ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue is definitely beatable.

They do not. They finally quit playing that a few years ago.
I thought Painter pissed off people but got it stopped. Fief what it’s worth I think Painter is a good guy and good coach.

I thought Painter pissed off people but got it stopped. Fief what it’s worth I think Painter is a good guy and good coach.
I'm honestly not sure who led the charge. Maybe it was Painter, maybe it was Bobinski and Daniel's? I remember Painter having some words on it now that you say it. Glad it's gone though. He's think he's a pretty good coach and seems to learn from past mistakes. It will be interesting to see the next 5 to 10 years play out for him imo.

In an effort to stop the embarassing chants the band stopped playing Hail Fire which features IU Sucks as it's centerpiece. Fortunately, the obsession is so inbred that it found it's way back immediately in other forms.

I know I speak for 99.9% of all IU grads in hoping that this deeply-rooted tradition in all aspects of campus and alumni life never ever goes away.

It defines pu students and alumni and the one-sided obsession of the rivalry perfectly.

I'm honestly not sure who led the charge. Maybe it was Painter, maybe it was Bobinski and Daniel's? I remember Painter having some words on it now that you say it. Glad it's gone though. He's think he's a pretty good coach and seems to learn from past mistakes. It will be interesting to see the next 5 to 10 years play out for him imo.
A friend of mine who’s a Purdue grad and friend of Painter said the turnaround for Painter was after the last place finish in 2014. He hired Chad Brown and started testing all recruits before offering them.

Reactions: B_Town_Buford
A friend of mine who’s a Purdue grad and friend of Painter said the turnaround for Painter was after the last place finish in 2014. He hired Chad Brown and started testing all recruits before offering them.

That's interesting. I haven't heard of Chad Brown. I know that changed things for Painter. It felt like he had gotten away from who he was in his recruiting and it really affected a lot of areas on the program. I'd guess a lot of young coaches go through similar things, he just happened to be one of the few at a P5 program at that age. I think PJ Thompson is being groomed now.

Your board did. Cute to see that the first thing you did when you woke up was run to this board.
Woah. No. I hit up the Purdue board. This board. Popped over to Nebraska. Popped over to Iowa. Jumped on Twitter. It's my morning wakeup routine. Take 10 minutes to just kind of wake up. The issue here is you refuse to see everything and pick and choose what you want from my actions and try to turn them on me. You shouldn't do that.

Reactions: BANNERZontheWALL
Purdue does lead the conference in numbers of undergrads spending Saturday nights writing algorithms to search for stats where they're better than IU!
Back in the day, a lot of the Purdue students were seen wearing slide rules leather holstered to their belts while walking between classes. Today we call them retired scientists who never figured anything out past the readings of their nearly frictionless pieces of wood. They're not into sports-they never were. They read old copies of Scientific American to relive their glory daze, void of social interaction outside the barnyard.

Woah. No. I hit up the Purdue board. This board. Popped over to Nebraska. Popped over to Iowa. Jumped on Twitter. It's my morning wakeup routine. Take 10 minutes to just kind of wake up. The issue here is you refuse to see everything and pick and choose what you want from my actions and try to turn them on me. You shouldn't do that.
Nebraska has a bball board? Wow that must be a fun way to start a Monday morning...How long before Fred starts feeling the heat? The program sunk a ba-zillion into the new facilities...nice shiny dome stadium. Nicest place in America to watch a shitty home team.

Nebraska has a bball board? Wow that must be a fun way to start a Monday morning...How long before Fred starts feeling the heat? The program sunk a ba-zillion into the new facilities...nice shiny dome stadium. Nicest place in America to watch a shitty home team.
Ya. They aren't thrilled. It's actually just one main board. I know a few Nebraska fans, so I try to keep up. The basketball arena is amazing from the outside. I was hoping to go before covid hit. Hopefully I can make it this season or next. Football stadium is awesome. If you haven't been to Lincoln for a football game, do it! Nicest fans in the big ten. I'm not sure I bought a drink that day. I thought Fred was a home run hire for them.

Reactions: stollcpa
Ya. They aren't thrilled. It's actually just one main board. I know a few Nebraska fans, so I try to keep up. The basketball arena is amazing from the outside. I was hoping to go before covid hit. Hopefully I can make it this season or next. Football stadium is awesome. If you haven't been to Lincoln for a football game, do it! Nicest fans in the big ten. I'm not sure I bought a drink that day. I thought Fred was a home run hire for them.
I was actually in Lincoln several yrs back on business when they were completing the bball stadium. Bright sunny day, I bet you could have seen that thing from the moon. Not sure why Fred is struggling, except that Neb has always been a fball school and he's the bball coach in a meat grinder conference, coaching a team with next to no basketball legacy. Tough pull for anyone.

Reactions: stollcpa
I was actually in Lincoln several yrs back on business when they were completing the bball stadium. Bright sunny day, I bet you could have seen that thing from the moon. Not sure why Fred is struggling, except that Neb has always been a fball school and he's the bball coach in a meat grinder conference, coaching a team with next to no basketball legacy. Tough pull for anyone.
Ya. Definitely tough. But there is great fan support and honestly, some pretty talented local guys. I'd have never thought he'd be worse than Tim Miles.

Wait so you patrol 4 different boards for comments about Purdue that you can insert yourself into? You truly need help.

• Wow
No. I discuss their teams primarily. And read about their teams. I don't seek Purdue stuff. It just happens to be there. Do you want to keep assuming stuff about me? It's getting really old.
I couldn't care less what's "getting really old" to you. You being here is "getting really old" to most of us here.

If you don't discuss Purdue on those boards, why do you ONLY discuss Purdue on this board? Maybe you just shouldn't come here anymore?

I couldn't care less what's "getting really old" to you. You being here is "getting really old" to most of us here.

If you don't discuss Purdue on those boards, why do you ONLY discuss Purdue on this board? Maybe you just shouldn't come here anymore?
I don't. I discuss and pose questions about iu as well. Mostly on the football side, but to say I only discuss Purdue on this board is laughable. I legit just discussed Nebraska with zero Purdue reference in this thread. Now please stop trying to pin me as something I'm not. I'm tired of it and you have to be tired of being wrong about my "obsession" with iu and only iu. Good day.

I don't. I discuss and pose questions about iu as well. Mostly on the football side, but to say I only discuss Purdue on this board is laughable. I legit just discussed Nebraska with zero Purdue reference in this thread. Now please stop trying to pin me as something I'm not. I'm tired of it and you have to be tired of being wrong about my "obsession" with iu and only iu. Good day.
Your obsession with IU is obvious. You get butthurt when people comment bad things about Purdue, and feel the need to "correct us". If you don't want to be seen as a Purdouche seeking validation from big brother, don't come here. Until then.... POTFB.

I see Trojan is at it again, picking chicken fights and getting off on the attention he thinks he gets. I understand he was kicked off the national board for being a jerk. Too bad you guys still tolerate him.
Welcome to party. Did you come here seeking validation too?

In an effort to stop the embarassing chants the band stopped playing Hail Fire which features IU Sucks as it's centerpiece. Fortunately, the obsession is so inbred that it found it's way back immediately in other forms.

I know I speak for 99.9% of all IU grads in hoping that this deeply-rooted tradition in all aspects of campus and alumni life never ever goes away.

It defines pu students and alumni and the one-sided obsession of the rivalry perfectly.
I think the PU band should play Mony Mony every chance it gets.

The crowd chants during that one would make the band famous (even despite not truly having "The World's Largest Drum").

Reactions: 13thman
Which means you were on the GBI board to figure that out… These constant comments dissing Purdue fans for coming on this board/caring about Indiana’s results are so hilariously hypocritical… Been that way for decades
I don’t post over there anymore. Purdue fans can come over here all they want if they don’t post.

• Haha
Yes, I have been a life long closet IU fan. I just want to be able to say it out loud. Thanks for helping get to this point. Who do we play next? Let do this.
Our next opponent will test your newly found fandom. We play Notre Dame. Your old school thinks they are rivals with both.

90% of your comments are about Purdue or their fans lol
#1 That would be logical in a PU related thread.
#2 I stay on my own board unlike you
#3 90# of your likes and comments are about ...me You just liked 14 of my posts in a row which is what you created this troll account for...right?

Hope this helps Cletus.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT