ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue is definitely beatable.

His stock will never be better than it is after this year and it’s a very weak draft class. Your mod has even said it’s a very real possibility Edey is gone after the year.

Who is an instant impact player in your 2022 class?

Your 2023 class is good on paper, but misleading. You guys tried to argue that IU’s football recruiting class wasn’t as good as it seemed because our best player was a coaches son and our second best player has a brother on the team. Colvin is a legacy that would only consider Purdue, and DGL had no other live offers other than Purdue.
Idk who the instant impact player is. Haven't seen them at the college level.. Where you see that DGL only had 1 live offer? Loyer will probably play early. Heide will be interesting to see. He was highly ranked before injury.

Edey might go, but he's not looking like a guy that goes early now. We will see. Hard to trust your projections since you were wrong on almost every projection this offseason.

Reactions: Bill4411
You’re also a dolt if you think the best teams always win in March and the season is a failure if you don’t win every game in the NCAA tourney.

The NCAA tourney is a crap shoot. The goal for any coach nowadays is to continually make the dance with quality teams. Eventually you’ll break through.

Nowadays, Final Fours often happen when you’re least expecting. If Painter continues putting teams on a 4 line or better, eventually things will break his way and he will make a Final Four. I actually don’t think he does it this year… but it’s not like their program won’t have as good a chance as almost everyone else over the next 2-5 years.
I don't mind you or anyone else criticizing what I say, but I would appreciate it if you would criticize the comments I actually make, not some crap you decide to insert into my comments.

TIA

Reactions: Boilpotato
Do you think he will stay in WL or move to a bigger program and out of the shadow? I agree that he is a very good coach that could really excel where he has more resources and without a bigger in state program to battle.
I think he is a Purdue lifer. He is And will continue to be paid well. He has great facilities and enjoys tremendous support. Continuity in a program is very important and his national Persona grows with each passing year.

Idk who the instant impact player is. Haven't seen them at the college level.. Where you see that DGL only had 1 live offer? Loyer will probably play early. Heide will be interesting to see. He was highly ranked before injury.

Edey might go, but he's not looking like a guy that goes early now. We will see. Hard to trust your projections since you were wrong on almost every projection this offseason.
Who were DGL’s offers? He had an IU offer from the previous staff. The new staff never recruited him. So who were his other offers?

What was I wrong on? I said Ivey wouldn’t be first team All Big Ten due to Williams. That seems to have a great chance at being true. I told you your PG play would be an issue and Eric Hunter was garbage. That looks to be true.

Who were DGL’s offers? He had an IU offer from the previous staff. The new staff never recruited him. So who were his other offers?

What was I wrong on? I said Ivey wouldn’t be first team All Big Ten due to Williams. That seems to have a great chance at being true. I told you your PG play would be an issue and Eric Hunter was garbage. That looks to be true.
DGL was being recruited hard by Gonzaga according to a few Gonzaga fans I know. I find it hard to believe he had no other offers.

You said ivey can't shoot 3's. You said Morton is terrible and wouldn't play. Might be right on Ivy, but he's playing at a 1st Team level. Probably made some other awful claims. PG wasn't an issue until Thompson went down injured. I'm sure Purdue will figure it out as they don't really need a true PG. But congrats on calling purdues backup PG garbage?

DGL was being recruited hard by Gonzaga according to a few Gonzaga fans I know. I find it hard to believe he had no other offers.

You said ivey can't shoot 3's. You said Morton is terrible and wouldn't play. Might be right on Ivy, but he's playing at a 1st Team level. Probably made some other awful claims. PG wasn't an issue until Thompson went down injured. I'm sure Purdue will figure it out as they don't really need a true PG. But congrats on calling purdues backup PG garbage?
He’s trolling you. Stop taking the bait. He knows the stuff he posts is garbage. Be careful you don’t upset him though or he’ll start posting pictures of your family on here like he got booted from the main board for. Sad and creepy guy for sure!

Reactions: Poprudy and BoilerN
He’s trolling you. Stop taking the bait. He knows the stuff he posts is garbage. Be careful you don’t upset him though or he’ll start posting pictures of your family on here like he got booted from the main board for. Sad and creepy guy for sure!
There is no bait to take. Haha just a little fun being right on a Sunday.

Morton is terrible and shouldn’t play.

DGL had no other offers, and he wasn’t being recruited hard by Gonzaga. You can’t backup that claim with any real evidence other than what your dumb*** friends told you.

DGL had no other offers, and he wasn’t being recruited hard by Gonzaga. You can’t backup that claim with any real evidence other than what your dumb*** friends told you.
Gonzaga is pulling in 5* kids now.

You have no evidence either. So....

Also. You should be a better person. No reason to call my friends assholes. Especially considering you know nothing about them.

You have no evidence either. So....

Also. You should be a better person. No reason to call my friends assholes. Especially considering you know nothing about them.
I have no evidence? Here you go. Only lists offers from IU and Purdue. The IU offer date is when Archie was coach.

I didn’t call your friends @ssholes. I called them dumb@sses.

I have no evidence? Here you go. Only lists offers from IU and Purdue. The IU offer date is when Archie was coach.

I didn’t call your friends @ssholes. I called them dumb@sses.
Same thing. But also, these recruiting sites aren't always accurate. They only add the offers if a recruit tweets about them or tells them. Alternatively, they also sometimes add offers that are never commitable because a recruit says they got one. One of the two even had a player that didn't exist. Point is, those don't typically tell the whole story. I find it hard to believe that a guy that is a top 40 caliber player, maybe top 20, had 1 offer. All the schools and levels in America and 1 offer. LOL. Bye

Also, idc what you called them. It's uncalled for.

Same thing. But also, these recruiting sites aren't always accurate. They only add the offers if a recruit tweets about them or tells them. Alternatively, they also sometimes add offers that are never commitable because a recruit says they got one. One of the two even had a player that didn't exist. Point is, those don't typically tell the whole story.

Ummm….o….k…..

Same thing. But also, these recruiting sites aren't always accurate. They only add the offers if a recruit tweets about them or tells them. Alternatively, they also sometimes add offers that are never commitable because a recruit says they got one. One of the two even had a player that didn't exist. Point is, those don't typically tell the whole story. I find it hard to believe that a guy that is a top 40 caliber player, maybe top 20, had 1 offer. All the schools and levels in America and 1 offer. LOL. Bye

Go read Brian’s article that clearly states he only had two offers.

News flash: he isn’t a top 40 player. You will see a drop by the time he comes to Purdue.

Go read Brian’s article that clearly states he only had two offers.

News flash: he isn’t a top 40 player. You will see a drop by the time he comes to Purdue.

2. Which prospect (any class) have you seen recently that is making a case to move up in ranking?​

Dravyn Gibbs-Lawhorn

Dravyn Gibbs-Lawhorn (Rivals.com)
Cassidy: After missing nearly a year due to injury,
Dravyn Gibbs-Lawhorn is now healthy and reminding everyone why he’s regarded as one of the top guards in the 2023 class. He’s been stuffing box scores since the start of the season and proving to be more than just an explosive scorer. Gibbs-Lawhorn is facilitating and contributing on the glass on a regular basis, impacting games in a number of ways. I’ll be interested to see how he fares as the season progresses but a move into the top 30 isn’t out of the question.

lol. Seek help Trojan

2. Which prospect (any class) have you seen recently that is making a case to move up in ranking?​

Dravyn Gibbs-Lawhorn

Dravyn Gibbs-Lawhorn is now healthy and reminding everyone why he’s regarded as one of the top guards in the 2023 class. He’s been stuffing box scores since the start of the season and proving to be more than just an explosive scorer. Gibbs-Lawhorn is facilitating and contributing on the glass on a regular basis, impacting games in a number of ways. I’ll be interested to see how he fares as the season progresses but a move into the top 30 isn’t out of the question.

lol. Seek help Trojan

Reactions: Poprudy

Dravyn Gibbs-Lawhorn

lol. Seek help Trojan
Daddy always used to say, “Son, never trust a Trojan!”

Dravyn Gibbs-Lawhorn

lol. Seek help Trojan
Lol one guy from rivals. He got destroyed by JHS in their head to head.

DGL = Lander 2.0

Matt Painter is not Gene Keady. He has a different work ethic and Gene‘ s ceiling was much lower and he never enjoyed recruiting as much as Matt. He has transformed himself and is going to be a factor for many more years and a HOF call will come sooner rather than later. Get used to it!

Hall of Fame? 😆. Dude can’t even get to the Final Four. And Mike Davis did.

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
He’s averaged 21.4 wins a season in first seventeen years. At that rate he is winningest in history at age 65 in fourteen years.

Reactions: EarlTubbs
No matter how many teams offered, I think we can agree he will probably be a very good player for four years. No gaurantees. Definetely could be like Lander. You never know. Lander could also get better and have a good few years.

He’s averaged 21.4 wins a season in first seventeen years. At that rate he is winningest in history at age 65 in fourteen years.
Jay Wright averages almost 25 wins per season and is 59. He currently has 229 more wins in his career than Painter. No chance Painter has more wins at 65 than Wright does at 73.

I should’ve seen what the baseline times said about the situation. However I’ll use the following logic

Guy who works for a recruiting service >>> a guy who posts pictures of others posters children online.
Lol how about you never post here again if DGL isn’t a composite top 40 player when the final rankings come out. Deal?

Jay Wright averages almost 25 wins per season and is 59. He currently has 229 more wins in his career than Painter. No chance Painter has more wins at 65 than Wright does at 73.

This discussion was about Big Ten coaches, not Big East. Wright will never be ranked in the Top Ten in wins of Big Ten history. Just as Knight, Izzo or Keady are not ranked among the Big East’s winningest coaches.

This discussion was about Big Ten coaches, not Big East. Wright will never be ranked in the Top Ten in wins of Big Ten history. Just as Knight, Izzo or Keady are not ranked among the Big East’s winningest coaches.
So you are assuming Izzo just stops coaching after this year? Most Big Ten programs don’t just hand the keys to an inexperienced coach right away.

You think he will go down as the winningest coach of all time without a Final 4?

So you are assuming Izzo just stops coaching after this year? Most Big Ten programs don’t just hand the keys to an inexperienced coach right away.

You think he will go down as the winningest coach of all time without a Final 4?
You Overthink too much fella.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT