ADVERTISEMENT

Road to the MAC I know but……..

This is right up there with some of the most cringe posts ever on here. So with that, congratulations I guess.

I understand, but he’s also not wrong. IU fans believe they are the moral arbiters of college basketball. The media tells us that we are the most knowledgeable fans while we eat our own (Woodson). The rest of college basketball has been laughing at us for two decades while cutting down nets.
You're certainly not wrong. Your method of communicating it and intentions are vastly different than that bozo.

Idk if he got it or not but they didn’t buy him to sign. Kinda like the true NiL was meant to be.
Ha He is Canadian so he couldn't cash in on US NIL. We'll see how that logic pans out for PU over time.

There's too much money involved to go back to the way things used to be. I suppose you can follow a D2 or D3 school for student athletes. Some changes such as multiyear contracts would go a long way to cleaning up the portal mess. Maybe the top few conferences could agree to a salary cap. And these players should be employees and get rid of the school requirements.

Was it beneath us to start shooting shots behind that line they placed at the top of the key?

That was certainly not how Indiana played basketball or rcruited players. Horrors.

As I read this never ending drivel I instantly recognized this post was a not so subtle way a rival fan would try to passive aggressively make condescending remarks about another program. Almost as if a Boiler had read about IU acquiring the #1 portal talent just a few hours ago and you wanted to vent your anger while pretending to play coy.

Do you think we're unable to see your historical posts and recognize your infatuation with Purdue and constant bashing of posters on the forum? Ha. Stay mad.
I always get a kick out of posters that think they are good writers but screw it up every single time. Remember arcb10200? The same.

He is on campus, he turns into a stud and he gets paid.
That’s different than giving him $1.2 mil to come to your school. See the difference?
I can’t read his mind, but I have to think he wanted to come back to win , that there was some unfinished business.

I’m sure if he was just chasing money he could have gone somewhere else and made more,

Just guessing though.

Reactions: bsmitty08
I can’t read his mind, but I have to think he wanted to come back to win , that there was some unfinished business.

I’m sure if he was just chasing money he could have gone somewhere else and made more,

Just guessing though.
I can see not wanting the FDU debacle to be the last thing in his memories of college. National runner-up does that pretty well, even with some disappointment that they didn't win it all.

Reactions: .Gerdis
Simply put, Pandora's box has been opened in college athletics.NIL plus freedom of movement is where we are. What that looks like 10 years from now, how it evolves from here is anyone's guess, but one thing its not doing is going back to the way things were.
Yep. Remember when the lottery was all about money for education? No one seems to care that it is a tax on the poor, but you wait in line at the gas station to pay for coffee while lottery tickets are sold. Then there are OK drugs "no worse than alcohol." Not against athletes harvesting money for their efforts, but it will be very assymetric. But, don't pull on Superman's cape.

That’s different than giving him $1.2 mil to come to your school. See the difference?
Then he is leaving and pu finds the money to get him to stay.

You can't be this dumb??

Reactions: YOTHN
They will get kids they have always got and develop and then pay once they are there
Sure, we'll see about that. You keep using the past as an example of what will happen in the future. What has happened in the past, isn't truly plausible going forward. That is the entire point here.

Reactions: bawlmer
Idk if he got it or not but they didn’t buy him to sign. Kinda like the true NiL was meant to be.
Hey, look everyone, smitty finally admits he doesn't know something.

Please tell us what "true NiL" was meant to be. Let me guess: the way Purdue does it is good and the way IU does it is bad. And there is a difference between the way IU did it with Myles Rice and the way Purdue did it with Lance Jones.

Hey, look everyone, smitty finally admits he doesn't know something.

Please tell us what "true NiL" was meant to be. Let me guess: the way Purdue does it is good and the way IU does it is bad. And there is a difference between the way IU did it with Myles Rice and the way Purdue did it with Lance Jones.
NIL was originally around college players being compensated while in college for the school making money off the players Name, image and likeness. It was never for pay for play…if you dont like my reasoning go see Nick Saban, Lane Kiffin comments on it.

Reactions: Zero Credibility
Did they buy him to stay? How much difference is there?
The difference is he roots for one school, so he is ok with it. The school he roots against (IU) he dislikes whatever approach that is.

You presume we’re actually competent enough to “buy back our relevance”. I’m not convinced. CMW is still employed…
I think it’s great that Woodson is getting the players he’s getting this offseason, but I still need to see him do something with them. Last season was tough to watch and I wouldn’t have been heartbroken to see Woodson go. TJD covered a lot of weaknesses.

Reactions: YOTHN
The difference is he roots for one school, so he is ok with it. The school he roots against (IU) he dislikes whatever approach that is.
Maybe, but I agree with him on many of his criticisms of IU & Woody in particular, even to the point I think our current recruiting approach stinks for many reasons, but the claim that PU doesn’t do it seems off the mark…

Maybe, but I agree with him on many of his criticisms of IU & Woody in particular, even to the point I think our current recruiting approach stinks for many reasons, but the claim that PU doesn’t do it seems off the mark…
Right but his approach is always to complain and sew anger for the program on the forum. That's always been his M.O.

Personally, I don't care how we recruit, I just care that it's within the rules and we win. Good or bad recruits, I don't care.

I think it’s great that Woodson is getting the players he’s getting this offseason, but I still need to see him do something with them. Last season was tough to watch and I wouldn’t have been heartbroken to see Woodson go. TJD covered a lot of weaknesses.
Agreed. It's all fluff if it doesn't end with results. I'm not hopeful it will work well but I'm rooting for CMW to find a way.

NIL was originally around college players being compensated while in college for the school making money off the players Name, image and likeness. It was never for pay for play…if you dont like my reasoning go see Nick Saban, Lane Kiffin comments on it.
If that were true, the schools would be the ones doing the paying.

Every college NIL deal is pay for play. You think Edey got paid because he's cute? He got paid because he played basketball.

If you think Purdue will be more successful with a mid major development plan, okay. We will see. But mid majors haven't been winning championships.

• Haha
Reactions: Zero Credibility
Not shouting at clouds here.
Not starting an inane poll.

I’m just curious to hear who among us here is willing to stand up and say something different than “this is the new reality”/get over it/“pay to win” mantra that seems to pervade this board.

Is any of this beneath anyone?
Unsavory?
Disrespectful of nearly everything we have ever stood for?

And the consequence of not playing the current game?
Lesser conference? Non stop NIT’s??

Is it possible to be “Principled and successful” on some level or is it win at all and any financial or moral cost? 6th Banner at any cost?
And what does that bought Banner eventually taste like when change finally comes?
And it will.

Hard to root for soon?

Is this all necessary evil to buy back our relevance?

Try to be serious and well reasoned in your response because I’m not starting a fight here.
Just taking the temp.

Dead serious question.

Ready……….Go………..
I've given it some thought to your question and have reached out for help from someone uniquely qualified to discuss this with you

Congratulations. POTFB.

Coach-em up, Woodson.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT