ADVERTISEMENT

PU vs UT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, so it's ok for him to insult my wife, but when I ask him to walk to walk, I'm the issue. Got it. I'll delete the post as it was unnecessary, but my point remains. Call me whatever you want. Don't bring my wife into it. Not sure where I was encouraging violence against females though. I don't do that.
Don’t shoot any orders around here or you’ll be gone.

• Haha
Reactions: George.Smalley
I never said they were playing totally different. Why would you? It's proven to work. What's changed is that the biggest deficiencies have been addressed, as well as the two freshman from last year have taken pretty big steps forward. It was because of those two that we ended up #1 last year and also why we lost down the stretch. They were huge pieces of the team and hit the freshman wall so to speak. Plus, guys that had a hard time scoring last year are playing less this year. Much less.
It’s just a matter of time before those former freshmen “phenoms,” as you called them this same time last year, hit their “sophomore slump”. I guarantee it!

I'll give you Archie. Woodson is 3-1 against PU. Good luck with kicking that football, Charlie Brown!

FDU #16 was the worst loss in NCAAT history.
In the same time period Woodson has been at IU yes he’s 3-1 but would you rather have that or a BIG title and tournament title. Keep trying to kick that football.

Reactions: Bill4411
I'll give you Archie. Woodson is 3-1 against PU. Good luck with kicking that football, Charlie Brown!

FDU #16 was the worst loss in NCAAT history.
That IU team ranked number 1 with the number 2 and 4 players drafted was deemed the most underachieving team in college basketball. IU has their glory as well.
And the new goal for IU basketball is to make the tournament.

So, no linky?

I watched every second of the 10 minutes my television was tuned to the game. There were about 5k people in a 20k arena from what I saw. It sounded like a high school gym.

I can’t say whether the percentage of IU fans exceeded the percentage of UConn fans. What I can say is that I didn’t see any sandwiches hurled on the court, so I doubt many IU fans were there.

UConn had maybe 3000 and IU 5000. Place was loud.

Sandwiches? Dafaqu?

Glad to see you all back here today making fools of yourselves.

Bad news you clowns have earned zero credibility and zero respect.

So you have gained nothing in your lifelong goals of earning our respect.

Trash needs to go to the curb

That IU team ranked number 1 with the number 2 and 4 players drafted was deemed the most underachieving team in college basketball. IU has their glory as well.
And the new goal for IU basketball is to make the tournament.
I'd say Jordan's last year at UNC where he lost to IU in the S16 was the most underachieving team. If you want to go over to the UNC board and tell them that Dean Smith, Jordan, etc. stink, let me know so I can watch. Matt has been past the S16 once: I wouldn't knock it as a PU fan

Only 2 #16 seeds have ever won in the NCAAT, and FDU was clearly the worst loss. The FDU loss was the worst loss in NCAAT history. Let's watch the highlights:

This is all you have. You live and die by a one loss tournament vs an entire body of work. Pathetic. Yes, I'd LOVE more NCAA success. Last years team was too young in key area's and that's why they took a skid towards the end. Not just in the NCAA. You could see it on the back half of conference play. I highly doubt that happens this year. I could be wrong, of course, but I doubt it.
Still waiting to hear about that invite….

You won't give us anything. We are going to take it!
PU could rock the farm peach baskets pretty darn well. During the Coolidge administration, I heard they even scored 15 points one game out in Farmer Jones' Delphi barn once.

PU could rock the farm peach baskets pretty darn well. During the Coolidge administration, I heard they even scored 15 points one game out in Farmer Jones' Delphi barn once.
I even read that they let IU go to the infant NCAA tournament in their place because Purdue's coach didn't think playing an 8 team tournament was worth it. Oh if he had realized how proud the Hoosiers would be decades later of winning that tiny tournament way back when the peaches were falling out of the baskets. LOL

Last edited:
I even read that they let IU go to the infant NCAA tournament in their place because Purdue's coach didn't think playing an 8 game tournament was worth it. Oh if he had realized how proud the Hoosiers would be decades later of winning that tiny tournament way back when the peaches were falling out of the baskets. LOL
PU's NCAA era blunders are as numerous as the stars in the sky: perhaps it is a curse. The expansion of the tournament and IU's winning the tournament certainly validate their appearance. It is no 1932 Helm's bakery donut championship, I'll give you that: Purdue doesn't have that banner hanging by itself in the rafters.

Let's watch the highlights:

@HoosierJimbo89

"I'll give you the peach basket era, which is where PU did most of its damage. Numerous Big Ten teams have outperformed Purdue during the NCAA era."

Purdue did most of it's damage during the peach basket era? When exactly is that? You claim that teams have outperformed Purdue during the NCAA era making sound like Purdue hasn't been any good since the "NCAA era". Well the NCAA era would technically be from the mid 1950's on since the NIT was the premier tournament until then.

Since 1955:

Indiana 17
Michigan St 15
Ohio St 14
Purdue 12

Since 1984:

Purdue 10
Michigan St 10
Indiana 7
Ohio St 7

So you can clearly see that your argument only holds water if you go WAY back. The mid 50's to early 80's were good to IU. Outside of those decades you guys only have 5 B10 titles. Purdue has been the most consistent program over time and is proving to be THE top program right now.

Reactions: Bill4411
@HoosierJimbo89

"I'll give you the peach basket era, which is where PU did most of its damage. Numerous Big Ten teams have outperformed Purdue during the NCAA era."

Purdue did most of it's damage during the peach basket era? When exactly is that? You claim that teams have outperformed Purdue during the NCAA era making sound like Purdue hasn't been any good since the "NCAA era". Well the NCAA era would technically be from the mid 1950's on since the NIT was the premier tournament until then.

Since 1955:

Indiana 17
Michigan St 15
Ohio St 14
Purdue 12

Since 1984:

Purdue 10
Michigan St 10
Indiana 7
Ohio St 7

So you can clearly see that your argument only holds water if you go WAY back. The mid 50's to early 80's were good to IU. Outside of those decades you guys only have 5 B10 titles. Purdue has been the most consistent program over time and is proving to be THE top program right now.
Prior to the 1939 NCAA era. PU won most of its Big Ten titles prior to 1939. Multiple Big Ten teams have won an NCAAT and been to a FF since PU's last one in 1980.

I'd say Jordan's last year at UNC where he lost to IU in the S16 was the most underachieving team. If you want to go over to the UNC board and tell them that Dean Smith, Jordan, etc. stink, let me know so I can watch. Matt has been past the S16 once: I wouldn't knock it as a PU fan

Only 2 #16 seeds have ever won in the NCAAT, and FDU was clearly the worst loss. The FDU loss was the worst loss in NCAAT history. Let's watch the highlights:

Dude, it's time for a reality check. FDU was not the worst loss ever. They were a 16 seed. So was UMBC. Acting like there's some huge differentiation between the two is just stupid. They made the field of 68 did they not? If there were a better team they would have been in over them.

Virginia was the #1 overall seed when they lost to UMBC by 21! They got smoked and they were the TOP OVERALL SEED.

Purdue was the last #1 seed. There was some serious question as to whether they'd even be a #1. FDU won by 5. To look at the sets of facts here and try to make the claim that you are shows how biased you are.

Last edited:
Prior to the 1939 NCAA era. PU won most of its Big Ten titles prior to 1939. Multiple Big Ten teams have won an NCAAT and been to a FF since PU's last one in 1980.
You're wrong and you obviously didn't read anything I just post. Roughly HALF of Purdue's titles are since 1969, so claiming most of our titles are prior to 1939 is not only completely wrong, but it's dumb because I gave you the information and you preceded to post said dumb statement. In fact, we've won just as many titles since 1984 as we did prior to 1939.

However, now I see that you decided to move the goal posts since you realized that your argument was baseless.

Dude, it's time for a reality check. FDU was not the worst loss ever. They were a 16 seed. So was UMBC. Acting like there's some huge differentiation between the two is just stupid. They made the field of 68 did they not? If there were a better team they would have been in over them.

Virginia was the #1 overall seed when they lost to UMBC. Virginia lost by 21! They got smoked and they were the TOP OVERALL SEED.

Purdue was the last #1 seed. There was some serious question as to whether they'd even be a #1. FDU won by 5. To look at the sets of facts here and try to make the claim that you are shows how biased you are.
OK, second worst ever in the history of the tournament? THAT makes you feel better?

Virginia was the #1 overall seed when they lost to UMBC. Virginia lost by 21! They got smoked and they were the TOP OVERALL SEED.

UMBC won their conference tourney and were like 130 in KenPom. If you truly want to learn about how historically bad of a loss FDU was, check out this podcast:

• Haha
Reactions: Boilermaker03
You're wrong and you obviously didn't read anything I just post. Roughly HALF of Purdue's titles are since 1969, so claiming most of our titles are prior to 1939 is not only completely wrong, but it's dumb because I gave you the information and you preceded to post said dumb statement. In fact, we've won just as many titles since 1984 as we did prior to 1939.

However, now I see that you decided to move the goal posts since you realized that your argument was baseless.
PU won 12 BT titles prior to 1939, and #13 was 1940. If you want to split hairs, you have a little point.

Now, let's watch the highlights:

PU's NCAA era blunders are as numerous as the stars in the sky: perhaps it is a curse. The expansion of the tournament and IU's winning the tournament certainly validate their appearance. It is no 1932 Helm's bakery donut championship, I'll give you that: Purdue doesn't have that banner hanging by itself in the rafters.

Let's watch the highlights:

1940 LOL. 8 teams, LOL. Purdue declined, LOL. We should pull a Crean and hang a banner for 1940 since we allowed IU to take our place. LOL

Reactions: Boilermaker03
I remember my first Tom Crean: he was ranked #1 and top 5. FDU was ranked 330. When was the last time PU beat IU? When was the last time PU went to a Final Four? #16 FDU loss was the worst loss in NCAA history. Let's watch the highlights.

Your obsession with Purdue is embarrassing to our fanbase. Having so much denial just makes us look envious. It’s okay to acknowledge their success while hating them at the same time.

Painter has a good thing going there and almost every single national analyst would say he’s one of the best in the nation. They also win the right way and have built a program the right way.

UMBC won their conference tourney and were like 130 in KenPom. If you truly want to learn about how historically bad of a loss FDU was, check out this podcast:

You want me to take a biased podcast as evidence of the truth? 🤣

So now Kenpom is the end all? I like Kenpom just as much as the next guy, but lets not act like it's infallible. The best team in the country lost by 21. That is by far the worst loss ever and probably always will be. You can say what you will about FDU, but they beat the other 16 seed in their play in game by 23 points. Don't act like they didn't deserve to be there. You're being intellectually dishonest.

Your obsession with Purdue is embarrassing to our fanbase. Having so much denial just makes us look envious. It’s okay to acknowledge their success while hating them at the same time.

Painter has a good thing going there and almost every single national analyst would say he’s one of the best in the nation. They also win the right way and have built a program the right way.
I will literally be talking about FDU forever. It is arguably the funniest thing I've ever seen. I understand if this isn't your cup of tea.

If Keady and Painter do it for you, you know where to find them. Tom Crean wasn't any different and even made it to a FF.

Reactions: ams66
I will literally be talking about FDU forever. It is arguably the funniest thing I've ever seen. I understand if this isn't your cup of tea.

If Keady and Painter do it for you, you know where to find them. Tom Crean wasn't any different and even made it to a FF.
So you'd rather punt on Keady and Painter for the bag of dicks you've had since?

You want me to take a biased podcast as evidence of the truth? 🤣

So now Kenpom is the end all? I like Kenpom just as much as the next guy, but lets not act like it's infallible. The best team in the country lost by 21. That is by far the worst loss ever and probably always will be. You can say what you will about FDU, but they beat the other 16 seed in their play in game by 23 points. Don't act like they didn't deserve to be there. You're being intellectually dishonest.
FDU only made the tournament because of Merrimack was a D2 program transitioning to D1. Virginia was missing their best player and #4 NBA Draft pick, Hunter. The list goes on and on, check out the podcast.

FDU only made the tournament because of Merrimack was a D2 program transitioning to D1. Virginia was missing their best player and #4 NBA Draft pick, Hunter. The list goes on and on, check out the podcast.
They were still the overall #1 seed. Purdue would have been a 1 seed back when Hummel got hurt, but they were put in as a 4 seed because he was lost, so obviously the committee didn't think it was that big of a deal for Virginia.

Again, I'm not going to listen to a biased podcast. All I had to hear is how they gloated about the loss in the very beginning to know that it wasn't going to be a fair assessment. You just want to believe what you want to believe. If there was a better team out there than FDU, then they should have been in. They earned it AND proved it by beating the crap out of the other 16 seed. You have PDS and it's pretty sad.

They were still the overall #1 seed. Purdue would have been a 1 seed back when Hummel got hurt, but they were put in as a 4 seed because he was lost, so obviously the committee didn't think it was that big of a deal for Virginia.

Again, I'm not going to listen to a biased podcast. All I had to hear is how they gloated about the loss in the very beginning to know that it wasn't going to be a fair assessment. You just want to believe what you want to believe. If there was a better team out there than FDU, then they should have been in. They earned it AND proved it by beating the crap out of the other 16 seed. You have PDS and it's pretty sad.
Was PU missing Edey against FDU? Most of the podcast section about FDU is from a UConn fan who goes to NEC games, but ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT