ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue is definitely beatable.

I think your missing the point. You bash Purdue fans for coming here and posting when you clearly also visit their board. It’s the pot calling the kettle black.
I haven't posted on your site since 2015.

Yet here you and other trolls are... when you have the best team in the history of pu...living on the IU boards.

Says it all with 100% clarity. You are what you are.

Hope this helps.

I haven't posted on your site since 2015.

Yet here you and other trolls are... when you have the best team in the history of pu...living on the IU boards.

Says it all with 100% clarity. You are what you are.

Hope this helps.
Wow, reading comp lol. We are talking about visiting the other team’s boards, something we both do based on your comments. Also, I get notifications when someone comments on something I said. I post where I like and when I see fit.

Let me break it down like this: if we both visit the other team’s board, but only one of us dares to leave a comment, who really is the sadder one?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: SleepyMikeWoody
One thing they lack is Athleticism. Which is why they won’t make the Final Four. Bring massive pressure defensively towards them, and they struggle mightily to create scoring chances.
Everyone is "beatable"...its a relative comparison.

Since you're posting on an IU message board, I assume you're saying IU can beat them?

Yes...IU could beat them. They don't have dominant guards, our bigs are our strength, so we could contend well with them up front, Stophonavich is streaky. All those things play out for a game, we could beat them.

But Ivey is a problem. And I think they've filled the cracks in their lineup (Wheeler, Beaudreaux) that they relied on for big minutes, but were not very good...from their last couple teams...with MUCH improved minutes from Ivey and Edey, and a much more reliable player in Furst.

I'm not sure IU, at this point, has filled their cracks or answered their question marks as fully as Purdue has...and they've owned us in recent years. So I think us beating them this year is a tall task.

In an effort to stop the embarassing chants the band stopped playing Hail Fire which features IU Sucks as it's centerpiece. Fortunately, the obsession is so inbred that it found it's way back immediately in other forms.

I know I speak for 99.9% of all IU grads in hoping that this deeply-rooted tradition in all aspects of campus and alumni life never ever goes away.

It defines pu students and alumni and the one-sided obsession of the rivalry perfectly.
The fact that you regularly speak to it indicates it is not as one-sided as you profess.

• Love
And yet here you are...

Led with your chin on that one Bubba.
I grew up in Indiana. As a young kid from North central Indiana I was interested in, and a fan of both teams. Attended Purdue in the mid 80s, but have always been interested in both and wish IU success except when playing Purdue. That’s why I regularly come on here. Why did/do you visit GBI regularly?

Your strategy of literally just never addressing or responding to what people actually say when they own you is a good one.
ummm...did you even read the post you responded to. I did exactly that and in perfect stride. The next time some embittered puketroll "ownes" me...will be the first.

Your new account here is off to a very poor start. Try harder, or ask for help.

• Haha
How many wins do we have in April? I think the answer is also 0.
You are right. "broilees have never won an NCAA game in the last 9 days of March, and they never will." IU has won at least 7 games in that time period.

Last edited:
With those guards…against a good press? Lapse in defense?
Why not 5 years from now? Or 10? They didn't say this year, they said never. As for this year, depends on how Purdue shoots. We will see. They have the guards coming in the future with Colvin and DGL.

Why not 5 years from now? Or 10? They didn't say this year, they said never. As for this year, depends on how Purdue shoots. We will see. They have the guards coming in the future with Colvin and DGL.
He used the word "won". Past tense.

Matt Painter is not Gene Keady. He has a different work ethic and Gene‘ s ceiling was much lower and he never enjoyed recruiting as much as Matt. He has transformed himself and is going to be a factor for many more years and a HOF call will come sooner rather than later. Get used to it!

• Haha
Reactions: Victorbmyboy
Matt Painter is not Gene Keady. He has a different work ethic and Gene‘ s ceiling was much lower and he never enjoyed recruiting as much as Matt. He has transformed himself and is going to be a factor for many more years and a HOF call will come sooner rather than later. Get used to it!
Do you think he will stay in WL or move to a bigger program and out of the shadow? I agree that he is a very good coach that could really excel where he has more resources and without a bigger in state program to battle.

Do you think he will stay in WL or move to a bigger program and out of the shadow? I agree that he is a very good coach that could really excel where he has more resources and without a bigger in state program to battle.
I don't think he's going anywhere? Why would he? He has everything he needs and all the resources he needs. What's he don't with it? His pushed the program to heights and recruiting to heights that hasn't been seen for a long time.

It's not a coincidence every sport has improved under Bobinski. Hes a really good AD.

I don't think he's going anywhere? Why would he? He has everything he needs and all the resources he needs. What's he don't with it? His pushed the program to heights and recruiting to heights that hasn't been seen for a long time.

It's not a coincidence every sport has improved under Bobinski. Hes a really good AD.
Your homerism gets the best of you at times.

and you will lose Ivey, Edey and the Hamburglar. Better get it while you can.

Just stop. We’ve been saying this for almost ten years now. We’ve beat them once. Until we are consistently beating Purdue again, this is one of the dumbest arguments out there.

They’ve gone from Vince Edwards/Hammons to Haas/Vince Edwards/Swanigan to Carson Edwards/Cline/Mathias and now Ivey/Williams/Edey. Probably others that I’m missing. Are you that dense to see Painter has that train rolling and reloading? Go look at their freshmen class and next years class.

Last edited:
Just stop. We’ve been saying this for almost ten years now. We’ve beat them once. Until we are consistently beating Purdue again, this is one of the dumbest arguments out there.

They’ve gone from Vince Edwards/Hammons to Haas/Vince Edwards/Swanigan to Carson Edwards/Cline/Mathias and now Ivey/Williams/Edey. Probably others that I’m missing. Are you that dense to see Painter has that train rolling and reloading? Go look at their freshmen class and next years class.
Their 2022 class is weak.

What has Painter accomplished with that “rolling and reloading” train?

They are in line to lose Ivey, Edey, Williams, Sasha, and Hunter. If/when that happens there will be a major step back taken. If Purdue is ever going to do anything in March, this is the team that would need to do it.

You may want to look at the post I responded to before wetting your pants. The subject wasn't "beating IU" it was success in the tourney.

This is the best team by far so he better get it now as he has consistently fallen short of potential per your own list of players.

hope this helps

Their 2022 class is weak.

What has Painter accomplished with that “rolling and reloading” train?

They are in line to lose Ivey, Edey, Williams, Sasha, and Hunter. If/when that happens there will be a major step back taken. If Purdue is ever going to do anything in March, this is the team that would need to do it.
Why is it assumed Edey is gone? And we will see how their 2022 class turns out. I'm not willing to label a class until I see them. Especially when you call it weak. 2023 class looks damn good though.

Why is it assumed Edey is gone? And we will see how their 2022 class turns out. I'm not willing to label a class until I see them. Especially when you call it weak. 2023 class looks damn good though.
His stock will never be better than it is after this year and it’s a very weak draft class. Your mod has even said it’s a very real possibility Edey is gone after the year.

Who is an instant impact player in your 2022 class?

Your 2023 class is good on paper, but misleading. You guys tried to argue that IU’s football recruiting class wasn’t as good as it seemed because our best player was a coaches son and our second best player has a brother on the team. Colvin is a legacy that would only consider Purdue, and DGL had no other live offers other than Purdue.

You may want to look at the post I responded to before wetting your pants. The subject wasn't "beating IU" it was success in the tourney.

This is the best team by far so he better get it now as he has consistently fallen short of potential per your own list of players.

hope this helps

You’re also a dolt if you think the best teams always win in March and the season is a failure if you don’t win every game in the NCAA tourney.

The NCAA tourney is a crap shoot. The goal for any coach nowadays is to continually make the dance with quality teams. Eventually you’ll break through.

Nowadays, Final Fours often happen when you’re least expecting. If Painter continues putting teams on a 4 line or better, eventually things will break his way and he will make a Final Four. I actually don’t think he does it this year… but it’s not like their program won’t have as good a chance as almost everyone else over the next 2-5 years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT