ADVERTISEMENT

Republican Georgia election official calls on Trump and GOP to stop inciting violence

Which political position other than potus “takes hundreds of millions of dollars to win”? smh

Biden’s generally been the lesser of abusers of the post. You and Ranger went full FOS on this false equivalence. I get your conservative lean. Not the same as disregarding truth. Tells me you buy into the gop spin machine more than you let on. So be it.
the 2020 election will eclipse 14 billion dollars. approximately 7 billion for the presidential race and 7 billion for congress. dems have spent almost twice that of republicans. numerous candidates have raised over 100 million

the 2020 election will eclipse 14 billion dollars. approximately 7 billion for the presidential race and 7 billion for congress. dems have spent almost twice that of republicans. numerous candidates have raised over 100 million
100M is not 100s of M.

I’m thankful, though. A fool and his money are soon parted.

100M is not 100s of M.

I’m thankful, though. A fool and his money are soon parted.
sc race 164 million. nc race 265 million. iowa race 218 million. 7 billion dollars for congressional seats to be "public servants."

Last edited:
it's sure as shit not public service. no one raises 100 million dollars to get a job in "public service."
I know you didn't mean for last sentence to draw a lot of conversation but I did think about it for like a whole 5 minutes. Which is a lot, considering this call i'm on is an hour long and I only have to listen for my name.

When I think of public service i think of firemen, police, soldiers, etc. Very few of those people have to deal with the public scrutiny of a public official. They also can't go to work everyday and call people names, lie, cheat, etc and not get fired. But I digress.

So why aren't congress critters acting like public servants? Gerrymandering. Simply that. They can get elected again and again and again without ever having to actually do anything (except demonizing the other side, of course). It has to be fixed. Thinking about it, considering how congress would then have to move to the proverbial "middle" to get elected, there might not be as many grifters interested in doing the job. Might be able to get some actual "public servants" into those roles.

Reactions: cosmickid
lol 1-0. You score like a soccer team.
You don’t deserve an intellectual reply. Biden has been a worthless senator, much like most career senators, his entire career. He’s also been a key component of disastrous bills and I owe him nothing.

I expect more of my leaders. Why don’t you?

lmao okay. fair enough. 7 billion dollars for congressional seats to be "public servants."
It’s just money, another economic sector. IMO incumbents shouldn’t even be allowed to campaign. Their work should speak for itself. Far more rational solution than term limits.

I know you didn't mean for last sentence to draw a lot of conversation but I did think about it for like a whole 5 minutes. Which is a lot, considering this call i'm on is an hour long and I only have to listen for my name.

When I think of public service i think of firemen, police, soldiers, etc. Very few of those people have to deal with the public scrutiny of a public official. They also can't go to work everyday and call people names, lie, cheat, etc and not get fired. But I digress.

So why aren't congress critters acting like public servants? Gerrymandering. Simply that. They can get elected again and again and again without ever having to actually do anything (except demonizing the other side, of course). It has to be fixed. Thinking about it, considering how congress would then have to move to the proverbial "middle" to get elected, there might not be as many grifters interested in doing the job. Might be able to get some actual "public servants" into those roles.
my definition of public servants matches yours. not people who raise 265 million dollars for one seat

It’s just money, another economic sector. IMO incumbents shouldn’t even be allowed to campaign. Their work should speak for itself. Far more rational solution than term limits.
they are all grifters. the nc senate race cost 265 million dollars. no one who takes that seat is a public servant. these people are all narcissistic grifters and the notion that somehow one party is superior to the other is absurd.

You don’t deserve an intellectual reply.
I wasn’t expecting one. Fool me once...

Biden has been a worthless senator, much like most career senators, his entire career. He’s also been a key component of disastrous bills and I owe him nothing.

I expect more of my leaders. Why don’t you?
A single senator is limited. Biden is one of the few remaining politicians who communicates across the aisle. You’re not giving anything specific to Biden. Your statements are generic fill-in-the-blank disrespect for politicians.

He voted for bad bills says nothing.

I have no master, & in spite of the convenience it would provide your narrow, simple minded view of people, not everyone who thinks you’re a liar & a fool voted for or supported Trump...
OK, masterless complex minded sage, give us your insights on why your master is screwing up so many things, and constantly lying! Let us know when he hits the 10,000 lie count. Or, has he already passed? I've been avoiding him whenever possible.

He voted for bad bills says nothing.
Says the guy who thinks everything is just hunky dory except for his own off the wall batshit crazy ideas.

Yes - I have a healthy disrespect for lifelong politicians of all parties. They’re leeches, plain and simple.

Reactions: Spartans9312
they are all grifters. the nc senate race cost 265 million dollars. no one who takes that seat is a public servant. these people are all narcissistic grifters and the notion that somehow one party is superior to the other is absurd.
I don’t think it’s true they’re all grifters. Making money by selling books or speaking engagements isn’t grifting.

The system is definitely flawed. McCain tried hard to eliminate earmarks. That alone could change the system in a noteworthy way.

Last edited:
Says the guy who thinks everything is just hunky dory except for his own off the wall batshit crazy ideas.
lol 2-0. Your goalie’s slipping. This is turning into a rout.

You’ve pigeonholed me like you did Biden. I think both parties are roughly half right, half wrong. I think the two right halves could be combined compatibly. And I think this is a dying civilization, long term. In a nutshell.

Hope that helps.

Not an apples to apple comparison, at least in recent history. While I'm sympathetic to your disdain for politicians, the GOP has really been exposed over the past several years. While there are certainly pols on the Democratic side that don't pass the smell test, the GOP has set all-time highs for leaders who care more about their own ambitions than our country's success. It's far too easy to stand back and blame both sides for our current situation. The truth is, the GOP nominated, elected, and stood by the most inept and corrupt POTUS in history. It reminds me of the following quote from The Big Bang Theory (not a fan, but I do appreciate this line from the show):

Stuart: Oh, Sheldon, I'm afraid you couldn't be more wrong.
Sheldon: More wrong? Wrong is an absolute state and not subject to gradation.
Stuart: Of course it is. It's a little wrong to say a tomato is a vegetable, it's very wrong to say it's a suspension bridge.

We should be suspicious of all politicians, but the ones representing the GOP are especially rotten.

lol 2-0. Your goalie’s slipping. This is turning into a rout
lol 2-0. Your goalie’s slipping. This is turning into a rout.

You’ve pigeonholed me like you did Biden. I think both parties are roughly half right, half wrong. I think the two right halves could be combined compatibly. And I think this is a dying civilization, long term. In a nutshell.

Hope that helps.
All that would “help” is for you to put me on Ignore.

Not an apples to apple comparison, at least in recent history. While I'm sympathetic to your disdain for politicians, the GOP has really been exposed over the past several years. While there are certainly pols on the Democratic side that don't pass the smell test, the GOP has set all-time highs for leaders who care more about their own ambitions than our country's success. It's far too easy to stand back and blame both sides for our current situation. The truth is, the GOP nominated, elected, and stood by the most inept and corrupt POTUS in history. It reminds me of the following quote from The Big Bang Theory (not a fan, but I do appreciate this line from the show):

Stuart: Of course it is. It's a little wrong to say a tomato is a vegetable, it's very wrong to say it's a suspension bridge.

We should be suspicious of all politicians, but the ones representing the GOP are especially rotten.
Well trump alone has certainly tipped the scales. Ugh

Reactions: Circlejoe
Get rid of all them from both parties.

There is an interesting fracture (or is fissure the right word) that I'm getting from my republican friends.

They're breaking off and going full on backing of Trump.

It's amazing how so many of that group have now turned on Fox while lumping them into the anti-Trump conspiracy (with the exceptions of Graham, Tucker, Hannity and Levin, but fox is liberal fake news in their point of view).

As a liberal outsider, I'm curious how the big wigs at Trump counter his attack. Do they fight back and dirty? Do they make a superman out of a guy like Dan Crenshaw?

Just curious if Trump keeps poking the bear that made him if it's the fox that ends up killing him, especially when he goes over to a competitor like Oann or Newsmax.

But I digress, my main point is it 'feelz' like some Trumpicans are breaking off.

Your post hinted of that movement. Curious if it's a real movement.

How much of that money has gone to Trump family's personal pocket?

24 hour cable news, opinion masquerading as a "news" show have turned politicians into reality TV stars. No wonder we got Trump. Hell, George Clooney flirted with running. WTF?. Sure, Trump is awful - but what if he's just the beginning of the "celebrity" president.

I think i just vomited in my mouth....yep...I did.

It could get worse. The playing field for politicians used to be elections and the floor of the house or senate. You might get some run in a local newspaper, or a national one if you did something truly great or truly awful. But that was it. Now, they are 24/7 tweeting and lobbing bombs back and forth at one another. Trump didn't start it but he threw the gas on it.

How do we reel it back in? I'm with you to an extent. The republicans are leading in the insanity column right now, but that pendulum could swing in the other direction too. I fear the genie is out of the bottle until something drastic happens. Reminds me of baseball in the early 90's. Maybe we need a strike and rampant steroid use to right the ship. Just spitballing.

There is an interesting fracture (or is fissure the right word) that I'm getting from my republican friends.

It's amazing how so many of that group have now turned on Fox while lumping them into the anti-Trump conspiracy (with the exceptions of Graham, Tucker, Hannity and Levin, but fox is liberal fake news in their point of view).

As a liberal outsider, I'm curious how the big wigs at Trump counter his attack. Do they fight back and dirty? Do they make a superman out of a guy like Dan Crenshaw?

Just curious if Trump keeps poking the bear that made him if it's the fox that ends up killing him, especially when he goes over to a competitor like Oann or Newsmax.

But I digress, my main point is it 'feelz' like some Trumpicans are breaking off.

Trump's messaging resonated with millions upon millions of americans. make america great again. make products in america. bring jobs back. chrysler have your plants here in the states. cut taxes. dereg so businesses can thrive. let's not be the policeman to the world. but let's have the best military in the world. let's make other countries pay for what we give them. lets fix our shitty trade deals where we get the raw end of the stick. it evoked nostalgia and echoed the sentiment of millions upon millions of americans at all levels of education and income, whether it was truthful or misguided on policy. lots of folks still believe in those things so still believe in trump. if another republican or independent comes along with a big personality that preaches all that stuff and the media provides lots of tv time the voters will go to him/her.

the messenger flamed out as a whacko but the message still rings true to people. just need a new messenger to carry the torch

Last edited:

Another reason is competition. Indiana's GOP put up three cookiecutter candidates for Senate last time. All ran on pro-Trump platforms. Braun won, and essentially has shown us nothing except he lived up to his pro-Trump platform. They were too busy asking Trump the best way to kiss his ass to even think about how to be a public servant.

A true public servant in Congress would occasionally make an independent decision based on his intelligence and conscience regardless whether it aligned with his party. But, remember what Trump and his minions did to McCain even after he was dead? That's acceptable now. Many don't want to risk that by taking even a slightly independent position.

And, both parties are not shy about importing a complete stranger into a state to run for Representative to "represent" that state in Congress. Trey Hollingsworth lived in Indiana less than one year of his entire life when he announced his candidacy for Indiana-9. He was well financed, so he won. But there was no way he was ever going to be a public servant to represent Indiana's best interests.

And, they all say the same thing: "We have to act this way or we'd never get elected in the first place." Fake politicians are 1000 times worse than any allegedly fake news sources.

No matter what you think you know about old school newspapers, every sizeable city had at least two of them. For example, the "Democrat" newspaper, The Indianapolis News, did not fold until 1999. Politically interested people often read both. Journalists policed their newspapers in those days far more than Twitter, Facebook or Parler police their content today. There was far more intelligent balance from two competing paper newspapers in the old days than there is with countless bullshit Internet "sources" that allow anything and everything to be disseminated with no screening whatsoever.

God help us.

Reactions: larsIU
Trump's messaging resonated with millions upon millions of americans. make america great again. make products in america. bring jobs back. chrysler have your plants here in the states. cut taxes. dereg so businesses can thrive. let's not be the policeman to the world. but let's have the best military in the world. let's make other countries pay for what we give them. lets fix our shitty trade deals where we get the raw end of the stick. it evoked nostalgia and echoed the sentiment of millions upon millions of americans at all levels of education and income, whether it was truthful or misguided on policy. lots of folks still believe in those things so still believe in trump. if another republican or independent comes along with a big personality that preaches all that stuff and the media provides lots of tv time the voters will go to him/her.

the messenger flamed out as a whacko but the message still rings true to people. just need a new messenger to carry the torch
donald-trump-president-camacho-idiocracy-slice.jpg

Reactions: mcmurtry66

Here’s deal with me. The election is over and Biden with be president on the 20th. I believe (and I don’t need to be told I am a blathering idiot) that there was enough fraud to cost Trump the election. I hope an effort is made to review the questions and insure they don’t come up in 2022.

I’ll snipe at Biden when I disagree. The WC liberals will call me an idiot but I will do it anyway.

I hope GA does us all a favor and puts at least one of the Republicans in the senate. If they don’t, I believe lots of stuff will be enacted that will make antiTrump voters wish they had held their noses and voted for Trump. We shall see. Maybe Biden and Kamala after Joe dies or resigns will govern like a Clinton.

Why do I get the feeling you haven’t done your due diligence on vetting Biden for the job of Senate or POTUS?

Did Biden finally decide which one he was running for? He misspoke a few times. Misspoke will be used a lot going forward.

Based on?

Everything I’ve watched and listened to. It does no good to argue with you folks. You believe every witness who has provided sworn affidavits is lying. The tape from GA shows it all. I don’t give a damn if the containers were legit. When you sent everyone home those folks should have went too. Why should I believe they’re honest?

Everything I’ve watched and listened to. It does no good to argue with you folks. You believe every witness who has provided sworn affidavits is lying. The tape from GA shows it all. I don’t give a damn if the containers were legit. When you sent everyone home those folks should have went too. Why should I believe they’re honest?
you keep doin you stoll. someone should take a flamethrower to this place. today's my last day on the board. i've got to get back to work. you take care and don't let these coksuc*kers get ya down pal.

All that would “help” is for you to put me on Ignore.
Lol. I have no need. I enjoy your posts. I Ignore those who clutter my reading space. Note that I haven’t insulted you as you did me. I just disagree with your blanket dismissal of politicians, especially Biden.

Well. Where do you want to begin? Perhaps the compelling posts of one mass-a-suta? Or perhaps you prefer the political dark arts.... you can find the truth in either

Just asking. Do you believe it’s all a joke? You believe the percentages of votes thrown out with many more million mail in ballots makes sense? You believe all the witnesses with sworn testimony are wackos and lying? You believe it was okay in the video in GA to run everyone out of the room and 4 people remain and count votes?

What I believe today I would have laughed my ass off at myself for believing it 3-5 years ago. I believe the Dems were so crazy antiTrump that they would do anything. I think some things that happened in the election make no sense.

I don’t care if everyone in the US votes by mail in ballot. But they need a copy of photo ID taken when they registered with the signed ballot and the signature needs to be compared to a signature on an in person registration. You go to the license branch to have a picture taken to get a license. Why the hell can’t you make an effort to do the same thing to vote? I don’t need to hear crying you’re trying to suppress the vote. You want to vote make an effort to vote.

you keep doin you stoll. someone should take a flamethrower to this place. today's my last day on the board. i've got to get back to work. you take care and don't let these coksuc*kers get ya down pal.

Damn you can’t leave. A voice of reason from all the cocksuc*kers. 😂

Just asking. Do you believe it’s all a joke? You believe the percentages of votes thrown out with many more million mail in ballots makes sense? You believe all the witnesses with sworn testimony are wackos and lying? You believe it was okay in the video in GA to run everyone out of the room and 4 people remain and count votes?

What I believe today I would have laughed my ass off at myself for believing it 3-5 years ago. I believe the Dems were so crazy antiTrump that they would do anything. I think some things that happened in the election make no sense.

I don’t care if everyone in the US votes by mail in ballot. But they need a copy of photo ID taken when they registered with the signed ballot and the signature needs to be compared to a signature on an in person registration. You go to the license branch to have a picture taken to get a license. Why the hell can’t you make an effort to do the same thing to vote? I don’t need to hear crying you’re trying to suppress the vote. You want to vote make an effort to vote.
i believe there was some voter fraud. i believe there's always some voter fraud and given the vagaries of this goofy election there was probably more fraud than usual. i don't believe there was enough fraud to remotely come close to being material. i believe biden won and won by a fair amount. i believe the lawsuits are being thrown out because they don't have evidence to support the claims nor the prayers for relief. i believe the judges are fair and impartial and the trump campaign's got nothin. time to concede and live to fight another day - with a candidate that believes a lot of what trump campaigned on but isn't crazy like trump.

i'll add one thing stoll. i really hated that lady screaming nooooooo after trump won. and i really hated all these aholes saying "not my president" and "i'll move to canada etc." doesn't work like that. or these athletes refusing to go to the white house. it's bullshit. you respect the office regardless of who is in it and you respect certain decorums and institutions. i really thought low of the democrats and their behavior. what trump is doing with this fraud claim and not being cooperative is worse than that. it's really despicable. and it's wrong.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT