ADVERTISEMENT

Remiss if we didn't give props to the students

Courtsensetwo

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Oct 16, 2004
I have been highly critical of the students the past few years calling for Fred and now Scott to sell some of their 8K+ seats.

They did a great job Wednesday

Given many had been sitting in a frozen line since they got up from Thanksgiving dinner, they looked a little rough (even the best looking coeds in the BIG) and bet they didn't smell so great but they were loud and proud.

Nice job!!

I have been highly critical of the students the past few years calling for Fred and now Scott to sell some of their 8K+ seats.

Given many had been sitting in a frozen line since they got up from Thanksgiving dinner, they looked a little rough (even the best looking coeds in the BIG) and bet they didn't smell so great but they were loud and proud.

Nice job!!
Most of ‘em even put their teeth in, which was greatly appreciated by the television producers, I’m told.

Nice job!!
Crowd was definitely into it. They need to bring it EVERY game.

Nice job!!
Yes BUT they need to show every game.

And stop the vulgar chants.

Smart kids can surely come up with creative chants instead of F U chants.

Yea I know, classy is so out of style.
Always been partial to "WHOOP, there it is!" Song release in '93 changed it to 'whoomp' but back in the day it was 'whoop' and a much-favored cheer during BB games.

Always been partial to "WHOOP, there it is!" Song release in '93 changed it to 'whoomp' but back in the day it was 'whoop' and a much-favored cheer during BB games.
I can’t stand Duke but their students do some great stuff.

As compared to Purdue students who chant F IU even when we’re not playing them.

I’d rather our students copy Duke. I think the pithy stuff can get under the skin of the opposing team more than F U.

Reactions: kkott

I’d rather our students copy Duke. I think the pithy stuff can get under the skin of the opposing team more than F U.
Definitely. FU is an incentive, goal should be/is the opposite. Profanity is generally the refuge of dim-witted unimaginative creatures. Has it's place and can be satisfying to use, but for most it's a crutch.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
Definitely. FU is an incentive, goal should be/is the opposite. Profanity is generally the refuge of dim-witted unimaginative creatures. Has it's place and can be satisfying to use, but for most it's a crutch.

Smart people also use the phrase #$%& off.

Reactions: Crayfish57
Smart kids can surely come up with creative chants instead of F U chants.

Yea I know, classy is so out of style.
There isn’t much organization with the IU students and never has been so the group follows whatever seems easy. Hopefully we don’t hear that any time soon.

Reactions: stollcpa
Yes — the incessant props to how well we travel and how cool the scene is in town for home games et al.

Balloons and flowers cupcake.

Because you tell us ur all grown up — no reason to disbelieve.
But those of us
as old or older actually know.

And yea I still have my tickets.

Give it a rest.

Yes — the incessant props to how well we travel and how cool the scene is in town for home games et al.

Balloons and flowers cupcake.

Because you tell us ur all grown up — no reason to disbelieve.
But those of us
as old or older actually know.

And yea I still have my tickets.

Give it a rest.
IU loses big game. Run to IU board.
You seem bitter.

IU had more fans in KS today than you will have at your own game in Indy tonight

Have a seat Cletus.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT