ADVERTISEMENT

Progressive Lies Part #2.

Bureau of Labor Statistics has revised DOWNWARD by 818,000 jobs 'created' March23 -March24.

Lying bastards.
If they wanted to lie why would they release that statistic? Think! Try to look at things logically. The fact is BLS issues revisions up or down every month and every year. Initial numbers are the initial estimate.

Last edited:
Politicians lie??? Do tell
BLS is not made up of politicians. They are mostly economists and statisticians working for the federal government. The history of initial and revised stats are available on the website. It’s very transparent and they have tons of data, statistics, tables, news releases, etc. on their website:

BLS is not made up of politicians. They are mostly economists and statisticians working for the federal government. The history of initial and revised stats are available on the website. It’s very transparent and they have tons of data, statistics, tables, news releases, etc. on their website:

I was being a bit facetious. I had no idea what BLS even was

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
If they wanted to lie why would they release that statistic? Think! Try to look at things logically. The fact is BLS issues revisions up or down every month and every year. Initial numbers are the initial estimate.

To answer your question, because bad news has a hard time catching up to good news, especially when the MSM highlights the original good news, and not the corrections? Have not the estimates for the last year or so been generally more positive than the corrections?

I don't know but I'll bet if you look most of the revisions are downwad. I have read a couple places where they try to time the downward revisions at at time where they will be lost in the shuffle. I've never checked to see if that is true but I wouldn't be surprised at anything that goes on in Washington.

Reactions: DANC
To answer your question, because bad news has a hard time catching up to good news, especially when the MSM highlights the original good news, and not the corrections? Have not the estimates for the last year or so been generally more positive than the corrections?
It works the other way too. Sometimes the revisions are more positive. They get released by BLS and the media reports it in various ways. Seems the revisions are generally reported almost like footnotes. Also, there isn’t always a significant difference so it’s not very exciting. This revision is one of the more significant ones. Unemployment rate is still low, but I’d expect the Fed to finally start cutting rates. They may be a few months late on that.

Reactions: Digressions
Ohhhhh doc. What a life you guys lead. Blissfully ignorant on so much. Young hot chicks just show up at your door under the pretense of “employment.” If only I could’ve gotten past college algebra….
Can’t have fat chicks when we’re trying to promote health, now can we?? I’d review their OnlyFans sites before hiring but I hate having to pay for all that “content”

Don't forget. In the MAGA mind, qualified experts who happen to work for the government are no better than Democrats.

It works the other way too. Sometimes the revisions are more positive. They get released by BLS and the media reports it in various ways. Seems the revisions are generally reported almost like footnotes. Also, there isn’t always a significant difference so it’s not very exciting. This revision is one of the more significant ones. Unemployment rate is still low, but I’d expect the Fed to finally start cutting rates. They may be a few months late on that.
No, It hasn’t ever worked that way. Democrats aren’t going to underestimate the amount of jobs they created in an election year to the degree they overestimated this year.

Last edited:
No, It hasn’t ever worked that way. Democrats aren’t going to underestimate the amount of jobs they created in an election year to the degree they overestimated this year.
Of course it has. The BLS isn't "Democrats." They are government workers who try hard to be impartial - just like the military, the FBI, the CIA (predominately Republican) and most other workers. This idea that the entire government is aligned against the Republicans (or Trump, I guess) is nonsense. Total nonsense.

Just go to the BLS website and look at the history and you'll see revisions up and down, positive and negative for years and years, administrations and administration.

Reactions: Digressions
Of course it has. The BLS isn't "Democrats." They are government workers who try hard to be impartial - just like the military, the FBI, the CIA (predominately Republican) and most other workers. This idea that the entire government is aligned against the Republicans (or Trump, I guess) is nonsense. Total nonsense.

Just go to the BLS website and look at the history and you'll see revisions up and down, positive and negative for years and years, administrations and administration.
Government workers lean left. I linked the information already. Your unwavering love for Democrats is noted.

Government workers lean left. I linked the information already. Your unwavering love for Democrats is noted.
Some do, some don't. It's ridiculous that you try to paint everyone in government as partisan. They just try to do their jobs. If they were Democrats trying to help Harris, they NEVER would have issued that revision. You do understand this, right?

It's even more ridiculous that people can't acknowledge that the military, CIA and FBI have leaned conservative and Republican for decades.

The idea that I have a unwavering love for Democrats is totally asinine. I've argued against Democratic policies for decades here.

Some do, some don't. It's ridiculous that you try to paint everyone in government as partisan. They just try to do their jobs. If they were Democrats trying to help Harris, they NEVER would have issued that revision. You do understand this, right?

It's even more ridiculous that people can't acknowledge that the military, CIA and FBI have leaned conservative and Republican for decades.

The idea that I have an unwavering love for Democrats is totally asinine. I've argued against Democratic policies for decades here.
You’re pretty insulated. Outside of the military, Federal workers are overwhelmingly Democrat.

I don’t paint everyone. An overwhelming majority of Government leans left. It’s a fact. This doesn’t involve the military, CIA, or FBI.

The data is the data. It’s the worse revision in history besides a year that had the GFC. If you want to make the case they’re worthless tits and it’s why they got it that wrong, you might be correct. I think it’s both. They’re incompetent and bias.

You’re pretty insulated. Outside of the military, Federal workers are overwhelmingly Democrat.
Actually, I'm not. DoD isn't. State is. FBI and CIA aren't. Most of the law enforcement agencies aren't. And I know from personal experience that nearly everyone, Democrat or Republican, tries to do their job in a non-partisan way.

Reactions: IUPaterade724
I don’t paint everyone. An overwhelming majority of Government leans left. It’s a fact. This doesn’t involve the military, CIA, or FBI. The data is the data. It’s the worse revision in history besides a year that had the GFC. If you want to make the case they’re worthless tits and it’s why they got it that wrong, you might be correct. I think it’s both. They’re incompetent and bias.
Who does the revision help or hurt? That's all you need to know to know that your argument is wrong.

I don’t paint everyone. An overwhelming majority of Government leans left. It’s a fact. This doesn’t involve the military, CIA, or FBI. The data is the data. It’s the worse revision in history besides a year that had the GFC. If you want to make the case they’re worthless tits and it’s why they got it that wrong, you might be correct. I think it’s both. They’re incompetent and bias.
It’s common sense. If you’re a servant on the general schedule and one admin wants to cut agencies and the other promotes gov expansion who are you going to support

The idea that I have a unwavering love for Democrats is totally asinine. I've argued against Democratic policies for decades here.
The FBI and CIA might have a lot of people who claim to be themselves Republican. But at the end of the day they’re statists. They pretty much have to be.

Bc an incumbent is touting job creation and if it’s illusory that’s damning
Obviously, the revision doesn’t help Harris. If they were partisan Democrats at the BLS they wouldn’t have released that revision. Instead they released the numbers same as they always do.

Who does the revision help or hurt? That's all you need to know to know that your argument is wrong.
At some point they have to tell the truth. You can’t continue the lie. You don’t think Democrats benefited from a year of overstating job growth?

At some point they have to tell the truth. You can’t continue the lie. You don’t think Democrats benefited from a year of overstating job growth?
Even with the revision, the numbers and unemployment rate are good. The initial numbers didn’t need to be higher. It’s just a revision of a very large number of jobs created, so the revision was large too. The constant paranoia and search for conspiracy theories is exhausting. It’s not a good look.

Obviously, the revision doesn’t help Harris. If they were partisan Democrats at the BLS they wouldn’t have released that revision. Instead they released the numbers same as they always do.
i don't believe in any conspiracy. i believe this iteration of our gov is supremely inept. inertia

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT