unbiased observer and arbiter of everything. He called me out once for referring to Trump as "inhuman," claiming that that kind of language does nothing to advance the discussion. I'm still waiting for his condemnation of Trump's reference to Newsom or, for that matter, any pejorative or ad hominem uttered by far-right public figures or people here.

I think this is a tad overstated. If Iā€™m forced to choose between Trump and Biden, voting for Trump is a the only reasonable choice. This has zero to do with being devoted to the guy. Biden said again that migrants have a right to come here. Thatā€™s all I need to know to make my choice. But there are scores of other reasons that Iā€™ve discussed before. At least Trump has a record of some positive accomplishments. Everything Biden has done has turned into a crap sandwich. We cannot survive with Biden.

Trump shoots Off his mouth in impulsive and even mean ways. However, his actions and decisions in office are remarkably mainstream and very effective. Granted his post election behavior was despicable. But that doesnā€™t overcome the looming disaster of the Biden administration. .

Bob Knight, Aloha. Bob Knight. Knight provided dopamine and serotonin hits through his bball teams, wins, and humor. Trump provides same through his trolling the libs, telling it "like it is" w/r/t politics while talking in a manner that creates identity among a set of people, and humor.

We've formed teams in politics, and our asshole who makes us feel good is to be protected at all costs while the other asshole who provides his side serotonin hits is the devil incarnate.

By the way, I LOVED Bob Knight.

Bob Knight, Aloha. Bob Knight. Knight provided dopamine and serotonin hits through his bball teams, wins, and humor. Trump provides same through his trolling the libs, telling it "like it is" w/r/t politics while talking in a manner that creates identity among a set of people, and humor.

We've formed teams in politics, and our asshole who makes us feel good is to be protected at all costs while the other asshole who provides his side serotonin hits is the devil incarnate.

Completely disagree, as least as I understand the term "trolling." Trolling is trying to get attention simply for the sake of attention and/or attempting to piss people off. That might be a secondary benefit from his strategy, but that's certainly not among the things he's most concerned about. His comments are specifically intended to: 1) energize and enrage his base (as enragement leads to engagement); 2) raise money; 3) get elected; and 4) stay out of jail.

With respect to Trump's "humor," you appreciate it because it's associated with your team.

Where do you draw the line? Are you amused by his reference to the governor of CA as "Newscum?" Shouldn't that kind of remark be condemned?

Completely disagree, as least as I understand the term "trolling." Trolling is trying to get attention simply for the sake of attention and/or attempting to piss people off. That might be a secondary benefit from his strategy, but that's certainly not among the things he's most concerned about. His comments are specifically intended to: 1) energize and enrage his base (as enragement leads to engagement); 2) raise money; 3) get elected; and 4) stay out of jail.

With respect to Trump's "humor," you appreciate it because it's associated with your team.

Where do you draw the line? Are you amused by his reference to the governor of CA as "Newscum?" Shouldn't that kind of remark be condemned?

Anyone still liking Trump has proven they won't condemn anything. If they won't even condemn him bragging about grabbing women by the pussy, then do you really think they would condemn anything else he does?

So what's a voter to do?
If there was ever a time for a third party, this is it. However, a third party still can't win and might likely put one or the other in office instead. If these are the choices, I'll vote for a third party most likely. Doesn't matter in Ohio because I think Trump will win here even if he's running from prison.

If there was ever a time for a third party, this is it. However, a third party still can't win and might likely put one or the other in office instead. If these are the choices, I'll vote for a third party most likely. Doesn't matter in Ohio because I think Trump will win here even if he's running from prison.
Can't do third party until we have ranked choice and that isn't going to happen with the 2 parties in power because they want to remain in power.

Reactions: PhyloeBedoe
I think this is a tad overstated. If Iā€™m forced to choose between Trump and Biden, voting for Trump is a the only reasonable choice. This has zero to do with being devoted to the guy. Biden said again that migrants have a right to come here. Thatā€™s all I need to know to make my choice. But there are scores of other reasons that Iā€™ve discussed before. At least Trump has a record of some positive accomplishments. Everything Biden has done has turned into a crap sandwich. We cannot survive with Biden.
I've acknowledged that Trump did some things I agree with. There isn't a positive thing that he's done that any normal Republican President wouldn't also do - and have done them without the insanity.

I loved Bob Knight too.

Reactions: BradStevens
RFK is running independent and is going to **** Pfizer up the ass. Welcome to the team my friend.

Things related to official acts.

Should Obama be prosecuted for murder of an American citizen for his drone strike, for example? Should Presidents who order a factory to be seized be tried for criminal conversion?

If prosecutions such as the above are allowed, the argument goes, people serving as President will be scared of doing their duty for fear of zealous prosecutors later trying them for crimes.

Has any president ever been tried in court for their official duties?

Trump wants protection for stuff that has nothing to do with official duties. You know hitler level authoritarian protection.

Totally deranged. He chooses to look like they. Fillers. Bleph. Those cavernous under eyes would be fixed. That hair. Itā€™s a choice. Propecia/rogaine but he waited too long. Could use a transplant. But not a big deal. Would have hair like Tom Brady.

As it stands. Itā€™s a deranged look
James Oā€™Keefe is on the case. Hasnā€™t found anything yet, but this weirdo has skeletons and we all know it. Oā€™Keefe will find them.

Read his posts in the "364 million dollar verdict" thread. If he's not on Trump's team he should be. He's a better advocate than Alina Habba.
I have read them... @BradStevens is normally pretty neutral. Just because he says something supporting Trump doesn't mean he's a Trump fan. It is possible for some people to think Trump is doing something for a certain reason WITHOUT being a Trump fan.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT