ADVERTISEMENT

Posted without comment

Wait a minute... You have ignored Trump's realty for 4+ yrs, now since Biden is accused it's a big deal, and Dems are the hypocrites? I don't think any of the anti-Trump people on this board were influenced by the Access Hollywood tape. We just assumed that all rational people who were even considering supporting Trump would now realize what a horrible decision a vote for Trump would be...

Now the same people who were NOT dissuaded by Trump's behavior, are pushing the Biden angle and expect those of us who knew Trump was an asshole to what? Somehow believe that because Biden is now being accused of what Trump is guilty of, that Trump is suddenly palatable?

This was NOT our primary concern in 2016, and you guys basically dismissed it of having importance to you. So now YOU think it matters and we don't see it changing our opinion of Trump. If Trump resigns and decides not to run- then I'm all in for the Dems possibly nominating someone else. But if Trump is the GOP nominee I want the best challenger and for a variety of reasons IMHO, That is Biden...

No, you prove the point that most of us made back then and have continued to make when many of you called those who voted for Trump every name in the book because of his personal behavior. At the time, we responded that his personal behavior was not great, but when looking at direction of running the country, we had to put up with some crap...basically what you have posted as your last paragraph.

And at the time, you all were, "I would never vote for someone like that..." Now it is all, "bring on the perverted, hair sniffing, child groping, finger banging, dementia candidate" because you think he is the best chance to win an election. Less than 4 years to prove you were full of shit. Which is what we have been saying for 3 years now.

When all of the Democratic candidates realized that there was a possible path to a Trump reelection if Bernie Sanders split the vote, all of them said holy crap I’m getting out of the race and throwing my support behind Joe Biden. Even Bernie Sanders realized it and dropped out of the race to support Joe Biden. The most endearing quality about Joe Biden is that he’s not Donald Trump. Everybody is fine with Joe Biden just keeping his mouth shut and just letting Donald Trump self destruct. And if Joe Biden was to drop dead while in office people would be fine with whomever he picks as VP candidate taking over. Because whoever that is would again be infinitely a better alternative to Donald Trump.

If Governor Cuomo decided to run for president and Joe Biden was to drop out everyone would be fine with that too. Do you see a trend?

Do you see a trend?

The trend is T.rump is...

tenor.gif

Reactions: DrHoops
When all of the Democratic candidates realized that there was a possible path to a Trump reelection if Bernie Sanders split the vote, all of them said holy crap I’m getting out of the race and throwing my support behind Joe Biden. Even Bernie Sanders realized it and dropped out of the race to support Joe Biden. The most endearing quality about Joe Biden is that he’s not Donald Trump. Everybody is fine with Joe Biden just keeping his mouth shut and just letting Donald Trump self destruct. And if Joe Biden was to drop dead while in office people would be fine with whomever he picks as VP candidate taking over. Because whoever that is would again be infinitely a better alternative to Donald Trump.

If Governor Cuomo decided to run for president and Joe Biden was to drop out everyone would be fine with that too. Do you see a trend?
Actually Joe Biden could go all "Weekend at Bernie's" and still be a better option than Cap'n Carrot".

So, you are speaking for Bernie! I like Bernie too! Nice to know that we have a common ground! ;)
Not at all and to make this post out of the article in the OP is spectacularly (and probably intentionally) off base The article warns that Democrat activists associated with Bernie re objecting to nominating Biden with this criminal issue hanging over his head. Nothing to do with Trump. Nothing to do with any candidate I might support. Its an internal mess for Dems - how do they dismount from a totally unsuitable and incapable candidate who is very close to the nominee? This is about Dems and their candidates and bears only on that situation. Of course I'm not speaking for Bernie.

No, you prove the point that most of us made back then and have continued to make when many of you called those who voted for Trump every name in the book because of his personal behavior. At the time, we responded that his personal behavior was not great, but when looking at direction of running the country, we had to put up with some crap...basically what you have posted as your last paragraph.

And at the time, you all were, "I would never vote for someone like that..." Now it is all, "bring on the perverted, hair sniffing, child groping, finger banging, dementia candidate" because you think he is the best chance to win an election. Less than 4 years to prove you were full of shit. Which is what we have been saying for 3 years now.
You voted for an incompetent imbecile and he acts like an incompetent imbecile.

Once you own that, then, maybe, you would have some integrity.

Not at all and to make this post out of the article in the OP is spectacularly (and probably intentionally) off base The article warns that Democrat activists associated with Bernie re objecting to nominating Biden with this criminal issue hanging over his head. Nothing to do with Trump. Nothing to do with any candidate I might support. Its an internal mess for Dems - how do they dismount from a totally unsuitable and incapable candidate who is very close to the nominee? This is about Dems and their candidates and bears only on that situation. Of course I'm not speaking for Bernie.

It's an internal mess for Dems - how do they dismount from a totally unsuitable and incapable candidate who is very close to the nominee?

And exactly why would that be an internal mess for Dems and not Republicans? Since the Pubs already have a totally unsuitable and incapable MORON in the White House why is the onus on "the Dems" to allow that travesty to continue...

First off I don't accept your contention. I actually think Biden is beneath it all a very decent man, and I think Trump is the exact opposite. If someone says they are a "Sanders supporter" and thinks voting for Trump isn't a total betrayal of their ideals, then my assumption is they don't really understand Bernie or what he stands for.

If they swallow Trump's absurd claims that he is "for the working class" when all he has ever done is exploit people his entire life-then they're just lying to themselves. He's the same man who discriminated against people of color as a landlord in the 70s, he's the same opportunistic shyster that cheated contractors out of the money he owed them for the work they did, and he's the same power-hungry egomaniac that used any trick he could think of (esp eminent domain) to swindle widows and pensioners out of their property.

Is this what "Bernie's supporters" feel aligns with their "values"?...

"The exchange reminded us of an interview that Bill Moyers did with documentary filmmaker Anthony Baxter in 2012 about his film, “You’ve Been Trumped.” Baxter spent two years following Donald Trump’s efforts to build a golf course on the fragile sand dunes of northeast Scotland. The local Aberdeenshire council first turned down Trump’s proposal to develop the protected dunes, but it was overruled. The Scottish national government, seduced by Trump’s promise to diversify the oil economy with tourism and jobs, believed the golf course was in the national interest. Here’s a clip from the interview."

Trump- Ever the Conman...

"Four years on, the “thousands of jobs” never materialized and just last month, Trump threatened to pull more than $1 billion worth of “planned investments into Scottish properties Trump International Golf Links in Aberdeen and Trump Turnberrry in South Ayrshire if the British Parliament decides to ban him from entering the country in response to his controversial comments about Muslim immigrants.”

Donald Trump first fell out of the Scottish government’s good graces in 2013 when he sued to stop an offshore wind farm from being built within sight of his golf course."

https://billmoyers.com/story/how-scotland-got-trumped/

I expect Pubs to vote for Trump- he epitomizes their values. But are Bernie supporters that gullible? Guess we'll see...

Last edited:
Now Joe suggesting we need more "economic intercourse"

Do you honestly see "vocab issues and garbled speech" as an area that favors Trump over Biden? For example, Biden's "crime" here (if one exists) amounts to using "economic" as an adjective in the same way that it is perfectly acceptable to use "social"

in·ter·course
/ˈin(t)ərˌkôrs/
Learn to pronounce

noun
  1. communication or dealings between individuals or groups.
    "everyday social intercourse"
Had he said "social"- then there's not even a reason for some outfit called eFree to write the story (and undoubtedly "millions" to read it LOL)...

If Biden was being compared/contrasted to someone with a modicum of intelligence not already regarded as an idiot- then this issue might resonate. But Biden is being compared (intelligence and vocabulary prowess, in this regard to Donald Trump- the man who has inspired thousands of people to call poison control centers to ask about "drinking bleach"...

A man who literally can NOT pronounce words like origins, suspicious, and anonymous (god forbid he attempt to spell it). And speaking of his "spelling prowess"- he tweets out a diatribe against the Press receiving Nobel prizes (while spelling it Noble in three separate tweets), blissfully ignorant that he's confusing Nobel Prizes and Pulitzer Prizes. Then after being soundly ridiculed, compounds this lunacy by deleting the tweets AND incorrectly claiming he was being (new word he uses without comprehending) sarcastic.

I try to stay on top of Trump's lunacy, but don't really do late night or even SNL on a consistent basis. So I'm amazed when I go to
youtube and enter "Trump looking stupid" and see this video from Feb 2017 (which I've never seen) that has 29 MILLION views

And search results turn this up, which is from Last Night already has over 1 MILLION views...

Only a person as stupid as Trump would ever imagine "intelligence" would be a plus for him...

I agree with you about Biden being way behind.
I'm not voting for Trump and probably not for Biden either.
It is kind of interesting to see some of the folks here who blasted Kavanaugh be pretty silent on Biden.

Politicos and partisans are ripe with rabid hypocrisy.

Kavanaugh didn't have anything to do with drunken behavior at high school parties..... but was just blowback from the left about losing a SC seat, that they viewed as illegitimate.

Kavanaugh didn't have anything to do with drunken behavior at high school parties..... but was just blowback from the left about losing a SC seat, that they viewed as illegitimate.

Why do you guys keep bringing up a false equivalency with Kavanaugh? Kavanaugh was a proposed SCOTUS who was in the process of being judged for a LIFETIME appt by a fairly partisan House of Congress with no public recourse for the decisions made.

Biden is a candidate for Elective Office who will ultimately be judged by the voting public. The proper comparison to Biden is Donald Trump, who is also a candidate for Elective office facing charges similar or worse to the accusations made against Biden. Actually Trump has not only faced a charge of rape since June 2019, but is currently embroiled in a court battle to have his DNA matched to a stain on his accuser's dress.. Since this charge and more are outstanding against Trump, it's curious that some people are immensely interested in pursuing charges against Biden but have never expressed a similar interest in Investigating Trump...

Yet Trump is the one with a current legal case being adjudicated in the court system. Guessing the same people in this thread raising the outcry against the "lack of press reporting on Biden" are blissfully unaware of how far the case against Trump has actually proceeded. So seriously- how "selective" has the "press" actually been and who is actually playing "hypocrite" here?

This is from a MONTH ago. Were you even aware previously?

"President Donald Trump's lawyers urged a judge Wednesday to halt a lawsuit from a woman seeking Trump's DNA to help prove her claim that he raped her in the 1990s, though her lawyer offered to hold off the DNA request for a time.

Former advice columnist E. Jean Carroll is suing Trump for calling her a liar when she went public with her rape allegation last year. Trump's lawyers argue her case — including the DNA request — needs to wait until New York's highest court rules in a separate case against him. That ruling could take several months or longer."

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/trump-lawyers-halt-suit-woman-alleging-rape-69391310

Again-how does a candidate for office (who faces the voting public in an ELECTION) compare to a judge being in line for a LIFETIME appointment?

Why aren't you suggesting the GOP "choose someone else"? The accusation against Biden is certainly no more serious than the RAPE accusation leveled against Trump 13 mos ago. Can you point us to your posts complaining about a lack of press coverage, or suggesting that Trump's party should replace him?

This is just from January. I must have missed all your posts that expressed your outrage...

• Columnist E. Jean Carroll, who accused President Donald Trump of raping her two decades ago, won a key victory on Thursday in her defamation suit against the president.
  • She is accusing Trump of hurting her reputation by accusing her of lying and otherwise attacking her.
  • The judge presiding over the case rejected Trump's argument that Carroll can't sue him in New York because he lives in Washington and denied Trump's motion to delay discovery. (Those arguments scream INNOCENSE) LOL...
  • The longtime advice columnist accused Trump of violently sexually assaulting her in a Manhattan Bergdorf Goodman dressing room in the mid-1990s. Trump has vigorously denied Carroll's allegations.
  • Carroll, who went public with her rape allegation against Trump last June, celebrated the development on Thursday, tweeting, "WE MOVE AHEAD!!"
https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-loses-argument-lawsuit-from-woman-who-accused-him-rape-2020-1

Man, you guys are OBSESSED with Trump. It doesn’t take a never Trumper to note the hypocrisy there.

I just thought it was funny.

What has Biden got to do with Kavanaugh? At least make your attempts at comparison REALISTIC, as in Biden vs Trump...

You know, as in two candidates for POTUS accused of sexual assault by (in Trump's case) multiple women. Kavanaugh is a strawman, whose confirmation was determined by which party controlled the Senate. No election allowing the people to make a choice...

"During 28 years as a state and federal prosecutor, I prosecuted a lot of sexual assault cases. The vast majority came early in my career when I was a young attorney at a prosecutor’s office outside Detroit.

A year ago, Tara Reade accused former Vice President Joe Biden of touching her shoulder and neck in a way that made her uncomfortable, when she worked for him as a staff assistant in 1993. Then last month, Reade told an interviewer that Biden stuck his hand under her skirt and forcibly penetrated her with his fingers. Biden denies the allegation.

When women make allegations of sexual assault, my default response is to believe them. But as the news media have investigated Reade’s allegations, I’ve become increasingly skeptical. Here are some of the reasons why:

Delayed reporting … twice.
"Even so, it is reasonable to consider a 27-year reporting delay when assessing the believability of any criminal allegation. More significant perhaps, is Reade’s decision to sit down with a newspaper last year and accuse Biden of touching her in a sexual way that made her uncomfortable — but neglect to mention her claim that he forcibly penetrated her with his fingers.

As a lawyer and victims’ rights advocate, Reade was better equipped than most to appreciate that dramatic changes in sexual assault allegations severely undercut an accuser’s credibility — especially when the change is from an uncomfortable shoulder touch to vaginal penetration."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opin...ault-allegation-tara-reade-column/3046962001/

I tend to believe people who've been on the wrong end of sexual harassment, but the more I look into this case and read articles like this one in Washington Monthly by Nancy LeTourneau, it starts to look like Reade may not be being forthright.

"There is a recording of a woman believed to be Reade's (now deceased) mother calling in to the Larry King Show in '93 where she says her daughter was sexually harassed, not sexually assaulted. The AP recently contacted 21 former Biden staffers, none of whom remember any Reade complaint against their boss. Reade now says she made claims of sexual harassment, but not assault, to her supervisors in Biden’s office; they vehemently deny hearing any such complaint. Reade also claims she complained to the Senate personnel office; but there is no record of it."

In his closely documented, almost 50-year career, there have been no other similar claims against Biden. The Times interviewed the other seven women who came out last year to accuse Biden of touching them against their will; none said his behavior crossed the line to sexual assault. After many dozen interviews, with Reade and her friends, along with lawyers and two dozen Biden staffers, the writers concluded: “The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden.” Men who do what Reade says Biden did tend to do it more than once (see Harvey Weinstein, Jeffrey Epstein, and Donald Trump). Also, once an allegation like Reade’s surfaces, others usually follow. They have not, at least so far."

Now to the quite strange information about Reade. In 2016 and 2017, she had a twitter account under the name Tara McCabe, where she retweeted praise for Joe Biden’s efforts to end sexual assault, as well as condemnation of Vladimir Putin. She has also been known as Tara Reade Moulton, Tara McCabe, Alexandra Tara McCabe, and Alexandra Tara Reade. That's a lot of peculiar name changes/aliases. The piece in the New Yorker she retweeted said: Putin seeks to “damage American confidence and undermine the Western alliances — diplomatic, financial, and military, that have shaped postwar world.” Kind of exactly what Putin has done.

Suddenly, in 2018 she did a complete 180 on Putin, describing him in weird, sexually charged terms. Her article “Why a Liberal Democrat supports Vladimir Putin”:

Through my lens, President Putin brought a chaotic and failed nation to become a vibrant, creative, economic force within a decade. I don’t care what your politics; just admit that his sheer, calculated vision and willful energy brought Russia back to be a world power…President Putin has an alluring combination of strength with gentleness. His sensuous image (emphasis mine) projects his love for life, the embodiment of grace while facing adversity. It is evident that he loves his country, his people and his job. Although his job may seem like in the words of writer, Elizabeth Gilbert on genius, “ trying to swallow the sun.” This is a whole lot to deal with for one mere mortal… President Putin’s obvious reverence for women, children and animals, and his ability with sports is intoxicating to American women.
Where the hell does that come from after ONE year?

The week she came out with her accusations against Biden, she also wrote:

When the anti-Russia, anti-Putin propaganda starts up, personally, I shut down. I love Russia, I love my Russian relatives and friends. And like most women across the world, I like President Putin… a lot, his shirt on or shirt off. (again, emphasis is mine)
All that said, LeTourneau concludes by saying: "The agenda I bring to the table is that I want to believe Joe Biden. Frankly, though, I struggle with that and have tried to weigh all of the evidence. That is what is disturbing about this whole thing…we just don’t know. And I’m afraid we’re all going to have to live with that."

Personally, I'm beginning to think Reade's (or whatever her name is) story is just another one of Trump's disinformation campaigns to hurt Biden. I don't like to doubt accusers because in my 27 years in the finance industry I saw a lot of pinching, slapping, and VERY crude comments from men to women in an office setting. This one is too weird though, and at too convenient a time.

Last edited:
I tend to believe people who've been on the wrong end of sexual harassment, but the more I look into this case and read articles like this one in Washington Monthly by Nancy LeTourneau, it starts to look like this Reade may not be being forthright.

According to LeTourneau's article; "There is a recording of a woman believed to be Reade's mother calling in to the Larry King Show in '93 where she says her daughter was sexually harassed, not sexually assaulted. The AP recently contacted 21 former Biden staffers, none of whom remember any Reade complaint against their boss. Reade now says she made claims of sexual harassment, but not assault, to her supervisors in Biden’s office; they vehemently deny hearing any such complaint. Reade also claims she complained to the Senate personnel office; but there is no record of it."

In his closely documented, almost 50-year career, there have been no other similar claims against Biden. The Times interviewed the other seven women who came out last year to accuse Biden of touching them against their will; none said his behavior crossed the line to sexual assault. After many dozen interviews, with Reade and her friends, along with lawyers and two dozen Biden staffers, the writers concluded: “The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden.” Men who do what Reade says Biden did tend to do it more than once (see Harvey Weinstein, Jeffrey Epstein, and Donald Trump). Also, once an allegation like Reade’s surfaces, others usually follow. They have not, at least so far."

Now to the quite strange information about Reade. In 2016 and 2017, she had a twitter account under the name Tara McCabe, where she retweeted praise for Joe Biden’s efforts to end sexual assault, as well as condemnation of Vladimir Putin. She has also been known as Tara Reade Moulton, Tara McCabe, Alexandra Tara McCabe, and Alexandra Tara Reade. That's a lot of peculiar name changes/aliases. The piece in the New Yorker she retweeted said: Putin seeks to “damage American confidence and undermine the Western alliances — diplomatic, financial, and military, that have shaped postwar world.” Kind of exactly what Putin has done.

Suddenly, in 2018 she did a complete 180 on Putin, describing him in weird, sexually charged terms. Her article “Why a Liberal Democrat supports Vladimir Putin”:

Through my lens, President Putin brought a chaotic and failed nation to become a vibrant, creative, economic force within a decade. I don’t care what your politics; just admit that his sheer, calculated vision and willful energy brought Russia back to be a world power…President Putin has an alluring combination of strength with gentleness. His sensuous image (emphasis mine) projects his love for life, the embodiment of grace while facing adversity. It is evident that he loves his country, his people and his job. Although his job may seem like in the words of writer, Elizabeth Gilbert on genius, “ trying to swallow the sun.” This is a whole lot to deal with for one mere mortal… President Putin’s obvious reverence for women, children and animals, and his ability with sports is intoxicating to American women.
Where the hell does that come from after ONE year?

The week she came out with her accusations against Biden, she also wrote:

When the anti-Russia, anti-Putin propaganda starts up, personally, I shut down. I love Russia, I love my Russian relatives and friends. And like most women across the world, I like President Putin… a lot, his shirt on or shirt off. (again, emphasis is mine)
All that said, LeTourneau concludes by saying: "The agenda I bring to the table is that I want to believe Joe Biden. Frankly, though, I struggle with that and have tried to weigh all of the evidence. That is what is disturbing about this whole thing…we just don’t know. And I’m afraid we’re all going to have to live with that."

Personally, I'm beginning to think Reade's (or whatever her name is) story is just another one of Trump's disinformation campaigns to hurt Biden. I don't like to doubt accusers because in my 27 years in the finance industry I saw a lot of pinching, slapping, and VERY crude comments from men to women in an office setting. This one is too weird, though at too convenient a time.
So, she's lying?

I'm not saying that. As I said in my post, I tend to believe women when they come forward; however with all the details mentioned in my post above, I'm pretty skeptical. Like I mentioned...her own mother called in to Larry King and said her daughter was "sexually harassed", not "sexually assaulted". I also look at Biden's 50 year career in public service and there has never been anyone who has made accusations like this about Uncle Joe. The Putin thing is the thing that stands out as the most peculiar action she's taken. It makes zero sense.

My guess is that back then when sexual harassment was still pretty rampant, at least in my business, I could witnessed women being harassed, but that's a whole different ball game than a woman being sexually assaulted.

I lean toward Joe on this, but if more stories come out I may change my mind. Read the Washington Monthly article. It's pretty even handed (at least I think so).

So, she's lying?

Last edited:
Reactions: Spartans9312

How do you know? Were you there?

What has Biden got to do with Kavanaugh? At least make your attempts at comparison REALISTIC, as in Biden vs Trump...

You know, as in two candidates for POTUS accused of sexual assault by (in Trump's case) multiple women. Kavanaugh is a strawman, whose confirmation was determined by which party controlled the Senate. No election allowing the people to make a choice...

It's only a strawman in your mind.

Democrats accused of double standard on Biden, Kavanaugh

In 2018, top Democrats reacted with fury at the allegations made by Blasey Ford, demanding Kavanaugh remove himself from consideration to the Supreme Court.

They walked with the protesters on Capitol Hill, fundraised off the hearings and used the issue to energize the liberal base ahead of the 2018 midterms, in which Democrats won back the House.

Privately, some Democrats are now lamenting the standard they set in 2018, saying it has backfired now that Biden has been accused.

“We set up a standard we can't live by. No one likes to discuss it but it's the reality,” said one Democratic strategist who requested anonymity to talk candidly. “It looks terrible for him and for the party. You can't say you believe women and then take it all back because it doesn't apply to you.”
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/495757-democrats-accused-of-double-standard-on-biden-kavanaugh

I find all politicians and political parties hypocritical liars, so I don't really care one way or the other.... and rather expect it. But it's not a strawman.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hoopsdoc1978
It's only a strawman in your mind.

Democrats accused of double standard on Biden, Kavanaugh

In 2018, top Democrats reacted with fury at the allegations made by Blasey Ford, demanding Kavanaugh remove himself from consideration to the Supreme Court.

They walked with the protesters on Capitol Hill, fundraised off the hearings and used the issue to energize the liberal base ahead of the 2018 midterms, in which Democrats won back the House.

Privately, some Democrats are now lamenting the standard they set in 2018, saying it has backfired now that Biden has been accused.

“We set up a standard we can't live by. No one likes to discuss it but it's the reality,” said one Democratic strategist who requested anonymity to talk candidly. “It looks terrible for him and for the party. You can't say you believe women and then take it all back because it doesn't apply to you.”
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/495757-democrats-accused-of-double-standard-on-biden-kavanaugh

I find all politicians and political parties hypocritical liars, so I don't really care one way or the other.... and rather expect it. But it's not a strawman.

It's a strawman because the comparison between a 2019/2020 accusation against a member of ONE party should be analyzed with the MOST RECENT accusation against a member of the opposing party. Kavanaugh was accused in 2018 2 or 3 mos before the 2018 midterms, and while the faux outrage over the situation played well in the Red States, overall the country as a whole rejected the notion that Kavanaugh was some sort of victim. At least they rejected it as an electoral issue- just like the phony "caravans"...

The problem with comparing the (as I write this) pretty well-discredited accusation vs Biden as a tit for tat with Kavanaugh is that in the interim Donald Trump has been accused of RAPE. If you want to argue that Biden's accuser should be given the same degree of space to tell her story as E Jean Carroll has been given to tell her story then I agree. Problem is Carroll's story has largely been swept under the rug, and Trump is doing far more to suppress Carroll's story than the "press" has done to suppress Reade's.

Biden's accuser has just admitted she didn't even use the word "assault" or "harassment" in the complaint she filed. Instead, she says that if it is discovered it will say she felt "uncomfortable". Just this afternoon she canceled her scheduled appearance on Fox News Sunday for tomorrow...

By contrast, E Jean Carroll has taken Trump to court to obtain his DNA and have it matched against a stain on her dress. Trump is refusing to provide said stain, even though he maintains that he DOES NOT KNOW her.

Now which accusation strikes you as more credible, and why aren't we more aware of the ongoing court case? I submit that the whole purpose of the subterfuge to portray this as Kavanaugh redux is to keep Carroll vs Trump in the background. Do you disagree?

I agree with you about Biden being way behind.
I'm not voting for Trump and probably not for Biden either.
It is kind of interesting to see some of the folks here who blasted Kavanaugh be pretty silent on Biden.
If you are not voting neither for Biden nor for Trump, whom are you going to vote for? In case you don't know, George Wallace is dead, and has been dead for a long time.

Reactions: cosmickid
Biden is way behind.....

Sexual misconduct allegations have been made against Trump by at least 22 women​

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Trump_sexual_misconduct_allegations
Why is it that when Biden's accusation is brought up people who support him don't own it. They just immediately go, "But Trump"? The real question is if Biden has been accused. Are you willing to have a complete hearing on this like they did on Kavanaugh? Also if it is proven he did rape this woman would you withdraw your support?

Why is it that when Biden's accusation is brought up people who support him don't own it. They just immediately go, "But Trump"? The real question is if Biden has been accused. Are you willing to have a complete hearing on this like they did on Kavanaugh? Also if it is proven he did rape this woman would you withdraw your support?
That is quite a statement for a pastor, who has been an ardent supporter of our current president, who has been PROVEN to have committed similar or worse acts, many times over. BTW, I asked you this question before: have you ever read the Ten Commandments? If you have, do you understand what they say? How many of the articles has our current president broken, and yet you support such actions?

That is quite a statement for a pastor, who has been an ardent supporter of our current president, who has been PROVEN to have committed similar or worse acts, many times over. BTW, I asked you this question before: have you ever read the Ten Commandments? If you have, do you understand what they say? How many of the articles has our current president broken, and yet you support such actions?
I don't know if it has been proven that Trump raped a woman. How do you know for sure? Also I ask you the same question. If it was known for certain that Joe Biden committed rape on a woman and that is why she abruptly quit her job would you still support him?

I don't know if it has been proven that Trump raped a woman. How do you know for sure? Also I ask you the same question. If it was known for certain that Joe Biden committed rape on a woman and that is why she abruptly quit her job would you still support him?

Trump bragged about walking into the dressing room of a teenage beauty pageant. And you are one of his biggest fans. I believe there may be a plank in your eye.

1) Do you really believe that what Trump has done is just a rumor? If you do, you are even more hopeless than I thought!
2) I have already stated in another thread that if it is proven that Joe Biden really raped a woman, I would be condemning him for that. As is, it is still "she said; he said" stage. I never condemn, or praise for that matter, anybody based on such condition, yes, even Trump. Jumping to a conclusion based on rumors or on one man's opinion is, well never mind; you fill in the words!

Yet, you, claiming to be a man of God, KNOW that Trump has done all of those things, many times for that matter, has violated just about every article of the Ten Commandments, and still voted for him, and worse, still support him and adore him. Furthermore, you are condemning Biden based on one woman's accusation, still to be proven!

That is the difference between you and me, Reverend. BTW, my mother was a preacher, as were my elder brother, and two of my uncles. I grew up as a Christian but left later after encounterring so many Preach Vans. Needless to say, I know your world quite well, yet I have never met a so-called man of God like you. I sincerely thank you for opening my eyes!

[QUOTE="VanPastorMan, post: 2935835, member: 2848"]I don't know if it has been proven that Trump raped a woman. How do you know for sure? Also I ask you the same question. If it was known for certain that Joe Biden committed rape on a woman and that is why she abruptly quit her job would you still support him?[/QUOTE]

Do you even look at articles linked and read their content? Trump has been accused of RAPE (since June 2019) by a woman who claims she knew him and that he accosted her in a dressing room at an NYC Dept store... She is the woman standing opposite Trump...

Look at what you wrote. I don't know that it's been proven that Trump raped someone-how do you know for sure? Then you turn around and ask if it was known for certain that Biden committed a rape (which BTW NOBODY has accused him of) would we still support Biden? So now we're comparing a factual scenario (2 women Accusing Trump of RAPE) against a scenario you basically just made up- since NO ONE has accused Biden of RAPE...

Tolentino-E-Jean-Carroll_01.jpg

Donald Trump responded to a rape accusation by the writer E. Jean Carroll (second from left) by saying that he’s never met her. A photo from 1987 shows them at a party together.

Trump called her a liar and claims he DOES NOT KNOW her. As a result of her accusation, she was fired earlier this year from her job at Elle Magazine, where she had penned an advice Column since 1993. Coincidentally enough the year she claimed Trump raped her...

Now you've come on this thread all high and mighty and have maintained that some of us are looking the other way at accusations against Biden. But the accusations against Biden have gone from an interview with the AP last year, in which Tara Reade accused Biden of "inappropriately touching her shoulder", to her more recent claim a couple of months ago that he had "assaulted her" with his fingers...

Now not only is this a huge jump from what she said in 2019 but just yesterday after the AP confronted her with their notes about the previous interview she admitted that the much-ballyhooed complaint she claims she filed against Biden in 1993 did not even contain the terms "assault" or sexual harassment. In fact when the AP re-interviewed her YESTERDAY and showed her the notes from last year this is what she said...

“I remember talking about him wanting me to serve drinks because he liked my legs and thought I was pretty and it made me uncomfortable,” Reade said in an interview Friday with The Associated Press. “I know that I was too scared to write about the sexual assault.”

Reade said she described her issues with Biden but “the main word I used — and I know I didn’t use sexual harassment — I used ‘uncomfortable.’ And I remember ‘retaliation'."

More from the 2019 interview...

"During one of the April 2019 interviews with the AP, she said Biden rubbed her shoulders and neck and played with her hair. She said she was asked by an aide in Biden’s Senate office to dress more conservatively and told “don’t be so sexy.”

She said of Biden: “I wasn’t scared of him, that he was going to take me in a room or anything. It wasn’t that kind of vibe.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ap-exclusive-harassment-assault-absent-175552934.html

Now THAT is a far cry from what you claimed we were ignoring. And let's look at what YOU said in this thread...

"Why is it that when Biden's accusation is brought up people who support him don't own it. They just immediately go, "But Trump"? The real question is if Biden has been accused. Are you willing to have a complete hearing on this like they did on Kavanaugh? Also if it is proven he did rape this woman would you withdraw your support?"

Now I think you can see that even Reade is not accusing Biden of "raping" her. But since you were so outraged that we would supposedly "overlook a rape", let's analyze the Trump situation and your lack of outrage.

Because unlike Reade who has changed her story from 2019 to 2020, E Jean Carroll has maintained all along that Trump RAPED her. In fact after he got her fired, she sued him for defamation and is seeking to have his DNA collected and matched against a sample on her dress, Trump not only claims he DOES NOT KNOW her, but strangely enough he is fighting tooth and nail to keep from surrendering a DNA sample. Now Rev, I ask you does that sound like a man who is telling the truth? Here is what Carroll said in 2019, and is still saying while taking Trump to court...

"So now I will tell you what happened:

The moment the dressing-room door is closed, he lunges at me, pushes me against the wall, hitting my head quite badly, and puts his mouth against my lips. I am so shocked I shove him back and start laughing again. He seizes both my arms and pushes me up against the wall a second time, and, as I become aware of how large he is, he holds me against the wall with his shoulder and jams his hand under my coat dress and pulls down my tights.

I am astonished by what I’m about to write: I keep laughing. The next moment, still wearing correct business attire, shirt, tie, suit jacket, overcoat, he opens the overcoat, unzips his pants, and, forcing his fingers around my private area, thrusts his penis halfway — or completely, I’m not certain — inside me. It turns into a colossal struggle. I am wearing a pair of sturdy black patent-leather four-inch Barneys high heels, which puts my height around six-one, and I try to stomp his foot. I try to push him off with my one free hand — for some reason, I keep holding my purse with the other — and I finally get a knee up high enough to push him out and off and I turn, open the door, and run out of the dressing room."

https://www.thecut.com/2019/06/dona...8.1960307918.1588471610-1261986140.1585964318

So compare what Reade said YESTERDAY and what Carroll said in her 2019 book,and what she has maintained to this very day. No Change, no backing down- in fact she took Trump to court for lying about her...

You've already displayed your outrage for what you believe Biden may have done. You know Tara Reade did not get fired, right? In order to have been fired for "reporting," she'd have had to MAKE A REPORT, and no one who would have been the recipient of such a report and (possibly) would have fired her in response ever GOT such a report. In fact like everything else with Tara Reade inconsistency is a factor here as well...

"In 2009, Reade attributed her past departure from Washington, D.C., to moving to the Midwestern United States with a boyfriend.[12] In 2018, she wrote that she departed Washington, D.C., to become an actress and artist, due to being disillusioned with the American government's "xenophobia" towards Russia."

So here we are, and you posed the question of how we would respond to an (imaginary) accusation of RAPE vs Biden. So it's fair to ask how do YOU respond to a REAL ACCUSATION of RAPE vs Trump? Not proven, but certainly, his unwillingness to provide a DNA sample for a possible match to a stain on a dress of a woman he claims he DOES NOT KNOW is at the very least Troubling. Wouldn't you agree?

You were also outraged about someone "losing her job" when you assumed it was Reade. But the fact is it was E Jean Carroll. Are you still outraged?

Btw Rev E Jean Carroll is a NATIVE HOOSIER. In fact, she's more than just a girl from Fort Wayne- she is an IU alum who was an IU Cheerleader in 1965.

Last edited:
You missed the point and the issue raised in the article completely. When the Dems have a nominee - after their convention - then Trump is the opponent. This article is about a Democrat activist calling for Biden to withdraw. This is about an internal dispute/battle WITHIN the Democrat party about who should even be the nominee.
Democratic Party. Not Democrat Party. When you refuse to use the proper terminology, it makes you look like the dipshitted political hack you really are.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT