ADVERTISEMENT

So McConnell says he doesn't (yet) have the votes . . .

Sope Creek

Hall of Famer
Feb 5, 2003
. . . to block witnesses and evidence from being introduced at the trial in the Senate.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...add30e-41bd-11ea-aa6a-083d01b3ed18_story.html

Well . . .

. . . I'm gonna guess we're gonna see Bolton as a Democratic witness, and the GOP will counter with calling Hunter . . . and fro there who knows who will be witnesses . . .

. . . I think this just might prove to be the shit-show we deserve . . . .

. . . I'm gonna guess we're gonna see Bolton as a Democratic witness, and the GOP will counter with calling Hunter . . . and fro there who knows who will be witnesses . . .

So Hunter will have a lot of shit thrown at him, but he won't admit to anything other than collecting a fat salary for not doing much of anything.

On the other hand, Bolton could potentially be the smoking gun on Article 1 of the impeachment charges.

Regardless, Trump's not getting removed. But still, I think it might be a worthwhile trade.

Reactions: Circlejoe
So Hunter will have a lot of shit thrown at him, but he won't admit to anything other than collecting a fat salary for not doing much of anything.

On the other hand, Bolton could potentially be the smoking gun on Article 1 of the impeachment charges.

Regardless, Trump's not getting removed. But still, I think it might be a worthwhile trade.
Playing that out a bit . . . Democrats cast Trump as an unstable, irresponsible threat to the country's security . . . and politically throw Hunter and Joe under the bus in the process . . . with Klobuchar ending up being the nominee.

Hmmmm . . . .

Reactions: Tacoll
. . . to block witnesses and evidence from being introduced at the trial in the Senate.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...add30e-41bd-11ea-aa6a-083d01b3ed18_story.html

Well . . .

Both Bolton and Biden should be witnesses. So should Melania, Trump, Jr., and Ivanaka. The latter two have official positions in the Trump administration, if I remember correctly. I am sure they have played some role on this case.

Both Bolton and Biden should be witnesses. So should Melania, Trump, Jr., and Ivanaka. The latter two have official positions in the Trump administration, if I remember correctly. I am sure they have played some role on this case.
But Trump will say:

I don't know them very well. They weren't with us very long. They really didn't do much, maybe got the coffee or something like that. I never dealt with them. I heard they were great people. This is a hoax, a witchhunt. It's a travesty, let me tell you. They should be spending their time looking into Crooked Hillary's emails, the John Wilkes Booth conspiracy and the Roswell crash. My relationship with them was perfect.

Reactions: meridian
Playing that out a bit . . . Democrats cast Trump as an unstable, irresponsible threat to the country's security . . . and politically throw Hunter and Joe under the bus in the process . . . with Klobuchar ending up being the nominee.

Hmmmm . . . .

Joe and Hunter crawled under it on their own, and the DNC and Dem media have been trying to protect them from themselves, as Joe is the DNC's, Comcast's, and AT&T's, great pro investor class hope.

i question if Bloomberg would have gotten in, if the DNC hadn't contacted him about being their slated plan B.

Biden should be toast just as the primaries Bloomberg will be part of start, and the DNC, Comcast, and AT&T, will try and steer Biden's support to Bloomberg at that point.

it's not personal.. it's just business.

Why does everyone seem to assume Hunter Biden is toast? If he appears as a witness and stumbles around with his answers or avoids direct questions then so be it. Until then let's wait to see what he's got to say and how he presents himself, if forced to testify.
There is really only one path he should take, come out with an opening (if allowed) statement breathing fire and show open contempt for any R questions, ala Kavanaugh without the whining. Come to think of it, his pops was a Senator for several years and knows where a few skeletons are buried. It's possible that he is quite capable of defending himself and most likely going through intense prep right now. Getting Hunter Biden to testify could be a big mistake for the Rs.
If such is the case then it will be t.v. worth watching.

Reactions: UncleMark
Joe and Hunter crawled under it on their own, and the DNC and Dem media have been trying to protect them from themselves, as Joe is the DNC's, Comcast's, and AT&T's, great pro investor class hope.

i question if Bloomberg would have gotten in, if the DNC hadn't contacted him about being their slated plan B.

Biden should be toast just as the primaries Bloomberg will be part of start, and the DNC, Comcast, and AT&T, will try and steer Biden's support to Bloomberg at that point.

it's not personal.. it's just business.

But, what about their sock puppets? I might be onboard if I just knew more about their sock puppets.

Why does everyone seem to assume Hunter Biden is toast? If he appears as a witness and stumbles around with his answers or avoids direct questions then so be it. Until then let's wait to see what he's got to say and how he presents himself, if forced to testify.
There is really only one path he should take, come out with an opening (if allowed) statement breathing fire and show open contempt for any R questions, ala Kavanaugh without the whining. Come to think of it, his pops was a Senator for several years and knows where a few skeletons are buried. It's possible that he is quite capable of defending himself and most likely going through intense prep right now. Getting Hunter Biden to testify could be a big mistake for the Rs.

if totally innocent of corruption, Hunter doesn't need to wait until Pubs call him to testify to clear his name.

so why exactly is Hunter Biden apparently in witness protection?

he can do the whole CNN, Fox, MSNBC/CNBC/NBC, CBS, ABC, PBS, NPR, NYT, WaPo, circuit, or even one of the above, answer everyone's questions, and explain this whole thing away anytime he wants.

don't hold your breath.

there's no doubt a reason he's in witness protection, not answering anyone's questions, and i'm guessing it isn't because he has credible explanations for everything or anything.

Biden and Trump are both corrupt as heck, and both being protected by the parties and their media.

if totally innocent of corruption, Hunter doesn't need to wait until Pubs call him to testify to clear his name.

he can do the whole CNN, Fox, MSNBC/CNBC/NBC, CBS, ABC, PBS, NPR, NYT, WaPo, circuit, or even one of the above, answer everyone's questions, and explain this whole thing away anytime he wants.

don't hold your breath.

there's no doubt a reason he's in witness protection, not answering anyone's questions, and i'm guessing it isn't because he has credible explanations for everything or anything.

Biden and Trump are both corrupt as heck, and both being protected by the parties and their media.
Biden may be corrupt but equating him to Trump is way, way beyond the norm. One is proven; the other is speculation. They are not comparable.

As I have said all along, both Hunter Biden and Donald Trump should testify in the open.

Last edited:

don't hold your breath.

If he’s totally innocent, why would he be obligated to explain anything?

If he’s totally innocent, why would he be obligated to explain anything?

maxresdefault.jpg

why are you now quoting Trump's defense team?

Hunter can come out and explain everything, anytime he wants.

he doesn't need the senate trial forum.

his silence is deafening.

this isn't rocket science.

and yes, his testimony could be a huge mistake for the Pubs.

they may be much better off waiting for Joe to get nominated by blind idiots, then hammering home on the blatantly obvious Biden corruption all day every day, letting the Biden's obvious corruption pull the whole Dem ticket off the cliff in the general.

Rudy’s son is paid like $90k as the WH sports liaison - he gets paid to play golf.

don't hold your breath.

when did Hunter become Joe???

WTF kind of logic is this?

Adults can’t control their adult children. Or any relative. Remember Billy Carter? Folks didn’t hold him against president Carter.

In short, Hunter is a grown ass man. Unless actual proof of Joe using his position to help him directly has been discovered, then this whole argument is silly.

And if it existed, you can bet that something would be out there by now. Instead, you’ve got a bunch if allegations from f’n Rudy Giuliani. He’s a PARAGON of integrity and truth these days, isn’t he? That’s seriously what this is all built upon. Think about that before anyone says “both sides”.

“Both sides”. Give me an F’n break. Yes, this gets me fired up. I’m tired of false equivalencies.

when did Hunter become Joe???

WTF kind of logic is this?

Adults can’t control their adult children. Or any relative. Remember Billy Carter? Folks didn’t hold him against president Carter.

In short, Hunter is a grown ass man. Unless actual proof of Joe using his position to help him directly has been discovered, then this whole argument is silly.

And if it existed, you can bet that something would be out there by now. Instead, you’ve got a bunch if allegations from f’n Rudy Giuliani. He’s a PARAGON of integrity and truth these days, isn’t he? That’s seriously what this is all built upon. Think about that before anyone says “both sides”.

“Both sides”. Give me an F’n break. Yes, this gets me fired up. I’m tired of false equivalencies.
Winners has been playing the both sides are corrupt side for months. And accusing Joe Biden with zero proof. And calling anyone that doesn’t agree with him out for supporting corruption. It’s Trump like nonsense, but it doesn’t stop him from doing it.

If Republicans were smart, they would vote for witnesses and then acquit. They have already changed their tune to yeah he did it, just doesn’t rise to impeachment. They should at the least have Bolton testify to look as if this isn’t a sham. 70 to 80 % of the public think there should be witnesses. That includes an awful lot of Republicans. If they weren’t scared to death of Trump himself, they would at least attempt to show fairness. They are betting the American public will forget this by November. I hope they are wrong,but we have a pretty short attention span. Plus there will be at least a dozen new things coming out that any other president would have been impeached for by November. The floodgates are open.

Reactions: MrBing
Winners has been playing the both sides are corrupt side for months. And accusing Joe Biden with zero proof. And calling anyone that doesn’t agree with him out for supporting corruption. It’s Trump like nonsense, but it doesn’t stop him from doing it.

I understand his passion for the little guy being screwed. Largely because of corrupt trends and policies.

however, to apply it to this situation is ridiculous. There’s not a shred of evidence that Joe Biden did anything wrong. Not one.

and if it did exist, you can damn well bet we would’ve seen some of it by now. It would’ve given the pubs cover to call Hunter Biden as a witness.

the pubs have learned Trump’s lesson- you don’t have to rise to the other person’s level. You just have to bring them down to yours- and fight with more mud at that point. To be fair, this wasn’t started by Trump. We can look back at historical figures like Atwater, Stone, Nixon & Gingrich (Along with media types like Limbaugh) to see that something like Trump could happen.

Trump is a product of the symptoms. He was smart enough to realize how to exploit and manipulate people’s angst. That’s really about all he’s good at doing- grievance.

Reactions: Harry Hondo
If Republicans were smart, they would vote for witnesses and then acquit. They have already changed their tune to yeah he did it, just doesn’t rise to impeachment. They should at the least have Bolton testify to look as if this isn’t a sham. 70 to 80 % of the public think there should be witnesses. That includes an awful lot of Republicans. If they weren’t scared to death of Trump himself, they would at least attempt to show fairness. They are betting the American public will forget this by November. I hope they are wrong,but we have a pretty short attention span. Plus there will be at least a dozen new things coming out that any other president would have been impeached for by November. The floodgates are open.

by doing this, the pubs just put the senate in play. VERY shortsighted approach. They’re going to look horrible as more and more comes out.

Reactions: MrBing
by doing this, the pubs just put the senate in play. VERY shortsighted approach. They’re going to look horrible as more and more comes out.

The goal is not to expand their vote any, just get 100% turnout from their base. This was Bannon's idea originally, turn the GOP into a populist group and run up massive vote totals among disaffected whites. It might work again this time, but demographics are changing and sooner or later that dam will break and the GOP brand will be completely toxic to all but disaffected whites.

The goal is not to expand their vote any, just get 100% turnout from their base. This was Bannon's idea originally, turn the GOP into a populist group and run up massive vote totals among disaffected whites. It might work again this time, but demographics are changing and sooner or later that dam will break and the GOP brand will be completely toxic to all but disaffected whites.

Heard a really interesting interview with Ezra Klein about his new book on partisanship. He laid out the differences between the two parties and why they have to behave differently.

After the 2008 election, the GOP did the big autopsy about the race and state of the party. That review showed that the country’s demographics are changing and the GOP needed to change to attract new voters. But the GOP leaders and base had no interest in that. They wanted to remain a rural white party and maintain their power as a minority. They looked at the baked in Electoral College advantages and determined they would do everything they could to never change and still maintain power. That meant partisan gerrymandering, voter suppression and utilizing any advantage they could find.

It’s 2020 and the GOP is still fighting the same fight. Maybe even harder than ever before. The reckoning will come because the demographic changes are coming. I just hope the damage will not be so great that we can’t recover.

maxresdefault.jpg

why are you now quoting Trump's defense team?
Huh? I'm at the opposite end of the universe from Trumps' defense team. You're the one demanding Hunter stand trial, which is Trump's position.

You're the one who posed "if he's totally innocent". If he's totally innocent, he doesn't have anything to explain. Not sure why that's hard to understand.

Exactly. Why justify the dirt they throw, with absolutely no proof whatsoever? No reason for him to do so.
I don't know if he's guilty of anything or "totally innocent". I just know it's ridiculous to demand that people are guilty of something until they prove they haven't done anything wrong.

Reactions: Cortez88
Winners has been playing the both sides are corrupt side for months.

what universe have you been living in?

both sides have been corrupt for decades.

and i love all the "we don't defend corruption" false indignation from the board sock puppets, while they defend it in every thread.

that said, they only care about corruption when it's the other side being corrupt.

when it's someone on their team, it's just creative capitalism and crazy, "who knew", coincidence..

Last edited:
Huh? I'm at the opposite end of the universe from Trumps' defense team. You're the one demanding Hunter stand trial, which is Trump's position.

You're the one who posed "if he's totally innocent". If he's totally innocent, he doesn't have anything to explain. Not sure why that's hard to understand.

he's not innocent, (which is why he's in witness protection), and only a total moron would think he is.. (although many have a very creative definition of "innocent" these day).

what universe have you been living in?

both sides have been corrupt for decades.

and i love all the "we don't defend corruption" false indignation from the board sock puppets, while they defend it in every thread.

that said, they only care about corruption when it's the other side being corrupt.

when it's someone on their team, it's just creative capitalism and crazy, "who knew", coincidence..
Bye. You’re going on ignore. Have someone let me know if you EVER write anything new. I’ve seen enough of your everyone is corrupt routine in every single thread.

he's not innocent, (which is why he's in witness protection), and only a total moron would think he is.. (although many have a very creative definition of "innocent" these day).
As I said, I don't know if he is or is not guilty of anything. What would he be guilty of? And I'm not sure you understand how witness protection works.

Bye. You’re going on ignore. Have someone let me know if you EVER write anything new. I’ve seen enough of your everyone is corrupt routine in every single thread.

How will stay updated on the latest comings and goings of the sock puppets?

Reactions: hoosboot
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT