ADVERTISEMENT

Phinesee commits

Miller has been at IU for ~4 months and has yet to coach a single IU game. One could make a comparative argument that he's "killing it" if you're going to bring up coaches like K and Calipari.

He's doing just fine but killing it is an enormous stretch when he's at a top 5-6 all time program and hasn't landed a single consensus top 50 recruit. I'm sure that will change before long though.

I don't think this kid is "bone-fide D 1" either.

He's short and thin.

Not a super athlete like Yogi (who was a 5 star). Borderline 4 star (some have him as a 3).

If he's the best we've got for 4 years, we're screwed. Even as a senior, some one and done 5-star from Kaintuck would eat him up.
And PJ came in with what kind of ranking? And remind me how tall he is...

I don't see Phinnisee or Eastern being the starting pg's at each school. Edwards will start for next 3 years and I think IU will land someone better than phinnissee in 19 class

Edwards will play the 2 and likely won't be the lead guard.

Why would you play the 5'10 kid at the 2 and the 6'6 kid at the pg spot? If that's the case Phinisee wouldn't guard Eastern our 2 or 3 would

Because Carsen is better off the ball and Eastern can't shoot well enough to be a 2 and has PG skills.

He's doing just fine but killing it is an enormous stretch when he's at a top 5-6 all time program and hasn't landed a single consensus top 50 recruit. I'm sure that will change before long though.

I said "one could" in a "comparative argument". I'm not making that argument.

Lol really? You do realize Hulls chose IU before he was about to visit Duke. Phinesee chose IU over Purdue. Hulls was the 19th ranked PG in the class (just like Rob) and many called Hulls a a pure PG. Hindsight is always 20/20 but don't get things confused with what people thought Jordan was going to be at IU.

Look, Rob could end up being great. My point is that there are a lot more similarities here than not when it comes to the recruiting front. It's a great pick up but to use this as reasoning to bash Crean is based on a false premise.

Duke never offered and was never going to. Hulls had a total of 1 offer, Indiana. Purdue and Butler didn't even offer. Butler didn't even recruit him.

Phinisee had offers from Indiana, Georgetown, Purdue, Ohio State, and Virginia. Those coaching staffs must see something, right?

When Hulls was being recruited, it was a question of does he want to sit the bench somewhere or start for IU.

I am not bashing Hulls or Crean and I am not saying Phinisee is going to be some stud. Just that Phinisee is the better prospect.

Reactions: mazz
Because Carsen is better off the ball and Eastern can't shoot well enough to be a 2 and has PG skills.

Eastern has never played significant minuets at point guard.

What if he can't play? I think Purdue fans might be counting on things that haven't happened yet.

Duke never offered and was never going to. Hulls had a total of 1 offer, Indiana. Purdue and Butler didn't even offer. Butler didn't even recruit him.

Phinisee had offers from Indiana, Georgetown, Purdue, Ohio State, and Virginia. Those coaching staffs must see something, right?

When Hulls was being recruited, it was a question of does he want to sit the bench somewhere or start for IU.

I am not bashing Hulls or Crean and I am not saying Phinisee is going to be some stud. Just that Phinisee is the better prospect.

LOL Oh brother. "Duke never offered and was never going to." I didn't realize you were on Coach K's staff. Impressive to have such a knowledgeable source on the board. The problem is, you're wrong. Don't list your personal opinion as if it's a fact and nothing more than an opinion.

Hulls had one offer because his coming out party was in April of the AAU season (the beginning) where he had a great showing against John Wall. That's when IU and Duke started showing interest and Hulls committed to IU 2 weeks later. It was early in the process but planned to visit Duke. Phinesee didn't get some of his offers like OSU and Georgetown until this summer which is later in the process than when Hulls committed. So to compare offers shows how little insight you truly have.

LOL Oh brother. "Duke never offered and was never going to." I didn't realize you were on Coach K's staff. Impressive to have such a knowledgeable source on the board. The problem is, you're wrong. Don't list your personal opinion as if it's a fact and nothing more than an opinion.

Hulls had one offer because his coming out party was in April of the AAU season (the beginning) where he had a great showing against John Wall. That's when IU and Duke started showing interest and Hulls committed to IU 2 weeks later. It was early in the process but planned to visit Duke. Phinesee didn't get some of his offers like OSU and Georgetown until this summer which is later in the process than when Hulls committed. So to compare offers shows how little insight you truly have.

Wow dude, chill out..... lol ......

And the fact is Duke didn't offer. Ever. Its not my opinion, its a fact. And nobody else offered, ever. Hulls got little or no attention through his junior year of high school.

Virginia offered Phinisee last September (beginning of junior year) and Purdue offered last March, those staffs must of saw something in him.

It would have been interesting if Hulls wasn't from Bloomington or if the program wasn't in the state it was.......

I loved Hulls, but he had obvious problems with speed and size. Phinisee has flaws as well. Rob is bigger and more athletic than Jordan.

I AM NOT SAYING HE WILL BE BETTER..... lol

the fact is Duke didn't offer. Ever. Its not my opinion, its a fact. And nobody else offered, ever. Hulls got little or no attention through his junior year of high school.

I loved Hulls, but he had obvious problems with speed and size. Phinisee has flaws as well. Rob is bigger and more athletic than Jordan.

I AM NOT SAYING HE WILL BE BETTER..... lol

Who debated anything about who did offer him? The opinion that you tried to make a fact and what I was calling you out on was that you said Duke was NEVER going to offer Hulls. Considering Duke and IU were new to the relationship, you have no clue.

Secondly, you say you loved Hulls, then go on to say speed and size were his issues. Speed was never a problem with Hulls, I'm not too sure when that became a thought process in your mind. You can say he lacked athleticism. As for size, you do realize Hulls was 6'0, 170 and Phinesee is 5'11 160....right? Or were you trying to say Hulls was just too tall? ha

Who debated anything about who did offer him? The opinion that you tried to make a fact and what I was calling you out on was that you said Duke was NEVER going to offer Hulls. Considering Duke and IU were new to the relationship, you have no clue.

Secondly, you say you loved Hulls, then go on to say speed and size were his issues. Speed was never a problem with Hulls, I'm not too sure when that became a thought process in your mind. You can say he lacked athleticism. As for size, you do realize Hulls was 6'0, 170 and Phinesee is 5'11 160....right? Or were you trying to say Hulls was just too tall? ha

You are right, it is my opinion that Jordan Hulls was never going to receive a Duke offer. And even though he "blew up" and IU offered, the best offer Hulls was going to receive was IU. Hulls could have easily waited over the summer and received more offers if he thought they were coming. He committed in May. It is my opinion he knew where he stood with Duke and everyone else and took the best offer, the IU scholarship.

I loved Hulls and part of the reason was how hard he worked to compete with the tools he had. Speed was a problem with Hulls. If you think he didn't have trouble staying in front of people, you are wrong. Did he get better? Absolutely. But he struggled at times.

I know how big both players are and I have my opinion on how big both will be in college. As a senior in college, Hulls was 180lbs. That's a size problem unless you are quick, which Hulls wasnt. And you only have to watch the first 5 minutes of the Syracuse game to see why. Yes, I think Phinesee will be bigger than Hulls. Will he be? I don't know.....thats why I think he is a better PROSPECT.

You are writing this kid off days after he commits because someone thinks he might be better at point guard than Jordan Hulls. A fringe top 100 player that didn't play point guard on best team he was a part of. A kid that never averaged better than 2.5 assists a game.

I wouldn't say killing it. Arizona, Duke and U.K. are killing it. Landing 4 recruits and only 1 inside the top 100 isn't killing it. In my opinion 18 will be his foundation class and 19 he will hit some HOme runs

Considering the fact that he has not yet coached a game...he is doing better than anyone could have asked.

Considering the fact that he has not yet coached a game...he is doing better than anyone could have asked.

Crean inherited a situation 10x worse and didn't he have Creek and Watford committed before he had ever coached a game? Both were higher rated than anyone Archie has landed. I'm not complaining just saying.

Edit: Yes I checked. Both Creek and Watford were top 50 recruits and committed before the 2008 season started.

Last edited:
I know how big both players are and I have my opinion on how big both will be in college. As a senior in college, Hulls was 180lbs. That's a size problem unless you are quick, which Hulls wasnt. And you only have to watch the first 5 minutes of the Syracuse game to see why. Yes, I think Phinesee will be bigger than Hulls. Will he be? I don't know.....thats why I think he is a better PROSPECT.

You are writing this kid off days after he commits because someone thinks he might be better at point guard than Jordan Hulls.

Oh, so now you are in the game of predicting growth spurts. Interesting.

No one is writing anyone off. I am excited about this commit and have said nothing but compliments to Archie. He was my #1 candidate and I actually found out about his hiring long before it was made public. Either way, what I took issue with is people saying Crean never recruited a PG until Yogi which is completely false. You then chimed in with nonsense to back that position up. People go out of their way to bash Crean when there are many other things people can use that are factual (such as the use of motivational/reminder signs he held up). But lets not write a false narrative.

Crean inherited a situation 10x worse and didn't he have Creek and Watford committed before he had ever coached a game? Both were higher rated than anyone Archie has landed. I'm not complaining just saying.

Edit: Yes I checked. Both Creek and Watford were top 50 recruits and committed before the 2008 season started.

Yup. Hopefully AM turns out to be a better coach and less of an odd ball.

Precisely what I was trying to get across as well. I am 100% in on this Archie hire and I have the utmost confidence he will succeed here. I am beyond stoked we have him; however, using what he has done to bash Crean is where it's just getting pathetic. It's non-comparable situations and even if it were, they're on even ground in that regard. The question is, can Archie coach the talent better? That is where people are coming to a common agreement. People need to move on.

Reactions: IU Hardcore
Wasn't he already a 4 star on scout. Maybe they are just trying to keep up.

2 words about the Phinesee complaints:

Bryant McIntosh

Reactions: Tasmanian Devil
I know you didn't but just calling you out your immaturity when you are trying to discuss anything on here. Also I brought this up for you because you were tired of all the 3 star players coming for visits or committing.

That's pretty funny considering all I did was ask a question and your BFF wet himself over it......yet you didn't rip him.

Also, how am I the one "immature" when your buddies keep moving the goal posts and I showed how ridiculous their reply was on the CEO's "answering every email"?

(rolleyes)

There is a moron here, but I would suggest it's the guy that can't comprehend how ratings might change. You got it yet or still need help? I'll keep working with you, I consider it charity work.

Go back to sniffing Archie's dirty jock, pumpkin.

I'm sorry any question about him makes you need a safe space.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT