ADVERTISEMENT

PU vs UT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Painter is no different than Keady, and their style of play is maybe the biggest reason why the Big Ten is such an ass backwards conference. If that does it for you, I'm sorry. There is a clear ceiling. Painter may be the worst end of the year coach in NCAA history. Painter would have been fired at IU with his "results".

You can keep saying that until you’re blue in the face but you’re wrong. No way are we firing any coach after winning Big Ten title after Big Ten title. And if we would, we’re idiots.

How much success have we had playing coaching marry go round since we idiotically fired Sampson? Painter has won a hell of a lot more in March the we have and they’re set up for success well into the future.

You can keep saying that until you’re blue in the face but you’re wrong. No way are we firing any coach after winning Big Ten title after Big Ten title. And if we would, we’re idiots.

How much success have we had playing coaching marry go round since we idiotically fired Sampson? Painter has won a hell of a lot more in March the we have and they’re set up for success well into the future.
Painter never would have made it to year 20. IU fired Crean for similar results: it is a fact. If you are good with sh*tting the bed against mid-majors when it matters, Painter is your man.

And how does that make you feel about the current state of IU basketball?
I think it is hilarious that Mike Davis, Tom Crean, and numerous mid majors have been to Final Fours and Keady and Painter have not. I think losing to #17 seed FDU is arguably the funniest thing I have ever seen. I think the fact that mid-majors own Painter is hilarious.

If IU just win in HI and our fans didn’t travel but all made it to the pu boards I would be so embarrassed.

Did the 22 pu fans there chant about IU?

All I heard was FDU was a #17 seed and 1980. You'll kick that football eventually, Charlie Brown: keep trying!

Good. Keep posting it 1,000 different ways. I’m sure it cathartic for a fan of a team that has achieved very little compared to your expectations.

Pls give more advice on how PU should fire painter and who Purdue should hire since IU has done so well in identifying and hiring coaching talent.

Good. Keep posting it 1,000 different ways. I’m sure it cathartic for a fan of a team that has achieved very little compared to your expectations.

Pls give more advice on how PU should fire painter and who Purdue should hire since IU has done so well in identifying and hiring coaching talent.
You’re still here?

My god

Losing by 30 to St. Mary's was a laugh riot also. LOL
They were a #5 seed. FDU was a #16 seed and the worst loss in NCAAT history. St. Peter's was a #15 seed. The Mean Green were a #13 seed. Worst 3 year stretch in NCAAT history.

• Haha
Reactions: z_one
They were a #5 seed. FDU was a #16 seed and the worst loss in NCAAT history. St. Peter's was a #15 seed. The Mean Green were a #13 seed. Worst 3 year stretch in NCAAT history.
Didn't St. Pete beat UK as well? I guess you wouldn't know, IU wasn't there. LOL

Didn't St. Pete beat UK as well? I guess you wouldn't know, IU wasn't there. LOL
What year in his tenure did Painter accomplish this great feat? Year 17, lol. I'll bet any program worth a damn would be happy with that feat. There is a bit of a difference between UK and PU as programs: I don't think I need to explain it.

You’re still here?

My god
Yea and so are you. A thread about you little brother and how they don’t live up to the high expectations of IU basketball. If PU is so irrelevant why are you on a thread about PU v TN? And for so long? Shouldn’t you be checking in with the next coach search committee?

Reactions: salient43
Yea and so are you. A thread about you little brother and how they don’t live up to the high expectations of IU basketball. If PU is so irrelevant why are you on a thread about PU v TN? And for so long? Shouldn’t you be checking in with the next coach search committee?

Just to throw gas on this fire... When Purdue gets ranked #1 on Monday, it will be the first time a Big Ten team has been ranked #1 three consecutive years.
Look out Tom Izzo and Bob Knight, lol. The mid-majors everywhere are still ready to whoop that ass. What was FDU ranked? You shouldn't be ranked higher than FDU.

Do you know how many Big Ten programs have been to a Final Four since 1980?

Look out Tom Izzo and Bob Knight, lol. The mid-majors everywhere are still ready to whoop that ass. What was FDU ranked? You shouldn't be ranked higher than FDU.

Do you know how many Big Ten programs have been to a Final Four since 1980?
You must have a lot of pain to spend so much time posting about lil bro? Is a shrink in your future?

In case you missed it game over. Watching the Voice with the wife, drinking celebratory beer and posting here. Feeling good about the team. And you?
You are on an IU board on game day, lol. Let's watch the FDU highlights. Nobody loses to mid-majors like Matt!

You are on an IU board on game day, lol. Let's watch the FDU highlights. Nobody loses to mid-majors like Matt!

Hope posting it makes you feel good. Bothers me not one bit. Very comfortable with the program. How bout you comfortable about yours? Guess not and you’ll confirm it with more Purdue in March posts. But could you please find a new one?

• Haha
Reactions: HoosierJimbo89
Hope posting it makes you feel good. Bothers me not one bit. Very comfortable with the program. How bout you comfortable about yours? Guess not and you’ll confirm it with more Purdue in March posts. But could you please find a new one?
Since you enjoy the FDU game so much, let's check out those highlights! Being owned by mid-major double digit seeds is the best! #16 seed!

Woody is 3-1 against PU!

Since you enjoy the FDU game so much, let's check out those highlights! Being owned by mid-major double digit seeds is the best! #16 seed!

Woody is 3-1 against PU!

Sorry. Gotta go now. Wife started a movie. Can’t spend my whole life helping you feel better by reading your March posts about Purdue. See you when you guys start another Boiler thread.

Reactions: Emartin70287
Sorry. Gotta go now. Wife started a movie. Can’t spend my whole life helping you feel better by reading your March posts about Purdue. See you when you guys start another Boiler thread.
Good luck with your inferiority complex: who are you kidding, you live here! #16 seed FDU wins, 63-58! Let's check out the highlights!

This is all non-sense and embarrassing.

Both programs have challenges.

Painter may not be the best coach in a lot of ways, and he can be stubborn, quirky and frustrating, but damn the culture around the program has been consistently fun for a long time. Getting the most out of under-recruited kids, playing hard and competing. Really, that's the essence and joy of sports.

IU fans - Bob Knight built and then destroyed Rome on his way out. Deep down you have to know this. Bob Knight was ultimately a Bob Knight guy, not an Indiana guy. Like being married to a supermodel who leaves you for some dumpy guy because she doesn't care for your rules anymore.

And if anyone is a true fan of the state - I'm surprised nobody has mentioned that a team comprised of 80% Indiana kids just went out and represented the state of Indiana extraordinarily well on a national stage.

This is all non-sense and embarrassing.

Both programs have challenges.

Painter may not be the best coach in a lot of ways, and he can be stubborn, quirky and frustrating, but damn the culture around the program has been consistently fun for a long time. Getting the most out of under-recruited kids, playing hard and competing. Really, that's the essence and joy of sports.

IU fans - Bob Knight built and then destroyed Rome on his way out. Deep down you have to know this. Bob Knight was ultimately a Bob Knight guy, not an Indiana guy. Like being married to a supermodel who leaves you for some dumpy guy because she doesn't care for your rules anymore.

And if anyone is a true fan of the state - I'm surprised nobody has mentioned that a team comprised of 80% Indiana kids just went out and represented the state of Indiana extraordinarily well on a national stage.

Sad but true, expect the Bob Knight part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT