ADVERTISEMENT

If we beat Cuse

0-2 against one of your own regional campuses. More embarrassing than UM losing to Youngstown St at the Big House.
that was a trap game on the road, with the IU-hating, former Purdue player (Scott) having the game of his life. Could sense midway through the first half that IU was in trouble (and overrated).

But worse than losing to Youngstown State...at home...in front of 105K homers? C'mon, let's be reasonable.

that was a trap game on the road, with the IU-hating, former Purdue player (Scott) having the game of his life. Could sense midway through the first half that IU was in trouble (and overrated).

But worse than losing to Youngstown State...at home...in front of 105K homers? C'mon, let's be reasonable.
As a single game, maybe not. But having coming off a win against a top 5 team on a neutral court, being ranked #3 (I don’t know how much we were actually overrated, Crean just lost the team; plenty of talent there), and playing our own regional campus as a favor to them. And to follow up the next year getting absolutely trounced by them at home? Sometimes oblong balls bounce weird. But going 0-fer against IPFW is pretty rough. Maybe if Fife had still been coaching them it would have been easier to swallow.

As a single game, maybe not. But having coming off a win against a top 5 team on a neutral court, being ranked #3 (I don’t know how much we were actually overrated, Crean just lost the team; plenty of talent there), and playing our own regional campus as a favor to them. And to follow up the next year getting absolutely trounced by them at home? Sometimes oblong balls bounce weird. But going 0-fer against IPFW is pretty rough. Maybe if Fife had still been coaching them it would have been easier to swallow.
Next yr was on Archie. Beginning of the 4 yr disaster. Didn’t OG’s knee give out mid-yr and we lost him for the season? Still with the talent on the team. Let’s be honest CTC sucked starting with the Cuse game except one yr when Yogi played like Kal El.

Next yr was on Archie. Beginning of the 4 yr disaster. Didn’t OG’s knee give out mid-yr and we lost him for the season? Still with the talent on the team. Let’s be honest CTC sucked starting with the Cuse game except one yr when Yogi played like Kal El.
I knew we were in trouble when Temple threw some zone at us the game before. Hard to believe he coached under Izzo. I am still appreciative of the work he did bringing us out of the Sampson fire.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
I knew we were in trouble when Temple threw some zone at us the game before. Hard to believe he coached under Izzo. I am still appreciative of the work he did bringing us out of the Sampson fire.
I really don’t understand why so many are “appreciative” of crean. There is no chance if you gave me that opportunity I would have done worse in my first three years. 99% chance Cody would have came if I was the coach as well. 99.5% he would have came if you were the coach.

Reactions: Lucy01
most def sarcasm....just reliving that 2013 game in my head and getting pissed off yet again.
You and me both.

I was in Louisville that night at a hotel (we had a death in the family and the funeral was the following day) and besides battling frustration that Cody wouldn't take that FT line jumper available :)mad:) I had to hear it from all the U of L family members who then were really talking shit when we got together that summer after winning the Natty.

Only consolation since has been hookergate and that they had 2013 taken away. After all the brutal shit they dished out I will NEVER let them live that one down.;)

I really don’t understand why so many are “appreciative” of crean. There is no chance if you gave me that opportunity I would have done worse in my first three years. 99% chance Cody would have came if I was the coach as well. 99.5% he would have came if you were the coach.
Imagine Crean's record WITHOUT Cody? Uggh . . . 😲

its just such a ****ed up narrative IMo…..

Guy literally chucked a potted plant at him. He comes in and thinks he his mr Rodgers and all these weed smokers are criminals. Then fast forward 5-6 years later, he is captain of the all drunk team. More arrests in a year span than any point in IU basketball history by a mile.

He was a used cars salesman, and some mother****ers are still shoppin at the crean lot!!!

Reactions: jimmygoiu
You and me both.

I was in Louisville that night at a hotel (we had a death in the family and the funeral was the following day) and besides battling frustration that Cody wouldn't take that FT line jumper available :)mad:) I had to hear it from all the U of L family members who then were really talking shit when we got together that summer after winning the Natty.

Only consolation since has been hookergate and that they had 2013 taken away. After all the brutal shit they dished out I will NEVER let them live that one down.;)

I really hope a player comes out in 5-10 years and gives every detail of what happened at LOU those years. Now that is a 30 for 30 id pay fiddy bucks to watch.

Reactions: Tasmanian Devil
its just such a ****ed up narrative IMo…..

Guy literally chucked a potted plant at him. He comes in and thinks he his mr Rodgers and all these weed smokers are criminals. Then fast forward 5-6 years later, he is captain of the all drunk team. More arrests in a year span than any point in IU basketball history by a mile.

He was a used cars salesman, and some mother****ers are still shoppin at the crean lot!!!
He didn’t necessarily think they were criminals, but their proclivity for the hippy lettuce combined with a demonstrated indifference to their academic obligations created a situation that required wholesale cleaning. Crean was a phony who hoodwinked Phony Fred out of a huge contract, but he wasn’t wrong when he demanded a higher standard from those wearing the uniform and representing our University. Of course, Crean was oblivious to stuff going on right in front of him, primarily because he was looking in the mirror and practicing his interviews rather than actually leading the program effectively.

We compounded a bad hire with another bad hire, then wondered why our once proud program became an also-ran. Leadership matters, and we had precious little of it at the coach and AD positions.

would have cost CTC/save IU millions...without Cody (and Yogi) he never would have survived until 2017. Anyone who watched the 2013-2014 season with an open mind could tell that he had hit his ceiling courtesy of Mr Zeller.

might even be able to make an angle that it could have cost us Brad...but that door is closed permanently in my head and I'm not re-visiting it ever again.

Last edited:
I love how fans are seemingly being reasonable with Woodson. There isn’t the same cult feelings as there were with Crean and Archie. No title guarantees or statue plans. No Hall of Fame talk before the first game. No one beating their chest to other programs. This is a very welcomed change after almost 15 years of delusions.
have you been reading Cav's posts? Apparently not

Hillbilly isn;t defined by talk or speak. It's defined by gross rubian ignorance, a belief in an extinct traditionalism and lack of effective hygiene. doesn't matter if they call themselves SS, Taliban, ISIS or Maga .. same type of people same ignorance, same lack of hygien
must be difficult to climb all the way up on that horse....

Okay, though imitation is the greatest form of flattery, I really don't want your hillbilly ass hanging on my nutz.

So stop trying.... I don;t speak or converse with slack jawed inbreds, I only ridicule them because it's what they deserve...

so, F.O. then E.S.A.D. but have a nice day.

You're dismissed.
nice to know you know the big words... but can you spell them???

you must be joking.... of course you're not

ADVERTISEMENT