ADVERTISEMENT

Question for the board (serious)

President 2020

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

IUPaterade724

Senior
Oct 30, 2006
Would you rather have 4 more years of this situation in the white house where advisors are coming out of the wood work as to the inner workings of the Trump admin, their war room, which look more and more authoritarian with propaganda, or would you take a Warren or Biden. Warren wants to revamp trillions of our debt to secure her beliefs and ideas. Biden seems to be the pick that would keep the main status quo for what we have seen in democrats of the past. What do we want!

Mayor Pete, if older imo, is the obvious choice and speaks to the heart of so many American families. I just don't see him having a chance. (I still voted for him) in this poll.

Last edited:
Reactions: tbone6004
Would you rather have 4 more years of this situation in the white house where advisors are coming out of the wood work as to the inner workings of the Trump admin, their war room, which look more and more authoritarian with propaganda, or would you take a Warren or Biden. Warren wants to revamp trillions of our debt to secure her beliefs and ideas. Biden seems to be the pick that would keep the main status quo for what we have seen in democrats of the past. What do we want!

Mayor Pete, if older imo, is the obvious choice and speaks to the heart of so many American families. I just don't see him having a chance. (I still voted for him) in this poll.
I see the poll as who I think are most likely, not my top two choices and voted accordingly.

Reactions: IUPaterade724
I still think his platforms are too extreme even for this election. I don't see it happening but I should have added him. Sorry about that.

Edit:Added
Warren is running on largely the same platform as Bernie and they’re polling similarly so you’re right that he should have been included. They would be at the top of my list of who I would not vote for, right there with Trump, but for different reasons.

I don't see Mayor Pete's age as an issue. The fact is, out of everyone running, Trump is the only one with "presidential" experience, and in his case that's a bad thing.

I think Pete's mayoral experience in a struggling city is more pertinent than anything any other candidate brings. My biggest concern is that, for all practical purposes, there isn't really a Republican party in South Bend. Consequently he's never had to deal the kind of non-stop, knee-jerk obstruction that anyone at the national level sees.

I'll vote for Mayor Pete, but Warren is my second choice. She's accustomed to the fighting, understands the significance of income inequality, and apparently has the guts to deal with it.

Reactions: tbone6004
Gedankenexperiment for those still trying to convince us the Dems would be smart to nominate an "electable moderate." Look who voted for Trump so far. Then look at how few of those posters also voted for Biden (or Pete, for that matter).

Reactions: PhyloeBedoe
Gedankenexperiment for those still trying to convince us the Dems would be smart to nominate an "electable moderate." Look who voted for Trump so far. Then look at how few of those posters also voted for Biden (or Pete, for that matter).
I voted Trump and Biden because I take that the poll is about who is likely to win, not who I would prefer. I’d vote for Biden over Trump every day of the week and twice on Sunday (channeling my inner Democrat). I think your Gedankenexperiment is flawed.

I voted Trump and Biden because I take that the poll is about who is likely to win, not who I would prefer. I’d vote for Biden over Trump every day of the week and twice on Sunday (channeling my inner Democrat). I think your Gedankenexperiment is flawed.
OP explicitly asked for a preference. Most Trump voters did not also vote for Biden. The only thing flawed here is your reading of the question.

You have to read the post, too. Not just the title.
I haven't read anything past the first post. I've just reviewed it and I guess what I thought was the second post is part of the first post? On my phone it looks like a separate post, if it's not, then I obviously didn't read it so you'd be right and I'd be mistaken. I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken. ;)

Edit: I just looked at the poll on my computer too and that stuff after the poll looks like the first post after the OP to me on it as well. In any event, I never read it until you made me think that was part of the OP.

Last edited:
You have to read the post, too. Not just the title.
Also, a poll should have an unambiguous question for us to answer. I responded as if it was about who I thought were the two most likely to win and I'd bet I'm not the only one. I could be mistaken about that, but I'm certain I'm not mistaken about the way I answered.

Reactions: IUPaterade724
Also, a poll should have an unambiguous question for us to answer. I responded as if it was about who I thought were the two most likely to win and I'd bet I'm not the only one. I could be mistaken about that, but I'm certain I'm not mistaken about the way I answered.
Hey, man, don't get all bent out of shape just because you can't read. :D:D:D

Reactions: MrBing
Admit it.... you voted for Trump just to piss the people on the left off.:)

In all seriousness I'd vote for Biden over Trump also... with Clinton I couldn't vote for either.

You’re a good man to vote for Biden after the lefties on here tell you to go to hell, they don’t want your vote.

Hmmmm...I'm not surprised that NPT is smart enough to vote his own interests and conscience instead of just voting to piss off the lefties. Even though I disagree with him most of the time, I've always thought he is a really smart dude. Join the party, Stoll. ;)

What it also shows is that @sglowrider was drunk when he voted. :D

eek.gif
I have fallen victim to the dreaded Stockholm Syndrome.

Hmmmm...I'm not surprised that NPT is smart enough to vote his own interests and conscience instead of just voting to piss off the lefties. Even though I disagree with him most of the time, I've always thought he is a really smart dude. Join the party, Stoll. ;)

If NPT thinks democrat policies are in his best interest, he should vote for them.

If NPT thinks democrat policies are in his best interest, he should vote for them.

That’s not what you said. You said you couldn’t believe he’d vote for a democrat after some lefties on the internet were mean to him. You were perhaps unintentionally honest about the way you and your party see politics these days, where your personal grievances and petty slights are more important than actual policies, governance, or decency.

Last edited:
It's a hard choice for me.... in the end however I think Democrat policies are less harmful to the country than an irrational asshole as president.

Which policies?

Edit liberal judges, Medicare for all, higher taxes, green new deal, open borders, more business regulation,

Edit forgive tens of millions of student debt, free education for all, a plan that would guarantee workers 20% stake in the country’s largest companies, stopping fracking on day one,

Last edited:
Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
Which policies?

Edit liberal judges, Medicare for all, higher taxes, green new deal, open borders, more business regulation,

Edit forgive tens of millions of student debt, free education for all, a plan that would guarantee workers 20% stake in the country’s largest companies, stopping fracking on day one,

You lost all credibility when you typed “open borders”. Pretty much everything you listed ain’t gonna happen.

Regardless, is there anything Trump could do that would turn you off?

You lost all credibility when you typed “open borders”. Pretty much everything you listed ain’t gonna happen.

Regardless, is there anything Trump could do that would turn you off?

What is the correct word for the Democrat position on the borders? I am fine with a path to citizenship for all the illegals that are here that aren’t criminals. Then I want the borders fixed where we don’t have to do it again.

And why is everything I listed not going to happen? Are the candidates lying when they preach this idiocy on the campaign trail?

What is the correct word for the Democrat position on the borders? I am fine with a path to citizenship for all the illegals that are here that aren’t criminals. Then I want the borders fixed where we don’t have to do it again.
Yeah, but can you get Mexico to pay for it?

Look at her plan to pay for Medicare for all.

Where have republicans been on the deficit since 2000? Some of us would actually like to be running a surplus. Some of us like a strong dollar. Were you against the government bailouts of massive corporations? Whereas you now oppose the public owning parts of some companies? (Not sure where that one came from.) Those of us that believe in capitalism staunchly opposed bailouts of corporations who took risk and failed. That's supposed to be how the free market works.

On immigration, the GOP has done nothing but encourage a flow of cheap labor to undercut American workers. Look at the Trump corps abuse of worker visas. Pay a fair wage and lets get Americans above walmart wages. You want to stop immigration; where are the criminal prosecutions of business owners who knowingly hire illegals? Put a few CEOs in jail and illegal immigration stops cold in its tracks. Those investigations are few and far between.

You get my drift.

Where have republicans been on the deficit since 2000? Some of us would actually like to be running a surplus. Some of us like a strong dollar. Were you against the government bailouts of massive corporations? Whereas you now oppose the public owning parts of some companies? (Not sure where that one came from.) Those of us that believe in capitalism staunchly opposed bailouts of corporations who took risk and failed. That's supposed to be how the free market works.

On immigration, the GOP has done nothing but encourage a flow of cheap labor to undercut American workers. Look at the Trump corps abuse of worker visas. Pay a fair wage and lets get Americans above walmart wages. You want to stop immigration; where are the criminal prosecutions of business owners who knowingly hire illegals? Put a few CEOs in jail and illegal immigration stops cold in its tracks. Those investigations are few and far between.

You get my drift.

Agree with your first paragraph. I think it’s Bernie that likes 20% ownership plan. Would have to look again.

What did president Obama do about immigration when Dems controlled House & Senate. He gave nice speeches that sounded like republicans now.

I am all for going after business owners that hire illegals. We’ve spent most of the summer answering notices from SSA that inform employers that SS#s don’t match. Almost always illegals. We preach to our businesses on the documentation needed to hire employees.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT