ADVERTISEMENT

Phinesee commits

Has a kid from Bloomington ever picked Purdue over IU? Between Cronk and Phinisee it seems that Lafayette is becoming a good place for IU to recruit.

Meh.

Not only am I not impressed with him, I think this pretty much kills us getting Garland. I know some thought we had "no chance" with him, but I doubt that.

Is cool to steal him from Moo U's backyard though....

Archie 2 PorkChop 0 in head to head recruiting of Indiana High School kids. The only other player both schools want for 2018 from Indiana is Langford, so we will see what happens. Painter recruited Anderson and Phinisee for 3 years, Archie recruited them for 3 and 4 months. Hey, I know, you Broilees aren't worried about Archie one bit....

2019 Archie and Porky are squaring off for Keion Brooks and Jackson-Davis. I believe that is the only Indiana kids that both have high interest in.

Reactions: sluggo69
Has a kid from Bloomington ever picked Purdue over IU? Between Cronk and Phinisee it seems that Lafayette is becoming a good place for IU to recruit.

Don't think you can compare Cronk to Phinisee as they are completely different situations. Phinisee was actively recruited by Purdue and chose IU. Cronk was never offered due to overwhelming incompetence by Darrell Hazell. If Brohm had been there when Cronk was in high school, he'd be wearing the black and gold right now.

Don't think you can compare Cronk to Phinisee as they are completely different situations. Phinisee was actively recruited by Purdue and chose IU. Cronk was never offered due to overwhelming incompetence by Darrell Hazell. If Brohm had been there when Cronk was in high school, he'd be wearing the black and gold right now.

Of course he would....

Reactions: Rakkasan29 and mazz
Meh.

Not only am I not impressed with him, I think this pretty much kills us getting Garland. I know some thought we had "no chance" with him, but I doubt that.

Is cool to steal him from Moo U's backyard though....

Huh? He's a really good get and a 4 year player. Garland is a one and done or two and done. When have elite players ever been scared off by a 3* committing at their position?

Reactions: minneman

That's just like your opinion man.

Facts say that an all big ten freshman LT from Lafayette plays for IU now. Phinisee has also committed. I know you're reeling, but there's no guarantee Brohm gets Cronk. And my question stands as to when this has ever gone the other direction?

That's just like your opinion man.

Facts say that an all big ten freshman LT from Lafayette plays for IU now. Phinisee has also committed. I know you're reeling, but there's no guarantee Brohm gets Cronk. And my question stands as to when this has ever gone the other direction?

I don't recall it ever going the other direction. There's a pretty strong likelihood that Cronk would've been at Purdue if he had been offered based on people who know him and coached him in high school. If you choose not to believe it, that's fine. Just another example of why Hazell was a disaster.

I don't recall it ever going the other direction. There's a pretty strong likelihood that Cronk would've been at Purdue if he had been offered based on people who know him and coached him in high school. If you choose not to believe it, that's fine. Just another example of why Hazell was a disaster.

You realize that crunk's dad was under Mallory at IU. Even if PU offered, he was coming to IU.

Reactions: mazz
You realize that crunk's dad was under Mallory at IU. Even if PU offered, he was coming to IU.

I've heard he was Purdue-bound so I guess we'll never know or sure. Regardless, there's no excuse for not offering him. Britt Beery and Jacob Robinson fall in the same boat. It sucks haha. But that's Darrell Hazell for you.

I've heard he was Purdue-bound so I guess we'll never know or sure. Regardless, there's no excuse for not offering him. Britt Beery and Jacob Robinson fall in the same boat. It sucks haha. But that's Darrell Hazell for you.
Well now wait you back tracking? Earlier you said it was a guarantee he woulda been a Bolier, Grow a pair b

Well now wait you back tracking? Earlier you said it was a guarantee he woulda been a Bolier, Grow a pair b

It was my opinion that he would've been at Purdue. It's a moot point now but there are plenty of guys that are at IU for football that I think would be at Purdue if Hazell had been competent.

Reactions: joe for prez
It was my opinion that he would've been at Purdue. It's a moot point now but there are plenty of guys that are at IU for football that I think would be at Purdue if Hazell had been competent.

I'm not so sure. IU is the more attractive destination. Nicer facilities for sure. Purdue has better academics all around, but IU has moved out of football purgatory.

I'm not so sure. IU is the more attractive destination. Nicer facilities for sure. Purdue has better academics all around, but IU has moved out of football purgatory.

Not so sure? The guys I'm referring to came from Purdue families and would be at Purdue if not for Hazell's incompetence. Purdue had its worst 4-year stretch ever and will only improve from here. I think the gap between iu and Purdue isn't significant and can be closed by Brohm before too long.

Lol Robinson was never going to PU. I can tell you that was never in doubt. Britt, I can't confirm either way.

painter will never get a elite player from this state again

Oh please.

FWIW, some said the same thing in that period after Hummel & Co. went to Purdue...then Crean was hired and landed Zeller, Hollowell, Yogi, etal....after which time Purdue got commits from the likes of Hammons and Swanigan.

It doesn't work the way you're saying.

And, besides, as solid a player as Phinisee is, it's not like we just bagged Romeo.

Cause he and his family wanted him at IU. Have a friend who knows the family very well. Britt, idk.

We can agree to disagree on this one. His family is very pro-Purdue and if we had offered him in the summer instead of waiting so long, I think things could've been different. I don't doubt what your friend told you but I heard conflicting info which is fine. We'll never know thanks to Darrell Hazell.

It'll be interesting to see what happens in the 2019 class with a few guys in particular in Jack Kiser and George Karlaftis. If Hazell was still here, I'm sure we'd find a way to bungle both of those recruitments. They are both solid in-state guys with extensive Purdue backgrounds. With Brohm, I think there's a solid chance we land both of them.

We can agree to disagree on this one. His family is very pro-Purdue and if we had offered him in the summer instead of waiting so long, I think things could've been different. I don't doubt what your friend told you but I heard conflicting info which is fine. We'll never know thanks to Darrell Hazell.

It'll be interesting to see what happens in the 2019 class with a few guys in particular in Jack Kiser and George Karlaftis. If Hazell was still here, I'm sure we'd find a way to bungle both of those recruitments. They are both solid in-state guys with extensive Purdue backgrounds. With Brohm, I think there's a solid chance we land both of them.
I know about his family and played zero in his decision. His mom specifically wanted him at IU. In regards to Kiser, I hear he is undervalued prospect but don't know much there. I know GK had PU in his top 3 but if I were betting he's playing for his dad's school in Miami. We'll see, but I think PU is the friendly 3rd option (local school) like McGrone and IU. We knew IU can't compete when it's down to UM & ND as the other schools. IU made final 3 mostly out of being the home school.

I know about his family and played zero in his decision. His mom specifically wanted him at IU. In regards to Kiser, I hear he is undervalued prospect but don't know much there. I know GK had PU in his top 3 but if I were betting he's playing for his dad's school in Miami. We'll see, but I think PU is the friendly 3rd option (local school) like McGrone and IU. We knew IU can't compete when it's down to UM & ND as the other schools. IU made final 3 mostly out of being the home school.

I think it's not that way necessarily with Karlaftis. Miami is hid dad's school but there's a lot of talk of him staying close because his dad passed away recently and he's very close to his family (Who are all in West Lafayette). I think Purdue is going to be a real player here as Miami would be too far away. Kiser's dad and uncle were athletes at Purdue. He looks like he could be a stud.

I think it's not that way necessarily with Karlaftis. Miami is hid dad's school but there's a lot of talk of him staying close because his dad passed away recently and he's very close to his family (Who are all in West Lafayette). I think Purdue is going to be a real player here as Miami would be too far away. Kiser's dad and uncle were athletes at Purdue. He looks like he could be a stud.

They are player, not saying that. I'm just picking Miami based on things I've read and heard from local HS coaches. He could very well pick PU

They are player, not saying that. I'm just picking Miami based on things I've read and heard from local HS coaches. He could very well pick PU

Oh I could definitely see him picking Miami. If his dad was still around, I'd say it was a pretty good certainty. But with his father passing away and him being the oldest of 4, there might be some added pressure to stay close by so his family can see him play all the time. Such a sad situation for his family. They moved back from Greece after his dad passed a few years back. I'll be rooting for the kid wherever he ends up.

Welcome Robert! I hope you'll have four great years of education and basketball and I look forward to watching you lead us.

I think the 5'11'' Phinisee is going to have a tough time guarding 6'6'' Eastern

I'm guessing Phinisee would be assigned to Carsen Edwards and someone else on IU would guard Eastern. Not sure if Phinisee has the quicks to keep up with Carsen but the height differential makes more sense. If Phinisee guarded Eastern, I think Eastern would back him down a la Mark Jackson from his Pacer days haha.

I'd rather keep the spot open for Garland and Romeo.
Would rather have Phinesee for 4 years than one year of Garland. It is funny that people use to say they rather have lower ranked Indiana kid than a higher ranked out of state player. People complained Crean couldn't get Indiana kids and now Miller has gotten two people still complain.

Reactions: Frosty83
And why was he never going to Purdue? Clearly one of us has information that's way off.

Sweet Jesus, would you pathetic jealous PUkes stop hijacking this thread to whine about your inferior program?

Is there ANY moderator for this place to stop this crap?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT