ADVERTISEMENT

Redding

Redding's vision or reading his blocks has improved quite a bit since the first part of the season. A couple of his cut backs illustrated his improvements, lets face it he's not a Coleman and Howard is not either nor vice versa but Redding is becoming a nice running back and one thing it looks like all the backs have learned some techniques from Howard which is a good thing. Note I am slower than molasses so take my opinion for what its worth:p

Reactions: RBB89
Seems like some posters are down on Redding. Dude has over 500 yards as a backup. Plus has been capable in the passing game as well. Glad he's here, getting good experience as a backup. I think those who predict if Howard leaves there will be no rushing attack, just aren't being honest with themselves.
I was too early in the season but he's gotten better every game. He's more of an asset now and he should be a better player next year if he continues to improve like he has. If Howard is back next year and all the backups continue to improve like they have than IU going to have a great running game unless the passing game is so bad that opposing teams can concentrate on defending our run. I don't think that will be the case. My concern is still on defense. It's better than it has been but it's still bad. It has to get better and at least be an average defense next year. If it is than IU has a very good shot at consecutive bowls and that will be a big deal.

Also averaged over 4 yards per carry last year on 29 carries. As a true Frosh I think. Those blasting him probably are CKW haters too.
Didn't your momma teach you not to use the word 'hate'...........grow up

I was too early in the season but he's gotten better every game. He's more of an asset now and he should be a better player next year if he continues to improve like he has. If Howard is back next year and all the backups continue to improve like they have than IU going to have a great running game unless the passing game is so bad that opposing teams can concentrate on defending our run. I don't think that will be the case. My concern is still on defense. It's better than it has been but it's still bad. It has to get better and at least be an average defense next year. If it is than IU has a very good shot at consecutive bowls and that will be a big deal.

Some forget that he only had 29 carries last year, so he didn't come into this year with much experience. He definitely seemed to get better as the season went on, especially when Howard was out and he started getting the majority of the snaps.

More snaps = improved play, who would have thought?

I think most on here have been pleased with Redding's play considering he is a back-up. I know i have. I doubt there are many back-ups in the country that have as many yards as Redding.

Howard is a great back. Only one poster seemed to think the offense shouldn't miss a beat if he wasn't in the game. Haven't seen him post since Redding's game Saturday.

Redding's vision or reading his blocks has improved quite a bit since the first part of the season. A couple of his cut backs illustrated his improvements, lets face it he's not a Coleman and Howard is not either nor vice versa but Redding is becoming a nice running back and one thing it looks like all the backs have learned some techniques from Howard which is a good thing. Note I am slower than molasses so take my opinion for what its worth:p
He does have good vision in open space, that's why it is frustrating when we call running plays to the short side of the field. I think that's how Jordan Howard got hurt. He got caught in a crowd by the sideline.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT