ADVERTISEMENT

PU vs UT

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://images.sidearmdev.com/resize?url=https://dxbhsrqyrr690.cloudfront.net/sidearm.nextgen.sites/gomarquette.com/images/2023/11/22/Tip.jpg&height=1100

Purdue quickly sold out its allocation from my understanding. And this photo doesn’t represent the open market seats behind the basket and opposite side of the court. It’s also impossible to really dominate a stadium in this type of event because all teams are allocated tickets, plus corporate, plus donated tickets to Maui residents. ESPN commentators made references each game to Purdue crowd size. But your argument is a reflection of the irrelevant status of your program. You insist that Purdue had 22 fans in attendance. Nobody really believes that. Maybe fire 3 or 4 more coaches and you’ll get it right.
You seem to be awfully engaged in this whole thing. Maybe that's what puffed out pride does to those not used to it. Your bubble will be bursting soon. Bubbles always do.

I did answer the question. You feel like Painter would be better at IU. I'm pointing out that mid majors with lesser resources than PU have been able to reach Final Fours and beat Painter when it matters. Tom Crean had a better resume than Matt, and he didn't last. I think Matt is who he is, and it isn't great.
No, you really didn't. You are looking at Matt with, as you like to say, bad unathletic recruits that can't compete with athletes. With iu recruiting, Painter would never get out athleted, theoretically. So your argument doesn't really answer the question. Now, if you assume all things equal, then your comparison makes sense.

I think you caught Courtsense in a flat out lie. 22 people? Yea, right...
I don’t know if people lied about Maui attendance or not, but what I know is a recent MSG tourney was so poorly attended, the sponsors didn’t even announce the attendance, and that was with UConn in the field.

Last edited:
Reactions: z_one
https://images.sidearmdev.com/resize?url=https://dxbhsrqyrr690.cloudfront.net/sidearm.nextgen.sites/gomarquette.com/images/2023/11/22/Tip.jpg&height=1100

Purdue quickly sold out its allocation from my understanding. And this photo doesn’t represent the open market seats behind the basket and opposite side of the court. It’s also impossible to really dominate a stadium in this type of event because all teams are allocated tickets, plus corporate, plus donated tickets to Maui residents. ESPN commentators made references each game to Purdue crowd size. But your argument is a reflection of the irrelevant status of your program. You insist that Purdue had 22 fans in attendance. Nobody really believes that. Maybe fire 3 or 4 more coaches and you’ll get it right.

You guys were no shows as you always are away from the tin hog barn. IU dominates the Maui party every time.

No new new here.

I don’t know if people lied about Maui attendance or not, but what I know is a recent MSG tourney was so poorly attended, the sponsors didn’t even announce the attendance, and that was with UConn in the field.
IU had a great crowd at MSG. UConn was a distant second

I think you caught Courtsense in a flat out lie. 22 people? Yea, right...
That photo means nothing and even if it was the pu fan base that is freaking pathetic for a highly rated team.

Could be 122 or 222 but still woof

No, you really didn't. You are looking at Matt with, as you like to say, bad unathletic recruits that can't compete with athletes. With iu recruiting, Painter would never get out athleted, theoretically. So your argument doesn't really answer the question. Now, if you assume all things equal, then your comparison makes sense.
I sure did. Mid-majors with less resources have exceeded what Matt has been able to do. He doesn't need more resources, better talent, etc. to exceed mid-majors.

Reactions: stollcpa
Maybe IU can hire one of those mid major coaches to resurrect the program from irrelevance. Oh sorry. That was already tried. Twice

Maybe IU can hire one of those mid major coaches to resurrect the program from irrelevance. Oh sorry. That was already tried. Twice
PU has never been relevant. At least IU has standards. PU accepted mediocrity a long, long time ago. It is why you are here right now on a national holiday. You just worry about whether your coach can beat a mid major when it matters in year 20 of his tenure.

Let's watch the highlights!

• Haha
Reactions: stollcpa and z_one
PU has never been relevant. At least IU has standards. PU accepted mediocrity a long, long time ago. It is why you are here right now on a national holiday. You just worry about whether your coach can beat a mid major when it matters in year 20 of his tenure.

If Purdue is not relevant why have IU fans rushed the court the last two years against the Boilers?

Except against IU. LOL
Mike Davis was 9-2 against Keady, lol. Sure, let's compare RMK's resume to Keady's.

Let's watch some highlights. Fun fact: FDU did not win their conference tourney or season, and they only qualified for the NCAAT because Merrimack was a D2 School transitioning to D1.

At this moment..It's two L's in the Hoosiers column from them..
All I have to do is look at what happened to Tom Crean. Painter would have been fired years ago. Big Ten titles and Sweet 16's sometimes aren't good enough. Could you imagine if an IU coach well into their tenure lost to a 13, 15,and 16 seed in a row? That coach would be hide strapped to a pine rail and sent up the Monon Line. Painter and PU are the worst end of the year performers in NCAA history.
Sorry, but losing to those seeds would be a huge improvement for IU. At least it meant they made the tournament. What are we looking at one out of the last six?

Reactions: Emartin70287

Purdue will be the #1 ranked team in the country for 3 straight years. Yes they have lost in the tournament early but hardly irrelevant. Jumbo when was the last time IU was ranked in the top 5 let alone #1?

Mike Davis was 9-2 against Keady. Bob Knight would easily have a winning record against Keady if he hadn't been fired, plus at least another FF.

Keady isn't a HOF coach: he never won anything and always choked when it mattered.
Dude, you make the same three comments over and over. 9 or 10 times is probably enough. Get some new material and give the rest of the board a break.

Dude, you make the same three comments over and over. 9 or 10 times is probably enough. Get some new material and give the rest of the board a break.
PU lost to #16 seed FDU, which was the worst loss in NCAAT history: let's watch the highlights

• Haha
Reactions: z_one
Purdue will be the #1 ranked team in the country for 3 straight years. Yes they have lost in the tournament early but hardly irrelevant. Jumbo when was the last time IU was ranked in the top 5 let alone #1?
What was FDU ranked? 330 or so?

Woody (with 2 average teams) is 3-1 against these jokers featuring their best-ever squads. And yet, they’re over here acting all self-righteous. SMDH.

What was FDU ranked? 330 or so?
so you can’t answer the question? When was the last time IU was ranked in the top 5? You might want to switch to being a FDU fan as they look like they may win more games than IU and given your infatuation with fdu.

Painter never would have made it to year 20. IU fired Crean for similar results: it is a fact. If you are good with sh*tting the bed against mid-majors when it matters, Painter is your man.

How has that worked out for us?

And Painter has won 6 Big Ten trophies to Crean’s 2. Painter also has an elite 8 and multiple sweet 16s. Way better than Crean.

How has that worked out for us?

And Painter has won 6 Big Ten trophies to Crean’s 2. Painter also has an elite 8 and multiple sweet 16s. Way better than Crean.
He's been at PU over 2 times as long. Crean has been to more Final Fours than Keady and Painter combined.

Last edited:
so you can’t answer the question? When was the last time IU was ranked in the top 5? You might want to switch to being a FDU fan as they look like they may win more games than IU and given your infatuation with fdu.
I remember my first Tom Crean: he was ranked #1 and top 5. FDU was ranked 330. When was the last time PU beat IU? When was the last time PU went to a Final Four? #16 FDU loss was the worst loss in NCAA history. Let's watch the highlights.

You guys were no shows as you always are away from the tin hog barn. IU dominates the Maui party every time.

No new new here.
I'm not sure how anyone can look at this photo (which isn't being played in Maui...) and say Purdue no showed. I know your hatred of Purdue trumps even your love for IU, but thats a weak argument.

Reactions: Emartin70287
Dumbass clown, Purdue was lauded in all 3 games by the announcers for our fans. We showed out. What did IU do this week? Win a squeaker against a rocking Louisville? Hang that banner baby lmao
Why do you guys keep saying "hang that banner" when PU is the one with the fake banner?

Is that Helm's wit or something, because it's lame AF.. if you're going to shit talk owning yourself is probably not an effective way to do it....

• Love
Reactions: stollcpa
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT