ADVERTISEMENT

Supreme Court to decide Trump immunity claim

Completely disagree, as least as I understand the term "trolling." Trolling is trying to get attention simply for the sake of attention and/or attempting to piss people off. That might be a secondary benefit from his strategy, but that's certainly not among the things he's most concerned about. His comments are specifically intended to: 1) energize and enrage his base (as enragement leads to engagement); 2) raise money; 3) get elected; and 4) stay out of jail.

With respect to Trump's "humor," you appreciate it because it's associated with your team.

Where do you draw the line? Are you amused by his reference to the governor of CA as "Newscum?" Shouldn't that kind of remark be condemned?
(1) is the same thing as trolling in my mind. Maybe I’m using the term wrong.

Your theory about my “team” is almost certainly incorrect.

Low bar, unless you're factoring in appearances. You can't fake that.
Habbada, Habbada, Habbada

GEJSOUbXsAAAp_4.jpg

I know that. And I didn’t write that it was the only charge.

What they talked about, no matter how stupid or wrong headed, involved the duty and powers of the Vice Presidency. Nothing you’ve said changes that. And yes, what they did is discuss it. That doesn’t make it right, but it is what happened , isn’t it?

In dealing with these issues, you abstract out the important principles to be reviewed. Again, I’m not saying he’s going to win on this claim, just that it isn’t unreasonable for the SCt to review it.
It should have taken them only 2.3 seconds to "review" it though, because selecting the electors for a state is no part of the constitutional duties of the President or Vice President. The Constitution says clearly that only the states (not the federal government) have authority to select the electors for each state.

So, you're wrong to claim that Trump's browbeating of Pence to reject the electors that were legally chosen by the states but disapproved by Trump and to accept only the electoral votes from the electors handpicked by Trump "involved the duty and powers of the Vice Presidency". It just doesn't.

Your argument is like claiming that a discussion between the President and the Secretary of Defense about the best American military weapon for him to shoot someone on Fifth Avenue and get away with it "involved the duty and powers" of the President to conduct military affairs.

I think you've forgotten what Pence specifically said Trump said to him. Scheming about the infinite universe of things a Vice President can not do is not the same as discussing a Vice President's "duty and powers" under the Constitution.

It must be nice having rape, as a Trump card that you carry around with you, whether true or not, you can always pull it out. But knowing that it is the TRUMP card, how does that make you feel when you know it's a false allegation? Do you say TRUMP card when you throw it on the table? Or do you say right bower? oppps theres the "RIGHT" word... Crying place here we come.
So, Zeke says "rape" and you focus on that instead of dozens of felony counts?

How many MAGA caps and flags do you own?

Yeah a choice between a criminal or someone who doesn't know where he is most of the time..... what a choice.
Especially when both those things are true of the Republican candidate. You must be having a helluva time.

How do you cope with knowing that your hero buried an ex-wife along the right side of a golf course to get a tax advantage?? That's where I slice!

A golf course!! Tax advantage!!

That's your guy -- Trump 2024!!

Reactions: IU_Hickory
Bob Knight, Aloha. Bob Knight. Knight provided dopamine and serotonin hits through his bball teams, wins, and humor. Trump provides same through his trolling the libs, telling it "like it is" w/r/t politics while talking in a manner that creates identity among a set of people, and humor.

We've formed teams in politics, and our asshole who makes us feel good is to be protected at all costs while the other asshole who provides his side serotonin hits is the devil incarnate.

By the way, I LOVED Bob Knight.
Exactly. And trump is intentionally and unintentionally funny. Not all people are funny or recognize funny. I typically avoid those people

Reactions: BradStevens
Well, yes she does.
Wow.

Haven't you ever heard of the conviction of "the longest-serving Republican Speaker of the House in history"?

You don't know much about history or immunity, do you? And no, I'm not going to tell you who it is.

If you look it up, you might remember in the future who it is and just keep your personal opinions about absolute immunity to yourself,

Every time I see and hear Habba I chuckle at Trump hiring her. So transparent. Cost him millions, yet he thinks he hired the best.

Trump has been playing everything as if it's yet another season of The Apprentice. On the show, there was no downside for him, it was all for show and all make believe. Shit's getting real now, though. That half a billion dollar hit is staring him in the face and it's not make believe -- he's going to have to shit up that money, and do it quick.

Trump has been playing everything as if it's yet another season of The Apprentice. On the show, there was no downside for him, it was all for show and all make believe. Shit's getting real now, though. That half a billion dollar hit is staring him in the face and it's not make believe -- he's going to have to shit up that money, and do it quick.
Yup.

Donald Trump GIF

Wow.

Haven't you ever heard of the conviction of "the longest-serving Republican Speaker of the House in history"?

You don't know much about history or immunity, do you? And no, I'm not going to tell you who it is.

If you look it up, you might remember in the future who it is and just keep your personal opinions about absolute immunity to yourself,
Legislative immunity is ,absolute and there are no exceptions.

You have no clue what you are talking about.

Reactions: BradStevens
Especially when both those things are true of the Republican candidate. You must be having a helluva time.

How do you cope with knowing that your hero buried an ex-wife along the right side of a golf course to get a tax advantage?? That's where I slice!

A golf course!! Tax advantage!!

That's your guy -- Trump 2024!!
As usual you have no idea what you're talking about.

I think there is most definitely a need for a decision on this in a timely fashion because Trump is running for election again.

I don't recall any conservatives complaining about Comey's on again off again investigation into Hillary right before the 2016 election. If something important is going on with a candidate that is trying to win an election, then everything possible should be done to get to the bottom of it before people vote. In Hillary's case, they waited until after the election to clear her (which is why people were understandably pissed).

Sure, we can't prove the SCt is purposefully helping Trump by delaying but that doesn't make it any less shady.

1) There is no reason to take up such a ridiculous case.
2) There was no reason to delay deciding to take up the case (if they had time to reject going at a faster pace, then they had time to take it up and set a date a long time ago)

I would bet the majority of congress doesn't like Trump either but doesn't stop them from bowing down to him and doing his bidding.

If Trump wins, then he will almost definitely be pardoning himself for his federal cases. Back when GOP refused to impeach Trump, they said let the courts decide Trump's guilt. But that above scenario would completely bypass the courts and allow Trump to decide his own guilt. Do you think that is acceptable for Trump to erase his repercussions for his actions?
Harlan Crow has told Justice Thomas to slow the decision- #justice4sale

I watched most of only one episode of that show. It was flat out ridiculous. I thought he was a joke from the first time I knew about him in the 80s or early 90s when he was a Democrat parroting all the liberal lines. We elected that joke to be our President. It is a national embarrassment.

I watched most of only one episode of that show. It was flat out ridiculous. I thought he was a joke from the first time I knew about him in the 80s or early 90s when he was a Democrat parroting all the liberal lines. We elected that joke to be our President. It is a national embarrassment.
Anyone think his political views magically changed when he ran for president?

Guessing his views are whatever they need to be to help himself.

Whatever Trump actually believes, he is pushing extreme conservative publicly.

The only thing you can count on is Trump will do what's best for trump
What’s the most conservative thing about Trump? Is it his criticism of abortion bans, or his vow to protect and expand entitlements?

Oh I know. It must scrapping TPP and crim justice reform.

No that’s not it. It has to be winding down foreign military interventions.

Face it. He passed some tax cuts and talked tough on the border. But to act like he’s an arch conservative ignores reality.

Haley is likely more conservative in traditional terms.

Reactions: Indyhorn
What’s the most conservative thing about Trump? Is it his criticism of abortion bans, or his vow to protect and expand entitlements?

Face it. He passed some tax cuts and talked tough on the border. But to act like he’s an arch conservative ignores reality.

- Anti abortion
- Pretends to be religious so he can ignore separation of church and state
- fear mongers about the border
- pushes tax breaks for the wealthy

He pushed the party more towards isolationism but other than that he has done the conservative playbook

Reactions: Ohio Guy
- Anti abortion
- Pretends to be religious so he can ignore separation of church and state
- fear mongers about the border
- pushes tax breaks for the wealthy

He pushed the party more towards isolationism but other than that he has done the conservative playbook
But he’s more moderate on abortion than the median GOP voter. And the border isn’t fear mongering millions are coming over and murdering Americans.

Tax breaks for the wealthy is a dumb dumb term that means nothing.

• Haha

Agreed- I’ll never accept a Republican who gave us 25% of our Federal Debt in a single term while crowing about the “greatest economy”- it’s the clearest example of a failed term I can find

Agreed- I’ll never accept a Republican who gave us 25% of our Federal Debt in a single term while crowing about the “greatest economy”- it’s the clearest example of a failed term I can find
I guess you have to ask yourself, who is more likely to print less money in a second term. I would lean Trump.

Who is more likely to take serious executive action on the border, again I lean Trump.

That’s the extent of my ambitions for the next POTUS.

Reactions: Indyhorn
But he’s more moderate on abortion than the median GOP voter. And the border isn’t fear mongering millions are coming over and murdering Americans.

Tax breaks for the wealthy is a dumb dumb term that means nothing.
You are much more likely to get murdered by a fellow American than an illegal immigrant that wants to stay under the radar.

Fear mongering and you bought it. But maybe if the Republicans had passed the border bill then you wouldn't have to live in fear

• Haha
Reactions: mcmurtry66
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT