ADVERTISEMENT

Shots fired at Trump's PA campaign rally

Obviously, there needs to be a serious investigation, but anyone actually seriously entertaining the idea that it was a government conspiracy to allow someone to take a shot at Trump is being just as insane as those who are seriously entertaining that it was a false flag by the Trump campaign.

It's one thing to idly note how the situation was so insane that you have to at least mention it (as I did when I made the comment about how Trump "couldn't have scripted it better" or whatever it was that got referenced a while ago), but it's a whole different thing to genuinely make or hint at such an accusation.

As of right now, all we know is some guy took a shot at Trump and almost killed him. The Trump campaign, and the Biden White House had nothing to do with it.

Obviously, there needs to be a serious investigation, but anyone actually seriously entertaining the idea that it was a government conspiracy to allow someone to take a shot at Trump is being just as insane as those who are seriously entertaining that it was a false flag by the Trump campaign.

It's one thing to idly note how the situation was so insane that you have to at least mention it (as I did when I made the comment about how Trump "couldn't have scripted it better" or whatever it was that got referenced a while ago), but it's a whole different thing to genuinely make or hint at such an accusation.

As of right now, all we know is some guy took a shot at Trump and almost killed him. The Trump campaign, and the Biden White House had nothing to do with it.
You can throw the FBI investigation out the door. No one will believe anything they say. It has to be Congress but I doubt we ever know.

The good news is that the Vance pick all but assures we don't have to worry about it happening again. A President Vance probably scares them more than a President Trump.

To an extent, but I don't think it's enough to just divvy up different areas between the SS and the locals. I think if you identify a location as a possible threat to the protectee, you have to manage it yourself, or if you don't have enough manpower, you give it to the locals, but maintain operational control over it. You don't just outsource it.

I realize I may be interpreting events in the manner most negative for the SS, but I think that's necessary in this situation.

That goes to why I think there should be a checklist. Someone at each threat point has to give an OK.

If a conspiracy , I want to know why the elite couldn't find a great marksman. All their money and resources and this is who they found?

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
That goes to why I think there should be a checklist. Someone at each threat point has to give an OK.
I do agree a checklist is a good idea, I just don't think it's good enough, if it comes with placing the threatening location out of SS operational control. I don't want the SS to simply check in with the sheriff and get an "OK" for the location. I want the SS to determine the surveillance and monitoring plan for that location, in detail, and when they get that "OK" from the sheriff's officer(s), they know exactly what it means.

Reactions: Stuffshot
You can throw the FBI investigation out the door. No one will believe anything they say. It has to be Congress but I doubt we ever know.

The good news is that the Vance pick all but assures we don't have to worry about it happening again. A President Vance probably scares them more than a President Trump.
Investigation or not, you are already convinced that it’s a Democrat/Deep State conspiracy to kill Trump. Who recruited the kid? Why recruit a kid who hasn’t been a good shot? Who gave the order? How many of the SS (another predominately Republican group) were in on it? Did Biden order it? Oh, I know, Jill ordered it, right?

Sometimes the most obvious answer is the right one - someone screwed up on the security team.

As dumb as your theory is, there is a dumber one on the left. They think it was a setup by the Trump team to make Trump a hero to win the election. I’d like to know who convinced Trump that “this kid will only nick your ear a little, you’ll be good, and we wrap up this election!” Trump said “no problem, I’m in!” Yes, some lady actually said words to that effect on the radio today.

People aren’t smart. Amiright?

If a conspiracy , I want to know why the elite couldn't find a great marksman. All their money and resources and this is who they found?

My take is not that it's a conspiracy as it "might" have been a case of purposeful neglect... Maybe one guy on the police force hates Trump and just looked the other way????

More likely though, it's simply what another esteemed poster already stated, much more eloquently (I'm going to screw up the quote): something to the effect of "never ascribe to malice what can just as easily be someone screwing off at their post..." or something like that...

And people are not mentioning one very important detail. It happened on the eve of the Republican convention. How convenient
Your mind works, if you want to call it that, in very mysterious ways. Have you ever seen a psychiatrist or therapist?

Leaving it to LEO doesn't bother me except it needed checked. There should be a checklist before the president comes to the podium. Is area 'X' secure? Is are 'Y' secure? That building should have been one of them. If a LEO was on that building and OK'd it, it should be fine.
What kind of people do you think make up the average Butler, PA (pop. 13,000) police force?

Just imagine for one second, if this was Trump up for reelection running against Biden or Obama. He's behind in the polls and it looks like he'll probably lose. He then makes this same statement and days later some right wing nutjob takes a shot at the Dem nominee and almost kills him. What's the reaction from the left and the media?

Just imagine for one second, if this was Trump up for reelection running against Biden or Obama. He's behind in the polls and it looks like he'll probably lose. He then makes this same statement and days later some right wing nutjob takes a shot at the Dem nominee and almost kills him. What's the reaction from the left and the media?

It's not that difficult to imagine you coming on here and explaining with numerous linked Tweets why it's not at all Trump's fault what some crazy guy did.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
As of right now, all we know is some guy took a shot at Trump and almost killed him
Unless the shooter left a manifesto or something claiming he was gunning for Trump .. do we truly know Trump was the target? He was the most likely target no doubt and with a very high probability but even that's not been actually verified in anyway.

Not trying to start a dumbass conspiracy ... just pointing it out.

We're not even sure if Trump was hit by a bullet or debris. Has a doctor other than his own - who would certainly lie - examined him and made a statement? No. Not that this matters much in the whole scope of things ... doesn't lesson the gravity of the event regardless.

What we know is a young white male, shot at the stage where Trump was speaking. That's it ...

• Haha
Reactions: Hoopsdoc1978
What kind of people do you think make up the average Butler, PA (pop. 13,000) police force?

mall-cop-2_612x380_1-8f1bc968bfee4ca18a85141eb1a95114.jpg

Unless the shooter left a manifesto or something claiming he was gunning for Trump .. do we truly know Trump was the target? He was the most likely target no doubt and with a very high probability but even that's not been actually verified in anyway.

We're not even sure if Trump was hit by a bullet or debris. Has a doctor other than his own - who would certainly lie - examined him and made a statement? No. Not that this matters much in the whole scope of things ... doesn't lesson the gravity of the event regardless.

What we know is a young white male, shot at the stage where Trump was speaking. That's it ...
True, I should have said "All we know is that some guy shot up the Trump rally, and Trump was the likely target."

Explain what you think the reaction would be. I’m interested in stories from Loonyville.

True, I should have said "All we know is that some guy shot up the Trump rally, and Trump was the likely target."
Please. Hitting a target the size of a human head with an AR, using a scope, at 130 yards is a layup. Saying Trump’s head was only a “likely” target is nuts. It was a kill shot, or two.

Center mass could have left trump alive.

Only trump looking left as the trigger was pulled saved the nation from incomprehensible turmoil.

Reactions: BradStevens
Thats what bothers me. It was the IDEAL position to take a shot at Trump. There wasn’t a better spot anywhere in the venue. It’s REALLY REALLY easy to see it as a conspiracy.

Thats why there has to be an investigation.
First, I don't think conspiracy, I think incompetence. That being said, I believe the two snipers with overwatch that they have video of (to Trump's right on the building roof) were the ones who appeared to take the guy out. They were looking over at him before he opened fire. They are the two I am most curious to hear from. What did you see? And if you did see the guy Army crawling on that roof into a firing position, why on earth did you give him time to get a shot off?

Please. Hitting a target the size of a human head with an AR, using a scope, at 130 yards is a layup. Saying Trump’s head was only a “likely” target is nuts. It was a kill shot, or two.

Only trump looking left as the trigger was pulled saved the nation from incomprehensible turmoil.
I wasn't talking to you, Dime Store Rambo ..

I don't converse with weirdos.

They were looking over at him before he opened fire.
So, from the time the shooting started to the time the sniper put one in his dome, was 17 seconds. And the kid was on the opposite side of a gabled roof from the sniper, firing over the top. So the sniper couldn't see his body or anything like that. Just the parts peeking out over the top of the roof: head, rifle, maybe arms depending on how far over he was peeking. It was the smallest target possible.

I'm no expert in counter-assault performance, but to me, finding, identifying, and eliminating the target, from a position in which you can only see his head and rifle, in 17 seconds, well that actually seems impressive to me.

He turned his head to his right causing the bullet to hit his right ear rather than his head. Yes the kid was trying to kill him. Well - 99.999 percent sure.

He turned his head to his right causing the bullet to hit his right ear rather than his head. Yes the kid was trying to kill him. Well - 99.999 percent sure.
Obviously, in real life we all "know" Trump was the target, but TMP was being pedantic, and I always appreciate pedantry. Especially epistemological pedantry.

Probably not. I’m in Cabo drinking all day and night. Pardon anything j say until Friday night.
Have fun.
So, from the time the shooting started to the time the sniper put one in his dome, was 17 seconds. And the kid was on the opposite side of a gabled roof from the sniper, firing over the top. So the sniper couldn't see his body or anything like that. Just the parts peeking out over the top of the roof: head, rifle, maybe arms depending on how far over he was peeking. It was the smallest target possible.

I'm no expert in counter-assault performance, but to me, finding, identifying, and eliminating the target, from a position in which you can only see his head and rifle, in 17 seconds, well that actually seems impressive to me.
They responded so quickly that it lead me to believe they kind of had a bead on him before he fired. They were definitely interested in that direction. We know LE was aware of a potential threat and there were people alerting police to the guy on the roof a bit before he fired. I am just curious what communication was like that day. Did they see him or was it a koinky-dink they were already looking that way.

To me those start getting to the real questions for future engagements. Is there a good communication chain between the locals and Secret Service? Was everyone aware of the threat? If not, why? If they were aware of a threat, why did they not delay Trump's appearance on stage or remove him from stage? Did they attempt that and he said no? Did those guys see him? We're rules of engagement followed if the threat was identified before he fired? If they identified and did not shoot, why? I believe they are allowed to take the shot before he fires if they deem he is threat, did they see him but no gun and therefore held fire?

Things like that are what I would be asking if I was tasked with an after action report.

That’s categorically false. If you’ve never fired a shot in anger you should sit this out.

Before that trigger pull I guarantee that Incel’s pulse rate was well over 150 and he knows that as soon as he squeezes he’s taking incoming. Plus he can be a shite shot. Hitting moving targets isn’t easy at any distance.

Have fun.

They responded so quickly that it lead me to believe they kind of had a bead on him before he fired. They were definitely interested in that direction. We know LE was aware of a potential threat and there were people alerting police to the guy on the roof a bit before he fired. I am just curious what communication was like that day. Did they see him or was it a koinky-dink they were already looking that way.

To me those start getting to the real questions for future engagements. Is there a good communication chain between the locals and Secret Service? Was everyone aware of the threat? If not, why? If they were aware of a threat, why did they not delay Trump's appearance on stage or remove him from stage? Did they attempt that and he said no? Did those guys see him? We're rules of engagement followed if the threat was identified before he fired? If they identified and did not shoot, why? I believe they are allowed to take the shot before he fires if they deem he is threat, did they see him but no gun and therefore held fire?

Things like that are what I would be asking if I was tasked with an after action report.
They very likely had him id’d as a potential threat but couldn’t see a rifle and thus didn’t fire first.

They may also have - at those counter sniper positions - gunshot radar that tells them exactly where it came from. We had that 20 years ago so I’m sure it’s gotten better and more portable.

That’s categorically false. If you’ve never fired a shot in anger you should sit this out.

Before that trigger pull I guarantee that Incel’s pulse rate was well over 150 and he knows that as soon as he squeezes he’s taking incoming. Plus he can be a shite shot. Hitting moving targets isn’t easy at any distance.
So he wasn't the shooter, then?

Excellent. I'll be quoting you in my upcoming book, Who REALLY shot Trump? Why Thomas Crooks was a patsy and who is really behind the end of our democracy?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT