ADVERTISEMENT

PU vs UT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Threats and encouraging violence against females on this site….get some hep.
Oh, so it's ok for him to insult my wife, but when I ask him to walk to walk, I'm the issue. Got it. I'll delete the post as it was unnecessary, but my point remains. Call me whatever you want. Don't bring my wife into it. Not sure where I was encouraging violence against females though. I don't do that.

Good post. You have obviously thought a lot about it.
Thinking about how you might stop the most unique player in college bball? Yeah, I generally think about how I'd try and stop anyone who's playing well in any game I watch.

Threats and encouraging violence against females on this site….get some hep.
I don't know what it is, because I've met some truly great folks who were Boilers, but they also have a much higher percentage of folks who are a bit retarded socially and they often just don't "get" how to interact normally or properly. They zig, when everyone else would zag.

I remember what a female PU friend told me long ago, about the dating scene for a female at Purdue: "the odds are good, but the goods are odd!" That statement gets reinforced frequently when their fans visit here. Threatening to bring your wife to kick someone's ass based off a generic internet insult qualifies. Mooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

No one asked for your self-reflection.
well, you and your ilk have been asked a plenty to vacate the premises, and that hasn't helped, so as long as you're visiting our board, you're subjected to our posts. See my post above! MOOOOOOOOOOOOve along!

Oh, so it's ok for him to insult my wife, but when I ask him to walk to walk, I'm the issue. Got it. I'll delete the post as it was unnecessary, but my point remains. Call me whatever you want. Don't bring my wife into it. Not sure where I was encouraging violence against females though. I don't do that.
Stop the drama Karen. He didn’t insult your wife. “fatty” is merely a dig at the average PU coed and you know it. Everybody knows it.

Reactions: kkott
The OP …which was from me, was about the physicality of the TN game. Not about defending the legacy of pork chop. Swing n miss.

But it sure did attract the usual swarm of little brother flies, as usual.
So you didn't have Purdue in the title of the thread? LOL, Yes, little brother will be #1 and Big Brother will be unranked. LOL

So you didn't have Purdue in the title of the thread? LOL, Yes, little brother will be #1 and Big Brother will be unranked. LOL
FDU was ranked 330. You have to make a big deal about November when you can't win in March. Let's watch the highlights:

I see where Crean is a Fox Sports analyst now. I don't think he is a very hot commodity in the coaching world.
And he's been to more FF's than Keady and Painter combined. PU: the school that gets outperformed by Tom Crean, Mike Davis, and mid-majors when it matters and rewards Crean results with employment.

• Haha
Reactions: z_one
And he's been to more FF's than Keady and Painter combined. PU: the school that gets outperformed by Tom Crean, Mike Davis, and mid-majors when it matters and rewards Crean results with employment.
And IU fires the coaches that outperform Purdue and spins off into irrelevance. LOL IU is ranked #1 under Crean, Crean fired, IU ranked? LOL

Last edited:
Reference to the two teams playing in the game presently on tv at that time. If it had been Arizona vs Michigan State the title would have read “AZ vs MSU game”. The reference was regarding the physicality of the game being allowed by the refs. Made no mention to any players or coaches.

We may be unranked. But as you said, we’ll always be big brother. That’s why you’re here and why I’m NOT on GBI.

Stop the drama Karen. He didn’t insult your wife. “fatty” is merely a dig at the average PU coed and you know it. Everybody knows it.
Ah. My apologies. He is insulting an entire population makes it way better. Lol and I don't need to chase anyone. Happily married. Logging off this thread. Not here to insult and tear down. Just talk sports. See ya.

Reference to the two teams playing in the game presently on tv at that time. If it had been Arizona vs Michigan State the title would have read “AZ vs MSU game”. The reference was regarding the physicality of the game being allowed by the refs. Made no mention to any players or coaches.

We may be unranked. But as you said, we’ll always be big brother. That’s why you’re here and why I’m NOT on GBI.
"Big Brother" that gets his ass handed to him by "little brother" on a regular basis. LOL I came here because I was invited by your thread. Yes, you are unranked. LOL "Big Brother" LMAO

well, you and your ilk have been asked a plenty to vacate the premises, and that hasn't helped, so as long as you're visiting our board, you're subjected to our posts. See my post above! MOOOOOOOOOOOOve along!
I’m sorry. I thought we were having a nice conversation where you make a deeply thought out, almost obsessive post about Purdue basketball, and I compliment it. I didn’t know I was missing a social cue. I apologize.

"Big Brother" that gets his ass handed to him by "little brother" on a regular basis. LOL I came here because I was invited by your thread. Yes, you are unranked. LOL "Big Brother" LMAO
If losing 3 of the last 4, including a
Second half ass kicking in Mackey last year, is what you consider handing us our ass, then please keep up the ass handing.

Rankings are fun. Until March and the tourney. Then rankings turn into reality. And embarrassing, historic losses.

Invited? What in the hell are you talking about?

I’m sorry. I thought we were having a nice conversation where you make a deeply thought out, almost obsessive post about Purdue basketball, and I compliment it. I didn’t know I was missing a social cue. I apologize.
I just want to thank all of the pu trolls here for giving up Thanksgiving Day with their families so they could all be here begging for a shred of respect from big brother.

Now time to take the rancid garbage out please.

I just want to thank all of the pu trolls here for giving up Thanksgiving Day with their families so they could all be here begging for a shred of respect from big brother.

Now time to take the rancid garbage out please.
You know I'm no troll Court. You and I go way back. I have purposely not posted anything on your responses.

Or better yet, ask yourself why you are spending time on IU's free board seeking validation?
So I have to be seeking validation to read what other people are talking about? I only responded because of the absolute ridiculous takes.

You watched every second so you know
So, no linky?

I watched every second of the 10 minutes my television was tuned to the game. There were about 5k people in a 20k arena from what I saw. It sounded like a high school gym.

I can’t say whether the percentage of IU fans exceeded the percentage of UConn fans. What I can say is that I didn’t see any sandwiches hurled on the court, so I doubt many IU fans were there.

Get lost!

Second half ass kicking in Mackey last year, is what you consider handing us our ass, then please keep up the ass handing.

Rankings are fun. Until March and the tourney. Then rankings turn into reality. And embarrassing, historic losses.

Just look at the head to head and the BT championships "Big Brother" LOL All you have is talk. Yes rankings are fun until march. That is if YOU make it. Will you? LOL

It's a good narrative, and maybe it will hold water; we'll see. But when I've watched PU, Heide and Colvin haven't played much. Jones is the only one who plays enough to be an impact. Is it enough of a difference? I don't know, but PU is still 90% the same as last year. And, that's not bad, you guys have won a shit ton of games and are a team I mostly enjoy watching how you play (not a fan of Frankenball, but he seems like a good kid that plays the right way, it's just not a way I enjoy watching), but I still think you have the same deficiencies. Smith does look better, but will it be enough when you need it? We'll see.
You have some points, but the thing that is being ignored is that Jones makes a big impact on this team. Painter is playing a completely different mix compared to last year. Yes, Smith, Loyer and Edey are getting the same playing time, but everything else has changed. Loyer and Smith have become much better than last year. Jones is very athletic and a good defender as well as being able to score (something Morton struggled with last year who was a starter).

Speaking of Morton, he's barely playing this year. He was playing 25 min per game last year and was a huge liability outside of his defense. He's averaging 10 minutes per game, which is the same amount as Colvin. Colvin, however, has proven to be a very good shooter going for 9-14 from 3 so far. Colvin hardly played in the games vs Tennessee and Marquette (5 min per game average in those two). If you take the minutes played the other 4 games, Colvin is averaging 13 min per game. He's young and will improve. Probably just not quite ready for big minutes vs top tier teams like Tennessee and Marquette.

So, the point I was making until I went on a tangent is that our starting 5 is different/more athletic and our sub rotations are different. Guys that played big minutes last year aren't this year. Furst was a starter with Morton and Furst comes off the bench now. It's the same team, but very different.

• Haha
Reactions: HoosierJimbo89
Lack of post season tournament success is what soured Hoosier Nation against Bob Knight in a groundswell of disgruntlement exacerbated by the jaded media.

You do realize Painter is still young? Purdue probably has two back to back HOF coaches in-the-making. If only IU had been as lucky. Yes, PU has a dismal post season record of late, but one of these years all our laughter may drown in sorrow. I can't help but think of the broken clock that eventually gets it right. This may just be their year but if not, don't be surprised if Edey comes back for a fifth year. His NIL deal may be too much to walk away from.
They tend to act as if these last couple years take away the fact that Painter took a team to the E8 and almost beat the eventual national champion. These last 3 years are anomalous because of Covid. Mark my words, the tournament will start to normalize again after this year.

This is all you have. You live and die by a one loss tournament vs an entire body of work. Pathetic. Yes, I'd LOVE more NCAA success. Last years team was too young in key area's and that's why they took a skid towards the end. Not just in the NCAA. You could see it on the back half of conference play. I highly doubt that happens this year. I could be wrong, of course, but I doubt it.

It's the same team, but very different.
That's what I keep hearing from the Boiler Boys, who are practically falling out of the trees here now that the early season has returned and thoughts of FDU have (mostly) been banished. All I can tell you is that when I tune in to watch your biggest games so far, it's almost entirely the same guys playing the same way: looking to get the ball in to the Big Canuck at any and every opportunity, and then figuring things out if they can't. You can try and tell yourself that the new guys who were mostly sitting on the bench in the game and a half I watched, will make a difference, but they didn't when I saw.

Reactions: HoosierJimbo89
Ah. My apologies. He is insulting an entire population makes it way better. Lol and I don't need to chase anyone. Happily married. Logging off this thread. Not here to insult and tear down. Just talk sports. See ya.
Wait, don't leave yet: I only got to point... hahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahaha! OK, you can go now!

You have some points, but the thing that is being ignored is that Jones makes a big impact on this team. Painter is playing a completely different mix compared to last year. Yes, Smith, Loyer and Edey are getting the same playing time, but everything else has changed. Loyer and Smith have become much better than last year. Jones is very athletic and a good defender as well as being able to score (something Morton struggled with last year who was a starter).

Speaking of Morton, he's barely playing this year. He was playing 25 min per game last year and was a huge liability outside of his defense. He's averaging 10 minutes per game, which is the same amount as Colvin. Colvin, however, has proven to be a very good shooter going for 9-14 from 3 so far. Colvin hardly played in the games vs Tennessee and Marquette (5 min per game average in those two). If you take the minutes played the other 4 games, Colvin is averaging 13 min per game. He's young and will improve. Probably just not quite ready for big minutes vs top tier teams like Tennessee and Marquette.

So, the point I was making until I went on a tangent is that our starting 5 is different/more athletic and our sub rotations are different. Guys that played big minutes last year aren't this year. Furst was a starter with Morton and Furst comes off the bench now. It's the same team, but very different.
I think Colvin and Heide will start getting more minutes over the next several weeks and hopefully will have an impact come tourney time

This is quite the please validate Painter thread, lol. I consistently see about half of PU fans in comment sections say PU needs a different coach. I guess you can't help but be conflicted after experiencing the worst loss in NCAA tournament history and consistently crapping the bed against mid-majors this late into a coach's tenure. Plus, Woody is 3-1 against Painter.

It is November: calm down, PUkers. We've all seen this story play out many times, and it's normally Charlie Brown trying to kick a football. Let's watch the highlights.

Just look at the head to head and the BT championships "Big Brother" LOL All you have is talk. Yes rankings are fun until march. That is if YOU make it. Will you? LOL
I'll give you the peach basket era, which is where PU did most of its damage. Numerous Big Ten teams have outperformed Purdue during the NCAA era.

• Haha
They tend to act as if these last couple years take away the fact that Painter took a team to the E8 and almost beat the eventual national champion. These last 3 years are anomalous because of Covid. Mark my words, the tournament will start to normalize again after this year.
It's called an anomaly. Painter normally shits the bed in historic fashion against mid-majors well into his tenure. Tom Crean went to one Final Four: cool story, bro.

That's what I keep hearing from the Boiler Boys, who are practically falling out of the trees here now that the early season has returned and thoughts of FDU have (mostly) been banished. All I can tell you is that when I tune in to watch your biggest games so far, it's almost entirely the same guys playing the same way: looking to get the ball in to the Big Canuck at any and every opportunity, and then figuring things out if they can't. You can try and tell yourself that the new guys who were mostly sitting on the bench in the game and a half I watched, will make a difference, but they didn't when I saw.
I never said they were playing totally different. Why would you? It's proven to work. What's changed is that the biggest deficiencies have been addressed, as well as the two freshman from last year have taken pretty big steps forward. It was because of those two that we ended up #1 last year and also why we lost down the stretch. They were huge pieces of the team and hit the freshman wall so to speak. Plus, guys that had a hard time scoring last year are playing less this year. Much less.

I think Colvin and Heide will start getting more minutes over the next several weeks and hopefully will have an impact come tourney time
Yep.

Good to see Jimbo agrees. LOL good lord that dude is ridiculous. There are a lot of good posters here, but I'm surprised that dude is still around. Terrible take after terrible take.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT