ADVERTISEMENT

Really thinking about starting my own Religion....

El Drado

Junior
Apr 14, 2011
Anybody have experience in doing this, i feel like there will be some red tape and i will have to get some lawyers involved.
Anyone having questions about their own religion currently, and are looking around just feel free to ask.
Thinking about naming it Absurdism.....so if there are any graphic designers feel free to come up with a logo.
fwiw.....there won't be services, tithes, snakes, or weird sexual stuff........however, if you do use the word "bozo" in your vocabulary it probably won't be for you.

i'm calling mine commonsensism

though i'm afraid i won't be able to find any

635711907185434899-062915cannabis-church.jpg
cannabis-church.jpg

Anybody have experience in doing this, i feel like there will be some red tape and i will have to get some lawyers involved.
Anyone having questions about their own religion currently, and are looking around just feel free to ask.
Thinking about naming it Absurdism.....so if there are any graphic designers feel free to come up with a logo.
fwiw.....there won't be services, tithes, snakes, or weird sexual stuff........however, if you do use the word "bozo" in your vocabulary it probably won't be for you.
I made the decision to leave the United Methodist Church Easter morning after attending the Easter vigil the night before at a Catholic church. The Methodist Church will eventually make congregations choose to stay or join a new church. The split is dumb and reminds me of the current state of politics today. I wasn't feeling God in my church anymore. My dad and I discussed my choice before he died in July. His friend told me at the funeral that dad was proud of me for what I was doing. That meant a lot.

I am in RCIA classes now and I am a member of our local parish. I'm getting answers to questions that I have had and about things that were never discussed in past churches. I feel God at my new church from the people around me and love our Priest. He is an IU graduate that was there the same time as my wife.

Last edited:
My church has trees. I find God in the wonder of it all, without all the superfluous bullshit often found within the confining walls of your more typical brick and mortar facilities.

My church has trees. I find God in the wonder of it all, without all the superfluous bullshit often found within the confining walls of your more typical brick and mortar facilities.
Before Constantine declared Christianity to be the official religion of the Roman Empire believers met in homes. They did it because they couldn't meet publicly because they could be killed due to intense persecution. I too find God in the beauty of nature.

Reactions: abraxis
Before Constantine declared Christianity to be the official religion of the Roman Empire believers met in homes. They did it because they couldn't meet publicly because they could be killed due to intense persecution. I too find God in the beauty of nature.
The other side of the Big Bang is the reason we have God today. God provides us comfort in that which we do not understand...the uncertainties of life, out of our own control. Finding God in the awe of nature is finding comfort in Being. Nature is us and a whole lot of other things (everything). The belief in God is a normal outcrop of the evolution of life, not limited, I suspect, to one particular life form, Homo sapiens. I'm a nurturer of bees, Apis mellifera specifically. I sit at my hive and wonder if these honey bees believe in God. I like to think that they do. As a man thinketh, so it be(e).

Reactions: Earlierthanlater
My BS meter must need to be recalibrated. I can't tell who's actually serious about the topic.

My BS meter must need to be recalibrated. I can't tell who's actually serious about the topic.
Religion is no laughing matter unless you're watching Religulous, the documentary film starring comedian Bill Maher. It should be required viewing for all those taking themselves too seriously.

The other side of the Big Bang is the reason we have God today. God provides us comfort in that which we do not understand...the uncertainties of life, out of our own control. Finding God in the awe of nature is finding comfort in Being. Nature is us and a whole lot of other things (everything). The belief in God is a normal outcrop of the evolution of life, not limited, I suspect, to one particular life form, Homo sapiens. I'm a nurturer of bees, Apis mellifera specifically. I sit at my hive and wonder if these honey bees believe in God. I like to think that they do. As a man thinketh, so it be(e).
Years ago I tackled a question in a sermon about whether or not animals made it Heaven. The Bible is not conclusive on the matter so it did not say yes or no. Since the Robertson's from Duck Dynasty are Christians and animals ended up in Heaven would it be awkward? lol We have a cat named Socks and I have told him before, "Buddy, I am not sure you will be in Heaven, but if you are there it will be real cool". He is sitting right by me now as I type this.

Years ago I tackled a question in a sermon about whether or not animals made it Heaven. The Bible is not conclusive on the matter so it did not say yes or no. Since the Robertson's from Duck Dynasty are Christians and animals ended up in Heaven would it be awkward? lol We have a cat named Socks and I have told him before, "Buddy, I am not sure you will be in Heaven, but if you are there it will be real cool". He is sitting right by me now as I type this.
That's a cool story, Bro...excuese me, Father. Ironically, I once had a cat named "Sox". It had four while paws as if socks. I named it "Sox" just to be ornery. I'm not even a baseball fan anymore and barely when I was. It was just an outdoor cat, a stray, like it's friend, "Jimi", our other one. Sadly, Sox got old and started smell'n. I came in a little hot one night in the car after a few drinks with my wife. Didn't see the cat sitting in the driveway. Both of us had slow reactions at the same time, same place. Fate intervened, as she always does. I made my wife dispose of Sox I felt so badly.

That's a cool story, Bro...excuese me, Father. Ironically, I once had a cat named "Sox". It had four while paws as if socks. I named it "Sox" just to be ornery. I'm not even a baseball fan anymore and barely when I was. It was just an outdoor cat, a stray, like it's friend, "Jimi", our other one. Sadly, Sox got old and started smell'n. I came in a little hot one night in the car after a few drinks with my wife. Didn't see the cat sitting in the driveway. Both of us had slow reactions at the same time, same place. Fate intervened, as she always does. I made my wife dispose of Sox I felt so badly.
When I was a boy my mom accidentally ran over our cat and when we got to church I told on her to the pastor.lol My daughters named our cat because of the white paws. We got him from a rescue shelter in Fishers. He is a dark callico except for the paws.

I made the decision to leave the United Methodist Church Easter morning after attending the Easter vigil the night before at a Catholic church. The Methodist Church will eventually make congregations choose to stay or join a new church. The split is dumb and reminds me of the current state of politics today. I wasn't feeling God in my church anymore. My dad and I discussed my choice before he died in July. His friend told me at the funeral that dad was proud of me for what I was doing. That meant a lot.

I am in RCIA classes now and I am a member of our local parish. I'm getting answers to questions that I have had and about things that were never discussed in past churches. I feel God at my new church from the people around me and love our Priest. He is an IU graduate that was there the same time as my wife.
When I was a pastor in Illinois I knew a United Methodist pastor who pastored two small churches. He was a Bible believing pastor who preached Christ crucified and risen. I'd go to war with that guy. He would tell his higher ups to go pound sand, (in a Christian way of course) because they didn't believe the Bible and had given themselves over to political persuasions. The power of the Christian Gospel is not found in politics, but in the message about Jesus' death, burial, and resurrection.

When I was a boy my mom accidentally ran over our cat and when we got to church I told on her to the pastor.lol My daughters named our cat because of the white paws. We got him from a rescue shelter in Fishers. He is a dark callico except for the paws.
Wow, our cat was calico, too, except for the paws. Sox was the runt of a litter, given to us by some horse people. They said the cats spent the first six months of their lives in darkness, between the walls of a horse barn. We gave it a better life until the night I screwed up in drink of too much sauce.

Reactions: VanPastorMan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT