ADVERTISEMENT

Predictions

I’m sticking with 7-5.

Think S/C changes are significant, leading to less injuries, more depth and more team speed. And better overall LINE play on both sides of he ball.

Think Dawkins wins QB job and gives us that true elusive QB who can be dangerous at the college level.

Think Westbrook/Hale/Whop will be great. Think RB depth and results will be surprising.

Love the DB depth. Though less experience I believe better athletes now in DL & LB groups

Schedule WAY more favorable than last year.

Kicking game is going to be top notch.

Continuity of the staff, focus of Allen, believe year two bounce is in the air!

Reactions: ESalum86
Your first game against FIU will be interesting. Both teams are similar in the fact that they lost a majority of the starters from last season.

Butch Davis went heavy into the JUCO ranks adding two 4-star DT's to an already solid front. Graduate transfer James Morgan from Bowling Green is expected to be the starter and will be throwing to a veteran receiving corps.

FIU graduated their entire starting secondary, and four linebackers which should benefit IU.

Good luck this coming season.

I’m sticking with 7-5.

Think S/C changes are significant, leading to less injuries, more depth and more team speed. And better overall LINE play on both sides of he ball.

Think Dawkins wins QB job and gives us that true elusive QB who can be dangerous at the college level.

Think Westbrook/Hale/Whop will be great. Think RB depth and results will be surprising.

Love the DB depth. Though less experience I believe better athletes now in DL & LB groups

Schedule WAY more favorable than last year.

Kicking game is going to be top notch.

Continuity of the staff, focus of Allen, believe year two bounce is in the air!
Just a quick comment...this thread shouldn't really be about a debate. Everyone is entitled to their honest opinion. And I love optimism, when it has a solid base for it. I don't think anyone would really disagree with the above opinion. It is based on an optimistic view of what lies ahead. He could be completely correct in this scenario. Its just that mine and a few others seem to think it wont go that way. One key injury and what then? A bad break...gee we've never seen those before...said no one, ever...vbg...

Maybe the best way to think of the upcoming season is on a sliding scale. All goes perfectly to plan...ie, Dawkins is solid and doesn't go down...inexperience on D doesn't bite us in the you know what...RBs play big and the Oline finds its way...so does the D line...on and on...then a winning season is certainly possible...love to see it...been waiting a while.

Realistically, a season never goes as planned, particularly where true Frosh are concerned. This team doesn't look well balanced to me but that can be fixed on the fly, so to speak. Love to see that too.

But all I've got to go by is last season. We looked like we had a bit more than a jog to be a solid well balanced team.

Still, your opinion is as good as mine and I'm rooting for your vision, not mine. Go IU!

Reactions: ESalum86 and 76-1
I am pleased to see a long list of mostly very reasonable predictions. Last summer hopes were running in the stratosphere...many hearts were broken when Allen didn't bring home the Rose Bowl. He is a first time HC...and he will perform that way until he learns the basics. Finding us a solid DC so he can act like the HC is critical to this imho. If he had tons of HC experience and tried to also be DC, it might work. He doesn't and it wont...imho. But I like his smarts. Give it time...which he wont get...this is IU remember...and he might be a great one. I hope...
No question that there's a learning curve for every new head coach. That said, and as you've noted, he's a bright guy and is no doubt a quick study.

I'm scratching my head, then, over your "he will perform that way [as a first time head coach] until he learns the basics" comment. I think there's more than enough evidence to suggest he's well past the basics. Despite an injury-depleted roster and one of the toughest IU schedules in years, he got us to five wins in his first season with oh-so-close losses to Michigan, Michigan State and Maryland. I don't remember a lot of in-game management blunders or other glaring "rookie mistakes" that I've seen with other head coaches (including some who've worn the IU logo) long after their first season. I'm not arguing it was error-free coaching but, from where I sat, he seemed to have a consistently good command of the situation, the clock and the game.

I understand reasonable minds can differ about a HC also wearing the DC hat but it doesn't bother me here for a couple of reasons. First, and as we've acknowledged, the guy is bright - - way too smart to neglect the offense. He can multi-task but is also, I'm sure, extremely confident in his experienced OC. With respect to the defense, I think the bigger challenge this year will be on that side of the ball, so I'm happy Allen will continue to directly oversee it. And remember he is ably assisted by an Assistant DC, Mark Hagen. Overall, I sense that things are sufficiently covered.

I will only add to my comment above that it takes a bit more than one season to make an experienced HC...that's obvious. For a couple of decades I was responsible for hiring highly technically qualified people for tough jobs. There is a pattern to success for these type positions...focus is number one...and for very bright people..and coaches aint rocket scientist...as they say...vbg. There is a lot more to being a HC than game or practice management. So I think Allen is still the best thing to happen to our defense...but I will feel much better about the future when all the enchiladas aren't on his plate. Do with the D what he did with the O, even though the verdict is still out there imo.

Bottom line...I like Allen a lot. I just want to see him succeed. Being both HC and DC hasn't made that any easier. Only time will tell of the results.

I'm almost, kinda certain that an undefeated national champion would have to be 14-0, but if IU is the national champion next year in football with a record of 13-1, that would be OK too.

15-0

12 regular season games
1 conference championship game
2 CFB Playoff games

I will only add to my comment above that it takes a bit more than one season to make an experienced HC...that's obvious. For a couple of decades I was responsible for hiring highly technically qualified people for tough jobs. There is a pattern to success for these type positions...focus is number one...and for very bright people..and coaches aint rocket scientist...as they say...vbg. There is a lot more to being a HC than game or practice management. So I think Allen is still the best thing to happen to our defense...but I will feel much better about the future when all the enchiladas aren't on his plate. Do with the D what he did with the O, even though the verdict is still out there imo.

Bottom line...I like Allen a lot. I just want to see him succeed. Being both HC and DC hasn't made that any easier. Only time will tell of the results.

I have voiced that concern since the day he was hired. If he succeeds it will be in spite of that I believe. It does free up more money for co-ord and position coaches. With the addition of a ST coach it will take some of the load off as well.

Reactions: IUCol and IUgradman
I don't know about this. I think Wisconsin will be a tough out in the B1G championship game.

Note to anyone who feels like jumping from a bridge if we lost in the Big Ten Championship game: The White River bridges in near town Indianapolis are only high enough to give you a momentary thrill, go for the high building ledge option... ;)

Reactions: Bowlmania
Note to anyone who feels like jumping from a bridge if we lost in the Big Ten Championship game: The White River bridges in near town Indianapolis are only high enough to give you a momentary thrill, go for the high building ledge option... ;)
Got it. Thanks.

Reactions: 76-1

I think I would jump if we won. At that point I would pretty much be ready to go. :)

Reactions: muubell and 76-1

The White River is shallow. You would hit the bottom at near full speed.

I don't know about this. I think Wisconsin will be a tough out in the B1G championship game.

No worries. We make it to that game..., we're going to the Rose Bowl..., and Winning that too:D (and I'll have to worry about evading the Border Patrol while attempting to rescue Crimson Crush);)

Reactions: ESalum86
I've been putting it off commenting on this because I hate season prediction threads in the spring.

However, I was having a conversation the other day with a buddy and he reminded me I predicted my Red Sox would be mediocre at best and they sit at 17-2 now.

Therefore I'm predicting a winless season.

You're welcome.

I've been putting it off commenting on this because I hate season prediction threads in the spring.

However, I was having a conversation the other day with a buddy and he reminded me I predicted my Red Sox would be mediocre at best and they sit at 17-2 now.

Therefore I'm predicting a winless season.

You're welcome.
Yeah, a football prediction thread in the spring is almost as ridiculous as gloating over your favorite MLB team's record in April. (Sorry, dude, I hate the Red Sux).

Last year was disappointing and I think the team was adjusting to a new offensive identity with too many young guys and an immobile QB.
The defense was okay, not great, and had breakdowns in key games. I mean, Tegray looked really bad in the Purdue game. Missed tackles galore.
And, Maryland was an awful defensive performance by veteran LBs. You cannot have that with your veteran leaders.
Fans are so used to the horrific defensive squads that Wilson trotted out that as soon as we lose a few senior players, they think we will automatically drop back down to those levels. I don’t believe that is going to happen. I think Allen has the mindset, philosophy and design now in place to expect a higher echelon defense every single year. It’s just not going to sink to those levels under his watch.

5-7 —- Disappointing
6-6 — Minimal expectation
7-5 — solid season
8-4 — great season

Offense — QB play should be better. Better WR’s with return of Westbrook & Hale & improvement of Philyor. OL — much improve, bigger, stronger, more depth.

Defense — The return of Ball, Fitzgerald & Sykes is major. LB is still a question mark. DB - loss of Fant is major, but we have a lot of talent in that area. DL should be solid & deep. Need to develop a pass rush.

Big step forward in Offense, minimal if any drop in Defense. Better schedule.

Yeah, a football prediction thread in the spring is almost as ridiculous as gloating over your favorite MLB team's record in April. (Sorry, dude, I hate the Red Sux).
My curiosity about pre-season predictions is a bit more morbid,,,I'm curious who the pie-in-the-sky guys are who pump every expectation over the moon then turn on the team and coach when their...prediction...don't come true. I like getting them on record. Caught quite a bunch last season. Doesn't mean a thing...kinda like duck hunting...vbg...

Quack..., quack..., qua.....Ackkk.........,,,,,...___

I don't recall, and am too lazy too look it up but I think I had us at 7-5 so you may have bagged me... Unlike some however I did not completely turn on the Team or the staff.

Upon further review:

I did turn on the Team somewhat by questioning their effort and desire in the Bucket game but it seemed then and now a reasonable set of questions. When your All Big Ten LB is missing open field tackles..., the ? marks start to pop up...

I'm still a bit upset by that effort, or lack of...

6-6 bowl game at a bare minimum.

I think we have the talent and schedule to go at least 7-5. Should be a fun year!

I don't recall, and am too lazy too look it up but I think I had us at 7-5 so you may have bagged me... Unlike some however I did not completely turn on the Team or the staff.

Upon further review:

I did turn on the Team somewhat by questioning their effort and desire in the Bucket game but it seemed then and now a reasonable set of questions. When your All Big Ten LB is missing open field tackles..., the ? marks start to pop up...

Don't get me wrong...7-5 is not pie in the sky at all...very possible. Needs a lot of luck but hey we are overdue. No, its those whose state its a winning season or fire Allen...who seriously believe we SHOULD win 7-8 games or more because...well the reasons vary but you are not in this category. Big diff between optimism and demands...that's all.

Reactions: ESalum86 and 76-1

Upon further review:

I think when the hoped-for "breakthrough" did not happen, and the close losses piled up, the vets lost interest. In retrospect, too much emphasis was placed on the outcome of the OSU game. The fans lost interest when that didn't happen. The team gave up after all the close losses.

I think when the hoped-for "breakthrough" did not happen, and the close losses piled up, the vets lost interest. In retrospect, too much emphasis was placed on the outcome of the OSU game. The fans lost interest when that didn't happen. The team gave up after all the close losses.
A couple of things. I've drawn a bit of flack...deservedly perhaps...for saying Allen overhyped the OSU game. I think he did and suffered some consequences with his team. Never make one game your season...or the most important game in history...or suffer those consequences when you don't deliver. Fans and players can...not necessarily did...quit believing in you. I saw nothing in last season that indicated a breakthrough was imminent. Why did Allen? Inexperience...period. That's the point.

As for quitting...always more impression that quantitative fact, true or not. (Can you tell I was a statistics student at IU?? vbg) But there were times when the chips were down, a couple of players, not the team, seems to NOT give 100% effort. Some are gone, some are not. This is only my impression but Allen must be careful not to promise to his players what he can not deliver...yet.

Soooo...this season will be very telling about the next four years. Are we going up or down? Looks like pretty much the same level of talent Wilson was working with so will see what Allen can do with it. His challenges are mountainous. His experience limited on this level and the B10. It can be done.

Will it?

Stay tuned...

Last edited:
In retrospect, too much emphasis was placed on the outcome of the OSU game. The fans lost interest when that didn't happen.
I couldn't disagree more.

Too much emphasis placed on the outcome of the OSU game? By whom? The fans? The coaches? Sure there was hype leading into that game and why wouldn't there be - - a season opener against a conference opponent, a team we've played very competitively in recent years, #2 in the country, under the lights, College Game Day, national TV audience. Allen didn't schedule the game. Sure it was a challenge, but why not embrace the challenge which is what he did. And yes, there was hope for an upset (and we hung with them, if you remember, with a 21-20 lead late in the third quarter) but very few fans I know, or who post on social media, or who contribute to threads here, actually expected IU to win.

Frankly, I was glad for the hype. IU football hadn't been in that bright of a spotlight since January 1, 1968. The aerial shots were spectacular, the TV and streaming ratings were through the roof, and IU looked like a big-time college football program. Yeah, we lost the game but I'm certain the night was a net gain (and probably a huge gain) for IU's image and reputation.

And nobody lost interest in the season because of the outcome of the OSU game. We had a packed house in mid-October for Michigan, and a decent crowd for Wisconsin in early November. I didn't sense any real waning of interest until basketball started but, even if I'm wrong and it was earlier than that, it sure wasn't early in the season.

Too much emphasis placed on the outcome of the OSU game? By whom? The fans? The coaches? Sure there was hype leading into that game and why wouldn't there be - - a season opener against a conference opponent, a team we've played very competitively in recent years, #2 in the country, under the lights, College Game Day, national TV audience. Allen didn't schedule the game. Sure it was a challenge, but why not embrace the challenge which is what he did. And yes, there was hope for an upset (and we hung with them, if you remember, with a 21-20 lead late in the third quarter) but very few fans I know, or who post on social media, or who contribute to threads here, actually expected IU to win.

Frankly, I was glad for the hype. IU football hadn't been in that bright of a spotlight since January 1, 1968. The aerial shots were spectacular, the TV and streaming ratings were through the roof, and IU looked like a big-time college football program. Yeah, we lost the game but I'm certain the night was a net gain (and probably a huge gain) for IU's image and reputation.

And nobody lost interest in the season because of the outcome of the OSU game. We had a packed house in mid-October for Michigan, and a decent crowd for Wisconsin in early November. I didn't sense any real waning of interest until basketball started but, even if I'm wrong and it was earlier than that, it sure wasn't early in the season.

He may have been confusing the football season with the basketball season. I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt. Apathy set in quickly there with early beat downs to powerhouse programs IPFW and Indiana State.

That would have been the equivalent of us losing to Charleston Southern or Georgia Southern. He likely just got the seasons confused. Honest mistake.

Reactions: DANC

I disagree with almost all of this.

The OSU game, and especially the alleged new and improved RL, were WAY over-hyped.

Do you remember that we lost to OSU by 28 points? After being ahead in the 3rd quarter? We lost a lot of credibility with that result, because some people did tune in to see if the hype was true. When we didn't hang, we were exposed. And that was with RL having the game of his life.

There was residual interest when UM game to town, but the enthusiasm was gone. We had already lost big to OSU & PSU. Everyone knew after that game that there would be no breakthrough. So we had 10000 less in the stands v. a much better Wisconsin team 3 weeks later.

Had Allen handled expectations better, he might not have lost the team. They may have showed up for the Maryland & Purdue games. As it was, the year was a disaster.

Reactions: IUgradman
I don't know if I'd call the season a disaster...rebuilding and the first leg of a learning curve...yes. Disappointing season? Yes...but not a lot to me. I didn't expect any more than we got.

And I don't think people so much lost interest in the season as Allen lost credibility. Not a lot. He just looked like an over-excited newbie. I forgave the mistake and chalked it up to enthusiasm. However, I'll say again and again...there was as much chance for a breakout season as we had for beating OSU...outside at best. Asking the team to shoot for a breakout season is okay if you ask me. But telling a tired, burned out, jaded fanbase there's going to be one is an entirely different issue altogether...imo.

It is way too early but I’ll jump in anyway. Realistically it could be anything from 4-8 to 7-5. Anything higher would be a major surprise and lower would be major disappoint.

Lot of new faces with better athleticism that could jell or never come together with returning talent. We are not top level B1G talent yet though but we keep creeping a little closer.

I disagree with the feeling that was expressed that CTA will not be given the time if this is a disappointing year. I truly think that Glass believes in what Allen is doing and understands the enormity of the task in front of him. As long as there is incremental improvement each year as there was this year in a good recruiting class, upgrade in coaching, etc., Allen will be given plenty of leash.

Reactions: IUCol and ESalum86
I don't know if I'd call the season a disaster...rebuilding and the first leg of a learning curve...yes. Disappointing season? Yes...but not a lot to me. I didn't expect any more than we got.

And I don't think people so much lost interest in the season as Allen lost credibility. Not a lot. He just looked like an over-excited newbie. I forgave the mistake and chalked it up to enthusiasm. However, I'll say again and again...there was as much chance for a breakout season as we had for beating OSU...outside at best. Asking the team to shoot for a breakout season is okay if you ask me. But telling a tired, burned out, jaded fanbase there's going to be one is an entirely different issue altogether...imo.

You've said it very well, imo.

There was really an unusual amount of talk and hype going into the spring game, esp. about how RL had matured, was smarter, was the leader of the team blah, blah, blah. And also, of course, 'breakthrough'. So I go to the spring game to check it out. And RL is exactly the same QB he was the year before. Exactly. Had not improved in any area of his game. And PR, the redshirt QB, was the best QB on the field. That, coupled with the obvious lack of planning that had gone into the planning of the spring game, really floored me. I thought, even so, that they might do some good things because Cobbs looked like a stud, and we had Fant & Scales coming back. But we were so obviously deficient on both lines that you had to wonder what was going on. My theory is that CTA thought if he built enough excitement & belief among the team and fans that they might pick off an inexperienced OSU team in it's first game........then that win would carry over.......basically operating on a hope and a prayer.....then when it didn't come down that way some credibility was lost with the team and the fans.

You've said it very well, imo.

There was really an unusual amount of talk and hype going into the spring game, esp. about how RL had matured, was smarter, was the leader of the team blah, blah, blah. And also, of course, 'breakthrough'. So I go to the spring game to check it out. And RL is exactly the same QB he was the year before. Exactly. Had not improved in any area of his game. And PR, the redshirt QB, was the best QB on the field. That, coupled with the obvious lack of planning that had gone into the planning of the spring game, really floored me. I thought, even so, that they might do some good things because Cobbs looked like a stud, and we had Fant & Scales coming back. But we were so obviously deficient on both lines that you had to wonder what was going on. My theory is that CTA thought if he built enough excitement & belief among the team and fans that they might pick off an inexperienced OSU team in it's first game........then that win would carry over.......basically operating on a hope and a prayer.....then when it didn't come down that way some credibility was lost with the team and the fans.
Oh, ok. Allen should have suppressed his natural enthusiasm, advised the fan base that we would be mediocre at best, and directed fans to avoid attending the OSU game or watching it on TV because we didn't have a snowball's chance in hell of beating them. Got it.

If Allen has lost credibility with you, that's your view and obviously you have the right to state it. But to suggest that he lost credibility with the team is unfounded and irresponsible.

Same as always: I’d be happy with 6 wins, ecstatic with 7, and disappointed with 5.

It’s hard to get a read on this team before seeing it play a game. The OL should be improved. The RBs are as good as they’ve been since we lost Howard to the NFL. Dawkins/Penix/Ramsey should be as good or better than Lagow. Mostly because Lagow wasn’t very good. Hard to see the defense not taking a step back. Hopefully it’s a small step back instead of tumbling backwards onto its ass.

Anyway, 3 wins in the non con should be doable then beat rutger and Maryland, add one of Minnesota and Purdue, and possibly one of Iowa/MSU/Penn State. No chance at OSU or at Michigan.

Reactions: IUgradman
No question that there's a learning curve for every new head coach. That said, and as you've noted, he's a bright guy and is no doubt a quick study.

I'm scratching my head, then, over your "he will perform that way [as a first time head coach] until he learns the basics" comment. I think there's more than enough evidence to suggest he's well past the basics. Despite an injury-depleted roster and one of the toughest IU schedules in years, he got us to five wins in his first season with oh-so-close losses to Michigan, Michigan State and Maryland. I don't remember a lot of in-game management blunders or other glaring "rookie mistakes" that I've seen with other head coaches (including some who've worn the IU logo) long after their first season. I'm not arguing it was error-free coaching but, from where I sat, he seemed to have a consistently good command of the situation, the clock and the game.

I understand reasonable minds can differ about a HC also wearing the DC hat but it doesn't bother me here for a couple of reasons. First, and as we've acknowledged, the guy is bright - - way too smart to neglect the offense. He can multi-task but is also, I'm sure, extremely confident in his experienced OC. With respect to the defense, I think the bigger challenge this year will be on that side of the ball, so I'm happy Allen will continue to directly oversee it. And remember he is ably assisted by an Assistant DC, Mark Hagen. Overall, I sense that things are sufficiently covered.

“I understand reasonable minds can differ about a HC also wearing the DC hat but it doesn't bother me here for a couple of reasons.”

I’m just glad we finally got somebody with a defensive background in the HC role. Lord knows we always tried to do it offensively-oriented only and had terrible results. It’s not something to brag about if you can average 450 yards a game in offense but average giving up over 500 yards defensively. The math usually doesn’t work out in your favor, folks.

Reactions: 76-1 and Bowlmania
I think that it is unknown as to how successful this team can be. I have a good feeling about Allen, but there isn’t a lot of factual evidence as to where they’ll end up. But I’ll go out on a limb and make a prediction based on the limited evidence we do have.

1. The QB situation is fine. I think that Dawkins adds good depth, but from watching Ramsey in the spring game I think he’s the day 1 starter. He’s smooth and has a command of the offense. As we’ve seen since around 2011, it’s rare that a QB finishes the whole season in the Big Ten. You’ll need a backup for at least a couple of games, or some critical series at some point, so I feel good about Dawkins coming in and competing. I would argue that the QB situation is much better than last year.

2. Pass rush- I think that some of the freshman coming in play right away in pass rush scenarios which is a huge boost. I think that we will not have to blitz as often and can get home with 4. Some will redshirt, but I honestly think that a couple of those freshman d ends can play right away in pass rush scenarios and be a huge boost. I think that obviously having Sykes back is huge, and it’s reasonable to expect 10+ sacks from him in my opinion. He was solid when he was still raw. Now that he’s experienced, got better during his year off, and seems to be in great shape he is going to be a nightmare off of the edge. With the D-line rotation I expect IU to blitz less, and get home with 4. I think it was the Illinois game, but it was clear that blitzing exposed our DB’s and put them in rough spots. I think that’ll be changed this year.

3. Wide reciever- IU is stacked there. That’s the one position with no question marks imho. Hale is up to 230 and a huge body. Westbrook is in that 220 range. Both guys are close to 6’4”. You add Whop and Timian in the slot and you have a formitable group. There is a walk on out of Evansville who’s about 6’2” 225 who I think will turn some heads too. A good mix of big bodies and speed guys. In the spring game I could see scenarios where it will be nearly impossible to defend timian from the slot. He’s going to get matched up on linebackers and that will help make the reads easier for Ramsey and boost his confidence. He’s also got guys that will be beasts on comeback routes on the outside since they can box out db’s with that size. This means Ramsey’s arm stregnth won’t be exposed due to the talent around him.

4. The team looks like it’s in much better shape physically than last year. When you look at the roster, the lines are huge. Probably the biggest and most fit lines IU has ever had. I know when I played guys like Spriggs and feeney May have been the best to come out, but we always had an “undersized” group. These guys are fairly massive. And on top of that they looked more mobile in the spring game. For them it will be mental. Dan Feeney, Jake reed, Collin rahrig and Spriggs all had the highest football IQ’s you’ll see. I think that if this current group can have half of the football IQ that past groups had they’ll be better, because size/speed wise this is the best group. What was encouraing in the spring game was that they went at a pretty fast tempo and guys were still finishing blocks. The D-line has some big physical bodies too, and everyone seems to be in great shape. Allen made a great move getting a new stregnth coach.

5. I wish TD Roof was eligible now. That guy could start today. Linebacker is a concern. Outside of Walton I wasn’t impressed with anyone. Walton had 6 tackles, 5 of which came on one possession. Roof was physical and moved well. Outside of that no one stood out, and obviously Jones struggled last year. The reports say that jones had a good spring, but he’s always been a GREAT practice player. Now he needs to transition his raw talent to production on the field. If he does, he can be scary good. He’s physically more gifted than Scales. He was a DB, and when I was at IU he played with the quick twitch of a DB. Now we need to see that translate on saturdays. Walton is going to be a beast, so IU just needs to find that other linebacker and they’ll be set at that position.

That’s limited information. The key question is still can the offensive line improve from an IQ standpoint and produce. I think that will determine how far IU goes and that’s huge question. Another question mark is can these Young DB’s come along quickly. There were some errors in the spring game that highlight how young the group is. The TD to whop was unacceptable defense. He ran freely down the field in cover 3 but #19 has to bump him off of his route. The strong safety was has deep 3rd’s but was favoring the side with the tight end and not the side with 2 speed receivers. Those are inexperience errors from the free safety and strong safety, both of which could see some minutes this year, so that has to get sorted out. There were other errors as well that highlight how young that group is.

So in closing, if the O-line is better, and if the DB’s can come along, this is a 7-5 or 8-4 team. If the O-line can’t come along, and off the secondary is awful, this is a 4-8 team. I think that we could Be conservative and assume the o-line and db’s Will Be average, so a conservative guess Is that this will be a 6-6 team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT