ADVERTISEMENT

So, the shooter was wearing a Right Wing Militia t-shirt

I have a subscription under sonny c. Sorry $10 bucks a month is a stretch for you. Like I said log on and get more education or training. Your kids will appreciate. And don’t travel if you don’t have ten bucks a month. Or post 12,000 times. Dumb.
Well Sonny Beetch, there it is.

I am not getting into an argument Mac. No use butting heads, but weren't you the one who was complaining that you were having trouble buying gas for your car a couple months ago because it required premium?

I'm happy to be corrected if I'm wrong.
Nope. Took a new career with a pay cut (private sector vs public) and decided to let my subscription expire since trying to cancel in the past has been an issue and I don’t read the subscription stories.

I was complaining about price increases as a result of gov policy. No problem on my end. Whether you’re a billionaire or a pauper is immaterial
Which gov policy? The US is the largest oil producer in the world and any country in history. More than Saudi Arabia, Russia, anyone.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2023/12/us-producing-more-oil-climate-change/676893/

"Here’s something else America is leading the world in: oil production. This year, the United States pumped out more oil than any other country in history, producing millions more barrels than Russia or Saudi Arabia ever have and accounting for almost a fifth of the world’s total oil production. And the Biden administration played a part in making it happen."
https://home.treasury.gov/news/press-releases/jy0887

"As shown in the table above, our analysis suggests that President Biden’s historic SPR release, in coordination with IEA partners, lowered the price of gasoline by 17 cents to 42 cents per gallon, with an alternate approach suggesting a point estimate of 38 cents per gallon. This decline in prices had meaningful benefits for American consumers and helped to mitigate the impacts of rising gas prices on economywide inflation. Moving forward, the Biden Administration is committed to further addressing concerns about rising energy prices."

Oil is still a market. The Invisible Hand. Seems to most, that Biden delivered in a BIG way.

Last edited:
I didn’t say they were all from Fox News, I specifically mentioned Christian far right pastors and other farther right news outlets. Gabbi not recent enough? How about all the Dems that were sent powder they thought was anthrax? How about the two women election counters who were threatened directly because of what Trump and others said about them? What about all the vile threats and remarks Trump has made about the judges? That doesn’t count because no loony shot them? What about January 6? Some people died there because of right wing violence directly related to Trump’s Big Lie. Good quote I saw today: Let’s make one thing clear: Donald Trump was the victim of a shooting in a country he has been inciting to violence for years. Trump is neither a martyr nor a hero. He is a cause.

Gabbi was NOT a political shooting no matter how much you want it to be.

And I can name politicians and justices from both parties who have been threatened.

Jan. 6? See link.

But Scalise is the ONLY politician who had violence perpetrated agaonst him specifically for political reasons.

Now we need to see if Trump is the second.

Reactions: BadWakeboarder
Are you being facetious?

Someone tried to kill Pelosi thinking Nancy was at home and almost killed her husband. Trump and his ghoulish supports got a big laugh out an 82 year old being attacked in his own home with a hammer. Isn't that funny???

So, you are saying she did not have any violence perpetrated against her. Got it.

I have a subscription under sonny c. Sorry $10 bucks a month is a stretch for you. Like I said log on and get more education or training. Your kids will appreciate. And don’t travel if you don’t have ten bucks a month. Or post 12,000 times. Dumb.
Odd on June 29 you claimed to be a freeloader who promised to subscribe. $10 a month must’ve been too much with all of that alimony/child support.

I can name a retired judge in WI who was on a political hit list with Whitmer, Evers, and Mitch who was murdered in his home a week or so before the Right went apolectic over a gunman being arrested outside Kavanaugh's residence.

I'm also aware of an 80 yr old man who had his home invaded by a lunatic looking for his (politican) wife and was beat senseless by a hammer wielding thug. And how several on the Right in MAGA world (and on this board) spread nonsense that it was a "gay lovers" quarrel.
I'm not aware of anyone on this board, or the center/left as a whole claiming Scalise got what he deserved or making jokes at his expense...

On the other hand, this is an example of the type of tweets dbm and others reposted

And this thread is just chocked full of compassion and understanding...

So you can't tell me of a Federal Democrat politician that has had violence perpetrated against him or her, which was my question. Thanks.

And I can name politicians and justices from both parties who have been threatened.

Jan. 6? See link.

But Scalise is the ONLY politician who had violence perpetrated agaonst him specifically for political reasons.

I know how many people died January 6. I don’t need to read an article on it.

So, you are saying she did not have any violence perpetrated against her. Got it.
So, are you saying that Trump's injury on his ear was worse than Pelosi's husbands skull being bashed in by a guy who was there for the sole purpose of assassinating the Speaker of the US House of Reps? He may have not even been shot. People are saying the teleprompter shattered and may have cut his ear (ironic because Trump supposedly doesn't use teleprompters 🤷‍♂️). The shooting at the rally was disgusting but it seems like we're heading for a collective shrug of our shoulders saying "there's nothing we can do to prevent mentally ill people from getting AR-15s"

This is ABSOLUTELY a huge red flag, and I can't watch that video again. This needs to be investigated and heads should roll at the SS. The fact is, the SS can't be everywhere at all times. They f#cked up.

'cause the attacker was a dumb **** on your team and didn't think to check to see if his intended target was home or not

I don’t have a team. I am a registered independent. Didn't vote for Trump in 2020 or in the primary.

I just find it interesting that zeke has to yabbut with a statement that she can get 100 quotes from Fox News and others that are worse than any dem quotes or rhetoric. Like it's some freaking contest of which side is worse.

Both sides are bad. But the fact remains, as I clearly stated, there has only been one Federal politician that has had violence perpetrated against him for political reasons in recent memory. And Trump may be the second. We shall see.

Reactions: jet812

Jan. 6? See link.

How was Giffords shooting not political?

So, are you saying that Trump's injury on his ear was worse than Pelosi's husbands skull being bashed in by a guy who was there for the sole purpose of assassinating the Speaker of the US House of Reps? He may have not even been shot. People are saying the teleprompter shattered and may have cut his ear (ironic because Trump supposedly doesn't use teleprompters 🤷‍♂️). The shooting at the rally was disgusting but it seems like we're heading for a collective shrug of our shoulders saying "there's nothing we can do to prevent mentally ill people from getting AR-15s"

This is ABSOLUTELY a huge red flag, and I can't watch that video again. This needs to be investigated and heads should roll at the SS. The fact is, the SS can't be everywhere at all times. They f#cked up.

No. I am saying I asked a very specific and clearly stated question about violence towards a Federal politician. Paul Pelosi is not a Federal politician.

I'll check out the book and films. I am skeptical they mention 100 quotes from Fox News, but I'll see.

No, I can't tell you of a Democrat saying things like that but I also don't archive every statement from every Democrat.

Now can you tell me of a Federal Democratic politician that has been shot by a wacko for political reasons recently? I can name a Pub Congressman who was shot for political reasons. Now we need to wait and see if a Presidential candidate is another one.
of all of the Presidential assassinations or attempts, only Kennedy was a Dem.🤔

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier

I saw a teleprompter for sure. No idea about the glass v bullet.

And how the position of the shooter didn’t have SS on it is insane.

Reactions: DrHoops
I don’t have a team. I am a registered independent. Didn't vote for Trump in 2020 or in the primary.

I just find it interesting that zeke has to yabbut with a statement that she can get 100 quotes from Fox News and others that are worse than any dem quotes or rhetoric. Like it's some freaking contest of which side is worse.

Both sides are bad. But the fact remains, as I clearly stated, there has only been one Federal politician that has had violence perpetrated against him for political reasons in recent memory. And Trump may be the second. We shall see.
Attempts don’t count I guess. A husband doesn’t count, I guess. Attempted kidnapping doesn’t count I guess. So maybe Trump shouldn’t count since he was just nicked?
I’m not ya buying anything. I’m saying that the rhetoric from Trump and the right wing has been increasing violence since he has been on the scene, And the Big Lie was the most audacious of them all, that caused mass violence. This came directly from Trump and his associates. You can’t trace anything about today or the other shooting directly to what Democrats have said,

Reactions: IU_Hickory
No. I am saying I asked a very specific and clearly stated question about violence towards a Federal politician. Paul Pelosi is not a Federal politician.
That wasn't what the guy was planning. He was planning to kill NANCY Pelosi. Why is this so difficult for you?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT