ADVERTISEMENT

Really liked the defense today and liked the offensive movement

TommyCracker

Hall of Famer
Mar 18, 2004
I thought we were cruising to a really nice win when all of a sudden Bo Ryan came out of retirement.

After bullying them on the boards (which was great to see) I don't think we got another contested rebound the rest of the game.

Once Wiskie got the lead and made us their bitch on the boards...they just slowly strangled us like a python. Classic Bo.

I miss watching a team that dictates the game.

Anyway, I'm still on board but he has to make the tourney. Will be interesting if an Miller led team pisses down its leg in the BTT.

Has Archie won a big, must have game at IU?

I was happy with the defense and the movement...but it's obvious as hell we need more versatility in our players.

We have way too many one dimensional guys IE Brunk who's really good in the half court offense but awful at the free throw line and God awful defensively that teams just exploit him on a simple high pick and roll.

Justin Smith...really good defensively, very limited offensively.

Jerome Hunter is supposed to be this high level, versatile player he's just a chucker right now.

He needs to develop an all around game and quickly.

Anyway, the best teams have gamers and multiple versatile players on both sides of the ball.

Maybe it's a development issue but until Archie develops or recruits multi dimensional players it's going to be a juggling act as far as rotations every game based on what he thinks he needs.

That's not a recipe for success.

I love Geronimo but he's two years away.

Next season is really going to depend if Hunter and Race can break out of being a one dimensional role player and become a multi dimensional gamer.

Potter is a great example of what Race needs to develop into.

I thought we were cruising to a really nice win when all of a sudden Bo Ryan came out of retirement.

After bullying them on the boards (which was great to see) I don't think we got another contested rebound the rest of the game.

Once Wiskie got the lead and made us their bitch on the boards...they just slowly strangled us like a python. Classic Bo.

I miss watching a team that dictates the game.

Anyway, I'm still on board but he has to make the tourney. Will be interesting if an Miller led team pisses down its leg in the BTT.

Has Archie won a big, must have game at IU?

I was happy with the defense and the movement...but it's obvious as hell we need more versatility in our players.

We have way too many one dimensional guys IE Brunk who's really good in the half court offense but awful at the free throw line and God awful defensively that teams just exploit him on a simple high pick and roll.

Justin Smith...really good defensively, very limited offensively.

Jerome Hunter is supposed to be this high level, versatile player he's just a chucker right now.

He needs to develop an all around game and quickly.

Anyway, the best teams have gamers and multiple versatile players on both sides of the ball.

Maybe it's a development issue but until Archie develops or recruits multi dimensional players it's going to be a juggling act as far as rotations every game based on what he thinks he needs.

That's not a recipe for success.

I love Geronimo but he's two years away.

Next season is really going to depend if Hunter and Race can break out of being a one dimensional role player and become a multi dimensional gamer.

Potter is a great example of what Race needs to develop into.
Took a look at Wisconsin’s roster. All of their key players are redshirt juniors or older. And they have everyone back except Pritzel.

Compare that to us. We’ve gotten next to nothing from our junior/senior classes. Kills us in games like this; the lack of leadership is glaring.

Why didn’t Race just lay in that offensive put back instead of trying to tomahawk it?? That one hurt to watch and was so pivotal

Took a look at Wisconsin’s roster. All of their key players are redshirt juniors or older. And they have everyone back except Pritzel.

Compare that to us. We’ve gotten next to nothing from our junior/senior classes. Kills us in games like this; the lack of leadership is glaring.
And this is what Miller could’ve been addressing a few years ago. He didn’t, and it continues to be an issue.

Oh really?

So exactly what should he have done differently? Be specific.
Two years ago it was apparent certain players hadn’t bought in. Anyone who’s followed IU basketball through the knight years has seen this. And magically, kids didn’t play anymore. And magically, they decided to leave. Miller had a chance to deal with this a couple of years ago and didn’t. Unused scholarships are a luxury to high performing teams, not to teams with sub-.500 conference records and no invitations to the NCAA tournament.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT