ADVERTISEMENT

Really nice to see a few oldtimers...

IUHartselCol

Freshman
Nov 13, 2015
...posting in the last few days. Sure like to see more of them. Now if I can just get Minoats back, maybe TDA, it'd be a reunion!:D

John...Tom, where are you guys? You wont recognize the handle but its me. o_O

Reactions: RBB89
There are so many more missing in action, lost through the many battles fought here over hurt and frustration. Im not completely sure why, but I just feel a long, long journey coming to an end. You guys remember the day game day filled 4-6 pages deep of posts. We used to meet at games and practices. So much disappointment followed what most thought was our arrival in the 90's. So many people fell out, moderators splitting the site into factions, personal agendas, it just got too ugly.

Maybe now, all fans can find it in them to return home. It'll take some more winning I suspect, but I'll hold out hope.

There are so many more missing in action, lost through the many battles fought here over hurt and frustration. Im not completely sure why, but I just feel a long, long journey coming to an end. You guys remember the day game day filled 4-6 pages deep of posts. We used to meet at games and practices. So much disappointment followed what most thought was our arrival in the 90's. So many people fell out, moderators splitting the site into factions, personal agendas, it just got too ugly.

Maybe now, all fans can find it in them to return home. It'll take some more winning I suspect, but I'll hold out hope.

Minoats and I actually met up at a spring game. Real nice guy and we both hated RMKfan1 with a passion so we had something to bond over.

Also, if anyone can help me get my original username back of Sparkey I would appreciate it. I dont think I was banned(my ahole purdue fan would use my login to check recruiting and then post with it so who knows).

Minoats and I actually met up at a spring game. Real nice guy and we both hated RMKfan1 with a passion so we had something to bond over.
John and I never met but we became friends and emailed a lot back then. God John was firery but thats why i liked him. Of course I remember you, sparky. You're as "original" as they come. Sure love to see him and a lot more around here again. After so much water under the bridge (why I dont use my original handle) maybe now is the time for a fresh start. I saw CCMac around too, and a few others. One day soon maybe what we need is a Peegs Party in Btown to celebrate a new era, as soon as we're certain its here. Vbg...nothing like face to face to chase the spooks away.

Reactions: CC Mac
John and I never met but we became friends and emailed a lot back then. God John was firery but thats why i liked him. Of course I remember you, sparky. You're as "original" as they come. Sure love to see him and a lot more around here again. After so much water under the bridge (why I dont use my original handle) maybe now is the time for a fresh start. I saw CCMac around too, and a few others. One day soon maybe what we need is a Peegs Party in Btown to celebrate a new era, as soon as we're certain its here. Vbg...nothing like face to face to chase the spooks away.
I'm still here,lots of ups an downs through the years. My girlfriend of 5 years passed away suddenly in 2011. We had season tickets and had a lot of fun going to the games, tailgating ,etc.I remember coming to the board and informing you all about her passing, Not really sure why, don't know any of you personally but just felt the need to share it. It was a horrible time in my life and many of you really helped me get through it, I will never forget that!

Last edited:
I'm still here,lots of ups an downs through the years. My girlfriend of 5 years passed away suddenly in 2011. We had season tickets and had a lot of fun going to the games, tailgating ,etc.I remember coming to the board and informing you all about her passing, Not really sure why, don't know any of you personally but just felt the need to share it. It was a horrible time in my life and many of you really helped me get through it, I will never forget that!

I understand completely. This may reveal who i was but in 2001 my wife was diagnosed with cancer and underwent radical surgury and a years recovery. This site, and another, gave me so much support it was tangible, helping me cope. Maybe the anonymity allows one to open up their inner fear and pain easier than to those you face. Whatever it was, I will forever be thanful to those who helped buck me up. Glad youre still here CC...

I
I understand completely. This may reveal who i was but in 2001 my wife was diagnosed with cancer and underwent radical surgury and a years recovery. This site, and another, gave me so much support it was tangible, helping me cope. Maybe the anonymity allows one to open up their inner fear and pain easier than to those you face. Whatever it was, I will forever be thanful to those who helped buck me up. Glad youre still here CC...
I agree, glad I have stuck it through the years. We have for sure paid our dues on here. Here is to many more years, I think it's gonna be fun!

Reactions: IUHartselCol
...posting in the last few days. Sure like to see more of them. Now if I can just get Minoats back, maybe TDA, it'd be a reunion!:D

I've been lurking on Peegs since the late 90's. Mostly lurked the bbal freebie site but ventured over to the football side often. Minoats...Ducati...Ectenfibre (?)...lost a lot of them when RMK was fired. Too bad. Those dudes had a knowledge (and passion) for IU sports. One of the reasons I don't come visit frequently.

Reactions: IUHartselCol
I've been lurking on Peegs since the late 90's. Mostly lurked the bbal freebie site but ventured over to the football side often. Minoats...Ducati...Ectenfibre (?)...lost a lot of them when RMK was fired. Too bad. Those dudes had a knowledge (and passion) for IU sports. One of the reasons I don't come visit frequently.

That was really the thing about Peegs, and the original site before Rivals entered the scene(before he let it go what was his name???? Omg..how could i forget such a nice guy? Come on...someone help me!) was the amount of knowledge to be found. Amazing. Explayers, coaches, news media, all here to talk football. Everyone passionate about the program, but very different opinions about its status and future. I miss that moment in time.

Damn i cant think of the original website that later merged with Peegs. What was the Administrators name??? Gonna bug me all day! Help!

That was really the thing about Peegs, and the original site before Rivals entered the scene(before he let it go what was his name???? Omg..how could i forget such a nice guy? Come on...someone help me!) was the amount of knowledge to be found. Amazing. Explayers, coaches, news media, all here to talk football. Everyone passionate about the program, but very different opinions about its status and future. I miss that moment in time.

Damn i cant think of the original website that later merged with Peegs. What was the Administrators name??? Gonna bug me all day! Help!
Bruce Strom or Storm?

Of course, Bruce. One great guy. We used to meet up at practises with EZRyder and a large handful of other local regulars during Mallory's time. He'd usually come over and talk to us, let us ask questions. What great fun we had and truely felt a "community" between us all.

Bruce was always there, moderating, writing opeds, just posting with anyone. Today, you have to pay to read Mike P.'s posts (sorry Mike vbg) and our so called Moderator is usually missing in action, posting less than many trolls that cruise through. Thats not how it was done to get this internet thing going. Bruce worked his site with a personal touch. There is nothing personal about Rivals, though i understand Mike's business decision he made years ago. I guess it made sense but that intimate, pure IU feel is long gone. Now this is just one corner of a gigantic cobweb of sports sites, where anyone can and does pass through, and your just a cog in a bloated machine.

Sorry...I digress. But again...are you out there, Bruce?

Of course, Bruce. One great guy. We used to meet up at practises with EZRyder and a large handful of other local regulars during Mallory's time. He'd usually come over and talk to us, let us ask questions. What great fun we had and truely felt a "community" between us all.

Bruce was always there, moderating, writing opeds, just posting with anyone. Today, you have to pay to read Mike P.'s posts (sorry Mike vbg) and our so called Moderator is usually missing in action, posting less than many trolls that cruise through. Thats not how it was done to get this internet thing going. Bruce worked his site with a personal touch. There is nothing personal about Rivals, though i understand Mike's business decision he made years ago. I guess it made sense but that intimate, pure IU feel is long gone. Now this is just one corner of a gigantic cobweb of sports sites, where anyone can and does pass through, and your just a cog in a bloated machine.

Sorry...I digress. But again...are you out there, Bruce?

I remember discovering Bruce's site and was thrilled to have a source for information. Crude by today's standard but the feeling of community was much stronger then.

Reactions: Cougar1

You only have 160+ posts but remember someone like Minoats who hasn't posted for years. Did you used to post under another name?

You only have 160+ posts but remember someone like Minoats who hasn't posted for years. Did you used to post under another name?

Yeah, ive mentioned more than once that i no longer post under my original handle. Ive posted hundreds and hundreds of times over the years. But so much infighting and picking sides, I want no more of it. Better to start fresh after years of staying away. Ive only used this handle since moving to Colorado.

Also lost my original handle 'cd' in the move to rivals

The more I think about it, hell I've been through 3 wives and 5 jobs since my first post some 20 years ago.

I remember developing an application to provide real-time scores and it became too popular and ate too much bandwidth to continue doing for free.

When Coach Mal was let go I quit going to games...swore I'd return when we brought in a smash-mouth leader that despises losing. Think I'm back.

Last edited:

yeah, it seems all the old school guys got ran off awhile back while they tried to make this board the most mature, upstanding, and dignified board on the entire internet. As such, many ol' school posters were ran off, banned, or left because this board had become so sterile. As the one guy mentioned there used to be a ton of discussion, now there is none. Kinda of a bummer.

Ducati - I'd like to spit some Beech-Nut in that due's eye.

He called Jane Hoeppner an "attention whore" in a post on the Hoops Loops site - after Hep's death, around the time of the 2007 Bucket game.

Bruce Strom organized a board "gift" to DiNardo when he was hired.
Much different place then.

Its easy to forget how new internet communities were back then. It was so unique to be able to interact with fellow fans from your computer. No smartphones back then. Heck Windows 95 was still the operating system of choice. It was like the wild west and trolls were everywhere. I think in an attempt to get control mods went way too far. Worse, they weren't moderated, and they needed to be. I wont mention names but a couple of mods damn near killed the site. Absolute power corrupted absolutely...vbg. Now, its swung the other way. There is no pattern to how this site is run. Some get banned, others dont. Some threads get locked, others dont. Some subjects are verboten one day, ignored the next. Its a big, thankless job to moderate...i know. I did it here for a while but hated it. When Mods turn on Mods, it only gets uglier.

But you know, its only people. We made it bad, we can make it good. The posters will decide what we want this place to become. Its up to us to find that community feeling again. Things are what we make them to be. Lets see if we can make this place a little homier. Cant hurt.

Reactions: knothole gang
I took a break from this site for a period but what curious....what happened to ordfan? Literally my favorite poster of all time.

I took a break from this site for a period but what curious....what happened to ordfan? Literally my favorite poster of all time.

Believe me, some people were literally harassed off the site. If you werent part of the right chique, your posts were attacked, and you were called names. Some Mods not only made it worse but contributed to it. Took me a very long time to decide to even look in here again. Ordfan was a friend and I miss his intelligence and sensitivity. This placed deserved to lose 90% of its active posters back then. Only recently has the site seemed amicable to being a fan site again, not a personal forum for the few running it. I blame Mike too. He got too busy, too big to spend time here, just delegated it to people He didnt know. Maybe he had no choice but what he built fell apart without him.

Whatever. Here we are again and its a new day. The future looks bright, at least for now, so lets enjoy it, put the past to rest. Doesnt matter any more, as if it really ever did.

Thanks for the update. I used to go back and forth with him but I always took it all in good fun. If I wasn't at game in Bloomington it used to be to entertaining to watch the game log onto this site and watch ordfan do his magic. Hope he returns at some point.

The original website was the Independent Indiana Basketball Forum, or IIBF for short. Started by Terry Bliezefer in 1998. I ran it for a while and then Peegs site took off. For a while he was totally independent with a site called sportsmidwest, then he merged with Rivals. The original Football board was run by Bruce Strom. I haven't seen or heard from him in years.

The original website was the Independent Indiana Basketball Forum, or IIBF for short. Started by Terry Bliezefer in 1998. I ran it for a while and then Peegs site took off. For a while he was totally independent with a site called sportsmidwest, then he merged with Rivals. The original Football board was run by Bruce Strom. I haven't seen or heard from him in years.
You know my memory isnt as sharp as it used to be but you shook some cobwebs loose. I remember you...I remember what great sites both FB & BB were. You guys were actively involved with how it was run. God its been so long. Rivals has never had the same feel. Congrats for fighting through. I can only hope Bruce is well and still a fan.

Reactions: Iamhoosier
I have lurked here for many years before finally deciding to try and contribute this year. Used to be fairly active on Bruce's board back in the early 90's. Wasn't one of the regulars back then an assitant of Coach Mal's who later went on to an assistant position at PU?
Eric
IU '86
Lock your jaw!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT