ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue just got a commitment from a LB!!!

The only place I had heard concerns about grades with Williams is Purdue fans. Not saying it isn't legit, but that's the only source of information about that.

I can understand the draw for Bell playing for Brohm, but there is no chance Brohm is there when Bell graduates.

Lol keeping saying that about Brohm and maybe one year it will come true

He would have gone to Tennessee if they hadn't botched the hiring process.

He nearly went to Louisville and only stayed because he said multiple players and recruits would have followed him and he didn't want to gut Purdue's program.

He will be in the NFL or college blue blood within two years. Purdue is a decent program but isn't a destination job for Brohm. He isn't the next Tiller.

Since you are in your mom's basement, bookmark this thread for future reference.

Reactions: Hoosiersfan2018
I normally don't post but came over to see if there were any updates on Bell from the IU side.

Not sure why we each troll one another. If you add the best players from each team. Brohm as OC, Allen as DC we would still not even come close to the CFP. Probably wouldn't even get to the big ten title game.

Be happy for each recruit and leave it at that. I doubt that poster with a Purdue fan. No reason to talk bad about Cam or any recruit.

In the end a player both schools offered is going to Purdue and a player both schools offered is going to Indiana. Who got the better of the deal will be determined on the field over the coming years. All the rest of the noise is just partisan posturing on both sides.
Thank you...but hear the crickets? No one is listening...

I disagree because the lack of mods are why I don't go to this basketball board any longer. The mods need to be on here more to get rid of all the trolls who are only here to cause trouble.
i agree with danc. i don't mind a little needling or verbal sparring. there is a psychotic mod over at ith that constantly agitates people and instigates with insults. then if you call him on it he bans you. he has run off a lot of interesting posters. who's to say the moderator is qualified to moderate? in any case, if someone rubs you the wrong way, just block them. easy solve and gratifying at the same time

He nearly went to Louisville and only stayed because he said multiple players and recruits would have followed him and he didn't want to gut Purdue's program.

He will be in the NFL or college blue blood within two years. Purdue is a decent program but isn't a destination job for Brohm. He isn't the next Tiller.

Since you are in your mom's basement, bookmark this thread for future reference.
the can't follow him if he doesn't offer them a scholarship so i don't give that much credence

I normally don't post but came over to see if there were any updates on Bell from the IU side.

Not sure why we each troll one another. If you add the best players from each team. Brohm as OC, Allen as DC we would still not even come close to the CFP. Probably wouldn't even get to the big ten title game.

Be happy for each recruit and leave it at that. I doubt that poster with a Purdue fan. No reason to talk bad about Cam or any recruit.

What’s going on with the 3 guys listed as commits for Purdue but not yet signed? I am assuming Karlaftis is going to just make it official at a later date?

It never fails, one poster from Purdue comments here and the board lights up like a pinball machines. Sad commentary for IU fans who say they are the ones obsessed. SMH

It never fails, one poster from Purdue comments here and the board lights up like a pinball machines. Sad commentary for IU fans who say they are the ones obsessed. SMH

You have this backwards. An IU poster started this thread because the initial Purdue news had relevance to IU: it was presumed that Purdue only had one spot left and were holding it for Bell. Meaning that either Purdue had more spots than presumed or they had moved on from Bell (probably not likely, but at least shows that recruiting info coming out of Purdue is not 100% accurate). This same scholarship number situation was also bandied about in Purdue circles as why they weren't pursuing Cam Williams more.

And regardless of the inception of this thread, after Purdue was mentioned, it was Purdue posters started coming out of the woodwork

Reactions: 76-1
the can't follow him if he doesn't offer them a scholarship so i don't give that much credence
I don't disagree coach. I am not sure if that was a quote or conjecture from the writer. Just something I remember reading.

You’re still spewing this crap?

Just let it go. Purdue has a great coach. He’s likely staying awhile. It’s on IU to catch up.
Believe it or not I am entitled to an opinion. If you disagree I wear that as a badge of honor.

I could be wrong, but feel it's germane to the conversation regarding Bell.

the bit about William academics was/has been brought up on Hawkeye Report after Williams came in for a visit and left with out a offer.

so the academic rumor has been brought up before. never really put to much in rumors about Academics as posters will say just about anything.

its all roses and sushine when the kid signs and all about insults [or the we didn't want him anyway] responses about a players

Iowa fans get upset when Michigan, Alabama or OSU step in at the last minute and either poaches a Iowa recruit. but they do a complete 180 when Iowa coaches does the same thing to another school this year they flipped
LB Juedy out of Florida from KSU yesterday the thing is Snyder just retired and his lead recruiter and position coach is looking for a job. he was a casualty of a coaching staff change
CB McKinny a NIU commit who also flipped yesterday.

recruiting is a very cut throat business
OSU tried to flip Iowa commit LB Jacobs out of Ohio
Michigan tried to flip RB Goodson out of Georgia
Georgia tried to flip QB Padilla out of Colorado and they all signed with Iowa.

how many did you lose to last minute poachers?

Reactions: kmathum
the bit about William academics was/has been brought up on Hawkeye Report after Williams came in for a visit and left with out a offer.

how many did you lose to last minute poachers?

IU lost one to Louisville today, an LB that was actually lower on the priority list than Williams. It’s actually amazing when you look over a recruiting class how many kids end up falling off.

It’s like the kid from Indiana who went to Iowa a few years back: Toks Akinrobe (sp?). He looked like one that would excel. He got injured and dropped out of football.

Everybody points out the 2013 class at IU. Big deal. Literally 50% of those guys left or got arrested. It was literally like taking a year off from recruiting.

He didn't go to UL beacuse the dumpster fire that their financial position precluded them from getting it done. Pu dodged two bullets in a row. Fact is, he is there for now and Allen and staff are holding their own on the recruiting trail. Good news.

Reactions: Lillyr66
IU lost one to Louisville today, an LB that was actually lower on the priority list than Williams. It’s actually amazing when you look over a recruiting class how many kids end up falling off.

It’s like the kid from Indiana who went to Iowa a few years back: Toks Akinrobe (sp?). He looked like one that would excel. He got injured and dropped out of football.

Everybody points out the 2013 class at IU. Big deal. Literally 50% of those guys left or got arrested. It was literally like taking a year off from recruiting.
Tok's suffered a head injury that required surgery he is still in school working on his degree on a Medical scholarship.

looking forward to seeing how Tracey performs and OL Britt develops. I am curious if Tracey brother commits to Iowa in the 2020 class, you did get his cousin the 2019 class.

I disagree because the lack of mods are why I don't go to this basketball board any longer. The mods need to be on here more to get rid of all the trolls who are only here to cause trouble.

It appears something has changed here. I have Purdue friends who have been banned here recently that have posted here for years without issues but were banned for nothing. Seems like we may have overtightened the screws. Free Speech, you know.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT