ADVERTISEMENT

POLL: What is a Minimally Successful 2019 W/L Record??

What is a minimally successful 2019 W/L Record?

• 5-7 - No Bucket. No Blowout losses. Competitive.

Votes: 23 34.3%
  • 5-7 - Bucket Loss. Competitive. One upset win.

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • 5-7 - Bucket Win. Competitive. One upset loss

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • 6-6 - Bucket Win. Bowl. No upset wins.

Votes: 30 44.8%
  • 6-6 - Bucket Loss. Bowl. One Upset Win (OSU?)

Votes: 10 14.9%

• Total voters
WHY ARE THERE SO FEW OPTIONS? WHY IS "MINIMAL SUCCESS" EITHER A 5-7 OR 6-6 RECORD???

How about 4-8 with wins over OSU, UM, PSU and MSU. This is dumb. Wins are wins at this point.

Have you been drinking when you created this poll. Can we create a write-in answer?
I understand. I have made the following assumptions:
1. No major injuries to starters.
2. No one would be happy about a 4-8 record, barring significant insures (see #1)
3. No 4-8 team could possibly have OSU, MSU, PSU and UM as their only wins. So that is not an option.
4. Any more than 6 wins (7+) is just gravy. If it's not, you're just being an a-hole.

My butt will be in my seat at the stadium every game next fall (God willing), but, looking at the schedule and IU football history, I think we end up 4-8.

ANONYMOUS!!

JUST VOTE!!

No Comments!!!!!

NO ARGUING !!!

JUST VOTE! !!!
Any "successful" season starts with 6 wins when you are a team like IU who will never sniff a conference or national title. So you either bowl or your don't and that's how you measure successful on the field. Off the field success as a program can be defined by several different things (academic, draft picks, higher rated recruit classes, facilities, attendance, etc). So the poll should read do you think we win 6 or do you think we don't. How we get 6 really isn't important as long as you get 6 wins. Look at Purdue...they got 6 two years in a row yet they were very ugly in a lot of places. But 6 is 6 and a bowl is a bowl....anything less is not a successful season on the field.

I just can’t believe that 40% of the voters believe we can have a successful season next year without a bowl. That’s baffling to me. I hope it’s Purdue trolls and there aren’t actually IU fans who think this way.

Reactions: td75 and IUgradman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT