ADVERTISEMENT

I actually went to the game today

Are you just making a joke? #76 is face-to-face with #22 with his left hand all the way around his back on top of the 2 and his right hand around the other side of his back almost touching the other 2. Where I come from that is called a “bear hug.“ If he’d let him go at that point, it would only be a penalty he got away with. But he flung him down and landed on him with his full weight, causing a serious fracture of his hand and putting him out for the season. That elevates it to a dirty play.
Announcers showed the plays multiple times - in slow motion - and never said it was an illegal block.

Tough break and I feel for the guy - we've had the same thing happen to us many times, including targeting that was never called that affected careers. But that's football and you won, so quit whining.

After seeing the replay, I’ll concede the hold. But that’s not a dirty play. It’s no more violent than a typical pancake block, just a fluke injury.
I disagree that it is no more violent than a pancake block -- with the pancake block you can at least move your arms and break your fall and not land on your arm or shoulder. In this case, 76 took him all the way to the ground in the bear hug with his full weight on top and as much force as he could muster while 22's arms were pinned against his body. That is NOT a "football play" -- and it is much more than a hold. It should have been a 15-yarder personal foul.

I disagree that it is no more violent than a pancake block -- with the pancake block you can at least move your arms and break your fall and not land on your arm or shoulder. In this case, 76 took him all the way to the ground in the bear hug with his full weight on top and as much force as he could muster while 22's arms were pinned against his body. That is NOT a "football play" -- and it is much more than a hold. It should have been a 15-yarder personal foul.
Disagree all you want, you're still wrong.

Why aren't there fractures every time someone is form tackled (i.e., hit, wrap-up, drive to the ground)? Because it's a fluke. And he didn't take him to the ground in a bear hug. Watch the video, he definitely holds and throws 22 to the ground. Then there's a delay and he comes down on top of him, almost like 22 pulled him down on him, probably unintentionally.

We can agree to disagree regarding whether it was dirty, but anyone who saw it can see the obvious hold.

While we're here reminiscing, enjoy a throwback video of Simon Stepaniak putting the hurt on Chase Winovich in 2018. Although the Twitter account posting the video said it was after the play, you can still see Ramsey in the frame with the ball in his hands. That's what we call punishing a DE. Not a dirty play either, just mean ass blocking for Simon.

While we're here reminiscing, enjoy a throwback video of Simon Stepaniak putting the hurt on Chase Winovich in 2018. Although the Twitter account posting the video said it was after the play, you can still see Ramsey in the frame with the ball in his hands. That's what we call punishing a DE. Not a dirty play either, just mean ass blocking for Simon.

Stepaniak didn't take any shit - we need more bad-asses like him on the team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT