ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue, Michigan, Michigan St, Loaded in the Future

Supposedly Emoni Bates (MSU) is the greatest incoming freshman...For like ever..
Basically they say he's Lebron going to college..
So we have that to look forward to..

Supposedly Emoni Bates (MSU) is the greatest incoming freshman...For like ever..
Other than Minnesota's Chet Holmgren who is No. 1 in next year's class. He could end up at Minnesota (dad played there) or Michigan but could follow his teammate Jalen Suggs to Gonzaga. He is probably even better than Emoni having watched both of them.

• Haha
Reactions: Remain
I just don’t see how IU gets better or makes up any ground in the BIG. Top recruits are all flocking to Purdue, Michigan, Michigan St and others. We have nothing coming in. Reminds me of Crean’s final year.
Ohio state will be very good next season. Really nice recruiting class coming in

I just don’t see how IU gets better or makes up any ground in the BIG. Top recruits are all flocking to Purdue, Michigan, Michigan St and others. We have nothing coming in. Reminds me of Crean’s final year.

The cheater Underwood in Urbana-Champagne is also pulling in some great players. Throw in OSU and all of the sudden IU has a really tough row to hoe, recruiting wise, in its own backyard.

Both the premium and regular basketball boards overhype every recruit IU looks at.

The crazy thing is they still overhype guys that have been here 3 years and act like we all don't have TVs.

I mean I still read that Rob is gonna be the key and be a leader......What a joke. Have you ever watched him pass the ball? It looks like a 3rd grader that just got taught. Two hands on the ball and he pushes his bounce pass towards his team mate. It is like he is just learning how to do it. He assures this team of not being anything better than mediocre. Why he didn't start Lander at the beginning of the year is mind boggling. He better atleast start playing him 20 mins+ to end the season, only way this team has a chance of reaching its ceiling is with Lander at the point.

I know you don't like Lander but you haven't had the opportunity to make an informed opinion about his college game. He needs more time. If he dribbles out of bounds and hinders us on offense Ill admit I was wrong. But everyone and their brother knows Rob is a mid major guard at this point.

The crazy thing is they still overhype guys that have been here 3 years and act like we all don't have TVs.

I mean I still read that Rob is gonna be the key and be a leader......What a joke. Have you ever watched him pass the ball? It looks like a 3rd grader that just got taught. Two hands on the ball and he pushes his bounce pass towards his team mate. It is like he is just learning how to do it. He assures this team of not being anything better than mediocre. Why he didn't start Lander at the beginning of the year is mind boggling. He better atleast start playing him 20 mins+ to end the season, only way this team has a chance of reaching its ceiling is with Lander at the point.

I know you don't like Lander but you haven't had the opportunity to make an informed opinion about his college game. He needs more time. If he dribbles out of bounds and hinders us on offense Ill admit I was wrong. But everyone and their brother knows Rob is a mid major guard at this point.
He was a Mid major guard when he came to IU. I would like to see Lander get a haircut.

Other than Minnesota's Chet Holmgren who is No. 1 in next year's class. He could end up at Minnesota (dad played there) or Michigan but could follow his teammate Jalen Suggs to Gonzaga. He is probably even better than Emoni having watched both of them.
Yeah he's a game changer..
Freak..
Even though his awfully thin.

I doubt hair has anything do do with his game.
Player comes in with hair as long as Ozzy. And wants to play with it down ..Gives you 18 & 8 nightly..
Sign him up..
Worrying about hair..
Geez...
Keion Brooks cut his hair this year and is playing better since he started playing.

Reactions: Brockway

Unfortunately for MSU, 2022 class will likely be the first class since the OAD to be able to again go straight to the NBA. And there is a good matchup, Chet Holmgren vs Emoni Bates, both guys went for like 30 and 10 and I am pretty sure they guarded each other a lot of the game. Chet's team won something like 76-71.

Archie called him a stud after the Marquette game as a freshman. Why the major regression? Surely poor coaching has nothing to do with it.
You go back and look at his first ten or so games as a freshman and Phinisee looks like a different player. I remember Purdue fans were upset that Painter let him get away. He then had a concussion and was out for at least a month and was never the same guy.

You go back and look at his first ten or so games as a freshman and Phinisee looks like a different player. I remember Purdue fans were upset that Painter let him get away. He then had a concussion and was out for at least a month and was never the same guy.

Him locking down cash was the peak of his career. For whatever the reason, sad.

Doyel has Purdue one of ten teams capable of being in the FF next year. Ouch.

• Haha
Reactions: HoosierJimbo89
How stupid is Fred Glass for having a 15M buyout after year 4? That dude was such a buffoon when it comes to basketball. He has 0 clue.
You know, I'm not sure where 15M came from, but I think I said it at one point. It's not really that high. It would be about 9M after this season, and 3M after next season, unless I'm confused. I originally thought it was a 9 year deal, but it is only 7 years.

I think this is why none of the other P5 schools could get Archie to leave Dayton. He basically demanded 5 years guaranteed. We said yes.

Under different circumstances, you'd call it "doing whatever it takes." He was a widely respected choice at the time.

I've been an IU fan since I was 8 years old (36 now). I graduated from Purdue and work at Purdue. Maybe I should jump on their bandwagon now. At least I could cheer for Trey Kaufman, and he would be on my team that way.

I wish I could cut ties, but memories of 1992-93 and the career of Brian Evans keeps me hanging on. Go Hoosiers!

The cheater Underwood in Urbana-Champagne is also pulling in some great players. Throw in OSU and all of the sudden IU has a really tough row to hoe, recruiting wise, in its own backyard.

I’m sure plenty of recruits will wind up in Bloomingtone over the next few years to play for absolutely-not-a-cheater Miller, my man!

Lander is a horrible passer for a point guard. He throws the most lazy lackadaisical passes all the time. Without looking up his stats I bet you he has more turnovers then assists.

I'll admit Matt Painter is a good coach, and he is doing well for PU. However, his results wouldn't cut it at IU and, just like Bobby, I don't want him at IU. IU has been its own worst enemy and Painter's best friend as of late.
He is coaching circles around Archie. Plus he is now getting the recruits Archie is going after. Ethan Morton last year, Kaufman and Furst this year. How many days has it been since IU has beat PU? His results wouldn't cut it at IU, however, he owns IU as of late and Archie will still be coaching next year at IU, and probably without TJD. How do you think that will go? I am not sure what fairy tale world IU fans are living in. The future for IU bball does NOT look good.

He is coaching circles around Archie. Plus he is now getting the recruits Archie is going after. Ethan Morton last year, Kaufman and Furst this year. How many days has it been since IU has beat PU? His results wouldn't cut it at IU, however, he owns IU as of late and Archie will still be coaching next year at IU, and probably without TJD. How do you think that will go? I am not sure what fairy tale world IU fans are living in. The future for IU bball does NOT look good.
I'm not a big fan of Archie, either. I have also seen Mike Davis own both Keady and Painter, and I have seen Sampson beat PU on his first try and make the NCAA's his first year. IU does not have the right guy. But, if they ever get it figured out, the party is over for PU and Painter. If anybody has benefited from IU's ineptitude at hiring coaches, it is Painter.

I'll admit Matt Painter is a good coach, and he is doing well for PU. However, his results wouldn't cut it at IU and, just like Bobby, I don't want him at IU. IU has been its own worst enemy and Painter's best friend as of late.

It would cut it! We hang on to worse coaches for even longer! I’d take Painter! He’d be top 25 every season and we have been trash for 15 of the last 20 years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT