ADVERTISEMENT

Perfect example why Trump won't win...

I think Trump will win Indiana and the other red states whether his campaign handlers successfully get him to moderate his message and focus on issues, or he ignores them and continues to be his himself, blatant racism, division, and all. Out.
Morrison you’re always pretty fair. You think part of it is that he’s just old as shit. Not up to speed. Different generation etc. hell his suits alone indicate same

Morrison you’re always pretty fair. You think part of it is that he’s just old as shit. Not up to speed. Different generation etc. hell his suits alone indicate same
No, I think the MAGA movement at its core has always been based on racism first and foremost. It branches off into other shit, but at its core is about us vs. “them.” I know that racism on this board doesn’t exist anymore, as people can post blatantly racist shit and it’s either not called out, or when it is, it’s “liberals making everything about race.” The right has given themselves a free pass to say whatever the **** they want, and think it’s fine because “liberals make everything about race.” Im not a liberal, a moderate Dem. But I’m done. Love you all❤️

No, I think the MAGA movement at its core has always been based on racism first and foremost. It branches off into other shit, but at its core is about us vs. “them.” I know that racism on this board doesn’t exist anymore, as people can post blatantly racist shit and it’s either not called out, or when it is, it’s “liberals making everything about race.” The right has given themselves a free pass to say whatever the **** they want, and think it’s fine because “liberals make everything about race.” Im not a liberal, a moderate Dem. But I’m done. Love you all❤️
This is the guy you think is “fair” Mcm?

Shitbag progressive. Anyone that feels the need to openly declare themselves a “moderate” is covering for something.

Voice your opinion, hopefully it is well substantiated, and then people will think of you what they will. You can’t control that.

The idea that this guy is so concerned with his political self image….. loser.

• Haha
Reactions: IU_Hickory
That’s interesting to me. I just don’t see it that way. At all. It may play that way for clicks and ratings but maga for me is almost nostalgic. A way of life where shit was made here and we took care of america first and if you worked hard you could get a job at the plant and have a family and pursue the American dream. A time when things were easier for the working class. Nothing to do with race. Now are there people who want that but may also be racists? Sure. But that’s not the movement. And believe me I think that nostalgic return that people are desirous of left the country long ago. It’s not coming back. But that’s the dream

That’s interesting to me. I just don’t see it that way. At all. It may play that way for clicks and ratings but maga for me is almost nostalgic. A way of life where shit was made here and we took care of america first and if you worked hard you could get a job at the plant and have a family and pursue the American dream. A time when things were easier for the working class. Nothing to do with race. Now are there people who want that but may also be racists? Sure. But that’s not the movement. And believe me I think that nostalgic return that people are desirous of left the country long ago. It’s not coming back. But that’s the dream
I appreciate your perspective. Go Hoosiers!

I think you're both wrong and right at the same time. I think maga is at its core a nativist movement, which naturally overlaps with both of the things you guys identify in it.

I don't remember him ever claiming he is anything other than rich. He doesn't adapt his speech, depending what audience he's addressing.
Are you saying black politicians are claiming to be a different kind of black to black constituents? And that the black constituents are being fooled by these black politicians? And you are making this determination as an older white male? I want to be sure I understand exactly what you are saying here.

So you are basing your opinion that she did not experience black heritage while growing up based on the fact that her dad was not 100% black and an academic?
Isn't that a massive assumption?
Do you know the demographics of the neighborhoods where she lived?
Do you know who her friends were when she was growing up?
Do you know the teachers and adults who influenced her life outside of her home?
You have no idea of the experiences and culture that shaped her life. Parents are a large part, for sure, but neither you or I are qualified to judge if her experiences in life qualify as meeting some minimum criteria to be considered black. (And even that in itself is a fairly undefinable concept beyond stereotypes that will be different for every person you ask).
This is all dumb, but you can find quite a few past news reports where she indicates her Indian mother was a big influence. That should track since Dad divorced her Mom at a fairly young age and wasn't in the picture as much.

I think Vance summarized it all pretty well in an interview yesterday. Harris highlights whatever part of her is most likely to be advantageous to her in the moment. Time to get into college? Black is the way to go. Time to run for office and like the narrative of being a "first"? Hey all, I am Indian. She is all of these things but when you highlight these things as what makes you qualified for a position, it opens you up to criticism on same.

At the end of the day though the only demographic she belongs to that is concerning is the "moron" demographic. I hope the GOP gets away from talking about this stuff because it falls directly into these goofballs wheelhouse. They want to get into a navel gazing discussion about intersectionality and oppression and all that other nonsense. Don't fight on their field of battle. They should be running her equity quotes, her gun confiscating quotes, her unhinged rant about saying "Merry Christmas", the awful cost of everything that was massively exacerbated by the administration she belongs to, etc. She's a quack. Focus on that.

I think you're both wrong and right at the same time. I think maga is at its core a nativist movement, which naturally overlaps with both of the things you guys identify in it.

True

Group 1) Racists join MAGA because they see racist overtones in the messaging.

Group 2) MCM and others join MAGA because they think it will bring back the time when we had a middle class.

We will all argue whether or not Trump had racist intent in the messaging but pretty obvious he is attracting people from both groups.

Reactions: SqueakyClean
This is all dumb, but you can find quite a few past news reports where she indicates her Indian mother was a big influence. That should track since Dad divorced her Mom at a fairly young age and wasn't in the picture as much.

I think Vance summarized it all pretty well in an interview yesterday. Harris highlights whatever part of her is most likely to be advantageous to her in the moment. Time to get into college? Black is the way to go. Time to run for office and like the narrative of being a "first"? Hey all, I am Indian. She is all of these things but when you highlight these things as what makes you qualified for a position, it opens you up to criticism on same.

At the end of the day though the only demographic she belongs to that is concerning is the "moron" demographic. I hope the GOP gets away from talking about this stuff because it falls directly into these goofballs wheelhouse. They want to get into a navel gazing discussion about intersectionality and oppression and all that other nonsense. Don't fight on their field of battle. They should be running her equity quotes, her gun confiscating quotes, her unhinged rant about saying "Merry Christmas", the awful cost of everything that was massively exacerbated by the administration she belongs to, etc. She's a quack. Focus on that.
Well said. I agree, but that would require the GOP to be disciplined and play offense. I won’t hold my breath 😁

WTF does starting a mower, changing oil, or swapping out a battery have to do with managing a construction crew. I'm just using baseline moron level skills that any real man can do. I'm not talking rebuilding a transmission or even changing brakes.

I did manage a landscape crew in college since you asked. That count?
I asked because construction workers are real men. Managing them means needing more testosterone than herding college kids around.

That’s extremely hard to do so he’s got that going for him, which is nice.
Complete buffoon. (See the post directly above this one as an example). Like his MAGA god. Posts 5th grade-level insults and thinks they're sick burns.

Someone recently posted something along the lines of he's smarter than the other MAGA posters here. I see no evidence of that.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
So you are basing your opinion that she did not experience black heritage while growing up based on the fact that her dad was not 100% black and an academic?
Isn't that a massive assumption?
Do you know the demographics of the neighborhoods where she lived?
Do you know who her friends were when she was growing up?
Do you know the teachers and adults who influenced her life outside of her home?
You have no idea of the experiences and culture that shaped her life. Parents are a large part, for sure, but neither you or I are qualified to judge if her experiences in life qualify as meeting some minimum criteria to be considered black. (And even that in itself is a fairly undefinable concept beyond stereotypes that will be different for every person you ask).
All we know is what we know.. Unless you know the answers to your own questions, I'll base my opinion on what is known.

• Haha
Reactions: Bowlmania
I think Trump will win Indiana and the other red states whether his campaign handlers successfully get him to moderate his message and focus on issues, or he ignores them and continues to be his himself, blatant racism, division, and all. Out.
Do you think if you keep repeating 'racism' enough, do you think it will make it true?

Imagine saying whatever the **** you want..... You'd think people have a right to free speech or something.

Back in the good old days, when white people had even more control than they have now and black folks had a harder time moving up the economic and power ladders. When racism was much more overt and borderline 'accepted' because, well, that's just the way things were. And hell, that doesn't even begin to address women's rights.

Are you saying black politicians are claiming to be a different kind of black to black constituents? And that the black constituents are being fooled by these black politicians? And you are making this determination as an older white male? I want to be sure I understand exactly what you are saying here.
Yes, I'm saying politicians like Obama and Kamala pander to black audiences that they have little in common with, other than skin color. They affect accents and phrases they wouldn't use in normal speech, when speaking in front of organizations and crowds that are mostly black.

I didn't say their black constituency are fooled - they see through it. I don't think it changes anyone's mind, but it's kind of a wink and nod like "I see y'all"..... like they're down with the struggle when they have no ****ing idea.

Yes, it's my determination as an older white male who has seen this for generations. I realize not everyone has the benefit of my years of wisdom. But that's why I'm here - to share that wisdom. Free of charge.

• Haha
Reactions: mcmurtry66
Yes, I'm saying politicians like Obama and Kamala pander to black audiences that they have little in common with, other than skin color. They affect accents and phrases they wouldn't use in normal speech, when speaking in front of organizations and crowds that are mostly black.

I didn't say their black constituency are fooled - they see through it. I don't think it changes anyone's mind, but it's kind of a wink and nod like "I see y'all"..... like they're down with the struggle when they have no ****ing idea.

Yes, it's my determination as an older white male who has seen this for generations. I realize not everyone has the benefit of my years of wisdom. But that's why I'm here - to share that wisdom. Free of charge.
And what does Trump have in common with the rural, blue collar working class MAGAs that make up the majority of his public appearances? Not one ****ing thing, except skin color.

Back in the good old days, when white people had even more control than they have now and black folks had a harder time moving up the economic and power ladders. When racism was much more overt and borderline 'accepted' because, well, that's just the way things were. And hell, that doesn't even begin to address women's rights.
I’ve never understood this type of argument.

Unless you believe what Murt is talking about in the past was a result of the racism that existed then, why can’t one pine for the good things of the past, even if bad things also existed?

The other irony is that you’re admitting progress on the racial front in the US—something the SJWs will fight you on, and maybe label you a racist for.

How they were treating him?! You mean asking him questions about his real, actual record and things he's said? Come on man.

He wasn't treated badly at all. Yes, he complained about being treated bad, but he does that any time someone isn't kissing his ass.
VanPastor man they treat trump with kid gloves, never asking tough questions. Have you watched Fox lately?

Reactions: Ohio Guy
I get what you and @TheOriginalHappyGoat are implying but there’s a massive practical element to it that’s lost. “When racism was much more overt and borderline accepted.” How do you go back to that? It has no practical reality. The 1960s acts aren’t going anywhere. All the protections that were put into place to protect against racism aren’t lip service they are VEHEMENTLY protected and continue to grow into other areas

Maga isn’t race it’s simply when times were perceived as easier

Reactions: stollcpa and DANC
I get what you and @TheOriginalHappyGoat are implying but there’s a massive practical element to it that’s lost. “When racism was much more overt and borderline accepted.” How do you go back to that? It has no practical reality. The 1960s acts aren’t going anywhere. All the protections that were put into place to protect against racism aren’t lip service they are VEHEMENTLY protected and continue to grow into other areas

Maga isn’t race it’s simply when times were perceived as easier
But when it's all white folks (MAGA) wanting to go back to that time, it's hard to not question that motive.

And really, there's nothing any politician can do to take us back to a time when life will be easier again. At least not in a society where money rules all. You could move to central america or parts of Europe or whatever and have a simpler, easier life, but technology and the world being smaller means that's not happening in the US. We're too focused on competition and money and big business. JMO.

But when it's all white folks (MAGA) wanting to go back to that time, it's hard to not question that motive.

And really, there's nothing any politician can do to take us back to a time when life will be easier again. At least not in a society where money rules all. You could move to central america or parts of Europe or whatever and have a simpler, easier life, but technology and the world being smaller means that's not happening in the US. We're too focused on competition and money and big business. JMO.
I don’t think race has anything to do with that motive. It’s when you could graduate high school get a good job in manufacturing construction the trades and buy a new car and a house and you didn’t need two incomes and you worked 9-5 and didn’t need a side hustle or to learn coding. My dad got back from Vietnam bought a house worked non degree jobs. We had new cars. Mom stayed home. I went to private catholic. Hell it carried through to my own gen. Our high school keeper was outstanding. 6’4. Meaner than shit. Fearless. Great technique. D1 schollies everywhere. But he knocked up a chick end of junior year. Girl’s dad worked at Chrysler. So he skipped college and worked on the line at Chrysler. @manichi will laugh at this but he became what we call south county hoosier rich. $350k siding McMansion. Boat they tow to the ozarks every weekend in the summer. Always drove a late model jeep. That’s maga. The soco hooz is maga. And they used to be Dems. That’s the American dream. But now Chrysler left. There’s 5 million sq ft of vacancy in its stead. A wagoneer is a 100k and that house is $850k. And the Dems talk nonstop about race and tranny rights. They left the workers that were the meat of the country. They are maga. And they don’t Identify with McCain Romney etc. they’re old blue collar Dems.

And I agree with you that there is no going back. Trump is just pandering. Tapped into a good angle. I manufacture overseas. We could never do what we do here. And there are a million other us little companies like us

Last edited:
Reactions: stollcpa

It’s not simpler times. It’s the monetary system. People want to go back to a time when they could afford shit. It’s always been the monetary system. Racism, sexism, phobias, and etc. are just bullshit the media pumps out to pit one side against the other (both sides do it to be clear).

Also, black people are pissed as well and find their own reasons to express their anger incorrectly, systemic racism for example. The reality is when they were coming out of the 1960s and finally getting all their rights, they got f#cked by broken money. The irony is MAGA and blacks have far more on common than they realize and they’re both getting f#cked by the monetary system. It’s always been the f#cking money.

Last edited:
Reactions: DANC
I don’t think race has anything to do with that motive. It’s when you could graduate high school get a good job in manufacturing construction the trades and buy a new car and a house and you didn’t need two incomes and you worked 9-5 and didn’t need a side hustle or to learn coding. My dad got back from Vietnam bought a house worked non degree jobs. We had new cars. Mom stayed home. I went to private catholic. Hell it carried through to my own gen. Our high school keeper was outstanding. 6’4. Meaner than shit. Fearless. Great technique. D1 schollies everywhere. But he knocked up a chick end of junior year. Girl’s dad worked at Chrysler. So he skipped college and worked on the line at Chrysler. @manichi will laugh at this but he became what we call south county hoosier rich. $350k siding McMansion. Boat they tow to the ozarks every weekend in the summer. Always drove a late model jeep. That’s maga. The soco hooz is maga. And they used to be Dems. That’s the American dream. But now Chrysler left. There’s 5 million sq ft of vacancy in its stead. A wagoneer is a 100k and that house is $850k

And I agree with you that there is no going back. Trump is just pandering. Tapped into a good angle. I manufacture overseas. We could never do what we do here. And there are a million other us little companies like us
I understand your point. That's fair. But I don't know that black and brown people would have been able to tell that same story from the late 60's/early 70's as what you just told about a couple of white dudes.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
It’s not simpler times. It’s the monetary system. People want to go back to a time when they could afford shit. It’s always been the monetary system. Racism, sexism, phobias, and etc. are just bullshit the media pumps out to pit one side against the other (both sides do it to be clear).

Also, black people are pissed as well and blame it on systemic racism. The reality is when they were coming out of the 1960s and finally getting all their rights, they got f#cked by broken money.
Well my dude, in my opinion, the GOP is the party that long ago prioritized businesses over personal incomes and as big business has gotten even more say so in our politics (GOP did that) and has gotten even greedier, they've taken the opportunity to relocate, make higher margins and **** over the middle class.

reform #1 for me is limiting corporate political donations so that politicians have to answer to personal donors, not corporate donors. Sounds simple. Won't happen.

Reactions: PhyloeBedoe
I understand your point. That's fair. But I don't know that black and brown people would have been able to tell that same story from the late 60's/early 70's as what you just told about a couple of white dudes.
agreed re blacks then. I’m just speaking to the MO of maga.

Yes, I'm saying politicians like Obama and Kamala pander to black audiences that they have little in common with, other than skin color.

Ain't arguing, but Trump has nothing in common with 99% of his audiences, not even skin color.

Bet I'm older and my wisdom is about as valuable as what you are charging.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
I don’t think race has anything to do with that motive. It’s when you could graduate high school get a good job in manufacturing construction the trades and buy a new car and a house and you didn’t need two incomes and you worked 9-5 and didn’t need a side hustle or to learn coding. My dad got back from Vietnam bought a house worked non degree jobs. We had new cars. Mom stayed home. I went to private catholic. Hell it carried through to my own gen. Our high school keeper was outstanding. 6’4. Meaner than shit. Fearless. Great technique. D1 schollies everywhere. But he knocked up a chick end of junior year. Girl’s dad worked at Chrysler. So he skipped college and worked on the line at Chrysler. @manichi will laugh at this but he became what we call south county hoosier rich. $350k siding McMansion. Boat they tow to the ozarks every weekend in the summer. Always drove a late model jeep. That’s maga. The soco hooz is maga. And they used to be Dems. That’s the American dream. But now Chrysler left. There’s 5 million sq ft of vacancy in its stead. A wagoneer is a 100k and that house is $850k. And the Dems talk nonstop about race and tranny rights. They left the workers that were the meat of the country. They are maga. And they don’t Identify with McCain Romney etc. they’re old blue collar Dems.

Didn't Chrysler have two full car plants on that property? it was huge. hoosier rich lol

ya, that's what it used to be like. aunt in Glendale had some neighbors who were cops, machinists, teachers. 40 years later it's all lawyers, product managers, software engineers.

Didn't Chrysler have two full car plants on that property? it was huge. hoosier rich lol

ya, that's what it used to be like. aunt in Glendale had some neighbors who were cops, machinists, teachers. 40 years later it's all lawyers, product managers, software engineers.
Massive!! Spot on re Glendale. That’s exactly my point that took me too long to reach

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT