ADVERTISEMENT

So @BoilerN .. and other PU fans....

Absolutely zero excuse to lose to THAT team last night. 100% psychological. players and, worse, Painter.

i bet some of their fans quit basketball altogether. like, forget they ever knew what it was.
Painter made no adjustments. They played at the pace and tempo completely dictated by FDU. So much so Edey only scored one bucket in the last 10 minutes. Then again, when we beat them in Mackey IU completely controlled the tempo in the 2nd half. It’s Painter’s weakness for not recruiting guards who are good enough to take control. He’d rather have those 7 foot plus dominant monsters and weak guards and it fails miserably in the end.

Absolutely zero excuse to lose to THAT team last night. 100% psychological. players and, worse, Painter.

i bet some of their fans quit basketball altogether. like, forget they ever knew what it was.
Fans? They couldn’t even be bothered to drive a few hours to Columbus to watch the game live. Some fans they have. IU had more fans in Albany New York at f***ing midnight. Purdues loss was the most pathetic display on all levels.

Reactions: GeorgeStrait IU
Every 1 vs 16 game from now on will have this mentioned.
After today we should probably stop, show some mercy. They are a good engineering school, vet school, and I assume other areas.
Sure suck at March tho.
I don’t think anyone here dislikes Purdue the school. The athletics program is a hot dumpster fire though. That is funny and it makes me happy.

Painter made no adjustments. They played at the pace and tempo completely dictated by FDU. So much so Edey only scored one bucket in the last 10 minutes. Then again, when we beat them in Mackey IU completely controlled the tempo in the 2nd half. It’s Painter’s weakness for not recruiting guards who are good enough to take control. He’d rather have those 7 foot plus dominant monsters and weak guards and it fails miserably in the end.
He had strong guards last year and still lost to a 15 seed. His problem definitely not being able adjust under fire. It’s also terrible defense. He’s never been a good defensive coach.

From the Purdue board, lol

dlaird8

Purdue will be back in the tournament next year. With a better backcourt and guards. FDU won’t see the tournament until 2035 again. Purdue overachieved this year. With an average age of idk 22. Fdu average age 25. We have true freshman. They don’t. This team overachieved. All year. IU was supposed to dominate the big ten and get to the final four. Didn’t happen. Purdue won conference and conference tourney. We all know how much of a bs crapshoot this tourney is. Especially now with all the stupid transfer rules and essentially building super teams for the tourney. Purdue will get to the final four next year whether edey stays or not. F the haters. Especially the douche FDU coach who will lose against FAU and be irrelevant and not have a job soon enough.

Reactions:Schnelk, HomesteadDrive and CaryQuadDogg
I actually think what PU did this yr was remarkable. Having freshmen guards and still winning the league and the tourney was a great accomplishment. Their guards with some more experience will get better. They just have to surround those guys with other players. Edey is most likely gone this yr, though there are some rumblings about him coming back next season. I don't agree they will get to the final four without some extra help. They could go to the portal just like anybody. I want IU and PU to both be good because when we beat them it feels so much better when they are good.

I actually think what PU did this yr was remarkable. Having freshmen guards and still winning the league and the tourney was a great accomplishment. Their guards with some more experience will get better. They just have to surround those guys with other players. Edey is most likely gone this yr, though there are some rumblings about him coming back next season. I don't agree they will get to the final four without some extra help. They could go to the portal just like anybody. I want IU and PU to both be good because when we beat them it feels so much better when they are good.
They tried last year and got 1 guy who isn’t great. They won’t use NIL effectively so it’s going to be very difficult.

This thread isn't about how you feel, it's about laughing at Purdue. So if you want to state your feelings about Purdue, or cats, or pizza, or your infatuation with peens, start one.

Their guards aren’t getting more athletic.

Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
Fans? They couldn’t even be bothered to drive a few hours to Columbus to watch the game live. Some fans they have. IU had more fans in Albany New York at f***ing midnight. Purdues loss was the most pathetic display on all levels.
Is that right about their fans? That is awful.

And if all they had were freshman guards, why could they not get some in the portal?
I don't know unless you are truly elite that you can just go get someone in the portal like ppl seem to think. At some point the kind of school and what they offer comes in to play as well.

Bless your heart

Reactions: HillyardGates
Black And White Oops GIF by Buyout Footage
Boiler DOWN

Reactions: IUgradman
I don't know unless you are truly elite that you can just go get someone in the portal like ppl seem to think. At some point the kind of school and what they offer comes in to play as well.
You could be right. I am on the outside so it seems to me you just offer money. Maybe it isn’t quite that easy.

From the Purdue board, lol

dlaird8

Purdue will be back in the tournament next year. With a better backcourt and guards. FDU won’t see the tournament until 2035 again. Purdue overachieved this year. With an average age of idk 22. Fdu average age 25. We have true freshman. They don’t. This team overachieved. All year. IU was supposed to dominate the big ten and get to the final four. Didn’t happen. Purdue won conference and conference tourney. We all know how much of a bs crapshoot this tourney is. Especially now with all the stupid transfer rules and essentially building super teams for the tourney. Purdue will get to the final four next year whether edey stays or not. F the haters. Especially the douche FDU coach who will lose against FAU and be irrelevant and not have a job soon enough.

Reactions:Schnelk, HomesteadDrive and CaryQuadDogg
Wow.
Maybe counseling would help?

Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
He had strong guards last year and still lost to a 15 seed. His problem definitely not being able adjust under fire. It’s also terrible defense. He’s never been a good defensive coach.
We all have areas of weakness. If Painter is a bad defensive coach why doesn’t he hire a good D coach?

Purdue fans still seem very quiet. Pretty much any social media platform is oddly quiet. Except for a thread over in their board where they're savaging Zach Edey. Seems that they wish he was more mobile, more diverse in what he brings.

Can you see a 7-4 player single handily take over the tourney and lead a team to a title?

Could you see a versatile player like TJD do it? I have no idea how far we go, but we have a player of the year quality player that can handle the ball, and can move.

It’s really not that hard. No matter how far IU goes, PU was always built to fail outside the big ten. You cannot win it all with a one dimensional 7-4 center surrounded by slow, unathletic players. Especially when they are not elite shooters and the backcourt has no experience.

Can you see a 7-4 player single handily take over the tourney and lead a team to a title?

Could you see a versatile player like TJD do it? I have no idea how far we go, but we have a player of the year quality player that can handle the ball, and can move.

It’s really not that hard. No matter how far IU goes, PU was always built to fail outside the big ten. You cannot win it all with a one dimensional 7-4 center surrounded by slow, unathletic players. Especially when they are not elite shooters and the backcourt has no experience.
Yeah, I'm just enjoying the irony here. Just a few days ago, Edey was clearly a big who was superior to his counterparts. Talk of assists, defensive prowess, etc were unimportant. Edey was clearly the best player in the country. Interesting to see that he was now flawed in their eyes. Some don't care if he moves in, some hope he moves on.

Something's happened to make that pack ready to eat their young.

Yeah, I'm just enjoying the irony here. Just a few days ago, Edey was clearly a big who was superior to his counterparts. Talk of assists, defensive prowess, etc were unimportant. Edey was clearly the best player in the country. Interesting to see that he was now flawed in their eyes. Some don't care if he moves in, some hope he moves on.

Something's happened to make that pack ready to eat their young.
It’s funny and sad at the same time. TJD is the superior player. Edey is just big. All he practices is free throws and shots around the rim.

Purdue fans still seem very quiet. Pretty much any social media platform is oddly quiet. Except for a thread over in their board where they're savaging Zach Edey. Seems that they wish he was more mobile, more diverse in what he brings.
They know that what several of us have said all along is correct.

Reactions: Vern Pain
Every 1 vs 16 game from now on will have this mentioned.
After today we should probably stop, show some mercy. They are a good engineering school, vet school, and I assume other areas.
Sure suck at March tho.
As soon as they stop yelling "IU Sucks" on football kickoffs when they're not playing IU, I'm fine with showing them a little sympathy.

Until then, they can suck it.

I get what you are saying but Bill Buckner was a Helluva player save one bad moment, Painter has a pattern
Painter has had success - quite a bit of it, actually. He just chokes in the tournament. Hence the comparison. They'll both be known for their failures instead of their overall success.

Painter has had success - quite a bit of it, actually. He just chokes in the tournament. Hence the comparison. They'll both be known for their failures instead of their overall success.
Yes. That must be something about human nature that we do that.

Reactions: DANC
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT