ADVERTISEMENT

Summer concert updates?

kkott

Hall of Famer
Oct 26, 2001
I saw Whiskey Myers about a month ago in Raleigh. Pretty solid show, but it was a rainy night and the crowd was so rednecky it detracted from the show. They rocked more than I expected, and I enjoyed the music, but it wasn't the best environment between the rain, heat and crowd. I'd say a solid 7. Fast forward to this past Friday and I saw Drive By Truckers. Man, great show! Guys are probably all as old as me, but you can tell they still love to play and invest themselves in their performance. Rocked it hard for over 2 hours with no break. At the point when I was thinking, "man, they've got to end or take a break soon" and about 5 minutes into what wound up being their last song, the 2 front guys who both played guitar and sang, (probably 70/30 to Mike Cooley, who I think of as "the voice" of DBT) unplugged, waved and took their bows and applause and exited the stage, leaving the drummer, bassist and keyboards playing. After another minute or two, the bassist followed suit and the other two kept playing. Another minute or 2, and I expected the keyboardist to exit, but the drummer said his goodbyes leaving the keyboardist alone on stage. Finally he stood up, waved and walked off as they brought they house lights up. I thought it was a cool ending, versus everyone walking out and waiting for the cheers and perfunctory encore. Honestly, I thought it was a 10... maybe 9.9 because they didn't play one of my personal favorites Gravity's Gone. I had never seen DBT before and they were terrific. Definitely recommend catching them if you can. Still have tickets later this month to see Jamey Johnson and Blackberry Smoke (who's drummer just had a heart attack), Marcus King in October and comedian Nate Bargatze in December. Who/what shows have you seen and still have on the calendar?

I saw Whiskey Myers about a month ago in Raleigh. Pretty solid show, but it was a rainy night and the crowd was so rednecky it detracted from the show. They rocked more than I expected, and I enjoyed the music, but it wasn't the best environment between the rain, heat and crowd. I'd say a solid 7. Fast forward to this past Friday and I saw Drive By Truckers. Man, great show! Guys are probably all as old as me, but you can tell they still love to play and invest themselves in their performance. Rocked it hard for over 2 hours with no break. At the point when I was thinking, "man, they've got to end or take a break soon" and about 5 minutes into what wound up being their last song, the 2 front guys who both played guitar and sang, (probably 70/30 to Mike Cooley, who I think of as "the voice" of DBT) unplugged, waved and took their bows and applause and exited the stage, leaving the drummer, bassist and keyboards playing. After another minute or two, the bassist followed suit and the other two kept playing. Another minute or 2, and I expected the keyboardist to exit, but the drummer said his goodbyes leaving the keyboardist alone on stage. Finally he stood up, waved and walked off as they brought they house lights up. I thought it was a cool ending, versus everyone walking out and waiting for the cheers and perfunctory encore. Honestly, I thought it was a 10... maybe 9.9 because they didn't play one of my personal favorites Gravity's Gone. I had never seen DBT before and they were terrific. Definitely recommend catching them if you can. Still have tickets later this month to see Jamey Johnson and Blackberry Smoke (who's drummer just had a heart attack), Marcus King in October and comedian Nate Bargatze in December. Who/what shows have you seen and still have on the calendar?
what kind of dumb*ss posts this here, and not the aotf? Oh, wait, it was me! Sorry gang, like Kurt, I should never post while sober.

my dilema keep eating more or quit, worst thing for me but damn good, will wake up 3 or 4 staring at ceiling , cant go to taco bell anymore which is good for everyone involved

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT