ADVERTISEMENT

Stephen Colbert's first show

I thought it was great and as a confirmed sci-fi/fantasy guy and gamer. It is great to see someone so in love with the genre on a nightly stage. Enjoyed the tribute to Dave and the bits. Haven't watched you ought to.
I forgot but will today. You forgot George Clooney. That will be a large part of my reason for watching.

Yeah it was good and I was glad to see he didn't totally ditch the alter ego.

It was much more similar to the Colbert Report than I expected, but I thought that was a good thing. Worse thing for him would've been if just because he went to network, he ditched intelligence and satire to do stupid human tricks or interviews on the street.

Is it an alter-ego? I never really considered him 'in character' on the Colbert Report.

In other words, I don't think he's pulling a Will Ferrell on us.
Really? It was completely a character.

Is it an alter-ego? I never really considered him 'in character' on the Colbert Report.
a Will Ferrell on us.
Of course it's an alter ego. That's kind of like at the start of his show when politicians didn't understand that about him and thought he really was conservative.

In other words, I don't think he's pulling a Will Ferrell on us.
Ummm, yes it was an alter-ego. He is...not conservative.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT